5 lbs in June, let's go :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm having a good day! So far, I've made great eating choices. Hope I can keep it up.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I am so mad. I got hurt at work today. A shelf fell on my calf and gave me a deep bruise. I think my calf muscle is fine, but this will really slow down my progress. I will be less inclined to work hard just because it is sore. We will have to see in the morning how bad it feels.

Plus I am just feeling bad which makes me eat for comfort. Luckily there is nothing junky in the house because I need to grocery shop.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 AM

This morning I did a 25 minute walk and I ate a healthy smoothie for breakfast! Yesterday, I did good with the eating choices and exercise.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Thursday I weighed in at 187 so that is my starting point. And 187 is also my 55lb mark. : So 5 lbs this month will put me at 60 down. This week has been hot and cold. Birthday party (with cake) on friday: bad Nice jog and salad Saturday: good Sleeping in and bedtime snacks on Sunday: bad Another nice jog on Monday: good So having trouble staying motivated

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Down to 120 this morning . Worked out 6x last week, including a race on Saturday. This week I did a spin class/3 mile run and Boot Camp class so far. Need to focus more on eating well and not bingeing.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today was good. My calf doesn't hurt to walk on, it is just super bruised. I'm gonna go ice it in a minute for good measure.

I had hummus and whole wheat pita chips for lunch, and tacos for supper, pretty good for me.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Old 06-10-2009, 02:46 AM

I'm doing just okay with food choices this week. Not terrible, but not great. AF comes, and I cut myself some slack...too much??? We'll have to see, at least I'm not eating for a small village like some months. I'm at the lowest weight I've been at during AF, I just need to keep the downward trend going.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Oh I am so mad. I got hurt at work today. A shelf fell on my calf and gave me a deep bruise. I think my calf muscle is fine, but this will really slow down my progress. I will be less inclined to work hard just because it is sore. We will have to see in the morning how bad it feels.
Oh injuries really stink when trying to lose weight/ get in shape! Here's hoping you feel better soon. I know, in March I broke my arm and then a few weeks later got a bad sprain on my ankle. heh!

I really feel that I"m able to say: I'm back! I'm feeling mostly up to my normal self. Yeehoo. My weight's been hovering in a zone, but I'm officially weighing in on Weds mornings only now (first thing in the am). I'm 227.6 on a 5'3ish frame, and here I start. I'm doing a big melting pot of methods here, but the thing is baby steps to the goal, so here I am. One of the things I'm doing is fitdaying everything I eat. I also like their little activities center and use that as a rough guideline for my eating "budget." I'm not doing everything as they say since I'm trying to eat TF, but it's a good plan. Having to log or journal or somehow keep track of everything that goes into my mouth really is eye opening for me, and I know it is for alot of people. Everytime I journal what I eat, I do better. When I just so-so it, I can sure tell!

I'm giving up on a regular weekday workout routine since I just can't get a consistent wake-up time with DD still nursing all night. So I'm going to officially workout (using the Firm DVDs that I have) on weekends only and just make my weekday evenings more active. Such things as gardening, taking baby on a walk, running around and being silly with her, dancing and probably doing some sort of weight related/injury rehab "fun" stuff with the baby.

Good to see everyone here!

signature currently in transition
Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Okay.... I'm a little late to the party but I'm in! For the past few months I've just felt way too overextended to devote the energy to weight loss but I'm recommiting! Right now I'm 5'6" and 172.2 lbs. I would love to lose 20lbs but 5 in June is a great goal. I'm following WW at home and trying to exercise. I work 4 shifts a week as an RN running my butt off so that counts for something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimara View Post

I can pretty easily affect my weight by controlling diet and I can change my physique with exercise.
marimara - this is my new mantra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieMom View Post
Thursday I weighed in at 187 so that is my starting point. And 187 is also my 55lb mark. :
Wow PookieMom!
Old 06-13-2009, 02:23 AM

I'm stuck. I have been SO hungry this week!!! I haven't gained, but not losing either. I was doing really well with calorie intake for awhile, but it seems like for a week now I've been eating at least 2/3 of my caloric intake by noon. My activity level has increased, I've been fitting in at least two extra workouts a week...maybe that's why I'm hungry.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:23 AM

