Week of Feb. 28 - March 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, we're in the home stretch now...!! C'mon, February/March babies!

Lousli - Hazel Eliana born Dec 21
weesej (Jen) - Emmanuel Colin born Jan 13
mama2m&m (Denise) Mia Paige born Jan 13
3 Little Birds baby boy born Jan 22
Twin Mom (Deb) VBA2C homebirth Joe born Jan 23
Shannon0218 - Molly Joan born Jan 24
TexasSuz (Susan) - Leah Sheryl born Jan 24
Letabug (Arleta) Kane Aubry born Jan 25
Lasofia Ilario Joshua born January 27
ElizaBird (Eliza)- Orian James and Jonah Green born Jan 27
Tug (Terenia) - Mia Rose born Jan 29
Kater07 Lorelei Michelle Born Jan 30
FreeThinker Laina Beth born Feb 1
Dandylion (Stephanie) Irina Zoey born Feb 1
Coopsmama (Kristen)- William Sidney born Feb 2
HelloKitty (Kitty) Maxwell Dennis born Feb 4
Lisashepp (Lisa) Evan born Feb 5 (?)
Happymamajenni (Jenni) Parker Donovan Black born Feb 5
carrie24 (Carrie)- Edward IV born Feb 7
kimbalicious- Lucinda Pearl born Feb 8
lisabc311- Gavin Joseph born Feb 9
Periwinkle- William Thatcher born Feb 9
fairymama (Pamela) William Kendrick born Feb. 9
Sadkitty- Nigel Wren born Feb 10
LianneM- Allen Cramer IV born Feb 10
Wtchyhlr (Joy) Dominic Alec Whitcomb Valdez born Feb 11
alaskanteach (Gretchen) Oscar Tomas born Feb 11
Zandersmom- Zander born Feb 11
Marcela Ezra Omani born Feb 11
mehndimama (Stell)- unassisted homebirth Robert Kenneth Evans Michelsen born Feb 12
Emmama-Liam Joseph born Feb 12
PeacefulVegan- Ben River born Feb 13
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) Rachel born Feb 14
Um Hanna (Heather)- Yasmeen born Feb 14
HydeParkB Flannery Grace born Feb 14
earthmama007 Hannah Ruth born Feb 16
kavamamakava Mei Mei Feb 17
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) Lilah Geneve born Feb 17
shyly (Monica) Scott Francis born Feb 17
KateSt. UC - ChristoFinn born Feb 17
rose angel (Karen) Levi Fox born Feb 18
Mama2Chloe (Tricia)- Sofia Rose born Feb 18
Threeforme2005 (Traci) Autumn Eve born Feb 18
Ekblad7+ (Amy) Samuel Joseph born Feb 20
artgirl (Kelly) Beckett born Feb 20
Christi Viola Rose born Feb 23
Mainemon (Susan) Andrew David born February 23

Waiting to hear from...
Isabeau due early February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Truvie due Feb 2
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Parthenia due Feb 7 home waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
HeleneP, due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
AmBam (Amber) due Feb 14 homebirth
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
Bella'smamma (Cecily) due Feb 17
luvmytwo (Karen) due Feb 17
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
heveasoul due Feb 21, h/b with m/w
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
woolfairy (Elle) due Feb 27, baby #2 homebirth
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) due Feb 28, birth center
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb

PM me with any corrections/additions, please! Thanks!
#2 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 08:34 PM

subscribing
#3 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 09:31 PM

Hi, just subscribing! Waiting to hear about the new babes. :

Congratulations to all the new family members!!!

New thread looks great Heve.
#4 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 09:49 PM

Wow! Thanks Heve!

