Periwinkle- William Thatcher born Feb 9
fairymama (Pamela) William Kendrick born Feb. 9
Sadkitty- Nigel Wren born Feb 10
LianneM- Allen Cramer IV born Feb 10
Wtchyhlr (Joy) Dominic Alec Whitcomb Valdez born Feb 11
alaskanteach (Gretchen) Oscar Tomas born Feb 11
Zandersmom- Zander born Feb 11
Marcela Ezra Omani born Feb 11
mehndimama (Stell)- unassisted homebirth Robert Kenneth Evans Michelsen born Feb 12
Emmama-Liam Joseph born Feb 12
PeacefulVegan- Ben River born Feb 13
DeirdreAlison (Deirdre) Rachel born Feb 14
Um Hanna (Heather)- Yasmeen born Feb 14
HydeParkB Flannery Grace born Feb 14
earthmama007 Hannah Ruth born Feb 16
kavamamakava Mei Mei Feb 17
ella-makes-3 (Jasmine) Lilah Geneve born Feb 17
shyly (Monica) Scott Francis born Feb 17
KateSt. UC - ChristoFinn born Feb 17
rose angel (Karen) Levi Fox born Feb 18
Mama2Chloe (Tricia)- Sofia Rose born Feb 18
Threeforme2005 (Traci) Autumn Eve born Feb 18
Ekblad7+ (Amy) Samuel Joseph born Feb 20
artgirl (Kelly) Beckett born Feb 20
Christi Viola Rose born Feb 23
Mainemon (Susan) Andrew David born February 23
AmBam (Amber) Maiah Elena born Mar 1
Bella'smamma (Cecily) Ava Juliet born Mar 1
Maprilynne (Aprilynne) Brennan Duane-Douglas born March 4
woolfairy (Elle) Baby Boy born March 5
Heveasoul Baby Boy born March 8

Waiting to hear from...
Isabeau due early February
Chiku due Feb 1 birthing center
Parker'smommy (Heather) due Feb 1
Truvie due Feb 2
Lou due Feb 3
Orange due Feb 3 Birth Center with OB
Parthenia due Feb 7 home waterbirth
New Life Due Feb 8
HeleneP, due Feb 12
Firefly due Feb 13
Jorie (Margorie) due Feb 14
Karennnnn (Karen) due Feb 17
luvmytwo (Karen) due Feb 17
kinsey43 (Kinsey) due after Feb 20
veggiemommy (Holly), due Feb 21
munki'sMom (Tammy), baby #2 due Feb 26
4Given (Stacey) due end of Feb

This will probably be the last week that we leave the "waiting to hear from" section up, so please email soon to share your little one's birthday with all of us!

Terenia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
tug

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everybody - here is the new thread as suggested, elaina!

susan - i couldn't get to your site . looking forward to seeing the baby!

everything is ok here. i am really not loving the working. it's hard to type while the baby nurses and hard to time telephone conversations to miss crying spells...

terenia
#3 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 PM

hello everyone! mia had her 2-month checkup. Wow where does the time go?

She's still 23 inches but up almost 4 pounds to 11 pounds 3 ounces (including a wet diaper). she's got a small umbilical hernia and sometimes she gets duskey around her mouth which is weird.

other than that she's great. becoming more alert, cooing and smiling. so sweet!!!!!! hope everyone is doing well.
#4 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 02:21 PM

Just subscribing. The movers should be here any minute now.
#5 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 02:33 PM

Subscribing,
When do they really start to smile on purpose, and often?? I think she's smiling on purpose but it's so infrequent that it's really hard to tell for sure. She has started the last few days to really babble a lot, it's very cute, perhaps not so much at the 2 AM babble, but very cute in the middle of the afternoon
#6 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM

good luck with your move!

shannon, mia's smiles started out like tht too. very hard to take a picture of something that lasts all of 2 seconds LOL! she's smiling longer now but it's still not often. makes me wonder if she's unhappy. she's also cooing but no babbling yet. that is too cool!

mia is also hyper-sensitive so we have a few extra challenges keeping her from becoming over stimulated, especially with the 2 older ones around.
#7 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 04:59 PM

Shannon, all of my kids started smiling right at one month. Joe is now 7 weeks old and smiles all day long now. He smiles when he sees me, sometimes when he sees dh or Alec, and occasionally when he sees his sisters. OTOH, he also smiles at the telephone and the pictures above our bed, so who knows what's really going through his head! :LOL

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#8 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 10:17 PM

I can't remember if I posted about this or not (forgive me if I already did)...

But Gavin had his well-visit yesterday. He gained 4 lbs. and grew 3 inches in just 4 weeks! He is now 10 lbs. 11 ozs. and 23 3/4 inches long!

