September Dingos, Run This Way! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Running first! Warm up with 800m easy, run each 400 hard with 200 easy between each. Then warm down for 800 . Because your recovery sets are only 200m, each 400 will start on opposite sides of the track from the last one. Enjoy!
: Or, you could push it out to a 400 between each set if you need more recovery time, or just get confused by having to start in different spots. Generally, if we only get a 200 to recover, I walk most of it, but if it's a 400, I'll jog it.

oceans~When you say medial pain, do you mean along the border of the kneecap? I have a hard time imagining you could cause a true ligament injury like an MCL sprain without an actual incident (besides just running hard). Patellofemoral pain would not be unusual, though. And yes, running hard every single run isn't generally a good idea. Ice, ice, ice.

nic~: and :

Oh my, THE Naughty Dingo is here. I feel like I'm in the presence of greatness.

DS got back late last night, and he was soooo sleepy and sweet and snuggly. And then woke up majorly cranky this morning. : As in, had a total meltdown because I carried his juice to the living room instead of letting him do it. Sigh. He's slightly improved now...I'm wondering if he was cranky because he was constipated and now that he got that out of the way (on the potty no less, hooray!), he's happier.

Ok, I'm having a dilemma. Amy is having a party to shave her head before it starts falling out from chemo. The catch is that in order to attend, one member of your party must either a) shave their head or b) donate to Locks of Love. I would LOVE to donate to LoL but I don't qualify. My hair isn't long enough, and it's highlighted. But I just don't think I can bring myself to shave my head. : I know it's completely a vanity thing, but my hair grows ridiculously slow and it's taken me two years to grow my hair to the length it is now. And I'm thinking about possibly meeting people that I might want to date. And not wanting to be bald or have really really short hair. I don't think I can shave DS's head, that's not fair since he's not old enough to make that decision for himself. And I don't have a husband or boyfriend who could go bald and easily grow it back. I really want to support her through this, but I don't know what to do. Will she be terribly disappointed if I don't/can't attend? Am I being totally selfish? Ugh.

rr~5 miles with friends (kind of). Friend #1 is just starting running after baby #2, so she stuck with us for the first mile and then turned around. Friend #2 has pacing issues and went out way too fast and then completely died around mile 4. Meanwhile, I stuck to slow and steady. I've been really sore since Sunday's run, so I was relieved that today wasn't too bad. My legs are still tired, but I didn't have any hip pain until after mile 4, so that was good. Tomorrow will be easy track/bike ride and then that's it. Gulp.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#182 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel38 View Post
How cool! Is there anything I could help with/look up for you? I'm in Bavaria, about 2 hours from Munich.
So is Bavaria really just 2 hours from Munich? My host said it was a 4 hour train ride, but now that I'm trying to buy the train tix, it's looking like 2. I'm headed to Bayreuth. I think Paula's got most of the logistics figured out for me. Thanks! My main priority will be good Turkish food.

Mommajb, I'm hounding my students for the graphs now. I'll letcha know when it's ready. "Now you need error bars. Could you please label the axes for me? What on Earth are the blue dots for??"
#183 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Gaye, I'm with you. It is a traumatic, incredibly difficult thing to shave your head/donate hair. Hair is a really big part of our identity as women, for most of us. Right now you are not in a place where this is a feasible thing for you.

Can you offer to bring over pizza after the shaving is over? Or something so that you can lend support without participating in the event?

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#184 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
Gaye, I'm with you. It is a traumatic, incredibly difficult thing to shave your head/donate hair. Hair is a really big part of our identity as women, for most of us. Right now you are not in a place where this is a feasible thing for you.

Can you offer to bring over pizza after the shaving is over? Or something so that you can lend support without participating in the event?
I completely agree with Nic. I couldn't do it. No way. Not like I have this gorgeous mane or anything , but I just couldn't. I I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't either :. Call us vain, I guess. I think the pizza idea is a good one.

Geo and mommajb ~ : at the thought of your "get mommjb to Germany" caper. And : at kerc's vision of life at the mommajb home minus said momma!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#185 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Gaye, I'm probably a terrible mama, but I'd shave my kid's hair in your situation. :

Although my own actual kid would not be ok with that, so I guess I'd play it by ear. Mine's five, though, and pretty invested in his hair.

Maybe you could offer to wield the clippers?

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#186 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 06:40 PM

I shaved my head this past winter and it was incredibly liberating! Suddenly, I could wear a multitude of hats!

