30 Day Shred - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 133 Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've done it 6 times now I think. The first week - didn't do it every day- I was sore. I've done it the last 3 nights and while I'm only on level 1 and it kicks my butt, I do not feel sore during the day anymore. I'm going to keep trying to at least do it every weekday until I can get through level 3.

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

#122 of 133 Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
Oh... my... God. I am the most out-of-shape skinny person in the entire world. I'm surprised I can even type. I just tried to "jog" down the stairs and my legs nearly locked up on me.

I should work out in my bathing suit, maybe it'll motivate me.

Crikey. I have to do that again tomorrow???
*snort*

The first time I did it, my husband offered to take me to the gym, and I said, "Nah, I'm going to try this new video..." In my head, I am still in the shape I was in 15 years ago, when I was diving, dancing, swimming, and doing gymnastics...working out at least four hours a day doing something... that's in my head. So I did the most vigorous level of exercise--deepest squats, etc.

I finished the entire twenty minutes (to my surprise, I thought I was going to die instead). When my husband got home 45 mins later, I was laying cross wise on the couch, with my head at a funny angle. It hurt, but I really couldn't move to adjust it... my husband came in and looked at me funny. I asked him to get me some water. He looked at me even more strangely. He said, "How long is that video? I wasn't gone that long!" And then, when I couldn't do the stairs for a week without wincing (at the very least) he would just roll his eyes and keep walking. *sigh* NOT in the shape I was in 15 years ago--but I'm working on it!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#123 of 133 Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM

I actually LIKE level 3 although it still kind of kills me each time (Yes, Jillian, I am Sca-reaming) I like that it's short but very effective and I like that the exercises are different than any I"ve done in other classes or videos. I'm not doing it every day because I'm doing other things too, but it's great when I want to get something in and my kids can usually do without any major breakdowns for at least that long!
#124 of 133 Old 05-04-2009, 11:28 PM

Is anyone still doing this in May? I just ordered it, and it should be here in a couple of days. I'm excited to try it, though I've gotten a little scared reading all these stories! I am so out of shape these days, it's appalling. I'm determined to get back into shape!
#125 of 133 Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 PM

My copy should be here tomorrow from Amazon and then yes, I am doing this in May. I am freakishly out of shape as well. ;-) I was SO fit a couple years ago, but not right now!!!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#126 of 133 Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Still doing it and LOVING it. I'm hooked. I do it almost every day and often do a combo of level 2 & 3. On days off I hike or run.

I'm only in my 3rd week and discovered today I've lost 3 pounds. Not a huge deal but I haven't been able to lose a single pound in over 8 yrs no matter what I did. I'm also a size 6 again for the first time in that long so I'm definitely losing inches though I haven't measured.

And even more important to me than all that is how I feel better than I have in yrs, more energized, happier, more balanced, and stronger.

Jillian is rocking my world...

ETA, I should say I have NEVER been particularly fit in my 37 yrs, and never enjoyed any kind of exercise besides walking and yoga until now; even with those I have zero discipline. It still shocks me each day I actually get up and *want* to put this dvd on.
#127 of 133 Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM

thats great to hear! I received mine in the mail and am trying to convince myself to do it when B naps...

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#128 of 133 Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 PM

AUGH! It could take another TWO weeks to get here : Canada is NOT that far from the US. Friggin' Canada Post...

I'm not sure I'll be so excited once it gets here though.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#129 of 133 Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM

HOLY GAWD. I barely got through level 1. Most of it was not too tough for me except the first section. I had a rough time, but I was using like 6 lb weights and it was a bit much. So I just used 2.5 lb plates and that was a good start.

I am so out of shape. I keep thinking back about 5 years when middle one was a baby and I was t.u.f.f. I want so badly to get back to that!

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#130 of 133 Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
Jillian is rocking my world...

ETA, I should say I have NEVER been particularly fit in my 37 yrs, and never enjoyed any kind of exercise besides walking and yoga until now; even with those I have zero discipline. It still shocks me each day I actually get up and *want* to put this dvd on.
Me too! I am loving her. For some reason I really like her workouts. I've never found something that I really liked that much but I'm loving this. :

This week I'm doing 30day shred and the blast fat one but... Yesterday I was so busy I skipped and today I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It's dh's b-day though, so I don't mind. I was supposed to do the blast fat workout today but now I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the kids settled long enough to do it. Maybe I'll find time for the 30 day shred workout instead.
#131 of 133 Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Should we start a new thread for May?

I'm on day 3. I've had to take a day off in between the workouts so far because I've been so sore! I could barely walk down the stairs. I think it's subsiding, but then today I went up to level 2, so I'll probably be hobbling around tomorrow. Level 2 didn't look so hard until I tried doing it!

I need to get a yoga mat or something for level 2. All those moves in plank position didn't work well with the carpet I was on. I was sliding all over and it made it a lot harder to keep going! Maybe I'll try it with shoes on. I've just been barefoot because I do it on a heavily padded carpeted floor. But shoes would probably stop the slipping!

Anyone else feel like they need to do more than just the 20-minute workout? I'm going to try to get a good walk in today!
#132 of 133 Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM

I started a May thread (did someone else too?)

I don't know if this will let you link to it or not...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...6#post13749446
#133 of 133 Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM

I had NO idea I was this out of shape.

Quick question - I just started doing the DVD, and I'm wondering if I'm keeping my movements to form, kwim?

How do you make sure your body is aligned, or not all crooked while you're working out? So far everything feels right, but I'm wondering if I'm all half-assing it without knowing?

Oh, and I (also) almost fell walking up the stairs - totally brutal!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page