Dingos running in the new year! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1351 Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wouldn't expect to hear from her until at least tomorrow evening. It's the Sabbath.

Sorry, but I'm going to add to the list of people who are unable to post many personals at this time, hope to catch up tomorrow.

drjen, glad to hear that your c/sec rate is coming down. Have you heard that babies born in the caul are considered individuals with special gifts? The Irish believe it means the child will never die by drowning, and others believe the child will have the gift of prophesy. But, the snow globe effect is so cool, especially if it's a waterbirth.

poppy and mommajb, glad to hear you are finding answers to your injury issues.

Poor DH has been grinding his teeth at night and caused a cavity under an old filling. Horrible toothache new year's eve and day. Got that diagnosed and needs a root canal, so has a temporary filling. Then 2 days ago developed an even worse toothache and turns out he developed an abscess under the temporary filling. Got it cleaned out, on abx, and feeling better.

For the first time in 10 years I have a baby that was admitted to NICU after a lovely home birth. Nothing related to the birth, but feel so bad for the family who should be at home snuggling with their sweet and adorable little boy.

Have begun looking at new bikes, tri rather than my current modified hybrid. May have found one I like.

It is snowing here and may not stop until we have 10 inches on the ground.

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
#422 of 1351 Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 PM

RR: got 3.5 miles in today. ate like crap today. took ds2 to a birthday party tonight for 2 hours of noise, loud. Was expecting the kids to be in bed when I got home so it would be peaceful, but they were all playing the wii (dh and kids at home), so still working on bed time. I'm ready for some quiet. figuring out how to get a run in this weekend and do the party stuff and get to my GM. Something's gonna have to shift.

DH gave me my bday present early tonight, knee high black boots, high heal. Very nice! He did a good job. Now to figure out what to wear them with.
#423 of 1351 Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 PM

Lisa ~ *whistle* at the knee high boots! Good luck with your scheduling this weekend.

mothercat ~ for that little baby in NICU

Jo ~ I hope your supper was good. Mine sure was. Good luck with putting in your miles.

Plady It wasn't my idea to search YouTube for that info.. so I can't take credit. Although it was such a good idea. If you search more and find some good stuff - be sure to share.

I am off to bed because it's an early morning for me tomorrow. I am going with the Varsity cheer team and taking a few of my girls to a cheer clinic about an hour north of me. I have to leave my house before 6am! : Send me a little of your energy tomorrow, okay?

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#424 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 AM

jenlove - whoa, you can do side plank right now?

RM - cute cupcakes. You sound like you have a really busy weekend ahead of you. I hope it goes smoothly.

poppy - glad the shoes are feeling better.

mommajb - sounds likes it's going to be easily fixable. Yay!

jo - good for you getting your sassy on in that mtg!

rr: 5 boring TM miles today. Feeling better. I have to give mad props to those of you who run the TM lots. I just have no will power and it's all I can do to not just stop running.

Tomorrow DH is working 16 hours, going to be a long day.
#425 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 01:28 AM

H is gone again. Looks like he's going back to Soon To Be eX status. Jacka$$.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#426 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 AM

tjsmama- I am so sorry that you and your son are going throught this.
#427 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 AM

Oh Gaye that sucks.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#428 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 08:19 AM

tjsmama ~ I'm sorry.

Off to the cheer clinic... :

#429 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 08:29 AM

gaye, i am so sorry for you and your boy. what a stupid stinkin rollercoaster. I'm so pissed for you

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#430 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 AM

Gaye~Did you know he was leaving so soon? God, that really sucks. You are a strong, beautiful, amazing woman. It sounds like he's been dead weight for you. Take care of yourself today. Do something special, even a little thing, that you wouldn't normally do just for you. (For me, that would be getting the venti skim chai! Mmmm.) We're here for you whenever you need us.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#431 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
Gaye~Did you know he was leaving so soon? God, that really sucks. You are a strong, beautiful, amazing woman. It sounds like he's been dead weight for you. Take care of yourself today. Do something special, even a little thing, that you wouldn't normally do just for you. (For me, that would be getting the venti skim chai! Mmmm.) We're here for you whenever you need us.
:

We are here for you and lean on us whenever you need us.

#432 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 AM

Ugh Gay - that sucks s did you guys talk or did he just up and decide?

i'm having lovely room service breakfast before heading to the airport. doubtful i'll get any exercise today beyond walking the dog a little bit.
#433 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
:

: I wish you and your ds did not have to go through this all over again. Please lean on us in any way you can. These are the times when you need your friends to be strong for you.

mothercat - I hope that babe will recover just as soon as possible.

jenlove - your day day and :: to you

Lisa - Happy Birthday and enjoy those boots. I'd go for a just above the knee skirt and tights.