Meanwhile, the stomach flu won't leave us alone! Grant and I got it almost a week ago and Grant STILL has it- he threw up twice today and had diarrhea the entire day. I couldn't wait for DH to get home and help me out...and then he walks in the door and runs to the bathroom! Yep, HE has it now! I am so nervous that Gavin is going to get it. I'm praying hard that he doesn't- it is nasty!!!

Hope you all are staying healthy...this time of year sucks! Come on, spring!!!

Oh, and about those baby smiles. I personally believe that all the smiles are on purpose. I think they just smile when they feel good. I don't like that gas theory. But Grant started smiling more around 4 weeks...and so did Gavin. He is now 5 weeks old and I usually get a couple really good smiles out of him everyday. The rest of the time he just wants to eat or sleep.
#9 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 10:57 PM

Subscribing.....busy......gotta go
#10 of 66 Old 03-16-2005, 11:13 PM

Okay, I'll try again with a link to photos (finally!) Hope it works. I'm not exactly the most computer literate person on my block!!

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailsha...88/t_=22497529

Hope you're all well. Kudos to you mamas trying to work (tug) and to all of us as we take care of everyone and everything else besides ourselves! We'll be in a routine before we know it and lamenting because this time has passed so quickly!! I can't believe Andrew is three weeks old today!

I'm off to bed. Baby's been fed, Dad's on duty and I'm up for a good three hours of unbroken sleep in the big bed by myself!! Yippee!! Oh, posted our birth story here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...81#post2822681

Be well. susan
#11 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 01:58 PM

So ladies, now that we've all given birth (I'm assuming) I'm going to start a thread for our own little baby shower--Yippeeeeee!!!!
Since we've learned from my first pamper your fellow mama shower and Peri's pamper our babes shower, I think we have it all down to a fine art
You will find the thread on our Feb board, please throw your name in if you want to participate, even if you don't add your "wants" list as yet.
#12 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 02:10 PM

that sounds like fun! sounds like i missed a lot on the feb boards too - darn! LOL.

how's everyone's munchkins today?
#13 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM

Ok, I've started the thread for the shower everyone, I'm really looking forward to this one, I think it will be lots of fun

Molly was up much of last night but I think I'm figuring out how to cope with this, last night I went to bed at 9:30 and left her with her dad, Steve came to bed at midnight and had just fed and changed her, then she didn't wake up until 3:00 am, she didn't really sleep after that, but since I'd been in bed since 9:30 it wasn't really a big deal.
I started a thread about it over on life with a babe but it's sort of funny so I'll mention it here too. Steve got up this morning and made coffee and brought me a cup in bed--but Molly was sleeping on my right shoulder so I didn't know how to drink it--so I got him to bring me a bendy straw and I drank my coffee through that :LOL
#14 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 PM

Shannon, that is too funny with the straw! Thanks for asking if we'd found a solution. It looks like Hazel will continue sleeping in the basinette by the bed. I've found that I can bring her into the bed to nurse her, and there is enough room for all four of us, but it's a squeeze. The only problem seems to be that the movement and stuff is waking Melanie more, so she's nursing at night more too. My poor boobs!

I splurged with my birthday money and bought 12 fuzzi bunz, 12 microfiber towels, and 6 kissaluvs. Now I'm trying to sell off all the stuff she's outgrown or doesn't use so much.

Speaking of which, she's around 9 pounds now, I think! And it is like she learned how to nurse overnight! I'm nursing her all day now, and most of the night (dh does an occasional bottle of EBM) without a nipple shield! I'm so happy and relieved. And we've had a smile or 2, so far, but I agree with Shannon, it can be hard to tell.

Lisa, that is so awful. The stomach flu! I hope gavin doesn't get it!

Susan, I'll be going to check out your birth story as soon as I finish posting. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy!

Tug, Thanks for starting the new thread!!
#15 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 07:10 PM

Scott is one month today! He's getting so big and heavy and he's a heavy eater. I think I've got PPD and I'm going to get in touch with my doctor soon.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#16 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 08:19 PM

Hi all,

Hope you're well. We had a rough day today (well, I did). I had to go to the grocery store and Andrew cried the entire time. Not fun. I was able to have a nap (much needed) but I had a crappy attitude all day and wasn't having fun being mommy... Now ds1 and dh are in the midst of a huge power struggle and ds2 is squawking. I'm going to ignore it for two more minutes and then we'll see! Some days are just like that!

Monica, definitely see your doctor. It might help to find a therapist, too and use us and others for support as much as possible! I hope you're feeling better soon. Remember to be kind to yourself and ask for help--

Cheers to everyone else. I'm off to referee and then to take some deep breaths and count my blessings!!!

Be well. susan
#17 of 66 Old 03-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Ooh, a baby shower? That sounds fun! I am going to head to that thread next. Thanks, Shannon!

