Week of Feb. 28 - March 7 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we've been out quite a bit with mia but mostly shielded from othe people. the only exception was church but i told people who asked to hold her we politely declined. i explained about rsv and how dangerous it can be and people have understood. i've avoided work a) because they're being jerks and b) because they'll all want to hold her and i'm afraid of the germs. i figure on going down once it warms up some.

: to woolfairy and heveasoul. my thoughts are with you and am sending labor vibes!!!

ambam, glad to her miah elena is going to be fine. i'm sorry that the birth was tramatic. is her name pronounced "me-ah" or "my-ah"? either way it's a beautiful name i just want to make sure i'm saying it correctly.
#92 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
tug

traci - i can understand your unwillingness to take her out and around people, esp the office where co-workers will want to hold her, during flu season. my advice would be to avoid closed areas where people will want to handle her -- having had a three week old with rsv, i would avoid any "catching" situation i could. just my 2 cents.

heve and elle - remember to try the two pressure points as long as you're trying everything - the ankle one and the spot between your forefinger and your thumb (the little fleshy area - press 'til it hurts a bit is what i read). Can't hurt. good birth vibes to you both!

how do you keep them awake when you think they should stay up a bit more?
#93 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 01:35 PM

To Heve and Elle...I totally forgot to pass on something I learned at the salon 2 weeks ago... Have a pedicure!!! The lady who does them at the salon SWEARS it will put you into labor because they press on your pressure point (like Tug said) on your ankles and it starts contractions if your body is ready.

Can't hurt right? Heck...it sounds heavenly too

And I think you ladies are right...I really don't want to take her to work yet and I'm inclined to wait until she is a month old and out of the flu season. Tough cookies to them.
#94 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 03:01 PM

Molly and I have been out and about lots and tomorrow we are finally having our open house/meet Molly day here at the house--but she's very close to 6 wks old.
Can I just bitch abit here about dh?? I haven't slept in many days, partly cause of MOlly and partly just straight insomnia, so this morning at 8 dh gets up and takes Molly and I tell him, I'm just going to stay in bed and try to get some real sleep--he says that's a good idea, so he brings her back to me at 9 after she's changed and fed, only she starts to cry 10 min later, so he comes back and gets her. Between 9 and noon he did this 8 times--would you not figure out after the first couple that perhaps you the baby's father could just take care of her in the living room where she is content??? He even said to me "every time I bring her in to you she's sound asleep" well, if she's sleeping is she really that difficult for you to care for????? I got up and I assumed that since he spent all morning pawning her off on me that he had been cleaning all morning in preparation for tomorrow--but NO, he hasn't done a damn thing!!!!!!! So now I still havne't slept and I will now have to figure a way to clean and take care of the baby all f**king all afternoon. I just don't believe the stupidity!!! It's like the time when he first started working nights that he came home in the morning and didn't want to wake me--so he locked both dogs--we had Tunza the maniac at the time, locked them both in the bedroom with me and threw Tunza's squeaky ball in with her--thanks, dog walking all over me while ball is squeaking, Havoc at the door whining cause he isn't free to pace the halls when people are in different rooms, wow, thanks for being so nice and making sure I wouldn't hear you making cereal!!
#95 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 03:12 PM

nak~Take the castor oil in a chocolate milk shake.It isn't so bad and almost yummy!I put 4oz in a shake and drank most of it.I went into labor 2 hrs later and had a baby in 45 minutes,very intense.Good luck!
#96 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 04:20 PM

Traci -
My coworkers have been begging to see the baby from day 1.... I compromised and we will go in when he is a month old (monday the 14th). In the sling.... hopefully during a sleepy time, and we won't be playing pass the baby. They want to give us yet more stuff. Where the he** am i supposed to put more stuff????

shan - I believe we've discussed this before - you need to give your DH a good swift kick to knock some sense back into him.

labor vibes to Heve and Elle....
#97 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
labor vibes to Elle!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#98 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 08:30 PM

Joy, in saying knock some sense back into him you are implying that he had any to begin with
I have been out with Molly and the dogs all afternoon shopping for tomorrow and I threatened him within an inch of his life when I left that I had better not recognize the place when I returned and he has done a very good job cleaning up, so I suppose I may keep him. I on the other hand am in agony, my belly is still extremely sore and I'm exhausted from all this grocery shopping!
#99 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 10:44 PM

Our overdue gals.....no words of advice, it seems like you're doing all you can....just wanted to send 's and ~*~*~*Labor Vibes!!!~*~*~*~*~* your way!