JayGee - run strong this morning!

I waiting for ds and dh to return so I can go workout - and yes the treadmill is boring as he!! especially when I am the only one at the gym. I'm going to try some single leg squats, run until it hurts and then stop.
: that ds2 stays asleep and dh can have a peaceful morning.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#434 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post
H is gone again. Looks like he's going back to Soon To Be eX status. Jacka$$.
Oh no, Gaye. I'm so sorry for you and Tyler. This is when I soooo wish we all lived in a Dingo commune where we could ralley around you physically and emotionally and shower you with love, peace, support, and everything you need. You are an awesome lady!!! Know that we are doing all this through technology. mama

RR: wanting to get my run in now on the TM then get started with my day, but dh is still sleeping (room right next to the TM).

My blister is still intact on my foot even with a run yesterday. It's now itchy, which I take as a healing sign, right?

GAYE~I will run today, and it will be for you!!!
#435 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Ug, Gaye, that sucks. Sorry. I'm with Lisa, this is another time for the Dingo commune. Of course, in the commune some other DHs would have whipped him into shape made made him see the light.

I have 5 miles on the calendar today, but it's 30.6°F and raining. I've never done more than 3 miles on the treadmill.

We went out for our 10 year anniversary last night. My MIL is leaving 4 days early to go be with her mom who's in the hospital, and probably won't leave. Sigh.
#436 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 AM

Gaye, I'm so sorry.

I'm up early finishing preparations for dd's birthday party - I have six more CDs to burn, cardboard to cut up for inserts into fourteen t-shirts for painting, some ice cream to buy, my family room to dropcloth, and patience to muster for dh, who is sick and totally unable to help with any of the prep or any of the party.

This is the last time I combine a craft with DIY pizzas for every girl in the class!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#437 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 10:32 AM

:Gaye I'm so sorry.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#438 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM

oh (((gaye))))
#439 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Gaye I am so sorry that you guys are going through this
#440 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 11:32 AM

for Gaye and T. I'm so sorry he is putting you through this again.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#441 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Gaye I second what towsonmama said. You don't deserve this treatment, not one bit.

Geo, thoughts for your MIL.
#442 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Gaye I'm so incredibly sorry. You and your DS don't deserve this at all. I'll be thinking of you today .

The Take Back the Trail run was great! At least 100 people, running in the rain. I ran with three friends and saw a ton of other people I knew as well. Bloomington is such a fantastic running community ! We ended up running 8.5 wet, soggy miles. But I feel great! The press was there, taking pics, so if it ends up in the paper, I'll post a link.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#443 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Gaye- I have to add that I wonder about the therapist you were seeing as a couple. It seems like she pushed you guys into moving back in when you were not readly. This is just an impression I have based on reports here for what it's worth. It STINKS that this is happening to you and your little guy. However, kids are amazing, and the steady love and attention he gets from you will go a long way in helpin him cope.

Ann
#444 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Gaye... add my big, fat, squishy hugs to the rest of the Dingo crowd. I'm just so sorry, and have been appalled at his attitudes & behaviors from your first accounts of this situation. As Official Dingo Ale Wench, I would pour you a nice, large, chewy glass of red wine if I were there. Or some Fat Tire in honor of your Colorado-ness. I hope that we can continue to be a good source of encouragement and support for you in the weeks/months/years ahead.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#445 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
bec

Oh, Gaye. : I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You deserve someone who is going to love, cherish and respect you. I echo the others about wishing for the Dingo commune!

I am getting better. This is my first day off the Vicodin. I took my last dose last night at around 8pm. Today, just advil, so far. I'm taking it very easy, and that is tough, tough, tough. My mom was here for a few days, and did most of everything. But, it is hard for me to let someone else in my kitchen (especially when I know nothing is going to be in the right spot, or cleaned particularly well).

The doctor said I could go on a short, slow jog one week post-surgery. So, I'm hoping for 1-2 miles on the treadmill at around a 12-13 minute pace next Thursday! I just want to be totally recovered, and really dig into half marathon training!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#446 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Gaye - that just sucks. I admire your tenacity and patience thus far. You definitely deserve better than this treatment, as does T.

Bec - : healing vibes to you!

HBM - that pic of JoJo is so cute!

