Dingos running in the new year! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1351 Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Callie ~ What a rough day! I hope she's doing okay now. I bet the chicken nuggets will help.

Mandy ~ Cute dog! What's his name?

Jo ~ Way to go on another 1,000 words!! :

I'm planning on yoga class in the AM while DH goes to spinning. I am so excited for him to try out the spinning class here at the Y. I just hopes he likes it as much as he did the ones at Gold's.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#182 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 AM

Mamabeth-Can you do it later in the day or will that just be too much? How are they doing?

Kerc and Cersha- You know Zumba crosstraining is pretty sexy, so it could lead to Dingo crosstraining. The ladies that teach my Friday class also teach a class called "Take it Home". You bring a group of friends and a bottle of wine and it's a strip-tease workout class (no clothes actually removed). Then you..ahem...take it home.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#183 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy View Post
Kerc and Cersha- You know Zumba crosstraining is pretty sexy, so it could lead to Dingo crosstraining. The ladies that teach my Friday class also teach a class called "Take it Home". You bring a group of friends and a bottle of wine and it's a strip-tease workout class (no clothes actually removed). Then you..ahem...take it home.
That would be fun! I own one of the Carmen Electra Striptease dvds.... :

#184 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:10 AM

Cersha. Welcome!

megs~Yay for running! If it makes you feel any better, *I* finally used my traction thingies today and I bought them last winter!

jo~: WTG on the writing, that's awesome!

callie~Aw, poor kiddo. I hope it wasn't too traumatic. But, seriously, it took you until she was THREE to have to go to the ER?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
Tomorrow: I'm going to get my xmas cards out <snip>
: I can laugh, because even though I was WAY early (as in first week of December) this year, I'm usually stressing out trying to get them out by the 22nd or 23rd. I like your method better!

So here is the picture of DS's new playroom/H's office. The other half (that you can't see) is the office. I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. It's organized, it's clean, and it actually looks pretty nice! And it wasn't very expensive either...the shelving was on sale from target. :

AND...H actually said--UNPROVOKED--that dinner was good tonight. That *never* happens...usually I get it's ok or it's fine, so it's practically unprecedented to get a volunteered compliment!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#185 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 AM

Mandy - Oh, he's adorable!

Callie - Poor baby! I hope she heals up quickly.

Kerc - quite an impressive start to 2009, indeed!

Mamabeth - It sounds like your only option for the 18 is to get up at the butt-crack o' dawn and squeeze it in beforehand. If you're out the door by about 6 or so, you'd have time right?

Gaye - The playroom looks great! We have those Target shelves, too. WTG on the dinner compliment.
#186 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 AM

Callie - Poor Nora! I hope she's recovering now. Both my older 2 kids have had stitches and now love to tell about their war wounds

tjsmama - your playroom looks great! If you ever want a spot of organizational consulting here in IL let me know . . .

Geo - I'm worried that I've friended the non-Dingo now, too - because I just copied your friends. And really, there aren't any hills except the short incline up out of the speedway - like a ramp type of thing, the rest is pretty darn flat.

mamabeth - I agree on the butt crack of dawn idea. I'm not sure where else you could get it in unless you feel you'd be up to a late Sat afternoon run.

grnmtnmama - the new doggy is adorable. I wish we had time to have a dog - my kids adored Balancin1's dogs when we stayed with her.

1jooj - yay for getting so much writing done!

RR - I have actual running to report. I ran 5.03 miles, plus a warm up and cool down for a total of 5.67. I watched the last episode of season 5 of Buffy the Vampire slayer. I realized how little running I've been doing because dh and I both watch Buffy while we run, and we were on the same episode 8 weeks ago and he is now into season 7 while I just finished 5!

