~*~Thank You~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 04-22-2005, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you Amy for the Fuzzi Bunz. I was going to buy that exact same one when I was shopping for the shower on NB.com abd thought I'd accidentally bought it until I read my invoice (they sent it with stuff I ordered). Thank you so much!

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#2 of 53 Old 04-28-2005, 02:18 PM

I'm glad you got it and that you like it! I love NB and that color FB!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#3 of 53 Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 PM

Joy, thank you so much for the awesome gifts! I love the summer outfit for Hazel, it definately will work when it gets to be 110 here in a couple of months. The bib is beautiful, and I can tell how much work went into it...omg, hand embroidery! And I'm having to protect my chapstick from my daughter, who always wants to borrow mommy's "lipsticks." It smells great!
#4 of 53 Old 04-29-2005, 01:50 PM

OOOOHHH how exciting, people have started to receive!!!
Gotta go, molly is melting down...
#5 of 53 Old 04-29-2005, 01:58 PM

Oh cool Lesley, I'm glad it got there so quick, I only mailed it Tuesday. The chapstick didn't melt did it? I was kind of worried about shipping it this time of year because its all oils and beeswax, no chemicals.
#6 of 53 Old 05-03-2005, 08:00 PM

Thank You Traci!!!! The soaker is wonderful, even tho I'm a bit overwhelmed by wool, we're going to wash it and give it a shot. And even tho it wasn't technically part of the shower, thank you for the serger, you are awesome
#7 of 53 Old 05-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Joy- I received your package yesterday (or was it the day before? ), thank you soooo much! Your card was quite touching, the lip balm arrived intact, and the bib is so cute! Turtle - too cute, and quite fitting for my little guy who was so slow to arrive - :LOL

btw, I looove our wool covers! BIG fans of our aristocrats, and he now fits the medium sugarpeas. They stay bone dry despite any totally soaked diapers!
#8 of 53 Old 05-04-2005, 05:06 PM

oh Yay, no Chapstick Mishaps
#9 of 53 Old 05-06-2005, 08:47 PM

Denise, Thank you so much for the great Fuzzi Bunz! Not only are they my favorite diaper, I loooove the new colored fleece ones, so cute! DH was happy too, he threw them in the wash right away so we can use them tonight. Thanks again, it was very thoughtful.
Lesley
#10 of 53 Old 05-09-2005, 06:39 PM

I received the most beautiful nursing necklace and some Burt's bees, too. What a treat for me (and for Andy). Thank you so very much! I especially love that it was hand-made by you. Hope things are well. susan
#11 of 53 Old 05-10-2005, 02:23 PM

Thank you Monica!!!!

My nursing necklace is gorgeous! I love the clear teardrop pendant in the middle...it's beautiful! It's a perfect length too Thank you for the lavender FB too! Your note was too funny. I actually only own 2 small FB's...yours and one other I actually got in the mail yesterday at the same time. The medium one I have is too big, so this is a perfect addition to my stash

Thank you so much!!!
#12 of 53 Old 05-10-2005, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad you liked your gifts.

#13 of 53 Old 05-11-2005, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon I the pouch! The material is so pretty and I love the colors. Thank you!!!!!

: : :

#14 of 53 Old 05-11-2005, 06:45 PM

Oh great Monica! Does it fit??
#15 of 53 Old 05-11-2005, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

It's big, but I'm going to alter it. Thank you so much...you couldn't have picked a better color for me.

#16 of 53 Old 05-11-2005, 11:06 PM

I thought it may be a bit big, but I figured better too big than too small. It is cool fabric, I made one for myself in the same stuff.
#17 of 53 Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 PM

ohhhhh do share pictures!!! i might try to make a kozy carrier type thing with a friend if i'm feeling brave!

SHANNON!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO much for the cutest robeez ever!!!! What a neat surprise and it really helped lift my mood. I had been eyeing those lady bugs too LOL! We're attending wedding festivities this weekend and i think the will be perfect for the bbq rehearsal dinner tomorrow night I'll take a picture and share when she wears them. Thank you so much
#18 of 53 Old 05-12-2005, 11:32 PM

Oh Denise, I"m glad you liked them, they were also very hard to pick--I brought home those ones and the yellow chicks and ended up tossing a coin on which ones stayed and which ones got sent to you--then last week, I went and bought the lady bugs too :
#19 of 53 Old 05-15-2005, 01:22 PM

Your package with the soaker arrived yesterday - thanks so much! The colour is so pretty (fyi for everyone else - Lesley has been experimenting with Kool-Aid dying!)! I haven't tried it on him yet, but like you said, it's bigger, which is GREAT - it will fit him a bit later on. I'll definitely post a photo!