Shannon- sometimes men REALLY don't get it! I'm glad he finally made up for it and cleaned the house. Are you feeling better these days?

Amber- I'm sorry you had a traumatic birth. PM me if you want to talk....
#100 of 116 Old 03-06-2005, 12:09 AM

Lisa, hi, no, I'm not really feeling better yet, my abdomen is obviously swollen-even though I'm dropping weight, I'm still very constipated and still in a lot of pain. It was really bad last night and dh suggested we go to emerg at a different hospital, the problem is that I can't think of any other test that could be run. I see my OB again on Tuesday and I'll see what she thinks about things then. If she has no suggestions I will have my family doc refer me to someone at the much larger teaching hospital that she is affiliated with.

Heve, I hadn't mentioned it really but if you are not hanging out in your pool tomorrow afternoon--you know cause you had the baby today...... we are having our open house tomorrow (combination for the business but also family and friends and meet Molly day--as my friend called it) from noon to 5, feel free to drop by, I even bought some of that limited edition Sleeman Fine Porter, ya know if I can tempt you....
#101 of 116 Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all.

Thanks, Shannon. I think we'll be sticking around here, though. I'm so sorry about your pain. I hope you can find out more and start your recovery this week!

So started on the blue and black cohosh yesterday, and on my acupuncturist's advice, skipped yesterday's session, but will go back this evening. Had the mw come by to check if my cervix had opened yet, for her to do a stetch and sweep. nope. And baby's head was still a bit high - too high for her to even try to force a s & s (nothing rigid against which to push the cervix - like chasing a wobbly cooked noodle).

My throat has been hurting since yesterday... :

On as positive a note as I can muster, things felt different in there for her, my pelvis felt more open. And in this morning's shower, a bunch of hair came out as I worked through the conditioner (this always used to happen, but stopped during my pregnancy).

Thanks for all the labour vibes and suggestions!
#102 of 116 Old 03-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Oh.My.God. I have hemmorhoids. The grab the wall and stifle your screams with toilet paper kind. All I can say is thank god for preparation H. Anyone got a take on the suppositories? I'm pretty desperate.

DH goes back to work tomorrow. I'm half anticipating/half dreading it. He's driving me up the wall so I'm glad he'll be out of my hair for a little bit, but that means I'm on my own and Scott has been uber fussy lately and I'm having a hard time coping because I'm not exactly feeling refreshed and rested. Still, it will be nice to have DH out of my hair. Wish me luck on this one.

Heve, have you given your baby an eviction notice? I think they have a certain time period by law to obey the eviction notice, but they have to comply eventually. Give that child a talking to.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#103 of 116 Old 03-06-2005, 02:00 PM

Maybe if we all start chanting and sending labor vibes to Heve she will have that bub before Wednesday. Whaddya say? It's worth a shot!

Here I go........

~*~*~*COME ON BABY!!!~*~*~*~SHORT AND SWEET, EASY LABOR VIBES!!!~*~*~*COME ON OUT!~*~*~*TURN TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!~*~*~*COME ON BABY!!!!~*~*~*~*

Okay...now everyone needs to do this and I bet we'll get that baby to get things going!
#104 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabc311
Maybe if we all start chanting and sending labor vibes to Heve she will have that bub before Wednesday. Whaddya say? It's worth a shot!

Here I go........

