July Dingoes ~ Running into the Sun - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bec - , : and : I hope the dr rules out everything scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realrellim View Post
Don't worry about sounding w!tchy. I've begun to think that's just an excuse men use whenever they don't like to be called on their rudeness.
: totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
Plady - First of all, Allison in preschool? Whaaa......? Isn't she an infant?!
Yeah I know!! But you know, she's full fledged toddler now and she likes more playdate time than I've been adept at arranging so, preschool- playschool really. Just toddlers bouncing off of each other with a nice woman named Summer keeping them herded. And she loved it. The director called me to just let me know that all was well and said that Alison was the most relaxed child she'd ever seen on a first day of school! :

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#62 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 AM
bec

Well, it's 3am, and I'm drinking coffee, having a chocolate chip cookie, and watching The Incredibles with Katie. She's doing a great job. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#63 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 07:55 AM
bec

Anxiety makes me fast, apparently. 3 miles in 28:20 at 5:00 am.

#64 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
Whoa, Mama! Try and relax a little. It's all going to be okay. We're thinking of you and Katie this morning :.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#65 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM

: bec So long as the anxiety doesn't make your sick to your stomach.

Plady, so good to hear Ali G like her day. : for toddler-herders over the age of four themselves.

FMR - 8 miles in 70 minutes I'm loving this unseasonably cool weather!

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#66 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM

: Bec. Thinking of you and Katie.

5 very soggy miles this morning, not a great time. Had to stop and walk a few times b/c my stomach started up. It is HUMID. Blech.

I must say, however, there is nothing quite like a very cold glass of chocolate milk after a hard run.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#67 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 AM

bec - thinking of you.

I'm up at this disgustingly early hour to go to jury duty and ask to be excused because I'm the primary caretaker of young kids. : Why on earth that isn't on the form for write in excuses is totally beyond me. And they don'l allow flip-flops in the courtroom. I always wear flip-flops.
#68 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Horrible 4m this morning. I want a re-do! Every so often (say, maybe once every six months) I get awful side cramps and can just barely stagger along. Today... was my day! I was all zen about my run this morning making up for my really bad mood yesterday (bitchy about work issues? check! weepy at home? check! fight with dh? check! PMS? no, it's something else...) and it so did not work. Must... fight... bitchiness...

I'm planning on a half for Saturday, so hopefully I got that out of the way.

Bec, more

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#69 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 AM

bec - I forgot that I meant to say that I thought your dd would do well with the sleep deprivation since she'd be excited to be up with you in the middle of the night. Then hopefully she'll nap for you this afternoon and be back to normal! Good luck with the EEG - hopefully it's nothing and just a motor tic.
#70 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 AM

Sorry Penelope. Some runs are just like that....and I do think it means your half will ROCK!

I finally had a *good* run this morning. Whew. The humidity backed off a bit (maybe to 98% versus 150% ) and I listened to REM and Beyonce and all kinds of crazy stuff that was motivating. only 3.4 but it has been HARD to get out of bed for some reason, and today was good.

Peachtree in two days!!! :

Bec, hope all is well.
#71 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM

bec~ and :

We are off to my best friend's pool in a few minutes to spend the morning. It's a little cooler today, so hopefully it will be fun!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#72 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:41 AM

RR: 7.04 miles in 60 min. sweaty drinking gatorade, then weights, then shower and hot coffee.

Bec~any news?
#73 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM

bec - hope it goes (went?) well :

good luck to all the peachtree mamas! :
will it be unbearably hot? hope not.

cfg - wow, you have to show up in person AND not wear flip flops? that sucks.

thanks for all your hugs and well wishes yesterday. it's just. so. awful.
this sweet little girl is just hanging on for dear life. i think her organs are just blown out from the chemo. she's still on life support and now dialysis. i was not sure she was going to last the day yesterday but there are a lot of people praying for her, sending her good vibes, and doing everything we can to wish her well. it's an hour-by-hour kind of thing.

i ran 3 on the treadmill yesterday. i was not in the mood to be at the track with upbeat 'go for it!' women yesterday. it's probably what i needed but i was on the verge of tears all day and was afraid i would just burst and they would not know what to do with me. i think i may be in better overall shape than when i ran my last half, but i do not feel like i have enough mileage racked up yet to make it terribly successful.

it's july already, how did that happen!?

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#74 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
bec - I forgot that I meant to say that I thought your dd would do well with the sleep deprivation since she'd be excited to be up with you in the middle of the night. Then hopefully she'll nap for you this afternoon and be back to normal! Good luck with the EEG - hopefully it's nothing and just a motor tic.
She did beautifully. Seriously, she was a champ, with not a hint of grumpiness, fantastic listening, and great cooperating.