And your note was so sweet. I love our little community here. I have expressed numerous times to my dh, mom, etc how ok, we're online people sharing a board, but really - there are true friendships being built. People in real life are astonished sometimes when they hear about the sweet gifts and cards I receive (have you checked out the photos of Marcus with his monkey and soaker from Korin, my friend from ttc?). And, of course, the fact that I have even begun creating friendships IRL with a couple of my mdc contacts. It's a special thing.

Wouldn't it be cool if more of us lived in closer proximity to each other?
#20 of 53 Old 05-15-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm so glad you like it. I don't have much knitting experience, so it's still kind of "beginner" work, but I tried. I'm making you a little something else too, but first I have to finish 2 other projects, so...it will be there before winter, lol.

Since its not a secret anymore, do you have any color preferences for your little guy?

I saw the other soaker and the monkey, too cute!!
#21 of 53 Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heveasoul
. I love our little community here. I have expressed numerous times to my dh, mom, etc how ok, we're online people sharing a board, but really - there are true friendships being built. People in real life are astonished sometimes when they hear about the sweet gifts and cards I receive (have you checked out the photos of Marcus with his monkey and soaker from Korin, my friend from ttc?). And, of course, the fact that I have even begun creating friendships IRL with a couple of my mdc contacts. It's a special thing.

Wouldn't it be cool if more of us lived in closer proximity to each other?
Not to hijack your Thank You, but I totally completely agree . I don't think I would've managed to keep my sanity without this forum through my pregnancy. Ya'll are awesome
#22 of 53 Old 05-15-2005, 10:39 PM

You said it Joy and Heve, no way I'd have made it through without you guys. Another thing, I've had a few people say they can't believe Molly is my first and I credit being able to learn from the women here who were already moms, I felt like I'd been in a year long course on parenting

So ya all going to do it all again around Sept with me :
#23 of 53 Old 05-16-2005, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
So ya all going to do it all again around Sept with me :
*THIS* september? Nope. Not a chance..... but I'll certainly be around for Support and Sanity checks.....
#24 of 53 Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM

Awww, come on Joy....you can do it
I have to admit, I wouldn't even consider this if Molly wasn't such a generally easy baby. We had a rough night a few nights ago, she was up all night, crying, screaming etc and I was at my whits end. I realized later that I thought it was worse than it probably was because I'm so used to her going down at midnight and waking for the first time between 6 and 7.

I have this fear that the next one may not be such a good baby and I'll be in trouble with 2 still in diapers.
#25 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 12:49 AM

Hehehehe... I am going to watch and cheer you on Shannon. I'm so done having babies! I'm going to be pretty excited when one of the Feb. mamas gets pregnant again 2 in diapers...it ain't so bad!
#26 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 12:52 AM

Does that mean you'll sell me your awesome hyena stash when Autumn is out of them
#27 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforme2005
on I'm going to be pretty excited when one of the Feb. mamas gets pregnant again 2 in diapers...it ain't so bad!
I've had two in diapers for eight years. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had less than that :LOL I'm certain I'll be pregnant again but probably (hopefully) not too soon. Love the babies. Love the kids. Hate the pregnancy!!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#28 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 01:27 AM

Shann, Amy, any anyone else who's going to do it again, I'll be here to support you (but not join you). We're done
#29 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 02:53 AM

Ok Amy, I have a confession to make. Back when we were in the first trimester, I thought you were certifyably insane. I just couldn't even imagine why anyone would continue to have kids after a bad, sickly pregnancy. I did not even for a minute believe the people who told me that once I was holding a baby I wouldn't remember all the bad stuff--I kinda shook my head and said "yeah, I'm not going to remember having my kitchen turned into a hospital room, I won't remember the 8 different hospital stays, I won't remember the worry, I won't remember sleeping on the bathroom floor"

But it's true, I swear, the minute she was in my arms I thought about doing it again. It truely is a love without end. Heck, just tonight we talked about possibly starting to try again right away so that if I was put on bedrest Molly wouldn't be too big to lift!

Oh and Leslie, your small fuzzibuns, are they all in girl colours?? I have a client who I think I've talked into using cloth, she's due in Sept and I told her I'd lend her my newborn stuff but that I wanted it back after she was done with it. Anyway, I'm going there tomorrow to show them a bunch of CD's and if you are planning to sell your smalls, I could let her know I have a source for a bunch of used ones.
#30 of 53 Old 05-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Shannon, They're mostly girly colors, I guess. We have a lot of pastel ones, including some blues, some of the inside/outside color combos (including the red/navy one), and some brights and darks-lime green, hot pink, burgundy, black. I am planning to sell them and go up to the next size in FB, so I'll let you know when she outgrows them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page