Running the summer away...August Dingo thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mommajb, you're right. You need to decide now whether not to increase your long runs. Sounds like you're in a good place to increase, should you decide to. 14 weeks is about right to ratchet up in time, but no more waiting. You can do it.

drjen, I want to comment again how much I like the "new" hair. I know, it's been a while, but I like it. Noticed in your race photos.

mamabeth, I hope things turn around for that baby. *sigh*

Gaye, yes, cancer does suck. : to both of them.

Plady, Get some pants on the cat. Right away. I hope A's all right fast.

God bless my colleagues. I am so ready to hang it up already, and they are really hanging in there with me. I had a teleconference yesterday and today is my normal work-from-home day, and they are not stressing me out. Not everyone knows I am leaving yet, but the supervisors do.

I wanted to get up and have a "real" run today. Dh was going to wake me early and guess what? Yup, no run this morning. Arms are sore from pushups yesterday, though. Still too much to do. Dh is going to the butcher today about a steer, the gutter guy is coming, and I am thinking about taking the kids to the pool with my sister. That and I have work, and my clotheslines just went back up yesterday, and I am sure the beans and cukes need picking. Oh and did I mention zucchini?

Will squeeze a little running in somehow. I am thinking twice about this weekend's 10K. Just not sure I am up for it. We'll see...
#62 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post
Sigh. So as if my friend's diagnosis wasn't enough, my best friend from college's MIL was just diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. Cancer sucks.

We're circling the wagons for Amy, and getting everything lined up to take care of what she's going to need. We already have meals organized all the way through September, and once we know what her treatment is going to look like, we'll get a childcare calendar set up, too. I've put her in touch with drjen for her induction/breastfeeding questions, and a mom who is a young survivor from another message board I frequent. She cracked me up yesterday, writing me a message on Facebook about giving breast cancer the finger. I'm telling you, she's got the right attitude!

I need to do homework this afternoon, but I'm awfully tempted to say screw it and take a nap and just stay up late instead. On today's agenda? Another awful lab, but wait, there's more! I get to dissect a sheep's brain! Woohoo?

rr~Trying to get my butt in gear for this whole swimming thing, so we went to the Y. I did one of the workouts from the swim coach I took lessons from last year, for a grand total of 2600 yds. Not bad. Slow as dirt, but not bad!
I started running for the first time ever in January after my best friend was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer at her 6 week pp appt. She had a stillbirth at 20 weeks and then immediately got pregnant again. She complained about the lump for a year, and the doctors brushed it off as a milk duct from the stillbirth and pregnancy. She made me promise that I would stop putting off taking care of myself, so each time I feel tired and don't want to put on my running shoes I think of her. I did pump for some time for her newborn. She read the book Crazy Sexy Cancer, and it did a lot for her attitude. Yep, cancer sucks.

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
#63 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Hi ladies. I'm not running much right now, but I need to! We've had such a fun, busy summer. Real life starts next week when they go back to school. I suppose I will start running again then.
I am also a new auntie as of last night. I don't know any details other than she's a beautiful little baby girl and she's here. I can't wait to see her!
I'm looking forward to seeing Mamabeth and other ATL Dingos at dinner tonight.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#64 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM

I just sent in my letter to resign as the cheerleading coach. It was the best decision, but I'm still sad. I need some Dingo love.

There are many reasons I did it. They recently fired a friend from coaching track because his goals were too lofty and didn't fit with the rest of the coaching staffs. They took away all bussing for away games for all sports because the school is broke. I know that means (in my case at least) to find/coordinate rides for my girls. So not only would I be driving 20 miles one way to practice 4 days a week, but then I'd be driving 6 girls in my own car to away games. Talk about just breaking even on pay. Mostly, I don't want to give up my evenings with Val. It wasn't in my heart like it used to be. I hope someone good will fill my place. We were headed in the right direction with the program.

HBM ~ Congrats!!:

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#65 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:13 AM

JL - s sounds like it was the right decision for you to make at this time in your life.

HBM - can't believe that you guys go back to school already. we start on the 26th or something, i'll be darned if i can figure out how to read this calendar.

happy things - childcare is confirmed for the school year with the exception of vacations and snow days. After-Kindy care through the YMCA means that K doesn't even have to leave the school. thank you universe!

another happy thing - yesterday i repaired the screen on our sliding door (it had a huge, ugly, duct tape patch) and then took some time to fix the tracking so it glides back and forth like butter now. next project? replace the trim that tore off around the garage when DH ran my bike into it and replace the trim around the door that fell off this winter. I'm tired of living in a dump!

ladies mtn bike ride tonight, i'm going to attempt to take them out for a little bit longer of a ride. shouldn't be impossible, just have to keep the chit-chat stops to a minimum.