Both babies were eventually born. On the plus side, mama #1 only pushed 9 minutes. On the not so plus side, baby #2 was my first cesarean birth of 2009. First time mom, 36+ hours of labor, the last 6 hours of it at 6 cms with a occasional deep heart rate drops becoming frequent deep heart rate drops, and baby was finally born in the OR. Gorgeous babies, both of them. 7 to go for Jan. for me.
#187 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:39 AM

Callie--so sorry about the ER. Holding kids down is no fun.

tjsmama--we have that Target shelving in DD's room too, in a slightly different arrangement. It's great. Congrats on reorganizing. We've been doing a ton of that around here for the last week.

Geo--My plan is to keep the old version of Word on my old laptop and the new version of Word on my new laptop. I've never had good luck putting a new version of something on an old computer (my laptop is five years old), and there's no way I'm doing anything to mess up my dissertation formatting before I submit it in the next month(ish).

No exercise, but reorganization continues. I think I have a trunk full of stuff headed to Goodwill tomorrow! Still on the to-do list includes reorganizing DD's books, sorting through old sheet music, reorganizing the CD cabinet, and getting a few more storage containers at the store. Tomorrow night I must start revisions too.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#188 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM

mamabeth, I'm with the ladies on the butt crack thing. Of course, here I am, up almost 45 minutes and still on the coffeepot trying to motivate. Do you have a TM? You could get up early-early and run the first third on a TM and then take it outside (run in daylight?).

drjen, . Two healthy babies and moms down.

Gaye, I never managed to set up a play area for our kids. Thankfully, now, after 2 years without, they have bedrooms.

I am just going to see, once I am on the TM, how far I will run today. I am thinking not very. SO COLD. But at least lunches are packed. If I manage 3-4, then I still have time to throw feed to all the animals (and hopefully not slip and fall) before we leave for work/school.

Have I mentioned here that I SO do not want to go back to work this week? Things there have not been on a positive trend for a long, long time (not outright bad, but just not good) and so one way or the other, or maybe in many ways, by summer vacay, things are going to be very different for me.

Kicking off 2009...
#189 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 09:04 AM

mamabeth~I was also going to recommend going out super early.

Off to work. It's been a nice two weeks off but I don't mind going back. I actually miss my students a little.

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#190 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Geo - I'm worried that I've friended the non-Dingo now, too - because I just copied your friends. And really, there aren't any hills except the short incline up out of the speedway - like a ramp type of thing, the rest is pretty darn flat.
...and I expect that ramp to be flattened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post
here is the picture of DS's new playroom/H's office. The other half (that you can't see) is the office. I'm pretty excited with how it turned out. It's organized, it's clean, and it actually looks pretty nice! And it wasn't very expensive either...the shelving was on sale from target. :
Add us to the list with the same bins. They work great, and Karen can now keep her room clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realrellim View Post
Geo--My plan is to keep the old version of Word on my old laptop and the new version of Word on my new laptop. I've never had good luck putting a new version of something on an old computer (my laptop is five years old), and there's no way I'm doing anything to mess up my dissertation formatting before I submit it in the next month(ish).
Smart. That new version of word does horrid things. Ppt is worse.

It's the first day of the quarter here. I've got to get the online portion of the class figured out today, then I'm set for lecture tomorrow! Only one bite on the babysitter thing. I'll talk to her today. Ug.
#191 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Thanks y'all...super early is what occurred to me too. My RP is usually pretty up for anything, so hopefully she will be on the trip. I can't go later Sat bc we are taking our friend's kids (the ones who just lost their dad) for the rest of the afternoon...she didn't want them hanging out all day at the wake listening to all the stuff. So, butt-crack thirty it is. The only other option that also occurred to me (not thinking too clearly these days) is Sunday afternoon....I'm not preaching that day and don't have too much to do. So I'll consult with RP and see what she thinks too. THANKS mamas!

Didn't run this morning bc a storm's passing through. I am waiting to see if it clears or to hop on the mill. Sigh.

Callie, hope N is doing much better and you guys are too! That is so traumatic.