Jaygee - I am glad that take back the trail run was so well attended! Even though I am not at 8 miles yet, I would have done that run on principle.

---

Thanks for all of the advice on the shoe insert issue. I ran 2.25 in them yesterday and it definitely felt different. My knees were barking at me a little bit but today everything feels fine. I will plan to wear them around the house a bit in between runs to get my body accustomed.

It's funny because you would think after being in the shoe industry for so long I would have figured this problem out sooner. Honestly, though, the tech dev people in house at shoe companies really try to build the best possible shoe and get a little insulted or defensive at the thought that someone would need to swap out for third party parts. (That's a blanket statement of course, not all are like that)

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#447 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
This is the last time I combine a craft with DIY pizzas for every girl in the class!
Oh my. You're a better woman then me.

So, I'm about to hop on the TM for 3 miles. AliG was having a very hard morning, I think maybe tooth related but sheesh! Just checking in to help get my in gear. Maybe if she takes a good nap I'll get a chance to catch up a bit more too!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#448 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Gaye.. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It's unfair. :
#449 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM

I : you guys. I really do. Thank you so much for all the love and support. It's SO needed right now.

It all just sucks. I'm so freaking mad at him for what he's done to us. And he quite honestly doesn't see how selfish it was to move back for two months only to not make any effort whatsoever and up and leave again. He thinks it was a *good* thing for DS because he built a better relationship with him. Um, ok, and what about now that you're leaving again?? I KNOW I'm going to be better off without him, but it's so damn scary being a SAHM whose only dream and ambition is to BE a SAHM and to be losing the support that makes it possible. We had agreed last time around that I would get to stay home at least a couple more years, but it still breaks my heart that I may not be able to do all the things that I wanted to because I'm probably going to be working full-time in some crappy job just to try to be able to make ends meet. I want to be able to give DS everything he deserves, and I just don't see how that's going to be able to happen, even with generous support. I just don't have the earning potential to be able to support us anywhere near the way we're used to. And considering that I've never really dated, not even H (we were in college and just kind of hung out), I'm abso-freaking-lutely terrified of the idea of dating. I just see a long lonely future ahead. Although honestly, it's been pretty lonely for a long time, even when he was around.

I dragged myself to the Y to run on the dreadmill. It's gorgeous out and I really should have gone outside, but I just couldn't get the energy together to drag the Chariot out of the back of the garage where it's sitting in the middle of all of H's stuff from his apartment and put it together. And besides, my arms are a little sore from the quick upper body weights I did before spin yesterday, so I *really* didn't want to push the thing. I did feel a little better afterward, at least. DS is alternately being so stinking adorable that I can't stand it and driving me up the fricking wall. It doesn't help that for some reason he thinks it's hilarious when mommy cries, so everytime I have a breakdown, the kid starts laughing his head off at me. : You'd think it would snap me out of it, but for some reason it just irritates me more. But, we did get through lunch (lentil soup again, by request) without any major disasters, he's playing happily with his train set, and it's almost nap time. When H is apparently coming over to talk. About what, I don't know. I guess logistics. I think everything else has been said.

rr~3 miles on the TM. I ran at an 11 minute pace, not too bad. I did stop and walk for 2 minutes after each mile just so I wouldn't die, but it's getting there. I may be able to handle training starting Monday, after all. We'll find out, I guess.

Hey, CathToria...what was that site with all the swim gear on it? I REALLY need a new swimsuit. I haven't been in the pool since September, and one of my excuses is that my swimsuit is so worn out that it's practically falling off. I dragged myself to the sporting goods store after the Y to try some on, at least so I have an idea of the right size, but didn't want to buy because their selection in January was slim, to say the least.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#450 of 1351 Old 01-10-2009, 06:13 PM

hey y'all....checking in to report 18 miles this morning. quite a run...I am going to try to post a long run report on my blog bc it was kind of crazy. then I went home, changed real quick, went to the funeral, (made dh stop by a pizza place bc I was STARVING), and then to the house where they are staying. Kids are here right now, and seem to be relieved to be out of the insanity, tons of people everywhere looking sad. it was a great funeral though, all things considered. the pastors did an AWESOME job of saying that of COURSE God loves him and that he is with God, no matter what. dh prayed and cried during the prayer, but it was sweet and honest, and I was glad he did it.

anyway, thanks for reading about all this!

gaye, that just SUCKS. my best friend who got divorced a few years ago said the same thing; that she was lonely for a long time even IN the marriage. I'm so sorry for that, and I hope there are better things ahead for you and ds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page