February Weight Watchers - The Skinny Valentines! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#751 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 01:38 AM
 
*Aimee*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I think it's more that (OKAY! I Know I shouldn't compare but I cant help it!!) everyone around me on WW is kicking butt. My best friend lost 60 lbs in 6 months, my mom lost on average 10 lbs a month, And I lost 5lbs the first week, then 2 each other week. I was just really upset this week because I weighed all week long and (which I know I shouldn't do!) and I was down 3lbs this week. Then gained it all back staying on the points. So that's what upset me so bad.

I just cant fail again. I just cant. I need to lose the weight SO BAD that I get panicky.
*Aimee* is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#752 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 AM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aimee- I am a slow loser compared to all my friends too! And compared to almost everyone here on this thread as well! I am having a hard time with this also but I keep reminding myself that maybe I've only lost 5 lbs in just over a month, but that's five pounds less than I was before! I'll take whatever loss I can get, because I too, have to make it work this time.
and if it's slow, it's just slow but I'm not going to give up.
hang in there Aimee!
Hazel is offline  
#753 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 AM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 11,003
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
Well, I think it's more that (OKAY! I Know I shouldn't compare but I cant help it!!)
you can help it. You know that it is a self defeating behavoir that is making your life unpleasant, so while it is what you've been doing up til now, it is something that you *can* stop. When you say "I can't help it," you give up all your power over your own life. Your power to be happy, your power to love and celebrate your own body, your power to enjoy your success.

Write up an affirmation for yourself and hang it up where you will see it all the time. Something how special and unique and wonderful you are.

Quote:
And I lost 5lbs the first week, then 2 each other week.
That's great!

Quote:
I was just really upset this week because I weighed all week long and (which I know I shouldn't do!) and I was down 3lbs this week. Then gained it all back staying on the points. So that's what upset me so bad.
you've been monitoring your body's fluctions with water and solid waste and found that it makes you unhappy. So you can keep it up and continue to make yourself unhappy, or you can change what you do. WW recommends weighing ONLY ONCE A WEEK. If you are weighing every day, you are not On Plan. If you are weighing everyday, you cann't say "I followed the plan to a T."

And I don't care if you know people who lost weight with WW and didn't follow this rule. Some people lose weight without exercising or without eating vegies, that doesn't mean that those are strategies that will help you find happiness and peace of mind and good health.

BTW, when I stick with plan perfectly, I lose an average of .5 per week and gain one week of the month (I just love PMS!). Yet, because I stick with it, I've lost 65 pounds and wear a size 8.

You are doing great and yet are making yourself unhappy for no reason. A positive attitude and gratitude for your body will help you succeed.

What is your goal for this week? NOT A NUMBER YOU WISH HOPE/WISH/PRAY TO SEE ON THE SCALE. What habit are you going to focus on this week to change your life? One of the GHGs you have trouble with? Upping your APs? What are you going to do this week? Killing your scale? (I went through withdrawl when I killed mine, I was jonesing so bad I thought I would die.)

After you do it (what ever you pick for the week!), no matter what the scale says, you will have had a successful week because you will have made progress toward not only getting the weight off but keeping it off because it's all about our habits.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#754 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
 
CookiePie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats to Rosemary & Jennifer you both had awesome weeks!!!

Thanks Linda for the above post! Just this morning I "peeked" at the scale & I'm up way up. I don't officially WI until Monday, but now I'm worried about the number! I still have WP's & AP's left so I really have nothing to worry about. But I'm still kinda worried. I'm not peeking any more, it is just not worth it!

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
CookiePie is offline  
#755 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what in the world is that?

mamas, i am back down to 195! dare i get hopes up?
This fusion restaurant we ate at on Wednesday is just all "hoity-toigty" food. Except for one thing - the tempura fried Twinkie for dessert. Everything is just so elegant and perfectly prepared and then there's this.
It is a Japanese style fried Twinkie, served with ice cream and caramel sauce. It's kind of a joke around here, you eat this fabulous meal and then finish it with well, crap. It's gorgeously prepared but it's still crap. I've seen fried Twinkies at country fairs, etc. but I've never tried one. And BTW, frying a Twinkie pretty much removes all the flavor. The whipped stuff in the center melts and you end up with basically, a plain fried donut. Now I know to stick with the creme brulee.
As my WW leader said, "Well, you've had the Twinkie and discovered it's gross. You're a northerner now!"