And Shannon...that's hilarious about the straw! Now you have me in the mood for some coffee........

Lousli- That is great about the nursing! Wonderful news! What an accomplishment- you should feel so proud!

shyly- I'm glad you are going to get help. We're here for you if you need to talk about it.

Susan- Sounds like a rough day.

We're still hanging in there and getting over this evil stomach flu. DH is starting to feel a bit better and is getting Grant to sleep now. It feels nice to sit down for a minute! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
#18 of 66 Old 03-18-2005, 02:22 PM

Hello all

to mama's with fussy babies. I'm right there with you. For some reason Autumn hates riding in the car She screams almost the entire time I'm driving which completely stresses me out. Many times I just pull over to nurse her because I just can't bear to listen to her cry like that. What do you mamas do when your babes are screaming when you drive?

She's one month old today...MAN did that month fly or what??? I need to get professional pictures of her ASAP before she changes from newborn to little baby look soon. People are already commenting that she is changing very quickly. Sniff sniff...I wish we could keep them this little for a while longer

On the plus side, she is finally sleeping beautifully at night. As long as she is in my arms she will sleep for a 5 hour stretch each night. How's everyone else doing with cosleeping and night wakings?
#19 of 66 Old 03-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Hey, mamas! I haven't been in this forum in a while. It's so neat that the babies are here now.

Ben is one month and 5 days old now. He's 15 pounds and 23 inches!! He's a good sleeper and nurser. Fairly fussy, but not so much that I'm worried about it. It just makes things difficult for me. I'm still recovering from my 4th degree tear, but it gets a little better every day.
#20 of 66 Old 03-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Oh wow Traci!! When the email notice came in Boobs, I read the first line and went--I don't remember a Boobs in our tight little group That Ben is a big boy!!! Molly is 8 weeks on Monday and I'm guessing she's MAYBE 9.5 lbs.

Dh and I just got back from dinner out, Molly slept almost 2 hrs while we were in a fairly noisey restaurant, she woke up at the very end so she could show off a bit and fell right back to sleep in the car. We almost didn't go because she had been having a royal melt down before we left.

I've pulled what feels like every muscle in my stupid back, I think from lifting the carseat in and out, our truck sits quite high so I need to lift her seat higher than my chest to get it in and out.

Dh is driving me nuts, he's constantly pawing at me and it's really getting on mynerves--but how do you tell him to lay off?? I mean it's nice that he's "wanting" me and all but between the baby and the pets, I'm just completely TOUCHED OUT! So, any ideas on getting a dh to realize that you aren't kidding when you slap his hand off your boobs??

A quick update on Heve, she's doing alright and so is the baby but they are having some troubles getting the nursing to work properly. The met with a lactation consultant yesterday so hopefully they'll get things organized soon.
#21 of 66 Old 03-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone!
Shannon ~ Glad you were able to enjoy a dinner out. That's always a great thing to be able to accomplish with a newborn.

Traci ~ Wow what a big boy!! Remind me... what did he weigh at birth? My little girl is 19 days old and must weigh about 12 lbs. Not sure, I need to have her weighed.

Threeforme ~ I am totally with you on the car thing. When my boys were babies they would go straight to sleep. Not Miah. She screams. It is sooo hard when I am alone. She did do well last night. We traveled about two hours out of town to take my ds to compete in a wrestling tournament and she slept the whole way. I couldn't believe it. It was so nice. But she made up for it on the way home!!

Gotta run. I will be back later. DH has breakfast ready for me!! Yeahhh!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#22 of 66 Old 03-19-2005, 02:47 PM

Yeah, I just realized that when Gavin is awake that most of the time he's crying! ???? Grant had reflux as a baby but I don't think that's it. His cries don't seem like he is in pain, just agitated. So today I tried giving him a binky. He didn't know what to do with it at first but then it seemed to soothe him. I think he really needs to suck but was getting too much milk because then he would be upset and spitting up everywhere. So maybe the binky will help with some of the fussiness!

Hi Tracie. Congrats on your big boy! He's beautiful. I'm sorry about the 4th degree tear. I had one with my first and they are no fun!

Shannon- Oh, that dinner sounds nice! Glad you got out!

Traci- Cosleeping is going well for us. It just seems towards morning that Gavin wakes more and I don't know if he is really hungry but I tend to nurse him in hopes that I can get a bit more sleep!
#23 of 66 Old 03-20-2005, 06:28 PM

Okay took Zander to his 1 month check up although he was 5 weeks old. He weighed 11lbs 7oz and was 22 inches long. I can't beleive he has grown 2 inches since birth!!! The doctor was impressed with how well he could hold up his head. I was giving him .5ml of Zantac 3 times a day and he would just barf it back up. So now I'm giving him .25ml twice a day and his barfing has turned into just spitting up. He wants to nurse constantly so I am considering buying him a pacifier to use when I can't nurse him. Zander has baby acne and the doctor says it's from the hormones in my breast milk. Anyone have any thoughts on that? As for co-sleeping Zander sleeps on my arm and wakes up twice a night, and I feed him and change is diaper. He is a good baby!!!
#24 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 01:06 AM

Sofia has the baby acne too now, although Chloe had it much worse.