I bet being the barber would be a great trade!
#187 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I shaved my head this past winter and it was incredibly liberating! Suddenly, I could wear a multitude of hats!

I bet being the barber would be a great trade!
What prompted you to shave it and do you have before and after pics? Are you keeping it short/shaved or growing it out?

scheduled to see the NP about lump on Friday. Thanks for the help!
#188 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Gaye, I'm probably a terrible mama, but I'd shave my kid's hair in your situation. :
: Especially if they are young enough that they really don't care yet what their hair looks like.

jaygee - I would probably not wear running shorts to yoga. You'll likely be contorting yourself into all sorts of positions, and (my running shorts, at least) tend to be pretty airy and likely to flash everyone. Tighter fitting or longer shorts/capris would probably be best.

DD2 is driving me to : and and today. I can't wait for this day to end so I can sit on the couch with a glass of wine.
#189 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post
:
DD2 is driving me to : and and today. I can't wait for this day to end so I can sit on the couch with a glass of wine.

Yeah, that.

Dd1 is sulking because I won't tell her the answers to her homework (vocab lesson...she is supposed to be learning how to look things up! )

Dd2 is having hysterics because the toothpaste container (where it comes out) is messy and caked with toothpaste. She wants it to BE CLEAN.

Ds is motoring around like the energizer bunny on speed and shrieking about G-d-only-knows-what.

I need a time out.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#190 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 08:12 PM

: here too.

DH is not going to be home a single night this week. Tonight, an Air Force function, tomorrow night is soccer, Thursday is his late seminar, and Friday he coaches DS's soccer team practice. Mama could really use a break of some kind.

I wish I had some longer length shorts or capri length pants to wear tomorrow. I have some bike shorts with no padding. Maybe that would work....

#191 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

This is the first week of "real" classes so I don't have a spare minute to post for real--but I thought I'd pop in and say hi to the dingos.

I ran this morning even though I had to get up at 5:30 to do it. What has become of my life?
#192 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 09:29 PM

I shaved my head because I had some pretty new dreadlocks and my dreadlocking buddy (she didn't have dreads, but knew how to care for them) got headlice. She really needed help de-lousing and I didn't want to risk passing lice on to my DD (who has had dreads for over a year and would be devastated to cut them). It wasn't neccessary, but I felt good about it. I had counted on having a little more help with my dreads, and DH totally backed out on that end.

Before:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/...f5abbee480.jpg

After:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/...72ee28c694.jpg

So far, I've been letting my hair do its own thing. I haven't cut it yet and it's kind of in between a mullet and a really cool haircut.
#193 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM

Hey Ms. Naughty Dingo! AWESOME to see you here. :

Love your hair, nemesis....hey are you posting on the BF forum now? I think I see you but not sure.

Nic, :vibes: to you. I also think things are f'ed up health care wise, but I just don't feel like I know enough to enter the debate. hope things come through for your dh!

I am on tap to run tomorrow morning, and then I get to run in Canada for my next run! craziness. take care mamas.
#194 of 793 Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 PM

Nic - :

doctorjen - : sorry no offense meant, I just was thinking from my experience neither of the FPs I've ever had even mentioned checking, just the OBs, so just my INexperience talking : sorry

tjsmama - (forgive me it has been years since my last osteology class) the pain is not related to the patella, its medial condyle of the tibia, mostly on the right leg, but feeling some on the left too. Thing is it feels bruised to the touch as well, both legs.
No tips for the head shaving. I think unless it were a family member I'd have a hard time doing it too. Even tho I'm constantly having a hair crisis, I'm kinda attached to it

Nemesis - I'm jealous! You're beautiful in both pics!! I can't imagine what I'd look like shaved, I don't look good in hats as it is

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#195 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 AM

Ah, a good day today. Ran my very slow 3.2 this morning, tried to harass DD out of bed at a reasonable time (kindergarten starts on Thursday! Need to be up early!) and had a fantastic, long playgroup with my mom friends and their kids. I love Tuesdays.

I called DD's plastic surgeon's office. My mom recommended that if I wanted this taken care of I should drop my usual calm tone and "crank up the hysterics a bit." I didn't quite get that far, but I did use words like "distressing" and phrases like "very concerned." The woman I talked to said they'd seen the letter and calling the insurance company was on her to-do list for today. She said it was an error that the surgery was refused, and said that the letter didn't say what I thought it said, that FUTURE surgery was refused. She said the letter said that THIS surgery DD just had was refused. Eek! If I'd known that, I would have already had the hysterics cranked up. But she said she'd deal with it and just to completely ignore the insurance company. Don't call, don't write, and don't pay any bills they send. It will be interesting when those bills roll in. I'm guestimating this was about a $35,000 procedure DD just had. I'll tape the bills into her baby book.