We are all foodies up here. We have regional magazines dedicated to food only - THREE. Our local news does retaurant reviews, on TV, the radio, and the newspapers. If you don't like winter sports up here, you like eating and/or cooking. And if you do like winter sports, well then you have to eat. I blame all the vineyards and the gorgeous land. It calls people. In a recessed economy, a store that sells only vinegar and oil is thriving because it's good and we're the kind of people who take our $20 bottle of vinegar to dinner in case the restaurant's isn't as good. I cracked up to see a mama remove a bottle of vinegar from her diaper bag at Applebee's a few weeks ago.

So WW up here is different than it was back more southerly for me. We focus on good flavor more and dig into the politics of food more. 65 year old grandmothers that look like they don't care where their peaches come from will have verbal wars over their CSA farms up here during WW meetings. I've taken my cheese kit in to show people how easy it is to make 30 minute mozzarella to WW meetings. We're agricultural up here so we're surrounded by food.

In the county I live in, McDonald's closed about a year after I moved up here. People up here don't like that kind of food. We have Subways at a couple of gas stations but that's it for fast food in Leelanau county. In the downtown, there are all the regular fast food joints but the entire Leelanau peninsula has only 2 Subways. Everytime someone like Burger King comes in, they do sociological studies and discover that no one up here would go. So, there's no point to coming in. Our McDonald's closed because it lost money and never made a profit the years it was here. There's a pretty big stigma around here about fast food. It's one of the top things I love about this region. Our local McDonald's chain is owned by a doctor and he's kind of a social pariah up here because most people in the medical community consider him a jerk for being a doctor and investing in that kind of food. If you're caught talking to him at a party, someone will invariably later hiss at you, "What were you talking to him for??"
I haven't seen the guy in a long time but he drives a very nice car.:

Life in a small town. Agricultural in nature and food snobs by choice.

Aimee, I'm a quick loser but my best friend is a slow loser so I've walked the walk with her. I will tell you that her losing slower had its benefits too. I sometimes get frustrated because I drop point levels before I've had time to adjust - especially when I'm this heavy to start. So I frequently end up feeling like I'm starting all over when I hit a new range of points becuase I was still adjusting to the previous level. Her skin looks more toned because she loses weigh more slowly. At some point, my butt skin will be sagging here and I will run out in desperation for a $60 caffeine butt lotion that will work for 5 and a half minutes. And my friend will not rub it in for me so I'll contort like a maniac to do it and end up spraining my back. In the spring, when my friend starts exercising again, it will make a huge difference in her and not a whit in the number on the scale to me. Different bodies, different metabolisms and somehow you've got to make peace with yours. I will tell you this, your weight doesn't matter to us. We just want you to be healthy and happy. But stick with our little tribe here and we'll walk the walk with you, ok?

Hazel, I love seeing you here. I'm glad you post so I know you haven't gotten frustrated ond gone off. My friend and I had to work through jealousy on WW the same way we worked thorugh heartbreak and jealousy about pregnancy and miscarriages.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#756 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
 
zoedeansmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jen, I really enjoyed hearing about your region. I've always lived in MO, but I'm fascinated with other areas-thanks for sharing!
Something Linda said above made me want to share a quote I have had on my bathroom mirror since I began this journey. (It's from Oprah.) It really struck a cord with me because I have hated my body as long as I can remember. More since I became a mom. Which always sort of flew in the face of my feminism. I don't want to pass on those feelings to my daughters so, this time around, I'm working on changing from the inside out. Like, accepting and even embracing my stretch marks and mummy tummy because they are evidence of the amazing thing my body did-twice! Anyway, here's the quote:
"I'm so grateful for everything. My bones for carrying me. My heart for beating. My lungs for pumping air. You need to love yourself enough to know that you being healthy is worth it." Hope that helps someone.