My race, Fool's Gold, is coming up next week, I ship my bike down on this Friday already! it's crazy, but i'm so excited about this. I'm not a 'contender' for the podium, but i really hope to ride well, not just 'finish'. Hard to put a time goal on it, my last 50 mile ride took me 8ish hours, but I wasn't really trying to do anything but spend all day on the bike. Also looking forward to potentially spending some time at the Mall of Georgia doing a little shopping
#66 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM

Mandy-what day is your race? I'd love to come see it! Are you staying in Dahlonega? If you are, you're not that far from Mamabeth, Cathtoria and me! And you'll be right by AWESOME outlet mall shopping, but not close at all to Mall of Georgia.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#67 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM

Yep, Dahlonega is an easy drive, I used to work up there! Let us know. And yeah, Mall of Georgia is super far, but the outlets are GREAT and are 10 min from Dahlonega. Similar to MoG in shops, too. I'm always up for shopping and would love to meet up. What day is it? Scheming, scheming....

I did this weights workout (from Self magazine) this morning and it is BUTT kicking. And arms. And abs. Hopefully my little "wings" will go away in a few weeks. It's on the netflix instant if anybody wants to do it...I swear it's making me faster too.

the whole baby thing...they're doing the best they can, I keep repeating to myself, and if some of you remember my SIL tends to freak out regularly. Just feel bad for the babe, and have to take more deep breaths.

okay, must go actually work now! I have a funeral and preaching this wkd, sigh.
#68 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM

JL, totally It is definitely the right choice right now.

Mandy, I hope this is a great trip and a great race for you. You sound ready to do well.

Weather is being weird. So much to do...I got a couple of hours of the paid work done already this morning, and next, I am going to put my head down and forge through barn/garden chores and hang some laundry (hoping that one T-storm was indeed isolated)...then maybe come back and get started on the next paid project that's waiting. This will be a nice week with just two days in the office. It's a kind of nice way to wind down. Dh will be home early, so I might even get outside for a run!

Off to get to it...
#69 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM

RR: fly by post to list 5 miles yesterday and 5 today. Need to get to the weights and abs today sometime too. Off to enjoy my kids (and more ).
#70 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post
I started running for the first time ever in January after my best friend was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer at her 6 week pp appt. She had a stillbirth at 20 weeks and then immediately got pregnant again. She complained about the lump for a year, and the doctors brushed it off as a milk duct from the stillbirth and pregnancy. She made me promise that I would stop putting off taking care of myself, so each time I feel tired and don't want to put on my running shoes I think of her. I did pump for some time for her newborn. She read the book Crazy Sexy Cancer, and it did a lot for her attitude. Yep, cancer sucks.
, LMB. I totally get it. I lost a friend almost two years ago in very similar circumstances, which is just one small reason why this is hitting me so hard. The friend I lost had found the lump during her pregnancy but was blown off as hormonal pregnancy stuff. By her 6 wk appt, the lump was so large, her mom SAW it as she was nursing her DD. She was gone within a year. I have to keep telling myself that Amy's situation is completely different and that she's in a much better situation and that there's every reason to believe that this was caught in time. Stoopid, stoopid cancer. :

So, yeah, I STILL haven't dissected the stupid sheep brain. I really had every intention of doing it last night, but by the time I got to that point of the lab, it was already 12:45. I skipped it and did everything else, and it was still 2 am by the time I got to bed. I swear, I will slice and dice that brain during DS's nap this afternoon. I kind of have to, since the lab is due by midnight.

rr~A really nice 4.5 mile run with DS and the dog. I was hoping to meet up with my friend/running buddy, but her DD has a class this week, so she couldn't. We stuck around home and ran through the neighborhood. I really should have done 5, but was too lazy to figure out a route to add 1/2 mile. My legs felt really good, except that I didn't think to use Body Glide and got a teensy bit of chafing. Sigh. I really need to lose those 10 pounds I gained back...

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#71 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post
Wow, what a story! I'm so sorry she went through such pain and now has cancer? How unfair is that? But props to her for being so strong, and to you for taking her advice to heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
I'm tired of living in a dump!
Oy I hear you! Good job on taking matters into your own hands, I've got to follow your lead! I can't wait to hear all about your ride!!!! And I hope you do get Pit Team Dingo there with you too, you deserve the best!

