Periwinkle- William Thatcher born Feb 9
fairymama (Pamela) William Kendrick born Feb. 9
Sadkitty- Nigel Wren born Feb 10
LianneM- Allen Cramer IV born Feb 10
Wtchyhlr (Joy) Dominic Alec Whitcomb Valdez born Feb 11
alaskanteach (Gretchen) Oscar Tomas born Feb 11
Zandersmom- Zander born Feb 11
Marcela Ezra Omani born Feb 11
mehndimama (Stell)- unassisted homebirth Robert Kenneth Evans Michelsen born Feb 12
Emmama-Liam Joseph born Feb 12
PeacefulVegan- Ben River born Feb 13
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) Rachel born Feb 14
Um Hanna (Heather)- Yasmeen born Feb 14
HydeParkB Flannery Grace born Feb 14
earthmama007 Hannah Ruth born Feb 16
kavamamakava Mei Mei Feb 17
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) Lilah Geneve born Feb 17
shyly (Monica) Scott Francis born Feb 17
KateSt. UC - ChristoFinn born Feb 17
rose angel (Karen) Levi Fox born Feb 18
Mama2Chloe (Tricia)- Sofia Rose born Feb 18
Threeforme2005 (Traci) Autumn Eve born Feb 18
Ekblad7+ (Amy) Samuel Joseph born Feb 20
artgirl (Kelly) Beckett born Feb 20
Christi Viola Rose born Feb 23
Mainemon (Susan) Andrew David born February 23
AmBam (Amber) Maiah Elena born Mar 1
Bella'smamma (Cecily) Ava Juliet born Mar 1
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) Brennan Duane-Douglas born March 4
woolfairy (Elle) Baby Boy born March 5
Heveasoul Baby Boy born March 8

Waiting to hear from...
Isabeau due early February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Truvie due Feb 2
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Parthenia due Feb 7 home waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
HeleneP, due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Fairymomma (Pamela) due Feb 14
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
luvmytwo (Karen) due Feb 17
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb

Please email me with updates/edits!

terenia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Terenia, the colors didn't come out right on the list. But thanks for making the new thread.

I just woke up, so I'm feeling all groggy.

I got an email about Heveasoul, and I already responded to Shannon, but again I'll say here that I'm thinking of her and her sweet baby.

It's my birthday today! Yay! I'm 32. Wow.

And can you believe Hazel is 11 weeks old?

Not much news here. I'm going out for Dim Sum pretty soon with some friends. Just going to have a low key day. I'm going to work on my knitting with my friend, and we're going to talk about opening a business (she knits and crochets beautifully, so mostly for now it would be her stuff until I learn how to knit better). She's going to sell soakers, longies, hats, sweaters, booties, etc.

Let's see, what else happened while the boards were down? I signed up for the March of Dimes Walk-a-thon for premature babies. I'm super excited to be able to participate in that. PM me if you want to sponsor me or find out how you can sign up to walk too. If you live in Northern CA, come walk with me!

Sorry to hear so many of you are having 'roid issues. I think earthmama angelbaby makes a slave that is supposed to be very soothing, as does Motherlove. Ididn't get them really bad this time because of the small baby and quick pushing. But man did I have them with my first, and they still flare up from time to time!

I had a linea nigra too, and it is fading pretty well now. I did last time too, and it did fade completely. I think they usually do. I was confident enough that I actually bought a bikini for the summer. We'll see if I end up wearing it!

Okay, I'm getting leaky boobies, and the baby is sleeping, so I think I need to pump!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
tug

thanks lousli, i think i fixed the colors now!

hevea - we're all thinking of you and the baby. congratulations! i'm glad to hear that he is off of the oxygen and has been getting colostrum. sounds like you did the best thing for him and, like shannon said, ultimately what's important is that you and he are okay!

sorry for those of you with 'roids. ouch!

shannon - thanks for the updates on hevea. hope you get to see the baby soon!

i'm enjoying my last week home and not working . Just went to the nursery and bought some flowers for the yard. taking my dad out for coffee a lot (his favorite activity in the world). trying to enjoy the baby full time. next week i am home working three days and at the office two days a week. yuck.

glad to have mothering back online!

terenia
Old 03-09-2005, 04:22 PM

subscribing

Oh and from the last thread, Letabug had asked about AF, I haven't started yet either and Molly was 6 weeks on Monday, we too have been careless so I'm keeping an eye out for her :LOL
Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! It's so hard to keep up now days. I forgot how busy a newborn keeps you... not to mention a two year old!! It was his 2nd birthday yesterday. He had a lot of fun. I made him a Pooh Bear cake and he loved it. He is doing well with his little sister. He just doesn't quite understand how to be gentle with her yet... but he loves her. So does my 7 year old.

