March Weight Watcher -- Losing Our Shamrocks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Please feel free to introduce yourself (or keep any information private if you choose):

Name:
Starting Weight:
Current Weight:
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one):

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own?

Do you follow another special diet at the same time?

Do you have a WW goal for March?
This shouldn't be an amount of weight that you are hoping/praying/wishing to drop this month, but an action that you plan to start taking, increase, or become more consistant about. This is something that you will help you reach a healthy weight and then maintain it, and it is something that is reasonable for you at this time, and something that is completely in your control. It could be related to tracking, GHG, exercise, trying new recipes or foods, and so on.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#2 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Name: Linda
Starting Weight: 205
Current Weight: 140.6
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 137

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? meetings

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? no

28+ AP per week. I've been getting 24-28, and I'm going to be more consistant

Try 1 new recipe a week. I'm to explore whole grains in new ways this month

#3 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Tracy
Starting Weight: 167
Current Weight: 162 (first week)
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): we'll see. between 129-132

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? on my own

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? I've cut all liquid dairy for ds. I also only eat organic, freerange meats and eggs. Organic freerange meats tend to be pretty expensive so I have to get creative for meals a majority of the time as I only have one meat dish per week. I push fiber A LOT using powder supplement in my water and meals. I've boycotted (for years now) fast food of any kind, caffine, carbonated drinks, and have NEVER allowed myself to have alcohol. I tend to be an all or nothin kind of eater so I had to eliminate certain things from my diet completely. Glad I did it! I only use daily pts 6 days out of the week. On the 7th day (day of my choosing) instead of using the weekly extra pts I allow myself the entire day of freedom from counting. I just don't allow myself to go too crazy. No eating till I feel sick in other words. It worked for me the last time and helped to keep me sane!

Do you have a WW goal for March? make headway on the deep rooted body image issues so I can better tackle my bingeing urges. I don't want to leave my internal issues untouched and have another ww crash and burn like my last go at it 2 years ago (lost 35lbs then eventually gained back 40).

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#4 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Linda, we weight the same and we have the same goal weight! I'll post more later.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#5 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 AM

Name: Melissa
Starting Weight: 202.8
Current Weight: 191.2
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 175

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? meetings

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? No, but we do eat pretty carefully around here as ds1 has a number of food allergies/sensitivities.

More of a fitness goal -- I signed up for Ironman at the Y! This means that we have to finish all the various segments (two miles of swimming, etc.) in two weeks for a gold, four weeks for a silver, six weeks for a bronze. I don't know how I'm going to get it all in, as I'm also taking hi-lo cardio three times a week, and am training for a 5K in May! I haven't been a fitness buff before and I am really enjoying it -- I just have to figure out the timing and think I may have to (gasp) get up early in the morning before dh leaves for work to get the Ironman stuff done. It might be too much in which case I don't mind letting it go -- I'll still be exercising 5-6 days a week
#6 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Name: Natasha
Starting Weight: 218.2
Current Weight: 212
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 169

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? Meetings

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? No

To be better at getting in all the ghg, there are many days that I come up short. I've been playing around with my exercise routines, and while I'm quite active, it's hard to get up to 28 AP mostly due to time constraints - I can't do a really long workout, so I am going to work on increasing the intensity of my workouts to build up to 28AP a week.
#7 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Name: Rosemary
Starting Weight: 153.4 (back in June '08 starting 8 weeks pp. I got down to 145 on the plan then couldn't pay for it anymore and went off, but did manage to lose another bit of weight. I started the Feb. WW thread at 143.8.)
Current Weight: 140.8
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 137? Will reconsider.

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? IT'S HARDLY ON MY OWN WITH THIS THREAD! But I'm not enrolled.

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? I do Spark People. Points can get confusing to me and my tiny mind.

Do you have a WW goal for March? Well. I'm pretty close to my goal. But it's been really hard to get below 141, which was my pre-preg weight. I got below it at today's wi: I would like to exit the 140s this month.

#8 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Name: Nina
Starting Weight: 135
Current Weight: 123

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own?

No.