So I think Alison is on the mend. She hasn't puked for almost 24 hours. She had a bit of a fever last night and still some pretty gross dipes but I don't feel as worried today.
I am beginning to feel that big emptiness that follows a big event though . I really need to get on track with workouts but I feel sort of aimless and uncoordinated. Last night I was all like, "Tomorrow I'm starting that 100 pushup challenge!" but this morning I'm all " and and :" So I need a Dingo kick in the to get on with it!

Mommajb - I'm sure you can do it, I just hope you get enough support as the runs get really long. That coming home after a looooong run and having to rush through the post-workout to get back on track with the rest of the family was the hardest part for me and it sounds like you might have a similar situation. Maybe you can bribe your dh and kids ahead of time so you get a better cushion. But as far as the running goes, I'm sure you'll be fine!

JenLove - It's too bad that the program had to cut back so much (like everywhere) but I'm sure you're doing the right thing for you and Val.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#72 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 01:53 PM

LMB and gaye - ::cancer sucks big time
we made arrangements for my dh to attend the molly memorial on aug 22, which would have been her 6th bday. it's hitting the parents hard now and starting to sink in. the memorial they have planned, though, sounds amazing and the whole community is likely to turn out. they'll have a paddle-out, hawaiian style, hold hands in a large circle and spread some ashes.

mandy - is this the single speed race with the tattoo for first place finish?

plady - how's the babe feeling today? :

---

looking forward to the podiatrist tomorrow, pain still here. and also, can i just vent for a second? i went to the running group picnic the other night and was chatting with a very nice woman i hadn't met before. so, we get to talking about the half-marathon and i was telling her it didn't go as well as i had hoped, so of course she asked what my finish time was and i told her 2:54...which, y'know, i KNOW is not good. her reaction was like 'ooooh' and a wince.

seriously? thanks.

my thing is, there are lots of women in this group at all fitness levels. some are walkers. some have weight issues, some do not. in other words, it's not an elite group and i am really middle of the road there. i just don't think she would have reacted that way if i had been, say, older or had apparent fitness issues. so, other than my preface that it didn't go as i had hoped, why the hell would someone react that way? i get it. it's not a good time but hey, i'm out there and i finished, right? bah. i need to get over it. when i meet people for the first time and talk running, they assume i am faster than i am simply because i am of a slim build. so what?! there are LOTS of people twice my age, twice my weight who can kick my a$$ on a regular, daily basis. so why assume anything about me, or about them? stupid.

ok vent over. thanks.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#73 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Y'all what am I going to do if I can't run for awhile? I'm starting obsess! LOL
I was getting pretty pleased with my progress and now it just makes me so d@mn mad! I felt good this morning and just walking around the grocery made my butt start aching.

My SIL (dh sis) called yesterday and her dh has been abusing the kids and is emotionally/mentally abusing her. Urgh...wish we could be there to help her stay strong. She is for sure leaving him, just she's in the middle of it ya know. I just get furious about abuse.

Sounds like an angry post I have going on here! Actually doing pretty well, other than that!

I will just have to be ok with the swimming and biking, but I feel like I'm losing so much by not running a couple days a week.

Plady..glad A is doing better!

gaye..just get started on the sheep brain and get it over with. sounds terrible to me! LOL

Mandy..hope your race goes fantastic!

HBM..congratulations!!!

My mom is having a breast biopsy at 2. Let's all hope for the very best!
#74 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM

Gaye, poppy, and LMB ~ yep, cancer sucks . And to your mom, MB.

It's POURING here today. It's so dark out, it practically looks like nighttime right now and the thunder is a constant rumble. Luckily, there was a space between the storms this morning and DS and DD still had diving and swimming. DD is doing real honest-to-goodness freestyle now! And she rode her bike last night without training wheels for the first time ! I had hoped to go to the Y after swimming, but the Childwatch room was full to capacity and due to close in 30 minutes, so I bagged it. Maybe we'll get there this evening...

mommabelle ~ I totally hear you about losing fitness from not running. Can you do a little aquajogging? The elliptical? Not the same, but an okay substitute given the circumstances .

Have a great race, Mandy!!!

Plady ~ glad A is feeling better.

JL ~ sounds like you're making the right choice in quitting the cheer coaching job.

Gaye ~ have fun with that sheep brain !

HBM ~ my kids go back to school next Wednesday. DS will be starting 2nd grade and DD is starting kindergarten ! Where did the time go?????

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#75 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Poppy - the race with the tattoos for the winners is in mid-September. this is just a warm up. I was just checking out the schedule for the event in September, there's about four days of planned activities, time to kick my beer drinking training into high gear in order to make it through it.

ATL mamas - i've pm'd you guys with my schedule-y deal and maybe we can get together.