I am down a lb! I really only want to lose 2 or 3 more. Then I'll probably get pg again and get nice and round! But better to start off at a good weight. I was worried about starting out a pregnancy at my normal 4 month mark!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:19 PM

I'm in too! I'm at 139 down from 153. Goal is 130. Trying to be realistic on making a goal as prepregnancy I was 19. Now I am 30 and have been pregnant or postpartum most of that time. At 19 I weighed 115, but I wouldn't want to weigh that again. I am way way stronger now too.
I was loosing steadily feb. until April but then haven't lost anything since beginning of may! So frustrating. I need to track again and just deal with the tediousness for a little longer and I know it will happen!
Checking in here really helps:

y
Old 06-14-2009, 03:13 PM

anyone elses weight fluctuate a ton???????!!!!

i can have a 4-5lb difference depending on what day it is. ugh

DS 5-11-06
Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 PM

OK, halfway through the month now and I'm only down 0.5 lbs- argh...

However, I have been making better eating choices this month, getting better at watching portions, more whole foods and less processed foods- baby steps. I was *too* gung-ho with the exercise 10 days or so ago and had an unwelcome return of lochia as a result (so frustrating, since I feel so energetic), but now it has finally stopped again, so I intend to up my activity level- only more gradually this time!!

I've been tracking my weight every day on spark people, and have been tracking my eating on the days when I'm seeing an upward trend. It has been helpful and eye-opening to see the exact calories I'm taking in. I've noticed that I do okay until about 5 pm, and then everything goes downhill. So I'm chewing gum more to curb my constant snacking urges.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
Old 06-14-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post

Are you weighing yourself at the same time, same scale and same clothes when you do this? If so, then your scale is broken. If not, then do the above and you should not be fluctuating that much, maybe a pound but that would be it.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post

I can fluctuate a bit, usually 1-2 lbs, and it's pretty predictable...right after ovulation, and then with AF. I agree with PP, I weigh myself in the morning after I pee, with no clothes on.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Can I join?

I started getting serious with my weight loss attempts on June 1, so I am at the 2 week mark. I am doing a modified low carb (taken from the Core diet that Weight Watchers used to have, which I had success with). Lots of lean meat, eggs, and fruits and veggies.

I have not been doing great with working out, but I am getting some exercise every day. I walked a 5K on Friday and beat my time by 10 minutes from one I did on May 9. I am also doing the elliptical at home almost every day and some workout DVD's but not as often as I should.

So:

Starting weight: 183
Today's weight: 178.6
Total Loss - 4.4

I'm content with that, but not thrilled.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 PM

delphine- You should be VERY happy with your weight loss so far, over 4 pounds in 2 weeks is alot! Sounds like what you are doing is working great, stick with it.:
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Hey everybody! I started a new job today, so I have to be so so so careful not to eat from the stress. After one day, they have my desk so full I could just scream.

Anyway, I have lost about 3 lbs this month so far. I haven't been running so much lately but I have been careful about eating (mostly).
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansmummy View Post
delphine- You should be VERY happy with your weight loss so far, over 4 pounds in 2 weeks is alot! Sounds like what you are doing is working great, stick with it.:
Thank you for the support!

I am getting frustrated so easily. In 2006, I did WW and lost 70 pounds. Since then (around July 2006), I have gained 30 back. When I did WW, I lost 9 pounds the first week, 5 the next, and I was pretty consistent with 3 pounds a week for the first few months. Soooo, I think I am still expecting those huge numbers.

This time, I KNOW I don't have as much to lose and I am not exercising as much as I was, so my brain knows I should be losing at a slower rate, but it's very discouraging.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Hello All!

I would like to join in too! I know, it's middle of June...but wanna join in regardless.

I started going to gym for the first time in my life for about two months. I went yesterday after not going for two weeks and I weigh myself...and was so stunned to see my weight (in a bad way!)...

I am now 156 and I want to lose 20lbs by October. So, I figured 5 lb a month works well!!

