Here's my routine:
Monday1 - Upper body
Tuesday1 - Cardio
Wednesday1 - Lower body/abs
Thursday1 - Cardio
Friday1 - Upper body
Saturday1 - Cardio
Sunday1 - Rest
Monday2 - Lower body/abs
Tuesday2 - Cardio
Wednesday2 - Upper body
Thursday2 - Cardio
Friday2 - Lower body/abs
Saturday2 - Cardio
Sunday2 - Rest
So yesterday, Wednesday1, I missed my workout.
Today, do I:
1) Just do my cardio (keep normal schedule)
2) Just do my lower body/abs and skip cardio
3) do both cardio and lower body/abs (make it up)
Among my thoughts:
- If I skip the lower body workout, I won't do it again until Monday, that's a long time and lost gain
- Since I'm doing cardio again on Saturday it's probably not as big a deal to miss it
- Not sure if I'm really up to doubling my workout. I could probably do it in a vacuum but I have a family and I want to spend time with them, cook dinner, etc.
So I am leaning toward option 2, but I don't know what I'm "supposed" to do.
(BTW I'm not an athlete at all. Just really trying to get in shape for the first time in my life).
Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.