May '09 DDC Weight Loss Accountability Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all! I have another pound of two gone. I'd know more specificly if I had a digital scale.....anyway I am fitting into a couple more of my pre-preg pants (size 10's) so thats encouraging. I was saying earlier that DH was on board. He has started spark'ing his food intake so I am trying to be good so he can't lord it over me!! Eating a lot of salads and fruit and green smoothies.

I feel totally ready to exercise but am finding it impossible. The weather is NASTY and any time I have a free second its spent in laundry and cleaning. I don't yet get a block of time (nap) to myself, so the baby is always on me. Dh and I are trying to commit to working out to a video at night and alternating days, but the kids have both been going to bed so late that its been impossible. We've been getting in some evening, ahem, workouts in other ways though!!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#62 of 88 Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Well, I've been holding steady at 168, so I guess my grand total loss for June is 1.5 lbs. Much less than what I wanted, but at least it's a little progress. I'm fitting into some pre-pg shorts finally though, so I guess things are rearranging in a good way even if the scale isn't budging much.

Planning to just keep doing the WW points thing since it seems to be working well (albeit slowly) for me, and gardening, trampoline, and swimming for exercise. And a few of the workouts April mentioned now and then, those are always great for variety in exercise!

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#63 of 88 Old 06-29-2009, 11:51 PM

No workout of that variety going on here and hasn't been for the last two months or so

I haven't even tried to fit into old pants or shorts, I'm fairly certain they wouldn't fit. I'm sticking with gauchos and skirts mostly. I lost another pound so I have 25lbs. to go, adding to a total loss of 25lbs. so far.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#64 of 88 Old 06-30-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

I just worked out!!! :

My ds1 was happily playing with play dough and ds2 was pretty sound asleep on me so I carefully put him down on the couch and turned on my video on demand and found a 10 minute buns and thighs workout and it kicked my BUTT. But I have that familiar feeling of satisfaction and soreness and it ROCKS! I am a workout addict once I get started. I think its reasonable to sneak in a 10 minute workout every day. Not a huge commitment and will help me get back in that habit of making it a daily goal.

Had a big chef salad for lunch too. Yumm.

#65 of 88 Old 07-02-2009, 03:56 PM

JUmping in ohn this kind of late.

For some reason ever since S was born I crave chocolate and junk food. Chocolate cake with lots of frosting, oreos, and snack cakes. I don't know why I don't normally LIKE that stuff. I usually love salads and fruit and am pretty healthy. Now I don't want any of it.

Also my job before baby was pretty active and I haven't gone back to work yet so Im just sitting around doing nothing.

I gained about 35 lbs with this pregnancy and I am only 6 pounds less than I was. Considering the baby was 8 lbs this means I GAINED weight since the baby was born.

Ive been trying to work out and eat more healthfully. I got the brilliant idea to start making smoothies with some protein powder for snacks instead of things like peanut butter crackers and granola bars. Im not so worried about calorie intake as I am about just eliminating the junk from my diet. Im constantly hungry since Ive been nursing so I just want to eat good stuff when Im hungry instead of going for the Oreos.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#66 of 88 Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 PM

I hear you on the junk food! In my case, even if I don't buy any, my in-laws who live next door are usually offering me ice cream or cookies or something. It's hard to turn down when I'm over there so much.

I just broke down and bought a postnatal workout DVD. I've been afraid to use my old workout DVDs because I've read stuff about how doing the wromg kind of exercise can worsen abdominal separation. So once the DVD gets here I will have no excuse.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#67 of 88 Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I had 2 days of working out and now my LO won't sleep (off me) for a morning nap. So much for that! And I have been snacking a lot. He seems to be nursing a lot so I think its another growth spurt. I keep bouncing back and forth between 147 and 150 for the last few weeks. Seems like whether I eat a lot or a little it doesn't matter. So I'm just wating what I want for right now.

My goal weight is 135.

#68 of 88 Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 PM

Lotus blossom I hear you on not having time to work out! I have been doing (no cry) sleep training with DD and I have literally been in her room 10 hrs a day getting her to sleep and staying with her while she sleeps.