Shann, are you doing okay?
#5 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:08 PM

I'm hanging in Leslie, I'm still in alot of pain but surviving--I think Heve can probably attest that I've been sacastic as all get out (I just sent her an email a while ago) and Steve definitely does not want to step out of line right about now :LOL
Molly went to the doctor today (family doc) and she's up to a whopping 8lbs, 1oz!!! Last Monday she was 7lbs 4oz--and before that it had taken her 2 weeks to gain 2 oz, so she's definitely on the right road now--although we do still have 3 or 4 projectile puking episodes a day--last night, picture it, 3:15 in the morning, she's fed, she's changed, she's burped, she's wailing, I finally put her in the swing, instantly she takes a deep breath and relaxes, 2 minutes later puke flies across the living room hitting the solid black dog square between the eyes--at least I got a laugh in the middle of the night
#6 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:15 PM

Warning...proud mama alert. Scott had a checkup with the mw today. She did the PKU test but Scott did wonderful. She had to poke him three times and I think it hurt me worse. Also, Scott now weighs 9 1/2 lbs!!!! He was down from 8lbs 14 ozs at birth to 8 lbs 4 ozs at his last check. That means he gained 1 lb 4 ozs in 9 days!!! What a big boy! I'm so proud.

We've been having some issues with him fussing lately. I got some gas drops today and he seems to be doing much better *knock on wood* and I'll be running to the HFS tomorrow to get the hyland's tablets that my mw recommended.

DH and I are going to be taking a short road trip to find him a place to live while he's at Ft. Lee, VA for training. It is definitely going to be interesting to travel. If you have any advice I'll be grateful...it will be a three hour car drive and we'll be staying in a hotel.

Amber, Bridget, and hevea...sending labor vibes your way. Hevea, I love the set up of the thread!!

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#7 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM

Thanks, Christine for starting the thread! The list looks so pretty!! The week I started the thread, I had Sofia. Hopefully that will be the case for you! Hang in there! He/she will be here soon. Can't wait to hear all about your birth and to find out if you are have a little boy or a little girl! So exciting!!!

We are doing well. I don't have as much online time, but we will get back into a new normal soon and things will settle down. I have company through mid-March so after that we will figure things out.

I'll write more later!

Take care! Good luck for those in waiting.

Love, Tricia
#8 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:18 PM

Shannon: Glad to hear you are doing better.

Congrats to all the mamas and new babies. I can't wait to join you.

Yesterday was my due date and, so far as I know, there has been no further dilation beyond last Wednesday's 4cm and 90%. I had acupuncture on Wednesday to try to stimulate things, and did castor oil yesterday. I'm still pregnant today with no real timable contractions yet. And looking down the nose of a 10 1/2 lb baby at least. *sigh* Come Wednesday, my HMO is going to start the induction talk in full force, especially since all the home remedies aren't going anywhere. So don't delete me from the list yet. I'm still working on it.
#9 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again! Back from running our errands - poor pup was out of kibble!

Thanks for the compliments on the list - I had fun - did ya notice I reorganized the list to go in order of birth dates? (where's the patting oneself on the back smiley?) I've left the MIA mamas in for now...

Amber - yay for you - hope things move along now!

Woo hoo, Molly! Whew! So glad she's doing better! And now for her mommy...!! Love the puke story! Poor Havoc!

Thanks for the labour vibes! Keep 'em coming!!
#10 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

whoa! Cross posts!

Monica - yahoo on Scott's weight gain - be proud, we don't mind! Hope the homeopathics help with the fussiness. Thanks for the vibes and compliments!

Tricia - thanks for the encouragement - I hope the list starting works for me, too!

Labour vibes to you, woolfairy! How did the castor oil go? Ii've heard that's not fun. You bet, you're on the list - we'll wait to hear your good news and I'll update it!
#11 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 12:39 AM

Heve... great list! Looks awesome and I love how you organized it from January to February. Very nice

Shannon: I just spit water out reading Molly's latest projectile puke story! : Poor doggy!

Labor vibes to you ladies. Looks like some March babies are going to be joining us soon.