Congrats to Heve... I am so happy your little one is here and it seems you and he are doing well. I am sorry things turned out the way they did, but it sounds as if that was the best. My first baby was section and I've gone on to have to HBAC's...

Hope all is well with everyone. I am trying to get back to normal life.... Does that happen??
talk to ya later

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:06 PM

Shannon thanks for replying about AF!!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
Old 03-09-2005, 05:26 PM

Shannon, Thanks for the continuing updates about Hevea. Of course she shouldn't regret the c-section -- it sounds like it saved her baby. I'm so glad to hear he's off 02! Looking forward to hearing more...

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 03-09-2005, 05:28 PM

: : : Lousli!!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 03-09-2005, 06:23 PM

i haven't gotten af yet. i got it at 6 months with my first dd so not hoping for an early show this time LOL. this is the first time in 8 years that i've had to even *think* about birth control so i'm not too keen on that.

i barely got a linea negrie this time. i think the spelling is way off LOL. the first time it took a few months to go away. this time it's so light that you don't really notice it amid all the stretch marks i'd rather have the line.

happy birthday lousi!

we celebrated my ds birthday last week and we celebrate my dd's birthday next week. we have lots of march birthdays in my family. luckily mia isn't one of them

my disability money and paycheck got all screwed up so i haven't had any money in 8 weeks. sheesh! when talking to my boss about my paycheck, he asked me to come back a week early for the big annual meeting we have but i said no. i will come to the meeting though and handle that business then take a couple more days off before starting back. i so want to quit now. i plan to give notice after i go back on 4/19 but may still work until the end of june. i get dividend money then so financially it makes sense to return for that bit of time but it's tearing me up.

congrats to heve! all the best for bringing your sweet boy home soon.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM

Congratulations to Heve! I am happy that the little one is doing well. I'm thinking of you, Heve!!!

Happy birthday, Lousli and Amber's little guy!

Denise, I didn't get a belly line this time until right before Gavin was born. However, it didn't go away until right before I got pg....at 21 months PP! Funny little line. I got a few low stretch marks this time. I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Balm and it seems to be helping. I didn't use it as much as I should have during my pregnancy. I used it religiously with my first pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks. I know, I know....they say it doesn't matter...but I think it helps.

Well, Gavin STILL has his diaper rash. It's been 3 WEEKS! I am suspecting it's yeast. I started using a paste of Babydophilus and it's starting to help. I hope it clears up soon. It breaks my heart to see that little red bum!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:02 PM

lisa, hope gavin's bottom feels better soon. mia also got a terrible diaper rash one night when i decided to sleep instead of changing her diaper. it wasn't yeast but looked horrid! that little sensitive skin.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2m&m
lisa, hope gavin's bottom feels better soon. mia also got a terrible diaper rash one night when i decided to sleep instead of changing her diaper. it wasn't yeast but looked horrid! that little sensitive skin.
And that's the thing....I was so careful last night....we went through 7 diapers between midnight and 5am!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Subscribing...again. I guess there was a glitch and my post was wiped out

I typed out my experience with the return of AF. Mine returned at 12 months both times and I got pregnant both times so that is 22 months apart between each kiddo. Kinda crazy. There are some great threads about Natural Family Planning here. If you are exclusively nursing and letting your babe nurse on demand ( like no passies) then you are less likely to get preggos. I would even be leary of pumping too. So might wanna think about some extra protection just to play it safe although it is very unlikely to get pregnant.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:39 AM

Shannon - thanks for the update on Heve.... Give her and the baby a kiss for us....

