Feb 21-28 It's the end of February...here they come! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2005, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, all! Not getting much computer time here, either. I got a new comp. system Friday, so I'm trying to transfer all of my stuff to the new one. (We run a home business).

Baby is doing well, and seems to have grown a LOT the last 2 days!!! We had newborn pics taken on Wedensday, and I will post a link as soon as they are up on the photographers stie!!! It should be 2 weeks or so. I got some nursing ones taken, but I know no one here will take offense if I post them

Cloth diapering is going great! I finally used up the nb sposies we were given, only to be given a pack of size 1s, that DD opened before I could stop her (think todder running amuck in the house, and mama too busy nursing). I guess I'm a better poopie wiper, b/c I'm only using one wipe per change??? So however many that is~~ 10ish? I seem to have plenty of dipes, and baby is now fitting into the small FB I have, as well as still using the kissaluvs, and XS FBs. We like the bumpy covers best, and since her cord fell of (at 2.5 weeks) the bummis fit well too. I couldn't use them before b/c they rubber her stump really bad

Hope the sick and diaper rashy babies get better soon!!! SOrry no time to "talk" to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 PM

Hi mamas.I feel like I have been away from you all forever, although I do think about you every day.
Lilah needs constant nursing supervision, as she seems to fall asleep all the time, only to awaken when she is put down! Of course!!
Lilah is nursing so much, and sleeping pretty well at night too, which is unlike dd1, so for now I am lucky.
Dh is still at home with us, he goes back to work next Monday, when I am sure everything will go horribly pear shaped for a while.
I did not have time to read any of the previous posts, but am thinking of you all.

xxxx jasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Old 02-27-2005, 10:24 PM

Hi everyone,
Andrew David arrived at 11:02 p.m. on February 23 (my due date!). I'll post a birth story soon. We've had a lot of visitors the last few days and I've had no ambition to get online! We are all well. Ds1 is so thrilled to be a big brother and the baby's been pretty mellow. We're enjoying getting to know each other...I'm off--time to nurse! I hope you are all well and I look forward to catching up soon.

Andrew David
8lbs 12oz
21.5 inches
lots of dark hair (looks just like his big brother did!!)
One happy family! xoxo
Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 PM

Zander weighed 8lbs 14oz at his 2 week check up on Friday...I posted a picture of him today in the photo gallery on his babiesonline site. He looks bald but he actually has fuzzy blond hair. Quick update on me...the glue is finally starting to fall off of my incision.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:29 AM

CONGRATULATIONS, Susan! Welcome, Andrew David!!!

hmmm - born on your due date, huh? Mind having a chat with my baby?

Tomorrow I'm one week past the edd. Trying not to think ahead to possible interventions... At the end of the week, we have to consult with an OB and have an u/s to make sure placenta is still doing its job. But hey - there is still this week...! Today we went for another nice walk, um, didn't quite get to the other homework ( ), but I am taking my EPO...Got a lot of work around the house done today, and a nap. - oh, and baked some chocolate chip cookies!

Elaina - what a great photo! He looks so robust, what a cutie!!

jasmine - glad to hear things are going well. Sending you courage and strength for your first day without dh tomorrow!

Hi Joy and Free Thinker! Glad to hear the cding is going well! I am set up with prefolds for the beginning, and only a couple of fitteds. Prowraps, Bummis and aristocrats for covers - oh - and one Wonderoos. Fingers crossed that it will go well for me, too! Joy, what did you end up setting yourself up with?
Old 02-28-2005, 02:34 AM
tug

Congratulations Susan and welcome Andrew David!!! Yay!

Hevea - baking and walking sounds heavenly -- good encouragement to the little one to come on out to join you!

Freethinker - i think our 2 year olds must be on the same wavelength. james is majorly amuck most of the time now. he clearly understands that i can't get up and get him when i'm nursing the baby.

Shannon - so sorry to hear about the pain and the useless tests, etc. That must be soooo frustrating (oh, and, yeah, depressing!). i'm wishing you strength and some kind of painkiller.

Amy - how cute that all the kids want to hold the baby!

Mia is still really sick. We are suctioning her nose constantly and she has the most pitiful cough and cry. it is so awful yo have your child be so sick and not be able to do anything. i am just sitting here holding her as she alternately snorfles and cries -- this will go on 'til 4 and then she'll sleep a bit and dh takes over at 5:30. luckily, her fever is down so i hope this will be over soon.

ok, my one free hand to type is tired. i'm thinking of all of you!

terenia

p.s. -- no amber today?...
Old 02-28-2005, 04:19 AM

Just wanted to say hi and see who's still pregnant. I hope you guys have your babies soon.