I will post more later...

Nice to join you all!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
Old 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM

I've lost one lb this week. Not terrible but not as great as I'd hoped. Yesterday was a bad day too. I even found myself at McDonalds! My 5YO DD had never been there in her whole life. After an experience of over two hours at the pediatrician's office, complete with two sets of x-rays, when DD was screaming and throwing herself on the floor, I used Mickey D's as my final bargaining chip. Not proud of myself but it got her to stop crying and to cooperate for more x-rays. I was so hungry myself after the appointment, I succumbed to eating that food too. It was actually more disgusting than I had remembered and I felt sick afterward. DS (2.5YO) also managed to get his milkshake all over the inside of the car. Anyway, today is a new day, and we will all eat better.

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 PM

I've got about nine days left in my month, and I only need to lose one more pound to meet my five pounds in a month goal. Earning/losing my skinny clothes is a great motivator. Hoping to get that pound off so I can start over for a new month without losing a beloved piece of clothing!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 AM

How do you guys say no to crappy foods (but oh so tasty) when you're traveling or have company? My mom has been out here this week and while we've been eating semi healthy there's also been a lot of junk. There's going to be tons at my MIL's this weekend too and I honestly have no willpower. I'll tell myself have some veggies or have a small piece, you don't need 178 cookies, but I always end up eating way more than I meant to, no matter what I tell myself. This is hwy I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 AM

I am not doing so good at this, DH has decided watching DS for the 30-60 min that I try to use to workout is to hard because I am breast feeding and he cant just go get him bottle, I am having a hard time eating right because of stress so yeah im not going to get to my goal I think maybe I should just give up until DS stops breastfeeding.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:52 AM

I'm eating well, and exercising, but the scale isn't showing much progress. I'm still -2 for the month.

Pogo ~ how old is your DS? Once they start to space out their nursing a little more it becomes much easier. I was able to squeeze in an hour workout by the time DD2 was around 8 months old. You don't need to give up exercise until he weans .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo0685 View Post
I am not doing so good at this, DH has decided watching DS for the 30-60 min that I try to use to workout is to hard because I am breast feeding and he cant just go get him bottle, I am having a hard time eating right because of stress so yeah im not going to get to my goal I think maybe I should just give up until DS stops breastfeeding.
I think you need to have a talk with your DH. I know it may be hard for him to watch the baby with you nursing, but he can make the baby content. How about they take a walk, play with toys, read a book really anything to keep baby happy. It can be done 30 mins is not too long for a baby to be away from mommy so mommy can be healthy. Tell him this is important and if 60 mins is too long try to figure out how to keep your workouts to 30 mins.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june'smom View Post

Anyway, I have lost about 3 lbs this month so far. I haven't been running so much lately but I have been careful about eating (mostly).
Great Job!

I'm frustrated. I knew I would plateau eventually but it is so disheartening. I've been at 187 for two weeks now. I am just finishing up week 7 of the c25k plan (jogging 25 minutes) and eating pretty well so why am I stuck? Has anyone else plateaued yet? How do you get your body to jump start again? This month is half way gone and I have gotten nowhere. *sigh*

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 AM

PookieMom,

Am I reading your sig line correctly in that you've lost almost 50 pounds already? That's terrific!

I know how frustrating plateaux can be. A few years ago, I lost close to 70 pounds. It seemed like I stayed in the 180's FOREVER!!!. It was so frustrating. It helped me to change up my diet a bit. I did WW Core plan, so there was a list of foods I could eat. I would find myself eating the same things over and over again. So, I would pour over the recipe books and try to cook something different for a few days.

Also, are you measuring inches lost or just weight? I found that it helped to measure inches. You might be losing inches. You are almost at the end of the C25K, so your body is working really hard.

Give it some time and I am sure you will see the pounds shred away again. Usually, when I would start losing again after a plateau, I would lose like 5-7 pounds in one week.

Good luck and hang in there!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 PM

Just weighted in and this month I have lost a totally of 2.7 pounds! I am down to 104.1! I am so happy with myself.:

User Tag List