We'll hear results in a few business days. The neurologist needs to look at it and write a report.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm tired now, and am going to nap! LOL

#75 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM

cfg -do you know yet where you're staying in san fran? we need to make sure we all get together at my house at some point...

jo/plady - can you pm or email me your itineraries? i can pick up from airport, etc if needed. (plady you're staying with me in the beginning, right?)

sorry - i feel like i am in a fog! how appropriate for san fran...:

bec - glad it went well, hoping for good results!

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#76 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Hi Dingoes!!

Its been eons since I have been on here but wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone! I have been trying to get more into a regular running routine-we will see if I can continue that. G is now 1 year old-as of a few weeks ago-crazy how time flies. She is still nursing like a pro Which is one of the reasons I wanted to come on here. I know I haven't been around-but wanted to thank you guys sooooo much for all of your support early on with her-I had lots of problems with bf with her early on and was so scared her situation was going to turn out like K's but with your help-we got through it and she is know 12 months and still going strong. So simply-thank you.

Glad to see everyone is doing well. I broke my finger recently and am not knitting as much. K is off with dh today at a golf tournament-and G is sleeping so I actually have a few minutes to myself and thought I would come on over to say hello!

I got a great run in this morning with G since K is not here. I bow down to you guys who push a double-we decided on just getting another single-K is 4.5 and would kill me to push both her and G. So I can only go running when I have one of them-which now that K is home for the summer and not in preschool -is few and far between.

Poppy-so sorry to hear about your friend's little girl.

Dr. Jen-crazy-you think in 2009 this discrimination would not be here...

Bec-hope you get the results soon.

Hello to everyone else!!:
#77 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM

For better or worse, someone lied to me about the distance on the local park loop. Nothing like an extra, unplanned mile to make your morning. I'm sure glad I went early before it got hot (yes, I'm a Seattle heat wimp, by hot I mean 80. Stop laughing).

Definitely for worse, I came home and sat for a second at the computer before getting in the shower. Wasted about 20 minutes, got up to go get in...and got a knock at the door. The city is shutting off our water to replace our meter. Should only take "a while". I really wanted to go to knitting group today, but I'm covered in paint and sweat and would probably be asked to leave. Here's to hoping that the definition of "a while" is more in line with my 5yo's (has it been a little while yet?) than my 18yo's (I'll do the dishes in a while).

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#78 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Horrible 4m this morning. I want a re-do! ...

I'm planning on a half for Saturday, so hopefully I got that out of the way.

Bec, more
I'm sure it means Saturday will be awesome! I hope today has been better than yesterday.

Run speedy and well vibes to our peachtree runners. :

poppy, my heart goes out to the girl and her loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
cfg - wow, you have to show up in person AND not wear flip flops? that sucks.
CFG, Sounds like you'll be in your running shoes. Do you have the five fingered ones? Maybe you could have weirded people out.

RunningMommy, you are a machine, a little pink energizer bunny machine. Your consistency is amazing.

Quote:
She did beautifully. Seriously, she was a champ, with not a hint of grumpiness, fantastic listening, and great cooperating.

We'll hear results in a few business days. The neurologist needs to look at it and write a report.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm tired now, and am going to nap! LOL
bec, I am so glad it went well enough. : that all is well and the doc is just being super-careful. Get some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Here's to hoping that the definition of "a while" is more in line with my 5yo's (has it been a little while yet?) than my 18yo's (I'll do the dishes in a while).
: I hope you get your shower.

#79 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
That makes sense, it's all that fight or flight stuff isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post
And they don'l allow flip-flops in the courtroom. I always wear flip-flops.
OMG you are, like, SO Californian! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
(yes, I'm a Seattle heat wimp, by hot I mean 80. Stop laughing).

Here's to hoping that the definition of "a while" is more in line with my 5yo's (has it been a little while yet?) than my 18yo's (I'll do the dishes in a while).
that they're in line with the 5 yo. And, are you up in WA too? We certainly have been having some insanely nice weather.

I've got 5 on the schedule, which I'm off to do in a few but wanted to check in on Bec and Poppy's updates.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#80 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, my left leg is getting worse. Numbness from the fibular head that covers the entire lateral side of my calf and down into my foot. My whole leg and foot tingle and the fibular head hurts like crazy. I'm doing too much internet research and I've diagnosed a fibular stress fracture with peroneal nerve compression. Maybe I'd better see a real doctor rather than Dr. Google !

I managed to run 5.25 miles this morning. It hurt. What the heck is my problemo???

#81 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
bec, I am so glad it went well enough. : that all is well and the doc is just being super-careful. Get some sleep.
I got some sleep, Abby got some sleep, Emily got some sleep. Katie is refusing. I think she's too big and cool to nap or something.