Dominic is being, well, fussy.
its frustrating.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 AM

Hi everyone, another update
I went to visit Heve and her lil boy. Heve looks great and is doing well. Baby boy is very cute--and he's no longer green--he washed up well (When her dh told me the baby was green even though I knew it was silly I expected to see him all kinda stained :LOL) He has long legs and very big feet. I think he and Molly will look good together
Anyway, I told her you all are thinking of her and she says to say hi and thanks for the good wishes. She is still pumping and baby is getting colostrum via feeding tube. There is unfortunately talk that he will remain in the NICU for another week to finish off his antibiotics (blood cultures came back positive) but they will be speaking to the pediatrician tomorrow morning.
Very tired here, Miss Molly is extremely fussy and I've been up 2 nights straight with her.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:20 AM

I've figured out why this parenting thing is so hard. I'm a very organized person. I like to be in control of the situation and know what to expect next. Then Little Man comes along and everything just falls apart. It seems like just when I've got him figured out he decides to wake up at 4 am or sleep at 6 pm. I get him soothed and think he's asleep aand the minute I go to lay down with him his eyes open up or he starts to scream. It's the chaos...the never knowing what's next...that's what's killing me. Oh, and the lack of sleep, but we're working on that one.

Joy, several people recommended The Happiest Baby on the Block. It's a great book and has helped me soothe Little Man when he's fussy. I got it at Barnes and Nobles.

I hope my linea negra fades! I want to be on the beach in two months! Speaking of bikinis and beach weather...how are you all doing with weight loss? I know we aren't supposed to obsess yet, but I can't help it. I'm wondering what a healthy loss is. I've never worried about weight loss and dieting before so I don't know what's normal.

Well have to run Little Man is getting fussy.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 03-10-2005, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
tug

Morning everybody -

Lousli - did ya have a fun birthday?

Shannon - thanks for the update! i was imagining him being green too. too bad about the extra week in the nicu, but at least he is doing well. better to be extra cautious. yay for heve with the pumping!!

i guess it's time to start thinking about birth control...wow. my af did not return until i stopped nursing last time (15 months) but i don't want to risk getting pregnant, so i think i'll look into some b.c. soon.

i didn't get a linea negra either time, but this time i got some HUGE stretchmarks. uck.

monica - i'm going back to a way of eating that involves focusing on nutrient dense foods like greens and raw veggies and few starches or processed foods. it's not a diet but i did lose my pregnancy weight with my first really quickly when we started eating like this last time. i am ready to lose some of this weight -- it's tiring carrying all of this around!

anybody else have a baby that nurses for forever? mia wants to nurse for 5 hrs straight in the morning and evening plus at reg intervals in between. it's making me a little nuts.

terenia
Old 03-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Morning all

Shannon thanks for the update on Heve. I can't wait to see her little boy (and no worries...I picture a green baby in my head too )

As far as AF goes and myself.... I got AF back at only 3 months PP last time and I was exclusively BFing...no pumping and I was even on the MINIPILL! I got pregnant very unexpectantly at 9 months PP! So be very careful ladies...it does happen

For birth control this time...well DH got the big "V" so we should be all set there

Autumn was screaming bloody murder last night between 10:30pm and nearly midnight. We seriously thought she may be colicky...but then she just went to sleep and that was the end of the screaming. Does anyone else's baby scream at night time? I tried nursing her through the screaming fit and she would have no part of it. I figured she was either A) overtired or B) gassy. *shrug* I think I need a book on this stuff next to the bed.

Does anyone else experience a strong let-down when you are nursing? I've never felt it before when I was nursing DS...but with this baby...OMG!!! I get this painful stabbing pain and then watch out...the flood gates open and poor Autumn starts choking. It's the wildest feeling!
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM

Oh,we had a WONDERFUL night last night.... One of DH's friends gave us a CD that has lullabies with heartbeat rhythm integrated - and wetried it last night. ALL of us (dog included) fell asleep quicly and stayed there. Dominic slept from 11 to 5:30 STRAIGHT. And he didn't pee (anyone else have a baby that doesn't pee or poop ALL night long - he's done this from day 1)

On let down - i still haven't figured out what i'm supposed to be feeling. So no clue. However, for night nursing, since i don't generally wear a shirt of any sort to bed, i have to cover the top boob or it drips on his head.

Birth control - we probably aren't going to worry about it - maybe will do condoms for awhile - but seriously, it took 2 years to concieve Dominic, and we do want another one someday, so most likely just won't bother worrying about it.

Hugs all around. I have a $100 gift cert to http://www.mountainmoppets.com/index.html to go shopping for dominic - its a local place, i think we'll go this afternoon
Old 03-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Hi everyone,
to Heava and her little boy. May he come home soon and well.

Nigel is 1 month and also 4 weeks today. So far his favorite activities include never having the nipple out of his mouth, and screaming when it is (I have even tried a variety of pacifiers : which he hates, because my nipples get tired and sore after a 1/2 hour or so.) He also enjoys shooting poop across the room while we are trying to put a clean diaper on him.