To learn to maintain my weight without feeling hungry and to improve my body composition by rededicating myself to strength training.
#9 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 PM

Name: Christina
Starting Weight: 169
Current Weight: 157
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 140

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? On my own, with support of this awesome group, of course! I also have "meetings" via email with non-MDC friends/family who are following WW

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? No, but I use as little processed/convenience food as possible. And I eat vegetarian probably 75% of the time.

I was already eating pretty healthy foods, I have "just" had to change my portions and mindless snacking habits. Where I haven't done as well is increasing my activity. So, I'm aiming to earn 15 AP/week in March. Not a lot for some people, but much more than I'm currently doing!

Christina, proud mama of 2 strong, brilliant, creative, kind, beautiful girls from A to Z. Wife of 11 years to best friend and awesome papa, Brian. :::
#10 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 03:28 PM

Name: My name is Maria & I'm addicted to our WW threads
Starting Weight: 168
Current Weight: 146.5 Total lost 21.5
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): My first mini goal is almost here I'm just .5 away from reaching it!!! For now I'll say that my lifetime goal is 135. But honestly I'm not sure. I'm thinking somewhere around 125-135, but I'm open. I can't really put a number on it. It's more about how I look/feel, & I'm really interested in improving my fitness level & toning everything up.

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? I do it on my own. I have material from when I have been an official member which has been a few times in the last 10 years.
Do you follow another special diet at the same time? I try to follow a mostly whole foods lifestyle. I avoid processed foods, hfcs, partially hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, MSG, & caffeine. I limit white flour, sugar & alcohol. We used to be almost 100% organic but finances are not allowing that at this time. My husband has recently experienced a pay cut & hours cut : (

Do you have a WW goal for March? Not really, I would like to get a heart rate monitor so that I can more carefully track my activity points. I feel like the points booster that I use to figure my activity points is not very accurate, because it is difficult for me to say if my workout is moderate or high intensity.

About me: I have done WW several times both at meetings & at home. I really feel like this time is my time. I feel like this time after I lose my weight, I will learn how to maintain it. That is where I usually lose it. I have never learned how to maintain & every time that I have been happy with my weight loss I have returned to my old ways & regained the weight. I know that I can maintain it. I'm comfortable with having my journal live on my counter for the rest of my life. I love the program & I know it works. I look forward to learning how maintenance is done, from all of you wise ones. Last year from May-Sept I lost 20lbs, with WW at home & going to the gym. Then we took a vacation to Disney & I stopped WW & exercise, I just didn't want to get back into it. I ate whatever I wanted during the holidays & baked dozens of cookies & ate lots of them. I gained 10 lbs back. At the beginning of January 09 I started WW again. Then 3 weeks later I got my butt back to the gym. I'm 0.5 away from my weight before our trip, I've lost 8.5 lbs since I've got my act back together. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week to group fitness classes including, kick boxing, sculpting, step aerobics, zumba & butt kicking Fridays. I would like continue to do the group fitness but also go out of my comfort zone and better acquaint myself with the workout equipment at the gym. I'd also like to eventually get myself back to doing C25K. Which I never completed the last time.

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#11 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM

Name: Amy
Starting Weight: 199 (postpartum with #3- October 21st)
Current Weight: 172.8
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 161 - possibly less, but let's start with that
Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? I go to meetings- MUST go to meetings- MUST be accountable (I know, I have no self-discipline )
Do you follow another special diet at the same time? No, this is plenty for me to worry about!
Do you have a WW goal for March? I"m hoping that the weather will turn nicer so that I can get back out and run some more. I'd like to do an "Undy 5000" at the end of March (that's a 5K race you do in your "undies" )
#12 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Name: Aimee
Starting Weight: 304 but since starting WW this month it's 295
Current Weight: 286
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 125

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? I do it on my own. My mother lost 100 lbs and still religiously goes to meetings. So she copied all her stuff for me and bought me a points calculator and answers all my questions

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? Not really, but we do try to eat all whole foods, very few refined grains or sugars, I try to make most of our stuff. I'm trying to get us closer and closer to eating a Tradtional Foods lifestyle.

Do you have a WW goal for March? my goal is to get DS to sleep, so I can sleep, so I can lose weight.
#13 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM

Name: Lynn
Starting Weight: 268
Current Weight: 260
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 160, but in reality, once I hit a size 16, I'll be happy. I'm just tired of shopping in the plus size sections. I just want to be able to buy XLs and have them fit. (and not 1X, which is bigger).