Christina, proud mama of 2 strong, brilliant, creative, kind, beautiful girls from A to Z. Wife of 11 years to best friend and awesome papa, Brian. :::
zoedeansmom is offline  
#757 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
Well, I think it's more that (OKAY! I Know I shouldn't compare but I cant help it!!) everyone around me on WW is kicking butt. My best friend lost 60 lbs in 6 months, my mom lost on average 10 lbs a month, And I lost 5lbs the first week, then 2 each other week. I was just really upset this week because I weighed all week long and (which I know I shouldn't do!) and I was down 3lbs this week. Then gained it all back staying on the points. So that's what upset me so bad.

I just cant fail again. I just cant. I need to lose the weight SO BAD that I get panicky.
aimee-- i know just how you feel. i've been at like 195 forEVER. i just have not been able to get below that. i was at 196.4 this morning. argh! i have been utterly sticking to my points as well, and not using any on sweets or crappy food. ONE thing, i had 1/2 cup (and yes, i measured it exactly) of this awesome chocolate gelato last night, and then later on a Fiber One bar. that's the only "indulgence" i have had in over a week. and still i stay the same the same the same. :
let's hope for a breakthrough this week, shall we? you and i both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
This fusion restaurant we ate at on Wednesday is just all "hoity-toigty" food. Except for one thing - the tempura fried Twinkie for dessert. Everything is just so elegant and perfectly prepared and then there's this.
It is a Japanese style fried Twinkie, served with ice cream and caramel sauce. It's kind of a joke around here, you eat this fabulous meal and then finish it with well, crap. It's gorgeously prepared but it's still crap. I've seen fried Twinkies at country fairs, etc. but I've never tried one. And BTW, frying a Twinkie pretty much removes all the flavor. The whipped stuff in the center melts and you end up with basically, a plain fried donut. Now I know to stick with the creme brulee.
As my WW leader said, "Well, you've had the Twinkie and discovered it's gross. You're a northerner now!"

We are all foodies up here. We have regional magazines dedicated to food only - THREE. Our local news does retaurant reviews, on TV, the radio, and the newspapers. If you don't like winter sports up here, you like eating and/or cooking. And if you do like winter sports, well then you have to eat. I blame all the vineyards and the gorgeous land. It calls people. In a recessed economy, a store that sells only vinegar and oil is thriving because it's good and we're the kind of people who take our $20 bottle of vinegar to dinner in case the restaurant's isn't as good. I cracked up to see a mama remove a bottle of vinegar from her diaper bag at Applebee's a few weeks ago.

So WW up here is different than it was back more southerly for me. We focus on good flavor more and dig into the politics of food more. 65 year old grandmothers that look like they don't care where their peaches come from will have verbal wars over their CSA farms up here during WW meetings. I've taken my cheese kit in to show people how easy it is to make 30 minute mozzarella to WW meetings. We're agricultural up here so we're surrounded by food.

In the county I live in, McDonald's closed about a year after I moved up here. People up here don't like that kind of food. We have Subways at a couple of gas stations but that's it for fast food in Leelanau county. In the downtown, there are all the regular fast food joints but the entire Leelanau peninsula has only 2 Subways. Everytime someone like Burger King comes in, they do sociological studies and discover that no one up here would go. So, there's no point to coming in. Our McDonald's closed because it lost money and never made a profit the years it was here. There's a pretty big stigma around here about fast food. It's one of the top things I love about this region. Our local McDonald's chain is owned by a doctor and he's kind of a social pariah up here because most people in the medical community consider him a jerk for being a doctor and investing in that kind of food. If you're caught talking to him at a party, someone will invariably later hiss at you, "What were you talking to him for??"
I haven't seen the guy in a long time but he drives a very nice car.:

WOW. you live in such an interesting area! it's nothing like that, here. it's nothing like anywhere i've ever heard of! the vinegar...that's funny. it's awesome about the fast food. and funny about the doctor. you'd think he'd slink away or something.
Asheville is very, very crunchy-- but also very mainstream; it depends on which crowd you run with. i don't even notice the mainstream people. i know they notice the crunchy folks though because one time i was picking something up from Freecycle, and the woman on the phone was telling me what area to go, and she said "the older part, not the part where all the hippies are"
there are Pagans and Baptists here, and very seldom do the twain meet and lots of new-agey woowoo types. our free newspaper ads are full of things like...and this is a real one; i quote:
"Experience an expansion of consciousness and accelerated transformation of the soul with Amma and Swamiji. There will be a group talk, guided meditation, and music. The program ends with Shaktipat, the transmission of Divine energy".
um...ok :

oh, and i agree-- that twinkie sounds vile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
At some point, my butt skin will be sagging here and I will run out in desperation for a $60 for a caffeine butt lotion that will work for 5 and a half minutes. And my friend will not rub it in for me so I'll contort like a maniac to do it and end up spraining my back.
:

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#758 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 12:57 PM
 
Rosemarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Jennifer, I'll be right over. Booking tickets now. Make up a bed for me and have a nice glass of whatever you all drink on the bedstand.