Gaye - sorry to hear of your friends issues with cancer. Gaye and Poppy - there's a guy that writes a great cycling blog that has also morphed into a chronicle of his wife's cancer ordeal. Fat Cyclist. I enjoy his writing, his story is touching and he's using his small fame from the blog to raise money for cancer. Sadly, I think his wife is nearing the end of her time.

okay, i will get back to work now.
#76 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Cancer does suck. Back in the day when I was growing up, breast cancer was something that only grandmothers got. What is up with so many young women getting it now? Horrible.

I'm beginning to think that this nonsense on top of my foot is a stress fracture. The pain is morphing into that dull ache that I keep hearing sfx described as being. Aquajogging, here i come.
#77 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for posting that, Mandy. I'd seen his blog briefly before, but I'm going to bookmark it now. I just donated in my friend's name...he's giving away a majorly sweet bike right now!

Ok, really, for real...dissection time.

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#78 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM

So I got the house so clean but I know it will only last until C comes home from her playdate and A wakes up from her nap. . Anyway, I was feeling all icky in my clothes and went to change. Without thinking I put on my running gear, so now I"M GOing to go out and hit it. Might as well capitalize on my positive brain fart right?

Poppy - Yeah, seriously : One of my FB friends made a comment that rubbed me that way about my time too and I was just thinking, "wha???" but again, I think I prefaced it by saying something self deprecating so maybe there's the lesson right?

: for M'belle's mom and no stress fractures!

#79 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
bec

Mommajb - If you look at This training schedule, you will see that week 5 has you at 30 miles with a 12 mile long run. Sounds like you would be perfect to start a 14 week program for a marathon with where you're at right now! I say go for it!

RR: I had 4 pain free miles today! I love my chiro!:

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#80 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM

Thank you ladies for chiming in.
bec, that training plan was just the kick I needed.
I do have some of those family issues Plady alluded to and some doubts but I am going to train for the full.

Oh my.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#81 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 PM

CFG, have you been doing more BF running? could it be the notorious top of the foot pain? just a thought...I had to scale back a bit bc mine was really hurting. but once I did it feels a lot better. hope it's not a sf.

Mbelle, hope all is well with your mom and your SIL.

mandy, pm'ed ya.

I am still upset by the SIL thing. They're keeping the baby in the NICU for seemingly no reason, and it's really frustrating. I don't want to go into too many details just bc I'm tired, but argh, it is upsetting for me and dh, we are having flashback to dd's birth. Jenlove, we also gave dd formula in the hospital basically bc the nurses were shoving it at us but ours also stayed in the back of the cabinet until it got old and we threw it out. you live, you learn.
#82 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 PM

mamabeth - I know it's so frustrating. I about bite my tongue in half sometimes when friends have babies. I have the added frustration of feelings nuts when one of my own clients has to be transferred out to our tertiary care hospital and gets weird non-evidenced based care. I haven't yet figured out a way to entirely let it go - you want to say it's their baby and their choice, but you still feel all instead.

tjsmama - you have to dissect a sheep's brain at home? Yick. I emailed your friend!

mommajb - I meant to jump in earlier, but I think you are on track for a full. I did an 18 week training program last year, and wasn't up to a 12 mile long run yet at week 4, so I think you'll do great! What marathon are you training for? (and I hear ya on the family stuff - that's the only thing holding me back from doing another full.)

RR - I must be insane, because I already ran again last night. My little ds wanted to run, and having now raised one through to out of the house, believe me it's extremely hard to resist a child who wants to do something with you! We just ran 2 miles, and walked a bit of warm up and cool down for 2.8 total. We usually run/walk, but he was feeling good and we only walked one 0.04 mile little bit and ran other than that. 22:54 for 2 miles! I actually feel better today - I was feeling pretty stiff and sore and I think the run actually helped as today my legs just feel a little tired but no pain. He wants to go again tonight, so we probably will in a bit. I'm going to run a little tomorrow to, then take Thurs off, and do a 5K on Friday. This is a 5K in the little town about 15 miles from us that I've done every year since 2001, including the year I was 9 weeks postpartum, so I'm looking forward to it even though I'm not in a position to really "race" it yet.

I'm not sure what to train for next. I like having a goal, but just don't have one in mind yet. Any ideas?

I'm going to go put the race list up that I keep forgetting to do. I know someone asked me to add a race for them towards the end of the last thread and I don't remember who or what - please let me know again if I'm missing anyone!
#83 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Oh, forgot one thing - the half marathon folks sent me a link where you can watch yourself cross the finish line. It's kind of neat! If you enter my bib you can watch me cross with my friend Lori. She's wearing a hot pink tank top and right next to me. (my bib#12422) http://elite.competitor.com/webcast/chi/archive.html
#84 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Mommajb and Plady -- I hope you get some support.