I hope everybody who's returning to work has a good day today...or at least it isn't too terrible of an adjustment. I am sort of dreading tomorrow, getting kids to school and going in for a full day. It's been since Christmas Eve that I did a whole day of work :
#192 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Hey, serial posting, but I just made the dingo group on daily mile "Open" so anybody can join. If we attract some trolls, I'll just make it closed again. hope that works for everybody, I know there have been some problems.
#193 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 AM

We have one more day of vacation today and everyone heads back to school tomorrow. I have no idea why...

mamabeth ~ I know I'm late in offering condolences, but I wanted to give you and your DH a and tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your friend. Hope the services go smoothly and you can get your LR in too.

Callie ~ hope your DD is recovering from the trauma. DS fell onto a suitcase zipper when he was 2 and had to be restrained on the board while they stitched his upper gum back together. Awful.

Gaye, those bins are so cool! I'm throwing around some ideas in my head for our playroom, which is in a perpetual state of disarray. Those could work well.... Your DS has a great playroom!

Mandy ~ cute, cute, CUTE puppers!!!! What's his name?

DrJen ~ sorry for the c-sec birth. Two down....

For anyone who has run the Mini ~ should I register for a seeded corral? I qualify to run in P3 (I think it's called that, the third one, anyway...) based on my 1/2 time from November. I was planning on running with a friend who hoped to run sub-2, but now it seems she may be wussing out on me . If she doesn't want me to pace her anymore, I'm considering the seeded corral, if y'all think it's worth the effort to submit my times and stuff.

No run today, but spin class/swim tonight .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#194 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM

tjsmama ~ I love the looks of the new playroom. I can't wait to set up my own playroom/learning area someday. There was another thread that had inspirational photos for playrooms on Flickr and I think it made me drool.

Good luck getting back into the routine of school/work this morning (if it applies).

DrJen ~ Good job on the 5+ miles and catching up on your Buffy dvds. :

Jo ~ How was your run?

I'm off to wake up DH and get our butts to the YMCA. Happy Monday!

#195 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Good Morning!

We had a nice time over the break just visiting with family and being lazy!
We were glad to see 2009 roll in! We did eat greens and black eyed peas and hope for good luck this year!

Cersha..Welcome!

JayGee and Bec..I have been practicing my German too. A new lady at church is German and she talks to me all the time and gave me a cd of German poetry for Christmas! (A little over my head!)

grnmtnmama.. congrats on your new dog!

Sparkle..hope you are feeling better by now.

Megs...good to see you back!

CT, HBM, MB...I will be happy to do a 10K with you!

MB..I read back and am sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs to you and S.

Cali..Ouch! I hope your dd is recovered. My ds had to be wrapped once and it was crazy!

tjsmama..your playroom looks good.

I need to figure out how to post pics on here.

We ended up getting a Wii. DH saw an ad on Craigslist. A man wanted to trade his Wii for a pair of nautilus dumbells. We actually had the exact ones he wanted! So, we traded! He only lived 15 minutes from here too! How crazy is that? We got mariokart, Wii play, Wii sports, tiger woods golf, and some football.

The kids know about homeschooling now. Ds is fine. DD wants to wait to start until 4th grade! She's a little upset, but she did get excited about a few things, so eventaully she will be ok. She really wants to learn French (not German of course, that would be too convenient for Mommy!), so we will study it together. She's figuring out she can do some fun things like that and have a little more autonomy.

I need to figure out a new workout plan for the new year. I'm going to switch up to running 2-3 times a week and doing some sort of aerobics (love to try Zumba with HBM!), bike riding etc for other days. I just want to keep it all fresh.
#196 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post
Oh, poor Nora!