I just wanted to chime in for you, Aimee. I'm a slow loser, too. But, uh, I can't say that you are, since you lost more than twice what is "approved" last month! You're doing well. I have only lost 3.8 lbs this month.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Rosemarino is online now  
#759 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 11,003
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePie View Post
Just this morning I "peeked" at the scale & I'm up way up. I don't officially WI until Monday, but now I'm worried about the number!
Drink lots of water and avoid things with sodium. It'll be OK. Also keep in mind where you are in your cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoedeansmom View Post
"I'm so grateful for everything. My bones for carrying me. My heart for beating. My lungs for pumping air. You need to love yourself enough to know that you being healthy is worth it." Hope that helps someone.
Great Quote!!!

Louise Hay is a self-help writer I love and one of her exercises is to look yourself in the eye in the mirror and say, "I love you. I really love you" and do this over and over again every day.

The teacher of a yoga workshop I was in last weekend talked about how we talk to ourselves and sometimes say things that we wouldn't allow another person to say to us. We can choose to treat ourselves as our own friend and speak to ourselve the way we want to be spoken to by other people.

She's about 50, and kept looking at her self in the mirror and thinking about how much she needed cosmetic surgery, then she realized that she would never speak to some one again if they spoke to her they way she was speaking to herself.

There are some other great things about losing slowly. First, we slow losers have an easier time maintaining our weight lose than quick losers. We have to change our habits so deeply for so long that it is engrained by the time we get there. Second, our skin gets more time to adjust to the smaller body. Although part of me envies that one of my WW friends lost 70 pounds in 7 months, she ended up with 10K in surgery to remove all the extra skin. (It was driving her crazy.)

BTW, my friend who lost 70 pounds in 7 months had weeks that she didn't lose at all, and then weeks where several pounds came off. She said it all came off in chunks and that while her monthly average was great, week to week sometime drove her crazy because it was so randam when the weight came off.

This is another reason to stop hopping off and on the scale everyday. Even with weekly weighing, it can be hard to see consistant lose. You cannot see it at all with daily weighing. It is so much better to put the energy into some aspect of following the plan or changing habits.

I know a lot of people through WW and I only know I person who lost weight that fast. Averaging 2 pounds a week is unusual, and anything over 1 pound a week is "fast lost" IMHO.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#760 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post
Jennifer, I'll be right over. Booking tickets now. Make up a bed for me and have a nice glass of whatever you all drink on the bedstand.

I just wanted to chime in for you, Aimee. I'm a slow loser, too. But, uh, I can't say that you are, since you lost more than twice what is "approved" last month! You're doing well. I have only lost 3.8 lbs this month.

Rosemary, I would love to hang out with you IRL.

I just got a notice that my CSA farm is going to hold monthly cooking classes for their food so we all know what to do with it. I think that is so cool! I'm so sick of bok choi though!!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#761 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jen, I love the description of your area! It really sounds like somewhere I would fall in love with!
I'm around. My little one is sick for the billionth time this winter. what gives? she's eats ok and takes a good vitamin. but she gets sick all the time! Of course she has two teenage brothers who bring home who knows what kind of germs as well as a daddy who is a high school teacher. so I guess that might explain it. I was up more than half the night last night. she finally puked and I think she's on the way to getting better now.