I'm nursing some sore hip flexors. Foam roller feels silly on the front of my legs. Sad part of nursing a sore hip flexor this week is I'm not really running much.

One of the women in my local mom's group that I distantly know is receiving a new house through the Extreme Home Makeover this week. Thing is the woman is totally cool and just a *normal* family.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#85 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Didn't get a run in...but I took both kids out for about 8mi on the bikes, and I had dd on the tagalong. It was OK, but kind of stressful, because I didn't want to load the bikes into the van, so we left from here (quarter mile of highway before the country road to the trail). Good news is, I know my kids could handle a day into town on bikes, should we decide to go for it sometime. They need a lot of vigilance on these busy roads, though. Yikes.

Farm boy : came over and mowed the pasture. It looks so clean, wow. He's going to plow up one more plot for us yet this week. Things keep progressing.

Talked to my boss today about finishing up...and it looks like I am leaving things well. They'd like me to consider "special projects," and I guess we're having a potluck next week before I go. I got : I also took a $50 B&N gift card I had in my purse and bought a couple of novel-writing workshop books.

CFG, maybe it's just some kind of tendonitis. I hope it clears up.

Plady, did you get that run?
#86 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 PM

Hello! I'm a bit intimidated posting here; you seem like a tight-knit group and I feel a bit like I'm intruding. But I had a shoe question and thought one of you might have some experience.

MBTs--they call themselves the anti-shoe and are based on the Masai tribe, who mostly walk barefoot on shifting surfaces. The shoes are designed to give you some instability, forcing your body to make constant tiny adjustments. Supposedly, this instability encourages better posture, more muscle involvement even if you're standing still, better core strength, and-- most important for me--improvement in joint problems.

I trashed my knees running cross-country and track in high school; nobody ever told me at 14 years old that putting that many miles on my adolescent body might be an issue later on.

I've recently started running again and things feel okay with a couple of knee braces and a really slow pace, but I'd love to pick it up a bit more. I'd forgotten in the last few years how much I really love to run.

Has anyone tried the shoes, for either walking or running? Is there any benefit to them, or is it just a scam? I've been lusting after them for awhile but can't quite pull the trigger without more input.
#87 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 PM

Happy RR - did 5 on the treadmill, and not a peep from my innards. Fine, nothing to see here, ho-hum, what run? So I guess I'll stick with the 'mill for a week or two and then venture back to Big, Bad Outdoors that (apparently) Scares the Sheet out of me.

eta: LaLaLa, have you read Born to Run? Might convert you to full-on barefoot running...

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#88 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
Has anyone tried the shoes, for either walking or running? Is there any benefit to them, or is it just a scam? I've been lusting after them for awhile but can't quite pull the trigger without more input.
Hi! I saw an article on those shoes by Peter Sagal in Runners World. Here it is, it was kind of funny but I think he was less than totally impressed.

Jo - I did run, probably about 4 miles. the first 2 were more or less fine but the second half was hard and I had to do a lot of walking. Much like the marathon. I really need to ice and vit. I why is it so hard for me to do that??
How awesome is it that you are getting such a great response at work? How's your back?

Kerc - I hope your hips loosen up.

DrJen - Fun vid!

#89 of 676 Old 08-04-2009, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Sheep brain dissection was actually kind of fun and cool, except for my exasperation with the poorly written lab manual. Nothing like telling us to refer to the website for pictures labeled with the structures we're supposed to be identifying, only to find that a good 2/3 of the structures AREN'T identified on the picture. : Sigh. These labs are going to kill me. Only one more left. Until A&P II starts in three weeks. :

And now, : the website is down and I can't even submit the stupid thing! At least I know what chapters I need to read for microbiology, or I would really be screwed.

drjen~Thank you! :

lalala~No advice here, but :

mamabeth~ I hear ya.

#90 of 676 Old 08-05-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Hi! I saw an article on those shoes by Peter Sagal in Runners World. Here it is, it was kind of funny but I think he was less than totally impressed.
Thanks, everyone, for the responses! This article was especially interesting; I've heard mixed reviews on how the shoes are for running and probably wouldn't use them for that, but just as a sort of constant knee-strengthening therapy when out and about.

I think I'm still a long way away from actual barefoot running--my delicate little toes are too wimpy for that kind of abuse!

Oh, and all of the stories in this thread have been a real inspiration; I love reading about everyone conquering race after race. It gives me a little boost of motivation to know so many other mamas are able to find the time and energy to run.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page