45 minutes yoga then 30 minutes walking uphill on the treadmill. Gotta train for the Indi Mini hills, since it doesn't sound like Lisa's been working on that whole hill problem on that course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Callie - Poor Nora! I hope she's recovering now. Both my older 2 kids have had stitches and now love to tell about their war wounds

tjsmama - your playroom looks great! If you ever want a spot of organizational consulting here in IL let me know . . .

mamabeth - I agree on the butt crack of dawn idea. I'm not sure where else you could get it in unless you feel you'd be up to a late Sat afternoon run.

grnmtnmama - the new doggy is adorable. I wish we had time to have a dog - my kids adored Balancin1's dogs when we stayed with her.

1jooj - yay for getting so much writing done!

RR - I have actual running to report. I ran 5.03 miles, plus a warm up and cool down for a total of 5.67. I watched the last episode of season 5 of Buffy the Vampire slayer. I realized how little running I've been doing because dh and I both watch Buffy while we run, and we were on the same episode 8 weeks ago and he is now into season 7 while I just finished 5!

Both babies were eventually born. On the plus side, mama #1 only pushed 9 minutes. On the not so plus side, baby #2 was my first cesarean birth of 2009. First time mom, 36+ hours of labor, the last 6 hours of it at 6 cms with a occasional deep heart rate drops becoming frequent deep heart rate drops, and baby was finally born in the OR. Gorgeous babies, both of them. 7 to go for Jan. for me.
I have some non dingo friend by accident too (male) but as long as he's "good" I'm just letting it be. Another (male) emailed me about also being a runner in Indy and I haven't done anything about it.

Jaygee~sign up for corrals! There are 35,000 runners and walkers in this race and if you want any sort of good time, you don't want to spend the first half of the race trying to pass people. I've been in corral C the last two times, and plan on submitting time for that again (it's Elite 100, A, B, C, D, preferred start, rest of alphabet). So, I need to find a race before the cut off to submit proff and get a good time!
#197 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 11:57 AM

Ladies, I could really use some good thoughts/vibes/prayers/whatever. Something is very wrong with my dog Baxter this morning and I don't know what, but it seems bad. His balance is off, he can't walk very well, he's drooling a lot, and just entirely not himself. H is on his way to the vet with him right now, but I'm SO worried about him.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#198 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
bec

I finally joined Daily Mile!:

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#199 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 PM

Good morning ladies! We are back from the holiday madness and I'm ready to dive back into regular life. This includes a new routine I am going to form of checking in here in the mornings from work since I have resolved to cut back on the amount of time my laptop is turned on at home. I am taking two classes this semester and very nervous about how I'm going to squeeze it all in. I am worried about never having any down time at home so I am trying to figure out ways that doesn't get sucked away.

I have to figure out how to get my mileage started up, it has been very minimal over the last month or so. I am also hoping to get the arrangements for the Indy mini squared away, has anyone else had any thoughts about how they might like to do that?
#200 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:17 PM

tjsmama- Could he have eaten something funky? How old is he? When our old dog was 4~ish she got really sick one night; couldnt walk, totally off balance, shaky, incontinent. She was freaked out (as were we). Finally we took her to the emergency vet (it was the middle of the night) and I cant remember exactly how they asked us what she might have got into, but the upshot was "she is stoned". And then it was all clear, "aaaaaah"; our neighbors had had a party that night. Sure enough, the next day our dog pooped out two cupcake wrappers - she had eaten 2 pot cupcakes! I hope your story is as funny in hindsight!!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#201 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM

mamabeth, belated condolences here as well. I can't imagine. It's really nice of you to take the kids for the afternoon on Sat.

Gaye, I hope Baxter is OK. It does sound scary but hopefully it will turn out to be something small. The playroom looks awesome, btw. We did a major purge after Christmas and even got EK to agree to donate some things - big step for her.

We got in our 30 minute walk last night that I was wanting to do prior to starting c25K. DH asked if it was the first workout of c25K and I was explaining that no, it was training for c25K. Today is week 1, day 1. It's warm here so I'm hoping to do it with DS in the jogger this afternoon.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#202 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 02:11 PM

Gaye, I hope it's nothing serious.