I really have to share my NSV with everyone! I AM a slow loser and I am having health problems in every which way lately. But lately when I look at my nakey (yes I said nakey) body in the mirror i have seen a change. the scale isnt moving but I noticed my body changing! Today I decided to try on a pair of pants I wore prepregnancy with my little one and while I've been able to get them on and done up for awhile (6 months?) they never would have been comfortable enough to wear even around the house. TODAY though, I tried them on and guess what??? I could wear them around the house comfortable now! I still probably wont wear them in public for another couple of pounds but they arent so tight that I feel like I'll puke if I bend over. and they didnt look too bad either!
I'm so excited because as you all know, I am a slow loser and I do sometimes feel bad for myself about that.

and Jen I understand the heartbreak and jealous around pregnancies and miscarriages well. I too had to work through that. and with the weight loss stuff. I guess I need to learn a lot
Hazel is offline  
#762 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hazel, congrats on the shorts!!! You're going to look so good this summer. And how is your back lately, by the way?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#763 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I love how everyone is hanging out here until March too. I just can't post in a thread that's days ahead. I like to take my time on the journey and savor it. March will be here soon enough.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#764 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Jen-thanks for asking about my back.
It's doing better than it has for a couple of years. I'm not completely out of pain yet but the level of pain is much more tolerable and I can actually get out of bed without feeling like crying most days! When I think back to before I started the PT and to how I felt those days, I felt despair and like I'd never be able to be the mom for my little one that I was for her older brothers. I would never be able to be active or as involved as I was with them.
Each day varies still but I had a super good day two days ago. I had hardly any pain and a lot of energy and I over did it
so now I know I have to be more careful even when I feel good. but I know I'm getting better!
wow, I'm really wordy today!
Hazel is offline  
#765 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hazel, I like your "wordiness" today. Let's meet for tea someplace.

I'm so glad your back is doing better. I'm getting a MRI on my lower discs next month, just to see what's going on in there and what should be done. If your back doesn't work, nothing on your body does!!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#766 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 07:32 PM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 11,003
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
Today I decided to try on a pair of pants I wore prepregnancy with my little one and while I've been able to get them on and done up for awhile (6 months?) they never would have been comfortable enough to wear even around the house. TODAY though, I tried them on and guess what??? I could wear them around the house comfortable now!
::That's great!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
And I love how everyone is hanging out here until March too. I just can't post in a thread that's days ahead. I like to take my time on the journey and savor it. March will be here soon enough.
I started the March thread early so we could all do our intros at the top.

I can't believe is the end of February already. This year is just flying by.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#767 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
 
emmasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's almost 5pm and this is the first time today I've been able to sit for more than 30 seconds!

Hazel - awesome on your pants fitting, and I'm glad you back is starting to feel better.

As mentioned above, today was a crazy day! I am a volunteer swim coach for Special Olympics and we swim on Saturday mornings. After I was done there, I went shopping alone (yay! - dd1 goes to Swedish school on Saturday mornings, so dh had both girls there with him) I went to Walmart and got a new exercise ball and hand weights, and then was wandering around looking at other stuff. I also bought dd2 a new carseat (Graco Nautilus), I've been wanting to get it for a while, and they had it in stock. Then I went and bought a heart rate monitor. After getting home, I read the manual and played with my hrm, then dd1 wanted to exercise with me, so i blew up the ball and we did a short workout with the fitness coach on Wii. Then I played carseat musical chairs! I installed the new seat in the van and then moved her old seat in the car and took the seat out of there and into the house. I had the hrm on the whole time. If you want a good workout you should all try carseat wrestling (umm installation - but it sure feels like wrestling at times!). My heart rate was way up there when i was doing that.

So now I sit. Well, I was interupted while typing this post because dd2 dumped hot chocolate all over the living room carpet.
emmasmommy is offline  
#768 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
Hazel, I like your "wordiness" today. Let's meet for tea someplace.

I'm so glad your back is doing better. I'm getting a MRI on my lower discs next month, just to see what's going on in there and what should be done. If your back doesn't work, nothing on your body does!!
I hope your discs are ok!
my husband has some buldging discs in his lower back. Not sure what they want to do with them but he sure suffers from pain sometimes. Not always though, and is doing a lot better now that he has a different job.
and you are so right! if your back doesn't work, nothing does! it sure can mess things up!
Hazel is offline  
#769 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
 
Jennifer3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 4,042
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Natasha, I HATE moving car seats around. That's when I can't help but think it wouldn't be too hard for manufacturers to install hover thingies on the bottoms.
It sounds like you had an awesome day!

My back comes and goes, Hazel. I've had one disc operation and I suspect I'm due for another soon. I'm just tyring to lose the weight so I can have a baby first and not break my back completely.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Jennifer3141 is offline  
#770 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 10:12 PM
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 34,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Go me!!!