Scott is keeping me up all night right now. We had a few good nights and then a few bad nights. Last night was pretty bad, he was crying, I was crying, and DH was throwing his hands in the air in frustration. I'm also trying to catch a cold. Still I can't complain because I just look at his little face and I can't help but sigh and kiss him all over. He's just so delicious and wonderful. I'm getting better about napping during the day even though it's hard to do it sometimes. He's gaining weight like crazy too...I stepped on the scale and then weighed myself with him and it was a ten pound difference! I'm sure he isn't 10 lbs...but I'm sure he's close. I feel so good about that because it's all booby juice making him gain that weight. Well I'm off to finish watching Dances With Wolves and then I'm going to try to get some sleep.

I hope there are some baby announcements later today.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Hello!! Here I am again...42 weeks and still pregnant!! I contracted pretty regularly last night from about 6pm then things died down around 11pm and I went to sleep. Frustrating... very frustrating!! : I can't believe I am still pregnant!! It's insane!! I have an appt. with my mw at 10:30 so I will check in after that!!

Congrats to Susan and welcome baby Andrew!!

Heve ~ Sending you some labor vibes... hope things kick off for you better than they have for me!! If you go past 42 weeks do you have to deliver in the hospital??

Hello to everyone else!! Sorry I don't do more personals! My brain is in one mode only... ****Baby, come out**** Hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying your sweet babes!! Take care!!

Old 02-28-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm going to have to apologize for the lack of personals too - I'll be lucky to be able to read and catch up.

Flannery Grace was born Feb. 14, 10:27 p.m. 6 lb. 14.7 oz, 19''. I'll have to get the story into the birth announcements, but basically, the day involved two trips to the hospital, water breaking, 6 IV attempts, not getting the epidural I wanted by the time I got to the hospital, and a really quick delivery, which complicated our hospital stay a little. I am GBS positive, and didn't get enough antibiotics. And the hospital staff was worried about Flannery Grace not having enough fluid pushed out of her lungs during delivery.

I tore all the way through the perineum, so I am still pretty sore, but trying to take it easy. (It's hard! I want to get so much done.)

I've missed you ladies, looking forward to catching up!

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:47 PM

ouch, Bridget!!! Healing vibes to you~~~ emotionally and physically! Welcome baby Flannery Grace!!! girl:

Sorry to hear about your frustrating night, Amber. Baby wasn't even tempted to join in the sledding fun, eh? I don't get it...

Yup, still pregnant here, too. 41 weeks today. To answer your question (long version), my understanding is this...midwives in Ontario are legislated, and covered by our health care, so basically there are certain protocols they have to follow. Well - within the informed consent parametres. As in, legally, they are supposed to administer the eye prophylaxis, but parents still have a choice, and can refuse them. As for "overdue" babies, at 10 days past the edd, mother has to consult with an OB, and they will weigh in. The course of action is typically a bpp (biophysical profile), an u/s that measure various things on the baby, to determine whether or not the placenta has started breaking down. If all is ok, more time is bought to continue care with the mw, but I think that at 14 days past the edd, I have to be transferred to an OB, and they typically induce, regardless of whether or not placenta shows to be doing fine. I'll be seeing my mw tomorrow, so I can get all this confirmed/re-explained. The thing is, my dates are accurate - I was charting to get pregnant, and I've been measuring on date all along. I know that at some point, though, I lost some days...because of course, Shannon and I knew each other's cycles, and I was exactly, what - 2 weeks behind her? And her edd was February 12 or 14, which would place my edd at February 26 or 28. I'm going to bring that up tomorrow, because likely Feb 21 is based on LMP, not ovulation.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Susan and welcome David Andrew! Congratulations Bridget and welcome Flannery Grace! I updated the list with both of you!

Sending out labor vibes to Heve and Amber...come on babies!!!

Shannon, thinking of you and hoping that you're doing okay.

Does someone else want to take the list this week or should I do it again? I'm thinking about removing people due the first two weeks of Feb if we haven't heard from them, assuming they have left MDC. So if you're lurking, check in!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:45 PM

Hi! Had my appointment this morning. My blood pressure is up which my midwife says is a good indication of labor soon. I also had her check me and I am 4 and 50%!!! I am happy about that. I was going to cry if she said I was only 1 or 2. My cervix is way way back like it was with my last birth so I am trying to figure out how I can deal with that and make that a little easier. Anyway, having pretty strong contractions on and off today... I think we are actually getting close...I am sooo excited!!

Heve ~ I hope all works for you and you don't end up having to do the hospital!! I am glad I am okay at home!! And no... I can't figure out why this little one didn't want to join us in our sledding fun!!

Everyone else... Congrats on new babies and hello to everyone else!!

Old 02-28-2005, 08:51 PM

Here's a to those still pregnant. Your babies will be here soon (I promise they can't stay in there forever )
Old 02-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli
Does someone else want to take the list this week or should I do it again? I'm thinking about removing people due the first two weeks of Feb if we haven't heard from them, assuming they have left MDC. So if you're lurking, check in!
I've started a new thread:
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...01#post2751901

Hey, it's not like I'm busy having a baby or anything...

Gotta run - will post more later!

User Tag List