Tonight was my monthly meeting with a small church group, where we discuss topics that relate to our lives. Tonight's topic was "What do you live for? What things get in the way of what you are living for?" I love discussion groups; they make me feel like I'm exercising my brain in a way I don't get to do very much these days. As an atheist, I was reluctant to join a church, but I've found being a member so rewarding in so many different ways.

Off to bed; need sleep if I want to run in the morning....
#196 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 AM

I know this is way off topic sorry but I have to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
As an atheist, I was reluctant to join a church, but I've found being a member so rewarding in so many different ways.
So what made you decide to join? I would label myself pagan (I don't know of anything that really labels what I believe so plain jane pagan is fine by me) and DH is athiest(ish), I feel the need to join something for the girls to gain a sense of community + I would love to not feel so isolated, but DH hates the idea..... just curious.....

BTW I'm glad the dr office is willing to take care of it, : that they really do

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#197 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 12:44 AM

Geofizz - Wait, can I hear the title of talk 2?

Ocean's Eve - shame on your FPs for not promoting good preventitive care. I didn't mean to come across all offended, either - I am like a duck with the water thing and really it doesn't bug me. In my experience OBs just aren't very knowledgeable about breast health. When is your 5K? I can put you on the race list so we can all remember to cheer you on!

ND - So wonderful to hear from you!

mamabeth - when do you think you might come to Chicago? Any interest in trying to meet up at a museum or something?

RR - I did my easy 4 tonight on the treadmill. I'm enjoying Babylon 5 now for my treadmill runs and it's pretty entertaining.

NRR - So my dh made a bet with my older dd involving her grades and a texting phone. The result? Nearly to midterms and she's still getting straight As. And turning in homework. And apparently taking pleasure in being a "smart kid." Today she came home raving that she got a 100% on her Spanish test, and she's the only person currently getting an A in Chemistry (this is the kid who failed the last semester of 8th grade science.) And she wrote a 5 page book report and printed it out to turn in a day early. Huh.
Apparently the bus driver has stopped pretty much talking at all, but now there are still some fellow bus riders making racial comments. Sigh.
#198 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 01:16 AM

I'm always worried about offending people, as I have said previously I am a bit abrasive and rarely think before typing/speaking In case you didn't notice pretty much every post I ever do is edited because I am always thinking of adding more, no wait I should take that out before someone reads it, etc..... I'm a constant worry wart who rarely removes the improper posts but always removes things worth saying

November 21st :

#199 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 AM

Ocean's Eve - Does the race have a name, or should I just put 5K? The race list is on the first page of the thread. We love to cheer for our racers!
#200 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
No run this morning. Dh woke in the middle of the night and decided the injury that has been plaguing him all week since his ill-fated jiu jitsu class had gotten bad enough to visit the ER. So we packed everyone up and went at 6 AM (after shift change), I just dropped him off.

Gaye, that sounds like a nice evening! I'm in awe : of your general fitness and activity level! My paltry runs are so .. paltry in comparison!
What a way to start the day!

And yes! Gaye, you are a super stud!

On the hair, I think Nemesis looks so pretty with it short that I would seriously consider it if I had a reason to do it. But I'm sure it's one of those situations you don't know what you'd do until you're in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I can just power up hill but downhill is killing me.
You wan to be my running partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
I love discussion groups; they make me feel like I'm exercising my brain in a way I don't get to do very much these days.
THat's one of the many things I love about the Dingo Cafe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
I feel the need to join something for the girls to gain a sense of community + I would love to not feel so isolated, but DH hates the idea..... just curious.....
We pretty much did that. I grew up Catholic but it wasn't a great fit since I'm way too liberal. DH is mostly agnostic but I wanted the kids to have a sense of the value of a shared reverence so we checked out the episcopal church here and it's pretty good. I wish I could go to MB's church but I do really like the sense of community we have here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post
NRR - So my dh made a bet with my older dd involving her grades and a texting phone. The result? Nearly to midterms and she's still getting straight As. And turning in homework. And apparently taking pleasure in being a "smart kid." Today she came home raving that she got a 100% on her Spanish test, and she's the only person currently getting an A in Chemistry (this is the kid who failed the last semester of 8th grade science.) And she wrote a 5 page book report and printed it out to turn in a day early. Huh.
: That's wonderful news! Go dh! That man of yours is a real star.