Mbelle-I would love for you to come zumba with me!!! : They do have childcare several days a week for hs'ed kids at the Y.

Jess- That's a good story. Glad your pup was OK.

Great zumba class this morning. My stomach is STILL not right. It's been over a week. The rest of me feels better, though.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#203 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the commiseration, ladies, DD is much better this AM. Cleaning the stitches and changing the bandaid was a little rough, but she is feeling much better and not as freaked out.

Gaye - I hope Baxter is okay!!

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#204 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Gaye - sending baxter some healing vibes

I have an ortho appt. for Thursday! My ankle felt twingey at the end of my run yesterday and I feel it again this morning so the shoes are not solely solving the problem.

Back later for more...

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#205 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Callie, please excuse the swiss cheese that is masquerading as a brain inside my head these days... I meant to say that I hope Nora is doing OK in my earlier post. That sounded both painful and traumatic. I'm glad she's having a better morning. to you both.

#206 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:07 PM

ew ew ew, got hit on at the gym - WHILE WEARING MY WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT RINGS. ew.
#207 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate~mom View Post
ew ew ew, got hit on at the gym - WHILE WEARING MY WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT RINGS. ew.
narly, I hate that! (not that it happens often to me

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#208 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 PM

Supposedly Dailymile is going to be adding a feature where what you post there can show up on your Facebook profile. I guess it's already available with Twitter... which is one online thing I've managed to resist.

#209 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 PM

callie, I'm glad your dd is okay today. i hope the cleaning of the wound gets easier sooner rather than later.

Gaye, I hope you furry one is okay, update us when you can. That playroom phot has me running to Lowe's to see what I can come up with. It looks great. What will it look like at bedtime tonight?

grnmtmmama, your new pup is adorable! I cannot, CANNOT, do a pet until everyone else here always relieves themselves in a toilet.

German. Mine is so bad. I am always working on it in the back of my mind. It even made it to the rough draft of my New Year's list. Two years living in Munich, my best friend is Austrian, and I once returned a pair of sandals saying, "Diesen Schuen sind kaput." My husband says his really improved when dd1 and I were in the hospital and he had to 1. find us and 2. speak for us. My nurse gave up on communicating with me and just switched to Bayerische after a while.

Indy mini prep: I went to Indy and carbo-loaded at Buco di Beppo last night. Does that count? I live about two hours south and haven't really made plans yet. I did download the smart coach plan for myself. It is 16 weeks so starting this week builds in 1 extra week. I hope my return to running goes well tomorrow. Chi running came in today's mail but I doubt I can do much with it by 5:30 am.

The return to work and school has been relatively traumatic. Alice still has math and refuses to admit she can do it. She can but is a master at work slowdowns. She will make a great union boss someday. Ian got a haircut at lunch and he looks so much better. He likes that he can see now. I was a bit pushy about it so I am glad he is not missing the long, sloppy hair. I decided I am not ready to cut down on coffee. maybe when the weather warms up. : I will however work in more herbal teas.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#210 of 1351 Old 01-05-2009, 03:28 PM

Gaye, I'm not a dog person, but some local frineds were talking recently about similar symptoms, and lawn fertilizer was the cluprit, if that helps.

60 min spin class done today. I'm not sure how, but I was sick as a dog yesterday, which usualyy does not happen to me. I went to bed feverish about 8, and slept restlessly until 7. I felt a bit better, so I went to spin, but I took it easy. I feel much better today.

MBelle, LMK if you want to plan a workout day together at JC. I'm not sure if your schedule will ever take you over this way (maybe having lunch w/ dh???), but if it does, we could plan on taking a weekly spin or strength class together.

Atl dingos, LMK what 10K you gals choose, and I will sign up. Flat, tech tees or cheap no tee, Ptree qualifier, and OTP would be on my list of "must haves"

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page