We started using a pacifier a little (mostly in the car but occasionally when I'm getting ready in the morning) about a week ago. I still feel bad when I give it to her because Chloe was just attached to my breast and never really took to a passy. I'm trying to work on not comparing Sofia and Chloe as much. There are things we did or didn't do with Chloe that just won't work as smoothly now that I'm juggling two. I just try to do my best.

I have my pp check up on Thursday (almost a week late) My husband can't make it, unfortunatly and it will be difficult with Chloe and Sofia with me. I may see if mt friend can watch Chloe for me during the appt. That would make it easier.

Gotta go for now. More later. Love, Tricia
#25 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi ALL!!!

I didn't post much during the pregnancy due to NO TIME with a toddler and I can't believe I have time now....lol.

But I saw this thread and wanted to announce that I had a baby girl - Carlee Ryan M. born on Feb. 3rd. She weighed in at 9 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches long. She is nursing great and BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have a small picture of my ds holding Carlee in my signature if you wanna take a look.

COngrats to all of the mamas and their babes here Oh, and do we have a Feb. thread in "Living with a Babe" forum?? Just wondering.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#26 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM

congrats heather glad to hear things are going well. btw, you link didn't work
#27 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 11:57 AM

I am so overwhelmed with four children! I keep thinking I'll read and contribute to the discussions but rarely get a chance to get on the computer when I can actually post. I'm usually naking and it's hard for me to type with one finger; I usually have to support the breast with my free hand, due to my humongo boobs! :LOL

Is anyone else having to do an elimination diet? Joe has eye wrinkles, red cheeks, ring around the anus (doesn't that sound like some sort of whacked-out kids' game? ), extreme congestion, and what I think is reflux. I've been doing an elimination diet for a week and am not sure if I'm seeing improvement yet. I am, however, feeling very deprived!

Other than those symptoms, Joe is a great baby. He's pretty fussy in the evenings, but during the day he's fairly laid-back. He's also the only one of my kids who actually SLEEPS like he's "supposed" to. What a relief! As long as he's being held or is in a sling he's content for the most part until it's time for his post-dinner fussy time.

Uh oh, I'm being requested for nummies for Alec, must go!

#28 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 PM

Morning all, well, little Miss Molly decided that last night would not be for any form of sleeping We tried to go to bed at midnight, she'd just been fed but she fussed and screamed and kept bouncing her little fists off my face, gas drops didn't work, cuddling didn't work, finally daddy took her out to the living room so I could at least get a couple hours, the only thing that worked to calm her was if he walked on the treadmill with her--his legs are VERY sore this morning--it never dawned on him to lower the elevation :LOL Apparently he brought her back in at 4:00am and she was wide awake again and in a mood at 5:00am, so I went out with her--of course we both have busy days today-it figures
Molly has this nasty rash, that at first I was thinking was baby acne but I thought it was too late for that--Molly is 8 weeks old today and it's even on the backs of her ears-all crusty, basically both cheeks, forehead, scalp and the back of her little neck--anyone have baby acne that started this late??

Parker's mommy-congrats on little Carlee!!

Well, Molly has an appt with the ped again today, my big worry is that this rash is because we have her back on cows milk formula, she's doing well in every other way with it-except she is very..ummm..farty, yesterday I yelled at Steve cause I heard it in the kitchen and he swore it was her, not him-I didn't believe him, but then she did it again while sitting with me--very gross and stinky
#29 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Shannon, that sounds like a milk allergy to me. Is there any way to switch her formula to something else? The sleeplessness could also be a reaction to dairy; when Alec (my 3-year old) would have dairy he wouldn't sleep. I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now! Sleep deprivation is the pits.

#30 of 66 Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Deb, she's been on so many formulas we're going nuts, my kitchen counter looks like the formula aisle in the grocery store!! I'm really afraid the rash is milk allergy as it popped up when we put her back on the Good Start--although she never had a skin reaction to any of the other milk formulas she was on--just projectile vomitting and constipation. I really can't complain too much about the sleep, last night was unusual, she usually gives us 5 hrs and then a 3 hour block of sleep with a 3 hr nap in the afternoon. (ok, as I'm typing this all out she hurled on my laptop....great!) I do have a feeling she'll be back on the soy formula though--of course because I just bought a big case of the very expensive good start-figures. Oddly the worst one she was on was the hypoallergenic--she screamed for 5 days straight and it stopped the instant we took her off it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page