No RR to report. I pushed myself hard last MTWTh and then nothing since then. But tomorrow it picks up again, and I got my papers in to work at the gym so now I can go use that. I'm trying to figure out where to put the weight training days. If I do them on TKD days I'll probably be lame and not push it hard enough but if I do T-Th-Sat I can already see myself skipping Saturday. Could I go T-Th F?? I could couldn't I?
Today's weight training was moving a piano we found at Sal's for $100. It has nice sound and it's good looking but holy schlamoly it weighs a ton!

Day 8 of Atkins and I'm feeling a little lighter although when I got on the scale today there was no visible change. It's happening though, I can feel it.

RM - I'm glad you're getting checked out. : for weird but harmless.

Naughty Dingo! I hope this heralds your return to your eponymous Cafe!

Acedemama - Careful!!!! You might be becoming a runner! :

and to all who need whichever or both.
:

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#201 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 02:25 AM

oceans~That doesn't really sound ligamentous to me. Especially if it's on both sides, at least to some degree. It could very possibly be a stress reaction (i.e. shin splints). They usually manifest lower on the tibia, but it wouldn't be unheard of for it to be that high.

drjen~That is AWESOME about your DD. I know how frustrated you've been. Apparently, it just took the right motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
I know this is way off topic sorry but I have to ask...So what made you decide to join?
: I'm interested as well. I grew up going to church every Sunday, very involved in our church, church camp every summer as a kid, etc., but have totally fallen out as an adult. Mostly because I'm not really sure what, if anything, I believe anymore. But I do remember and think fondly of that sense of community that I had growing up, and would like DS to experience that. But I might need to find a church that does evening services...I don't know if I could give up my Sunday morning ride/run time! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
And yes! Gaye, you are a super stud!

People keep telling me that, but I'm having a really hard time believing it. I think because I compare myself to my really really super stud friend, Sonja, and I'm not even close. I just figure...it's not that I'm good, it's not that I'm fast, it's not even that I have great endurance...it's just that I'm so freaking STUBBORN that I refuse to give up!

Thanks for all the thoughts on the hair thing. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who would struggle with this. I really do want to support her, and at another time in my life, I would do it with hardly a second thought, but the fact is that I *would* like to potentially begin dating sometime soon and also that my hair grows ridiculously slow, and I just don't see bald + trying to date being a good combination, kwim? Ahh, so selfish. I don't know. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to talk with her about it and see how she really feels. If it will really mean that much to her, or hurt her feelings if I don't, I might have to do it. But I really don't want to. :

Just took my first "real" stats test, and it wasn't too bad. I did well enough that I think I'll skip taking it again...we get two chances per exam and can drop one, too. Which essentially means that I don't have anything to do for stats for almost two weeks! : Which means I need to get to work on A&P and the accompanying lab. :

Yikes! I need to get to bed...track workout in the morning, and that alarm is going to go off WAY too soon!

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#202 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Geo: Sorry - I should have been more specific... I'm in the city of Neumarkt about 2 hours from Munich, but all of this is in the state of Bavaria. So you'll be headed to Bayreuth from Munich? If I'm not mistaken, that's only maybe 2 or 3 hours by car.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#203 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

No run to report here, either. I was going to run this morning but slept in instead and now I'm doing course prep (can't you tell? ) Maybe this evening I'll have a chance...

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#204 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 AM

DJ - Chill your Cheeks

TJs - k, so shin splints will just just ease on their own right? long as I start getting more realistic about my ability to walk/jog/run

#205 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM

mamabeth- yes, I am Cricket over there! Thanks so much for pointing me that way!

OceansEve- to be honest, I don't think anyone thinks they'll look good shaved! The response from others was completely worth the risk, though.

Also, have you looking into UU? They are pretty open. We checked out one in our area for the same reason. I am non-religious and DH is Christian but very against organized religion. I really wanted some community, so we checked it out. I've heard a lot of great things about UU.

