Beckett is born! Awesome hospital birth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2005, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm typing one-handed so this'll be short. Just wanted to announce the birth of my beautiful son!! He was due on the 28th but ended up being born on the 20th. We always thought he'd be early.
My mom made it in time to assist (she lives 7 hours away) and everything was perfect. Started having contractions Friday and lost my plug. By Friday night cont. were every 2 minutes so we headed to the hospital. Only 3 centimeters when we got there. I was very bummed but should've known the contractions weren't strong enough. Guess I was hoping to get lucky this time around. We went home. Good thing because labor puttered ALL DAY Saturday. Maybe a contraction every half hour. We tried everything to get labor going but all normal methods would stop it altogether. I finally went to pout in the tub (around 10 p.m.). I was feeling like at this rate I'd have to go to work on Monday. : My dh came in to sit with me. I told him I'd been having some stronger contractions in the tub but I didn't want to get my hopes up. He started keeping track of them anyway but I wouldn't let him tell me how close together they were. My water broke in there and we left for the hospital again because things got really intense right after that. Beckett was born at 12:46. No medication, no IV, no pitocin, no interference. The docter was AWESOME. Did perineum (sp?) massage when Beck was crowning and I only have a very small tear. Baby nursed within 5 minutes. They were still giving me the 2 stitches I needed. 15 minutes of pushing only!!
My mom and dh were awesome as well. I couldn't do it without them taking such good care of me. Dh pressing on my back with his huge heating pad hands and my mom talking me through every contraction. Telling me to breathe out love for my baby. It was wonderful. I am in love... with my newborn and my family. Wish time could stand still in this week for awhile more. My mom here taking care of me so I can take care of Beck and my 2.5 y.o.
Just as a bonus... I had on my pre-pregnancy jeans yesterday!! 5 days after delivery! Yay!
Welcome to our family Beck. We are so happy to be your parents!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Congratulations, Kelly! Sounds like a wonderful birth. And how lucky you are to have your Mom with you.

Enjoy your sweet blessing!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:50 PM

Congrats, and welcome to the world, Beckett!

User Tag List