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? On-line. My health insurance pays for it. : I think they'll pay at least 9 months. If it's working, I'll be willing to spring for it after that.

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? Nope.

Increase my veggie intake from 2 to 3 servings a day. Right now I get 1-2 servings, and it really should be 3. I'd like to get to a point where I have 5 servings of veggies and 3 of fruit a day. That would be much healthier. But I'll start small with 3.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#14 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM

*I'll post in Feb*

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#15 of 662 Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Annette
Starting Weight:206
Current Weight: 186
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one):140 (I think)

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? online

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? nope, but we try to eat whole foods whenever possible

Do you have a WW goal for March? 5 pounds

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#16 of 662 Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Name: Brandi
Starting Weight:
Current Weight:
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): I don't have a set goal, I just want to feel healthy and comfortable with my body.

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? on line

Do you have a WW goal for March? keep going to the gym 3-4 days a week

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#17 of 662 Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 PM

I absolutely love this group. I think I've finally found my tribal HOME on MDC! :

Name: Shanna
Starting Weight: 257.4
Current Weight: 244.6
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): 179 (I'm 5'11", that's the top weight, and I'll reevaluate when I get there.)

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? Was doing it on my own, going to meetings starting today. WI day is Saturday. I've done WW 3 times before, and every time I've gotten pregnant. WW is like my anti-birth control. NOT this time!

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? No, but I need to cut out corn and wheat due to allergic reactions. I may cut out wheat in a few weeks, if I can get myself prepared physically and emotionally.

Do you have a WW goal for March? I want to lose 8 pounds in March. I also want to stick to the GHG's better than I have been, up the fruits and veggies and water, and get my 2 tsp. pourable oils in every day.
#18 of 662 Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM

Name: Pamela
Starting Weight: this time? 200.4
Current Weight: 196.4
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): i'd love to be 135, or even 125, but i haven't seen that in so many years i will settle for under 160 right now. even under 190.

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? on my own

Do you have a WW goal for March? i'd like to be under 190. i would like to up my gym attendance and challenge myself more when i do go, and get off my lazy duff and work out at home on the days i don't go to the gym. maybe even say YES next time someone asks me to go hiking with them!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#19 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 AM

I'm illin' like a villain over here. Not used up my points in two days. Maybe I'll lose weight, or maybe I'll go into the *mythical* starvation mode and not lose weight. Whatever. I feel like bung and DS has the same thing. I'm sickly and have a sickly, small child. Sigh. It's probably SARS or Bird Flu or The Plague.

Well, happy March to you. (haha)

#20 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry that you have The Plague!!1 Take care of yourself (and your little one) and don't worry about WW while you are sick. The plan will still be here when you get well.

#21 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Name:Michele
Starting Weight: 237
Current Weight: 184
Lifetime Goal (if you've set one): Right now 125, but if 115 is doable..then 115

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own?online

I'm diary free. Due to PCOS, I also try to follow the IR diet.

Exercise regularly. Get back on the couch 2 5k program and add more strength exercises in. Do some kind of exercise every day, even if it's just the wii fit. Eat salads with lunch and dinner...every day.
#22 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 AM

Good morning everyone! March is finally here. Wow.

Name: Jen
Starting Weight: 195
Current Weight: 185.8
Goal Weight: 137

Do you do WW through meetings, on-line, or on your own? I WI at a center but I haven't been to a formal meeting in a few weeks. I'm meeting up with the other locavore mamas on WW outside meetings instead. I'm going to try to hit Tuesday morning's meeting. And I am subscribed to etools for help too. Plus, I love looking at my chart.

Do you follow another special diet at the same time? I'm a locavore. I try to stay within a 250 mile range for food. And I make a lot of my own stuff like bread and cheese.

Do you have a WW goal for March? I want to be out of the 180s this month. My first 10% is 175. I'd love to be within site of that. A non-weight goal is to be walking around on our trails by the end of the month, when the snow hopefully melts and I can get the stroller out there again. Another nonweight goal is to fiddle around in the kitchen and see if I can make a homemade version of Fiber One bars without the HFCS.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#23 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 AM

Michele, has it sunk in with you that you've lost more than 50 POUNDS?? Do you realize how amazing that is?? I'm so proud to know you. That is a huge accomplishment!! How do you feel?