For 2 weeks I have been hardcore about eating healthy. Less grains and no desserts and healthy snacks and I have lost 3 lbs! The more I lose the better willpower I have. I fit into another pair of my pants, albeit with a muffin top. I've been running 3x a week but life is getting crazier because I start back to work tomorrow. So we'll see if I can keep up the running. It makes my back feel so much better so that is insentive!

We create our own reality.
#69 of 88 Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

So far I've lost 23 pounds at 5 weeks post partum. I want to lose 25-30 more to get to my goal weight. I have been good about walking (when it's nice out, this rainy streak is not what I need) and staying on my feet at home. I am still not fitting into pre-preg pants, and feel uncomfortable in my old shirts. Actually, most of those don't fit over my boobs!

After my 6 wk check-up, I am going to try to do one exercise video and one walk per day. I am also going to track my food, though I've done well with not snacking and eating much healthier than I did while pregnant.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#70 of 88 Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM

bumping

So how is everyone doing? I've had a much better month this month, without trying as hard as I was in June (not tracking WW points, just watching portions and exercising more). I think my body just likes to hold onto the baby fat for a little while when first breastfeeding.

I've got about 9 pounds to go to get to pre-pg weight, and then 20 more pounds to get down to a healthy weight. Baby steps...

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#71 of 88 Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Am not doing well. Haven't lost much if any weight since the last time I posted...was 163.5 this AM. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, which is AWESOME and at least keeps me motivated to continue working out. My body shape seems to be changing at least...DH says it *looks* like I've lost weight, even though I haven't. My body fat has also gone down about 1%, so...baby steps. 25 lbs to pre-pg weight, 30+ to happy weight.

#72 of 88 Old 07-26-2009, 03:38 AM

Since my last update, 6 weeks ago, I've lost another 7 pounds : and now weigh 212lbs. Still have 57lbs to go til I'm at my ideal weight. But I am 4lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight which I'm happy about.

Pre-pregnancy: 216
Fully pregnant: 242
6 wks pp: 219
12 wks pp: 212
Goal: 155

To be honest, apart from breastfeeding, I haven't done anything to encourage my weight loss. I really need to start jogging and get my hand weights out from under the bed. And I'd really like to start playing social tennis, and do a weekly yoga class. I don't want to fiddle too much with my diet because I'm already dairy- and soy-free, and I need the calories to keep up my supply.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#73 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 02:31 AM

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#74 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Oooh. Thanks. I'll bite.

Anyone else having trouble kicking the lbs as we near the 1 year mark? I lost about 20 lbs right after birth, haven't dropped more than a pound or to since. UGh. That puts me 30 lbs overweight (at a minimum).

Now that spring is here, I've been spending all the time I can outside with the girls, and we walk about 2 miles a day, sometimes more. I'm still bf'ing a lot and eating to keep up. I also had a m/c just recently, so my hormones are still very much in wonky-land, but wow, I would really like to bid farewell to this extra baggage by summer time.

Anyone else? How are those sweet little munchkins? I miss my May DDC mamas...I think we had the best DDC ever.

#75 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 AM

I'm down 20 lbs from pregnancy weight which is still 20 lbs more than pre-pregnancy and about 40 overweight.
We have a thread going over in Life with a Babe. Several of us were talking about recent weight loss and one of us is expecting.

So sorry for your loss, lightheartedmom.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#76 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I'm down 20 lbs from pregnancy weight which is still 20 lbs more than pre-pregnancy and about 40 overweight.
We have a thread going over in Life with a Babe. Several of us were talking about recent weight loss and one of us is expecting.

So sorry for your loss, lightheartedmom.
I'll check out the LWAB thread.

Thanks for the hugs. I'm doing okay...it's a daily process I think.

#77 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 AM

I just joined Weight Watchers (again!). My weight loss plateaued down to pre-preg weight, but I was significantly overweight pre-preg, so I really need to lose quite a bit more.

In the last 2 weeks since joining WW I've lost 3 lbs. Actually, I lost 5lbs the first week, then gained 2lbs the next week due to Easter chocolate It's a journey, right?

I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#78 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Oh hey, it's me again! I was just checking for some fitness motivation and saw this group here. Yahoo.

I've lost the pregnancy weight but my proportions are all off. I need to lose at least 10lbs of fat. I'm getting very discouraged at this long process. I'm used to being very athletic and strong and able, this new body is a struggle. I'm getting there, just slowly.