As for the AF question; mine came back at 10 months after Raven. And I went back to work when she was 7 months. For now I'm still bleeding on and off because I can't manage to "take it easy."

Anyone else having trouble slinging their babe after a c-section? No matter how high I hike up the Maya Wrap my belly and back still hurt after a while. We took Nigel to "The Incredibles" at the cheap theatre Tuesday evening and the little darling slept in the sling the whole time, but man was I sore that night and the next day.

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
Old 03-10-2005, 06:30 PM

Scott had his 2 week WBC today. He's still a little jaundiced so we had to get blood taken. That was traumatic, but the lab techs were awesome and let me nurse him while they did 3 heel sticks to get enough. I was almost in tears by the time they finished. The doctor also tried to retract his foreskin, but I yelled at her and slapped her hands away before she did any damage and he looks fine. No more diaper access from here on out.

So Scott is now an even 10 lbs!!!!!! He's so wonderful...I love him so much and everyone who sees him says he's the cutest boy around...I have to agree.

Well I'm going to try and take a nap with Scott. I really should clean...the house is trashed, but I'm waiting until Monday to restart my cleaning regimen. Oh, DH and I will be married for five years tomorrow...I can't believe our anniversary is already here. I'm going to make an extra nice dinner...but no nookie.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Good grief! Glad you were on that woman about the retraction. It can happen so fast before you know it. Way to watch out for him. What did the doc say? I always wonder what is going through their minds.

Happy Anniversary! Ours is the 27th, it will be 6 years. Crazy how time flies. Hope the jaundice clears soon.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 PM

Heve, I'm thinking of you and your sweet boy. Congratulations.

Happy Birthday Lesley!!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:59 PM

Another March anniversary mama! OUrs will be 5 years on the 18th Time sure flies by!

Sadkitty, I'm glad you posted about still bleeding. I'm 5 weeks pp, and still bleeding bright red at times b/c I just can't seem tot ake it easy enough w/ a 2 year old! Hope yours (and mine) go away soon!

Well, our nursing pics are now up on the photographers site

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...M00CV&start=12

password is baby

Laina is 3 weeks in the pics
Old 03-10-2005, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
tug

Aprilynne just emailed and she had her baby on March 4 at a birthing center and all went well. congratulations aprilynne and welcome Brennan Duane-Douglas! I've added you and him to our list! Hope to see a photo or a birth story soon.

boy:

terenia
Old 03-10-2005, 09:35 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! Such a sweet little family.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 PM

Free Thinker...I love the pics. I'm so jealous...now I have to get pictures done! I really like #25...your daughter has this mischievious look on her face...it's so cute. Congrats on being married five years too. Sometimes it feels like we've been married for ages and other times it feels like yesterday that we were getting married. I looked at our wedding pictures the other day and was so shocked at how young we both looked. Oy I'm getting old.

earthmama - the doctor mumbled something about circing and I told her that he was born perfect the way he was and kissed his cute little forehead. She tried saying something about infection and I cut her off and said that I'd done tons of research and everything I'd found stated that there was no proof for that statement. She dropped it.

Scott has breastfeeding jaundice. The doctor called back this afternoon and said that his bili levels are normal and to continue breastfeeding. Surprisingly she said that the benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh any negative effects of the jaundice. My friend's son has the same thing and they told her to switch to formula for a few days. Maybe the doctor figured from the CD, no circ, and anti vax stance I have that I wouldn't give my son formula. :LOL I already have her trained

Old 03-11-2005, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyly
Maybe the doctor figured from the CD, no circ, and anti vax stance I have that I wouldn't give my son formula. :LOL I already have her trained
I LOVE it ! Good thing you told her. Glad your boy is better.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
tug

morning everyone -

bella'smamma posted that she had a girl on march 1 at home --congrats cecily and welcome ava juliet!!

freethinker - those pics are beautiful! your kids are absolutely gorgeous.

monica - good for you w/the doc -- it seems so weird to me that some of these docs are still so poorly informed.

kitty - mia has the same nipple thing. after 5 hrs, i would happily give her a paci!!! i am touched out at that point.

so, mia's constant nursing thing seems to be a supply issue maybe. i had supply probs w/james so it's not a surprise but i'm still pretty depressed about it. what is the point of having huge breasts if they don't do what they are supposed to!!! :

well, off to enjoy my last day of freedom. back to work monday.

terenia

User Tag List