Autumn is still sleeping. I wish she would wake up soon so she doesn't party all night. Nights are so not fun.
#12 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 12:57 AM

Lol Traci, I so know what you mean, I'm here poking and tickling Molly cause she's been so peacefully asleep for 2 hours now and I know I'll pay for it in about 5 hrs!!
#13 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 09:18 AM

Monica-when korbin was 1 week old we traveled 20 hours and stayed in 1 hotel. It was hard make sure you sit in the back with him. Nursing in the car SUCKS. You have to lean over and it feels like an eternity especially when you have tiny boobs like me! The good new was he did great he would eat and then I would burp him when we went to one of the ultra nice rest stops along the way and change him and then on the road again! Being squished up in a car seat helped him not get hungry so fast so when we got to the hotel and then got home he ate and ate and ate. Now we travel almost 3 hours every weekend because we are close to home with Kane. I use formula so feeding is easy and I don't try to burp him until we stop halfway or when we get to mom's house or back to our house as far as changing goes because it is winter and he gets sweaty in the car seat I just change him in the car and only take him out of the car when we get to our destination. If you are using cloth diapers make sure you put an extra doubler more towards the back than you normally would because instead of being wet up front when traveling it is usually more to the back and don't forget that wet diapers left in a freezing cold car will infact freeze! Good luck and I hope you have a more patient dh than I do!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#14 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
tug

morning everybody -

heve -the list looks great. are you going to be that organized with the little one as well? i keep wondering how my house got to be such a shambles (i used to have my clothes hung by color in my closet) and then i watch ds (2 yo) run around the house for 2 minutes and i remember....and now with mia, i am just too tired to care that there are towels and toys and baby wipes (not used) dropped all over the floor all around the house.

yay amber on the blood pressure!

three4me and shannon - did they go to sleep? mia often sleeps in the evening and then wakes up at 11 for the party. ugh!

woolfairy - stupid hmo. yuck yuck yuck. anyway, though, at least you have your little one to look forward to!

congrats to scott, monica!

here, mia seems to be finally starting to get better - i only had to suction her nose twice last night (versus six times or so the night before ). james and i are less congested too.

freecycle is so great! i have been cleaning out our garage and meeting some really cool folks.

have a good day all!

terenia
#15 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 PM

Well, she sortof slept, she layed in bed with me making all sorts of funny noises that had Steve and I laughing then she drifted off, unfortunately shortly after that happened my heartburn hit full force and Steve was already asleep and she was sleeping on my arm so I couldn't bring myself to move her and get some rolaids, finally Steve woke up and I sent him, I think I feel asleep around 2 am and she woke up at 3:30, after that she was fussy and cranky until, well....now!! It ticks me off, I woke Steve at 8:00 and sent him out to the living room with her, I never heard her cry the whole time, he brought her back to me at 9:30 (yep, just as I was drifting off to sleep) and she continued on with fuss fest, so now I'm up and here with a baby bouncing off my collar bone in anger!!
How did everyone else sleep??
Terenia, I'm so glad to hear Mia seems to be on the road to recovery from her RSV.
#16 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 01:32 PM

Well she slept pretty good until 3am and then woke up with the nastiest nasal congestion so I spent the next 3 hours sucking out her nose and keeping her elevated and nursing her and playing with her because she would NOT go back to sleep. My husband got up at 7am to go back to work for the first time since the birth He left me a lovely pile of dishes in the sink (after I made him dinner last night!!!) and he left without getting our 18 month old up so I had to do everything this morning on very little sleep. Oh and he actually thought I was going to take our 11 yr old to school at 8am this morning too. :LOL Ummmm no...don't think so!

Sorry...wanna join my pity party again today? I knew that his going back to work would be the end of our happy blissful week together. *sigh*
#17 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 01:35 PM

Hey Ya'll...
i'm not dead
I'm getting over my bronchitis.
Dominic is back up to his birthweight - LOVES being in a sling in the snuggle position - thanks so much Lesley for telling me about it. (right now we're using the KKAFP because its chilly and the sling is warm...). His cord hasn't fallen off yet, midwife strongly sugested going back to sposies for a few days and no onsies, just tshirts to get LOTS of air on it so it comes off sooner. so we have makes me sad. i adore my cd's. and sposies are just ickier.