~*~*~*COME ON BABY!!!~*~*~*~SHORT AND SWEET, EASY LABOR VIBES!!!~*~*~*COME ON OUT!~*~*~*TURN TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!~*~*~*COME ON BABY!!!!~*~*~*~*

Okay...now everyone needs to do this and I bet we'll get that baby to get things going!
Hi everyone, I'm posting with some news from Heveasoul. The weekend did not bring any hints of labor. She went for her U/S on Monday afternoon and it showed decreased amniotic fluid, after an NST and a talk with the ob and her midwife it was decided she could not continue to wait and would be placed in hospital that night. Fortunately she was able to go out to dinner with her dh. I spoke to her dh this afternoon and it turns out that after monitoring for the night they decided her little one had to come right away so they did a c-section. In her dh's words, baby was very green and had been living in his own poop for quite awhile.
So, her baby is nameless, a boy, 7lbs 4oz but he is in the NICU and they have been warned things could get worse before they get better. He is on oxygen but her dh says he's definitely a little fighter and is trying to get the O2 off his face.
Heve is doing well under the circumstances, it happened that the OB who was on this morning is the one she's heard such good things about, her dh says the nurses and doctor are both great.
Obviously it's going to hit her hard being away from baby and that she lost her ideal birth, but lets face it, in the long run, the really important thing is that Baby Boy Heveasoul and his mom are fine.
I'm sure she could use some good vibes sent her way. I will call her at the hospital tomorrow and post another update.

So how did everyone else survive this longer than expected MDC vacation??
#105 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 06:25 AM

Aww! Yeah, he is here! Congratulations and I am sorry about the section but sounds like that was the best for your little man. Good Healing vibes mama and you will be in my thoughts.

Thanks for the update Shannon! How are you feeling, any better? I hope so!

Hannah and I are doing great! Well she is great and beautiful and three weeks old on WEDS-ACK I cannot believe it! I however, have a hemrhoids very badly too. I think I am going to die. I need to get to the store tomorrow for some Witch Hazel, I here that helps a lot. Probably take some stool softners even though the poo isn't too hard, sorry if I gave TMI. Just wanted you to know that your not alone Shyly!

We are packing out our house next week and I am getting a bit anxious about it. Moving is nuts but having two toddlers and a NB is going to be insane. I have to get organized on what to pack for clothes, otherwise I will be overpacked as usual.
#106 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Congrats to Heveasoul and healing vibes to you both! This morning was supposed to be Kane's hip ultrasound but it was cancelled AGAIN due to a lack of communication between my family practice doc and the radiology unit, so I am going in this morning to "communicate" to them both. If this thing waits any longer and if there is indeed a problem he may need surgery....something I wasn't even told about until they started cancelling me and pushing me around. Now there is a referral in the computer AGAIN but they usually get lost 3 or 4 times and then I have usually a minimum wait for an apt of a month so the ped dr said the longest would be 6 weeks and anything after that would be risking it and well he is over 6 weeks old now. ARGH!!

On another note has anybody seen AF yet? We have been careless a few times I am not really worried but it came at 4 weeks pp with Korbin so this is different.

Have a good day...I have to leave to go to the hospital to argue now!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#107 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 11:13 AM

Shannon, Thanks SO much for the update on Hevea. I've been chomping at the bit while mdc was down wondering about her. I do hope she's okay -- I know she so wanted a homebirth. I do sooooo hope that her baby boy recovers quickly. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do!!!! Sending lots of loving healing vibes to hevea and baby boy. ((((LOVE))))

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#108 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Shan, I just sent you a PM but your box is full!

#109 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 11:36 AM

Hi Shannon,
Thanks so much for the update, Beth & I have been eager for news, but didn't want to email Christine & add to the watched pot effect.
I'm very happy to hear that all is well & she is now the mama of a little boy! But I'm so sorry to hear that the outcome was so stressful after all the wonderful preparation she went through, and I'm sure she is disappointed on some level, as Kate said.
Please send her lots of love & healing vibes from Beth & I (and our baby) and of course vibes to her little baby too! We will both be thinking of her often. Maybe you can PM me to tell me what hospital they are in when you have a chance!

Hi to Kate & you too! Hope you are both doing well with your little babies and your own recoveries! 5 more weeks 'til my EDD...
#110 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 12:27 PM

Congratulations, Christine! I've been thinking of you. I had decided that if MDC was still down today, I would email you. Take care of yourself and your little man. Sending you healing vibes (physically and emotionally) You will continue to be in my prayers. All the best to you and your family! Hope you can take your precious baby home soon. Keep us posted.

Monica: You're not alone with the hemmorhoids. I got one with Chloe's birth and it got larger and extremely painful during the birth of Sofia. With Colace and Witch Hazel it is getting a little better. BM's are still scarey though and need my full concentration.