This morning I just notice that my Y has fliers up for an indoor sprint tri that you can do whenever (just log the swim/run/bike miles). I think I'll sign up, the 'event' runs for a few days in May. The last tri I did was when I was 8 weeks preggo. I used to be able to do these things without having to train, now the 3 mile run will be murder, but of course, I can always walk.

I guess I'll mention what I currently do for exercise:
Play water polo 1x a week (will go up to 3x in the summer); been playing since college, love this sport!
Jog a few times a week with DH and baby
Weights a home, hapazardly
1x a week gym workout, good cardio workout, excellent weight workout.
Starving always, so constantly shoveling food in my mouth (obviously my biggest weightloss problem!!!)

I'll admit that I've been lagging on the jogging the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, this thread is great, hope we can keep it up and support each other!

lightheartedmom, so sorry for your loss.

Peppermint Poppies, good job on the WW and the weight loss!!
#79 of 88 Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh hey! Great idea to bump this thread!

Sounds like fun desertgirl!
Goodluck on WW Poppies
You're on your way Jacqueline!
lighthearted.....so sorry for your loss. As for the weightloss, have you tried logging your food portions? I thought with #1 that it was impossible to lose weight while nursing but I'm proving that theory wrong with #2. I was just addicted to the quantity of food that i was eating, even though it was quality food.

According to this thread I was 148 last summer and I have dropped about 10 lbs since then. Recently, as in the last month or 2. I have been logging my food on sparkpeople and working out as much as possible!! I try to power walk about 3x a week (usually 2-4 miles) and use the elliptical (this morning) or do the 30 Day Shred (in the evening after dinner) I wish that I could dedicate more time to working out but I grab the chance when I can.
My dh has been looking into purchasing a bowflex, so if that happens I want to start lifting. I figure theres no better time than the present to get buff!

#80 of 88 Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM

lightheartedmom so sorry for your loss. Look forward to seeing you over at LWAB thread, we are pretty active over there.

weight loss - I've done pretty well. About 10 lbs above my prepreg weight, and still lots of toning left to do. I'd like to lost another 5-10 beyond my prepreg weight, but I'm focusing on getting where I was just before I got pregnant.

I've been doing 30 day shred, and have lost an inch off my waist and chest in about 7 days, and 2 lbs. I try to work out daily, which means a workout video (30ds) in the morning and at least 3 miles of walking the dog with Olivia. Sometimes I walk twice a day, for a total of 4-5 miles. My chest is one of my least favorite features now, I think because I'm so short, having these giant boobs makes me feel out of proportion. Of course I'm still nursing so just have to be patient with that one! My mom says that once she stopped nursing, she dropped the last 10 lbs pretty quickly, so I'm hopeful that's hereditary and I'll drop it then too

I also log my food into sparkpeople, which has been super helpful. Glad to see this thread revived!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#81 of 88 Old 04-10-2010, 02:09 AM

What is the 30 day shred that everyone is talking about?

#82 of 88 Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
Excellent question, if I've ever read one.

#83 of 88 Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Oh hey! Great idea to bump this thread!
Yes, I agree! I'd forgotten that we had a thread going over here. Thanks!

Quote:
My dh has been looking into purchasing a bowflex, so if that happens I want to start lifting. I figure theres no better time than the present to get buff!
Oh, that reminds me, we have a BowFlex in the shed... maybe I should figure out how to find some kid-free time out there and do some weights to add to the other stuff I've been doing. We have a Wii and I had been doing Wii Fit Plus stuff for a few months with zero results. I realized that it wasn't getting my heart rate up at all and that I needed something a little more intense. (It did help me tone up my waist and thighs a bit so I fit in my pre-preg jeans again though). So, on the advice of some women in a thread in this forum I bought the Biggest Loser Wii game and it's doing a better job. Just cardio and some "strength training" with no weights though. I think I'm ready for the Boxflex again. Not like DH is using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
It's a workout video... you can find clips (maybe the whole thing) on youtube. I haven't tried it.