Oh and Hazel, I'm going to give TTCing a real try when I'm in the mid 140s. Next week, I need to make annual appointments with my doctors for May-June and if my back is ok, I'm going to start TTCing this summer. I'm waiting for my health planets to align properly.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#24 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
I'm a locavore. I try to stay within a 250 mile range for food. And I make a lot of my own stuff like bread and cheese.

Another nonweight goal is to fiddle around in the kitchen and see if I can make a homemade version of Fiber One bars without the HFCS.
Jen, I am trying to start eating more locally, too, though it's really hard! Baby steps, though. At least i've stopped eating tomatoes in the winter
anyway, I picked up our local food guide and lo and behold, there is a chart in there showing what fruits/veggies are available locally throughout the year!
Here is a question for you:
there are no fruits available locally at all, in april. and the rest of the year, depending on the time of year, all that's available is berries, melon, and apples. i'd go utterly ape trying to do the local thing, with fruit. what would you do if it was you? especially in april? freeze stuff? eat dried?

also, if you get a fiber one bar recipe, please do share! especially if it has chocolate and ends up being only 2 points!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#25 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Fruit year round is a hard one for Michigan too!

Here's what I curently do: lots of no sugar/low sugar homemade jams. Raspberry is my favorite. It's hard for me to think of "jam" as a fruit but when it's only fruit, a tiny bit of sugar, and some lemonjuice it pretty much is a fruit serving. I make mine in half pints and use about 1 a day. I buy bulk local frozen fruit when our farms have it ready every year.

This year: I bought myself a Food Saver. I intend to freeze much more fruit like blackberries, raspberries, blueberries for year round consumption. And I'm stalking some of the sites MDC mamas have shared with good quality food dehydrators. I'm growing a variety of tomato that is supposed to be the most excellent dried tomato grown. It'll be fabulous on homemade pizzas. And I want to dry apples and cranberries and maybe even try some grapes. I want to do mroe fruit smoothies.

I can about a hundred quarts of tomatoes and then make my own salsa and tomato sauce too.

This year, I'm going to learn how to pressure can veggies like peas and corn, in addition to freezing it.

I'm learning from MDC that some big investments now in food saving will yield healthier food and huge savings next year!

#26 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 PM

And my foodie confession of the day: I do have organic bananas on my kitchen counter, Maia. Oh heck. No one's perfect.

#27 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM

Jen if you figure out a homemade Fiber One bar alternative, will you please share your recipe? I'd love it!

my little one did not sleep well last night. she is still having a fever. poor thing
I notice if I dont get good sleep, my back hurts really bad in the morning.
not feeling so great today.
#28 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 PM

AKwifeandmomma, we are the same height! I am actually 5' 10-3/4"

Oddly, when I did WW back in the early 90s, my/their goal weight was 155. I got down to about 170 and seemed *really* skinny.

Speaking of locavores, I went to a CSA meeting yesterday that I'm joining for this year. We belonged to another CSA for the last couple of years and I hate to leave because I like the farmer, a single lady, but she was SO disorganized and it was just hard to do. I'm excited about the new one and am thinking of buying a freezer so I can put up some stuff over the summer. I will have a lot to learn from you ladies!
#29 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Ooo Melissa!

You're really tall! You're like supermodel tall.

I'm an odd height. I'm right between a regular and a tall in pants. So the regular lengths are always too short and the talls are teench too long. I used to make a friend laugh because I always took my pants to a tailor and she didn't know tailors still existed...
And welcome to your new CSA!

I'm been ruminating on the Fiber One bars for awhile. It's the HFCS that holds them together and HFCS is less sticky/tacky than honey. I've been trying to figure out what to make them with so they'd be portable without a giant mess. So far, I've come up with reduced balsamic vinegar but "vinegar" flavored Fiber One bars doesn't exactly grab me. Anyone?

#30 of 662 Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 PM

yeah, No Jen. vinegar fiber one bars...no thanks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page