Traci: Did you get your umbilical hernia taken care of? I still have mine. I need to go get a referral to a general surgeon sometime (in my spare time :LOL ) I do have dreams of a normal looking belly button, but I think my current one may look better with the stretch marks :LOL

Letabug: Are you BFing? My AF didn't come until 15 months pp (one of the benefits of BFing) and I only had 2 before getting PG with Sofia.

Sofia will be 3 weeks on Friday. I can't believe it! Time flies when you're having fun!!! Mom leaves tomorrow. I really will miss her. We had such a great visit! I don't know when I will be able to fly out to visit her and the rest of my family. Looking at Sept or sometime around there. My friend, Bobbi, is leaving mid month. She has really been a big help too. I've been pretty spoiled having Mom and Bobbi here doing most of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. As sad as I will be to see them all go, it will be nice to get into some type of schedule and have my house back. We need to find our new normal around here.

Well, I better go for now. Take care! Love, Tricia
#111 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 01:05 PM

Shannon thanks so much for the update on Heveasoul! I was chomping at the bit all weekend wanting an update but not being able to get on here. Congratulations mama. I'm sending strong healing vibes your way for both baby boy and mama.

Tricia: I wasn't able to get the umbilical hernia repaired while I was giving birth because I could not sync my doctor and the surgeon's schedule together I'm going to wait until the summer if possible now because A) I need to save another 1000 dollars for the hospital admittance insurance fee and B) I hate the hospital and don't feel like going back until I have to. I wish I could have had it taken care of but it didn't work out. I had a weird dream about it last night though that it was sticking out of my belly button a good 6 inches. Gross! :LOL

As for 'roids... I had one after birth that hurt like HELLO! Witch hazel took away the swelling and it didn't hurt anymore after about 3 days. You have to SOAK a pad...TP...anything and leave it on your 'roid for a couple hours at a time. It's very soothing and it takes away the pain almost instantly. HTH!

I can't believe Autumn is going to be 3 weeks on Friday. My sister, BIL and niece are on their way to Colorado! They will be here this coming weekend and are moving into an apartment just 1 mile down the road. It will be so nice to have my family all here. My mom and dad are coming in a couple of months.

Oh I finally had my first meal delivered! LOL Talk about better late than never right? One of Kelly's classmates mothers lives a couple of streets over from us and she brought us lasagna, salad, garlic bread and dessert 2 nights ago. I was so thrilled! What a sweet lady. I know some of you have been blessed with lots of delivered meals, but this is a first for us and boy did we appreciate it

Ok enough of my novel. Can you tell I'm happy MDC is back up

Have a wonderful day!
#112 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 PM

I'm so glad Christine had her baby. I'm sending healing vibes to both of you. Keep us updated if you can Shan (ha that rhymed).

Did any of you get a linea negra? How long does it take to fade?

Tricia - I so understand the need for concentration. As soon as that 'rhoid flared up I became regular again. Never in my life have I longed for constipation...lol. DH laughed at me me the whole time but I deserved it because I've always made fun of his...never will I taunt him over that subject again.

Well better run. Scott is napping and I'm going to go lay him down and try to sleep in a minute.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#113 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Monica, I got a linea negra and my mw said it could take a few months to heal and...that it may never totally fade! GULP!

#114 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM

Hi everyone, I just spoke to Heve and she is sounding quite good, she doesn't regret the c-section and knows it was what was best under the circumstances. Her little boy is off oxygen now and breathing room air, his blood O2 levels are good and the only problem now seems to be that his heartrate is still too high. She is pumping and he has already received colostrum. She's heading down to the NICU shortly to pump beside him and to hold him. Her dh held him this morning. She says she's up for company so I'm going to head over there this evening for a visit, I will bring her your well wishes
#115 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
tug

Hi everybody!

I started a new thread here:

http://69.20.14.30/discussions/showt...17#post2786217

terenia
#116 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 05:14 PM

oh my. shannon, please give her my best. i'll keep baby boy in my thoughts and looking for some good reports and a name!!! i'm sorry things didn't go well. it's a hard pill to swallow letting go of the birth you so desired. the important thing is that the baby is okay. : heveasoul.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page