I am trying to hope for the best, but I am thinking (after doing some internet research) that she has some form of epilepsy. Honestly, I don't even know what to think of that. I am trying hard not to jump to any horrifying conclusions until we can hear from the doctor about the actual results. Sometimes I hate my over-active imagination.:

#82 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM

Penelope--hope you're doing better. I was like that before my 1/2 last Saturday. And maybe after. Though, it's hard to tell how much is me, how much of it is a chronically uncooperative 4 yo, and how much of it is a chronically uncooperative DH. Good luck Saturday!

Good luck Peachtree and other weekend runners!

I should probably go rescue my laundry from the line before it rains. And we need to finish packing. We're heading up to the mountains tonight and I'll run 5 miles with DH for the Rendezvous Run for Independence on Saturday morning. I might run back afterward to get in 10, but we'll see how I feel (how I feel from last weekend, not from the race. DH is slow. ). Should be a fun weekend because my parents are coming up too.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#83 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I got some sleep, Abby got some sleep, Emily got some sleep. Katie is refusing. I think she's too big and cool to nap or something.

I am trying to hope for the best, but I am thinking (after doing some internet research) that she has some form of epilepsy. Honestly, I don't even know what to think of that. I am trying hard not to jump to any horrifying conclusions until we can hear from the doctor about the actual results. Sometimes I hate my over-active imagination.:
I hope your imagination is just working overtime.

A neighbor girl was having silent seizures that went unnoticed for quite awhile but once diagnosed and controlled her school work improved dramatically as she was no longer 'checking out' unnoticed. This is a time when diagnosis didn't create a problem but explained one and treatment did help.

Linus is up from his nap and it seems his tumble down the big slide was worse than I thought as he has a black eye that is swelling and his cheek doesn't look much better. I was right there but he tried to rollover half way down and banged his face into the side. Poor little guy.

Happy slow racing Realrellim.

#84 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post

that they're in line with the 5 yo. And, are you up in WA too? We certainly have been having some insanely nice weather.

I've got 5 on the schedule, which I'm off to do in a few but wanted to check in on Bec and Poppy's updates.
I'm in Marysville. The weather is insanely gorgeous and has been motivating me to get up early to run or bike so I can enjoy the rest of the day. I could get used to this....until it gets really hot in my house in the evening and I get cranky.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#85 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 05:56 PM

bec--I hope it's nothing (and that you all get to bed early tonight). :

I'm avoiding my hyped-up child. : But, here's a photo from last weekend's race: http://www.fotojack.com/photo/?race=...addc97ad52a33b

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#86 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 PM

Best race name ever.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#87 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realrellim View Post
I'm avoiding my hyped-up child. : But, here's a photo from last weekend's race: http://www.fotojack.com/photo/?race=...addc97ad52a33b
Lookin' good, Mama!

I've got an appt. with my primary care doc on Monday to get this knee/leg/fibula thing figured out. Until then, no running for this Mama.

#88 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 PM

Hot legs. Wish I had those legs.

I got stung. We hived another swarm (we're still learning, cut me some slack ), but then we insulted them by hanging out in the yard with too many visitors, and one bee decided she had enough. She shot up my nose, but I snorted her out before she unleashed her wrath. Most of her wrath missed, luckily. I got away with just a nip in the lip.

Now I am cooking a junk food supper for the kids. Mac and cheese.

I am so glad it is the weekend. Shwew.

Poppy, I'll forward info to you.
#89 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
OMG you are, like, SO Californian! :

I don't know if it's obvious through the keyboard, but I do have a bit of a valley girl accent. :

So I just wasted 6 hours of my life at jury duty - mommajb, I almost wore my finger shoes. That's my first time ever having to go in and it's definitely as bad as I always hear. There's got to be a way to streamline that. : Now I'm done for another year! : There were other people wearing flip flops, darnit!

poppy - I just made our reservations. Yea, I'm a bit of a procrastinator. We're renting a condo (flat?) in the Hayes Valley, I think it's called. It's 4 miles from the start - Plady do you still have room for a roomie? I've been meaning to PM you. We'll be arriving on Friday and staying for a week.

bec - glad it went smoothly!

jo - a bee in the nose??!! Yikes! That must have made quite the snot rocket!
#90 of 722 Old 07-02-2009, 09:53 PM

PUMPKINSEED!!!!!!! : It's fantastic to see you again. I'm thrilled that you are all doing so well. A year old? How's that possible?

Thinking of you bec. Ug, the worry and wait must be horrible. I hope you get answers soon. I'm amazed you guys made it through with 4 hours of sleep. My dd laid down and fell asleep on the jetway last year waiting to get onto a plane when she was too tired to stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post

I don't know if it's obvious through the keyboard, but I do have a bit of a valley girl accent. :
That's a verse in "I said a boom-chicka-boom!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page