We had a potluck tonight. I skipped the chicken and the cream-soup-based casseroles and had instead:
fruit salad
a little baked potato (and a great big hooray to whoever brought them)
baked tortilla chips and salsa (we brought)
a green salad


I did treat myself to a deviled half egg and a sliver of Pepperidge Farm cake because I knew that was 5 points and I knew I had it.

It's not as hard to resist now, especially as I get to know the system and points amounts.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
#771 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay Annettemarie!

Jen-have fun baby making
how much more do you want to lose before you start trying for another?
Hazel is offline  
#772 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
Then I went and bought a heart rate monitor.
please tell about it? that program i'm doing at the gym, they want me to get one, but the one they recommend is $100!!!! : NOT! then they told me that even if i got the one at Wal-mart for $25 it would be better than nothing. is there one for not much more that does show calories burned? what does yours do? just show heart rate? or more? was it lots of money? well...that prolly won't help cause i know walmart prices can widely vary by region. but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Go me!!!

We had a potluck tonight. I skipped the chicken and the cream-soup-based casseroles and had instead:
fruit salad
a little baked potato (and a great big hooray to whoever brought them)
baked tortilla chips and salsa (we brought)
a green salad
I did treat myself to a deviled half egg and a sliver of Pepperidge Farm cake because I knew that was 5 points and I knew I had it.

It's not as hard to resist now, especially as I get to know the system and points amounts.
::: go annettemarie!!
um...why is a deviled egg half a treat?
yum on the cake, though!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#773 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 34,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just figured the devil egg was probably full of bad stuff like... um... a little bit of mayo. OK, I may not be as bad ass as I though. I should have had two. I do love me a deviled egg.

Congrats on all the losses and clothes fitting.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
#774 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 10:59 PM
 
emmasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The monitor I bought is a Sigma PC9. I didn't get it at Wal-Mart but at a sporting goods store. It was recommended by the sales person who is an avid runner and has used it himself. It takes my heart rate, calculates calories burned and it beeps when you move into a different heart rate zone. It was $85 Canadian, but in the US it is under $60 (It annoys me that things are so much more expensive up here!) I did see a couple at Walmart but the didn't have nearly as many features. One they didn't have is the chest strao which constantly monitors your heart rate rather you have to push a button to have it measure your heart rate at only that moment in time.

Here's a link to what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/SIGMA-Heart-Ra.../dp/B000S6HE6O

Like one of the reviewers said the watch is really big, but if you don't plan to use it as your everyday watch it's not a big deal. The display is very easy to read, so I like that part of it.

annettemarie - great job with the potluck!
emmasmommy is offline  
#775 of 777 Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I just figured the devil egg was probably full of bad stuff like... um... a little bit of mayo. OK, I may not be as bad ass as I though. I should have had two. I do love me a deviled egg.

Congrats on all the losses and clothes fitting.
well, they're like 2pt i think,even with full fat mayo. i love them, too! and egg season is coming up!! :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#776 of 777 Old 03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
 
*Aimee*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to thank you all for the support. I have NOT weighed in two days! I will not weigh till Friday!! I'm also just going to realize that if my weight loss is slower than others, at least I'm not gaining.

We went to a kids fair yesterday that was SO LAME! We had to pay a 5 bucks a person to get in, just to have booths where people tried to sell you stuff. We waited in line for 45 min. for face painting. The whole reason we went was to see Dorah, and we had to pay to see her! DH is 6'6 so he put Rune up on his shoulders so he could see him. It was lame. We were gone all day and I was so hungry when I got home, but I did not binge. I had a fiber one bar (thanks for recommending them, found 'em at costco!).

Hazel, that's awesome!!

Annettemarie: Great job on resisting temptation.

Today I had eggs and bacon and fruit salad for breakfast. And fully on points!

Oh and yesterday, I treated myself to starbucks after not having it for a week, and I didn't even like it!! I'm successfully weaning off
*Aimee* is offline  
#777 of 777 Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
 
Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay Aimee! that's awesome!

It's always a bummer when you try to do something fun for the kids and it turns out to be lame!

and come join us over in the March thread!
Hazel is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off