I stll haven't gotten my first disability check - they're saying maybe as long as another 3 weeks. HOLY cow. So i did my taxes, and we're getting a refund, which could be here in as soon as 10 days - which would be good because it would pay the march bills. *sigh*. this sucks.

big hugs to everyone....
Heve - would you go into labor already -

eta - new ADORABLE pic of Rod and Dominic is on the webpage below
#18 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 02:04 PM

Sofia's belly button stump fell off this morning! She has the cutest little belly button!!!! She is 11 days today. Just wanted to share the news! Gotta run! Take care and I'll check in later. Love, Tricia
#19 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 02:35 PM

Joy, have you been putting anything on the cord stump? We didn't put anything on it the first 4 days and then started to swab it with alcohol because of the rotting meat smell. It fell off 2 days later.

Scott let me get some sleep last night. It's funny...people keep saying he looks like me, but I didn't reakky see it. Last night I was drying off after bathing (and shaving...woot!!) and I happened to glance at myself in the mirror and I saw the same expression Scott gets on his face wjen he's content and full of milk. I guess he does look like me...it's neat to see it for myself.

I'm trying to battle a cold. It's mostly a deep chest cough and sone sniffles. I made a big pot of chicken soup last night and I'm taking echinacea to boost my immune. I'm hoping it goes quickly.

Welll enough updating...I can't believe I typed this all one-handed. I will say one thing really quickly, I'm feeling a little resentful towards DH. He gets to sleep all night on the couch and while he's been helpful, he's also been a PITA. I'm kind of looking forward to him going back to work on Monday.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#20 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

So - no word from Amber - hope you're having an empowering, joyful birth!!

Thanks for the check-ins, new mamas! I love hearing about this special time, getting to know your babies!

I saw my mw today. Feeling very emotional and teary today. I'm trying to maintain perspective. I am irked that despite being just 41 weeks, 1 day today, I am having to look ahead at a post-term situation. OB this, u/s that, induction this...it's ruining what could have been a peaceful last week with my dh, patiently awaiting our little one! : So here's the deal...on Thursday, I go for the bpp and NST, then Thursday evening, dh, mw and I discuss the situation with the on-call OB. If all checks out ok, and I have good info on the kick count, I hope to negotiate no transfer to an OB/hospital until Monday or Tuesday. Until then, I do what I can...sex, EPO, walks, bouncing on ball, acupuncture, homeopathics. My LMP puts my edd at Feb 25, although my ovulation date was June 1, which puts it at Feb. 21. BUT, I didn't have consistant 28-day cycles, so I will bring my charts to the table, too, which may buy me a few days. I can agree to check in for monitoring every other day, to make sure it can still be safe to birth at home. Sorry to ...getting quite sick of it, myself...
#21 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
tug

hevea - so sorry that your last week is turning into medical monitoring mania. those constant appointments and discussions of if, what, and how do sound like a drag. i'm hoping that your natural starters will start him/her up!! good luck!
#22 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 09:24 PM

Hey mams, how are you all doing?

Christine, the list looks fabulous. Thanks so much!
I sincerely hope that everything works out for you, and that you have the birth that you want. That sounds like a great idea to hopefully buy you a couple of extra days.

To all those with sick babies, hope they get better soon. Ella has a wicked cough which is really scary , especially when she coughs in Lilah's face. Yuck!! I am so paranoid about germs it's not funny, especially with a 10 day old in the house too.