Anyhow, 150 days into my weight loss attempt and not one pound gone. But, the pants fit better, so I'm making some sort of progress!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#84 of 88 Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM

Remember that muscle weighs more than fat (and has a higher metabolism than fat too ). Not sure how in shape you were prior to starting exercising (this time?). I am TERRIBLY out of shape. I've hit a plateau since I started doing Bottoms Up! I haven't lost even one more pound by I have lost about an inch. I find it easier to get up from laying down on the ground now (in all aspects- I actually have trouble just getting to a sitting position without turning to my side. I can't believe I let myself get this out of shape. I'm so embarrassed. )

#85 of 88 Old 04-13-2010, 05:04 PM

Well, my WiiFit tells me that I am borderline Obese. I hate that thing some days! I weigh about 185lbs, 5'6". When I was super fit though, I weighed about 150lbs and did a LOT of mountain biking, snowboarding and rock climbing and a lot of hiking/camping in the summer. So, while I am 35lbs overweight, I obviously haven't been doing much of any of those things since I got pregnant with DD 3.5 yrs ago.

I have some pretty bad eating habits (popcorn with lots of butter and Zesty Cheese Doritos are my biggest pitfalls) and have been eating better in the last month (I'm sitting her with an All-Bran bar and an apple for lunch). I'm sure that my body is holding on to some fat due to the breastfeeding, but I'm sure that I don't need to!

I too have found it easier to get up off the ground lately, to sit up from laying down (which is a pretty good accomplishment after 2 C/S in 2 years). I have lost a band size in my bras, a pants size (and the bum is starting to sag a bit in these ones too) just not any weight. I'm glad that I feel and look better but I do wish the weight would go too! I'm pretty sure that it's contributing to some hormonal challenges that I'm having right now (and I'm also wondering if my change from fat to muscle is causing more issues as my fat sheds fat-soluble toxins, including hormones...). So, I'd like to be rid of more fat and more weight and not be sick in the process....

#86 of 88 Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Well, my WiiFit tells me that I am borderline Obese. I hate that thing some days! I weigh about 185lbs, 5'6". When I was super fit though, I weighed about 150lbs and did a LOT of mountain biking, snowboarding and rock climbing and a lot of hiking/camping in the summer. So, while I am 35lbs overweight, I obviously haven't been doing much of any of those things since I got pregnant with DD 3.5 yrs ago.

I have some pretty bad eating habits (popcorn with lots of butter and Zesty Cheese Doritos are my biggest pitfalls) and have been eating better in the last month (I'm sitting her with an All-Bran bar and an apple for lunch). I'm sure that my body is holding on to some fat due to the breastfeeding, but I'm sure that I don't need to!

I too have found it easier to get up off the ground lately, to sit up from laying down (which is a pretty good accomplishment after 2 C/S in 2 years). I have lost a band size in my bras, a pants size (and the bum is starting to sag a bit in these ones too) just not any weight. I'm glad that I feel and look better but I do wish the weight would go too! I'm pretty sure that it's contributing to some hormonal challenges that I'm having right now (and I'm also wondering if my change from fat to muscle is causing more issues as my fat sheds fat-soluble toxins, including hormones...). So, I'd like to be rid of more fat and more weight and not be sick in the process....
You and I seem to have the opposite problem! I'm losing weight but not inches so much!
And yeah, the detox part of this has me really rather concerned as well.

#87 of 88 Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM

oiu, I've really slipped up the past two weeks. I haven't been doing much exercise, and I've been eating huge dinners (and going to bed about 2 hours later). The result--I'm sluggish and totally bloated!

Sounds like everyone else is doing great!

After work, I'm forcing myself to go on a walk with the baby and the dogs (I think I'm too bloated to run, lol), and then I'll do some weights and stomach work later. And not gorge myself before bedtime! That part should be easiest to remember, 2 nights this weekend I was so, so sick with indigestion.
#88 of 88 Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 AM

I've been sticking with it with this Biggest Loser program and I seem to have lost about 4 lbs. We'll see if I go back down or up again! I was at this weight before Christmas (but couldn't wear these clothes) but then I ate a lot of crap over the holidays and then didn't work out at ALL and over-ate a lot in January because we were travelling and eating out a lot. I don't think I'm going to hit my goal of 2.5kg by the end of the month but who knows, maybe now that I have a bit of muscle I'll lose a bit faster?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page