Ok, can't remember any of the other posts at all. Where did my brain go? Take care xxxJasmine

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#23 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 10:27 PM

Monica...
yeah... the hospital did alchohol on dominic's stump and the midwife said the best course of action was to continue in one fashion (the mw's use goldenseal)... BUT she also said that not having lots of air on it (ie, my cds and covers that covered it could've been keeping it moist, ditto on the onsies) probably was what was keeping it on. SO... i'm hoping it falls off soon. like in a few days. i really want to give dominic his first bath here soon. very soon. Am thinking we'll make it a family affair in the bathtub.

Christine - i hope everyone goes for the plan to give you a few more days....
#24 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 10:41 PM

heve- Hang in there....I hope even with your appts. you are able to enjoy a last peaceful few days/week.

I sure hope Amber is in labor too!!!

I can't believe our baby will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. But then again, I can't remember life without him either. I could just kiss his face all day......
#25 of 116 Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 PM

I've updated Hazel's website with some pictures of her, including one where she's wearing her new wool soaker that I bough on Ebay. Check it out!
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bigsister/
password: mycroft
#26 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 03:31 AM

aww! what a cutie pie. she shows so much expression in those pics. LOVE the soaker!
#27 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 09:44 AM

Morning all. Sending good labor vibes out to all that haven't got to meet their little ones yet! My little on isn't so little anymore, he is over 10 lbs! DS1 wasn't 10 lbs until he was almost 3 1/2 months old, so I don't know what to make of this! I would be happier if I was making him grow like that, he only grew to 7 lbs in me and my milk didn't work so the formula is agreeing with him I guess I can be happy with that!

Everybody have a good day!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#28 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

oh my goodness, Lesley! How scrumptious she is in that soaker! My voice went up an octave, cooing over those photos! I think she looks a lot like Mel.

um, nope, didn't go into labour last night... Today Shannon is coming over, and we're going out for lunch. Haven't heard of any labour-inducing meals around here, but it will be a nice outing - for both of us, I hope! Then this afternoon, I see my acupuncturist. Hope her treatment is potent enough to send me into labour...!! Dh and I had a long chat with my mw yesterday, on speakerphone...we're on the same page, going into our OB consult tomorrow, and she found out for us that the OB on call tomorrow is the one that I've heard great things about. A very reasonable, flexible guy. He even teaches FAM, so I'll be sure to bring in my charts, in case that gives us any wiggle room of a few days. I'd like to at least hold off on scheduling a hospital induction until Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again for the labour and peace vibes - it means a lot!

Thinking of Amber today...hope the silence means you're busy... !! Peaceful, empowering, joyous labour and birth vibes to you~~~!!!
#29 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Hello everyone! thought i'd check in even though ihaven't posted in forever. not sure if anyone remembers me LOL!!!

i ended up perpetually sick from thanksgiving until i gave birth and ended up cracking a rib or something a week before i gave birth. those last few weesk were truly a nightmare.

that said, i was induced at 35 weeks due to rapidly rising bp and low amniotic fluid. i also had undetected gd. i was really falling apart. i was very sad and angry to not have a drug free childbirth but i just couldn't handle the pit contractions.

mia paige was born on 1/13 at 11:31 a.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces. she got jaundice and i got spinal headaches and pulled muscles in my back and neck so i spent 2 weeks flat on my back after she was born. but we're both quite healthy and mia had no problems with her lungs or other functions other than the jaundice that was treated with bili lights. i can't believe she's 7 weeks tomorrow!

shannon, i've read bits here and there when i could keep up and my thoughts are with you. you've been through SO much, it's time for a break so you can just enjoy that little bundle.

to everyone still wiating -- : i hope your bundles come soon and you have the birth of your dreams!!!

hope to see everyone on the other boards. even though i didn't post i did try to read and keep up with all the feb. moms. i'm still amazed mia arrived in january!

hugs to everyone!
#30 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Denise!! I've wondered how you're doing! What an ordeal! Glad to hear you're healing and enjoying your baby! Congratulations, and welcome, baby Mia Paige!! I'll add you to the list!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page