I am going to try and get a run in this afternoon. I had my wisdom teeth out last weekend and instead of getting better the pain is getting worse. So.. hopefully I can get in today for a checkup to make sure there isn't any infection.
If I do run, today will be Week 1, Run 2 of the C25K program. WooHoo!!
#206 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 AM

Oceans, I have had that same type of pain, but it's related to the mild osteoarthritis I have. I believe it is Pes anserine bursitis. Rest and ice have really helped relieve it.

Jen, that is amazing about your DD! Nothing like a little incentive, eh?!

Gaye ~ great job on the stats test. Have fun with that A&P . Any chance you could shave the dog and bring him to Amy's party???

Yay, it's yoga day! I really hope I enjoy it. I ended up swimming late last night after DH got home from his Air Force thing. I'm so glad I went. Although I really wanted to sit in the hot tub, but it was too crowded with a big group of folks who, as I overheard them discussing, "live the lifestyle" (read: wife swapping... )! They are there EVERY night ~ about 5 old, overweight men, and one really hot 30 year old woman !

#207 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 10:52 AM

sorry to whine to you guys, but here it goes. i'm having a rough week my shoulder is still sore, though thankfully it is improving. it's improving so much that i can feel my forearm problem hurting again I can't believe i think that's funny. The whiplash is hurting less, but now i have a massive canker sore outbreak including a bunch on my tongue. talking is hard, eating and drinking are hard. my throat hurts and i'm not sure if I've got more canker sores or if i'm getting sick. did i get the sores because i'm getting sick or because i stressed out my body from bashing it into a rock this weekend? wah

okay. sorry to be all about me and then run, but i've got to get some of this work done or i'm in trouble!
#208 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 AM

as a church professional, I'm finding the church discussion interesting..... :

Gaye, could you "pledge" to grow your hair for locks of love instead? even if it takes a long time? maybe a middle ground, I don't think I could do it either. My job is not such that I can afford to be "extreme" in appearance at all.

I ran about 2.5 this morning. I cannot express to you all (although I know I have! sorry.... : ) the extreme joy that comes from running barefoot, or nearly so. It is just awesome. I am having to seriously talk myself into not going farther because I don't want to overdo it. But I'm going to try four miles on my trip this weekend.

all right, must do some work, but my brain is pretty much already in Toronto!

ETA: Drjen I am just not sure about a meetup for this time. usually I'd love to but we are going to be doing so much family stuff plus we're only there for a few days. But I think my dh is going to want to go back before too long, so hopefully the next trip.
#209 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM

oceans~It should clear up if it really is just being caused by going a little too hard right now and if you back off and ice accordingly. If there's a problem with your shoes, it may not clear up as easily, but that's how I would start.

jaygee~I actually have contemplated shaving the dog...it would save me $50 on a grooming but he's so neurotic, it would probably majorly stress him out to have that done to him in front of a room of strangers.

mandy~ Hang in there. I hate canker sores. I always get an outbreak when I'm stressed, although mine always seem to be in the crease where the cheek attaches to the gum. Ow. They suck.

Track workout done, and my friend just bailed on me for biking. Which may not be the worst thing in the world. I've noticed that the car is leaking oil since I got the oil changed a week or two ago which means I need to take it back in so they can tighten up whatever screw they left loose. Again. I swear, I despise this dealership. It seems like every.stinking.time I take it in, they don't do something right. : I also need to go to the grocery store to get stuff to make snack for DS's first day of school tomorrow since I'm the parent helper. And we're going to the Rockies game tonight with the local alumni chapter. Maybe I'll run my errands and then see if I have time to get to spin class at noon...

rr~Pre-race workout of 6x400 with 400 recovery. Which took me longer than the regular workout. The regular workout was 3 x 1000 with 200 recovery and then a hard 400.

#210 of 793 Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 PM

Gaye--sounds like it's time for a new mechanic. We were going to the dealer but after they broke our windshield and hadn't even looked at the engine problem we were done. They did end up fixing our windshield, but at first they denied it. :roll: We found another dealer close to our house that rocks. That was the week of the crazy hail storm and the week I first knew I was pregnant. Oh, and I don't think it's selfish to keep your hair. Everyone tells me I should donate. I will, when I'm good and ready to cut off my hair, and not before.

Lalala--UGH! on the insurance. DH is doing insurance stuff this morning too because they keep denying my Zofran refills. Their current denial is because I'm taking it "too often" (i.e., according to my midwife's prescription instructions. I know it's the maximum dose and it's not the FDA-approved usage, but it's also standard for HG). We ended up filling one week's refill out of pocket a few weeks ago, and it cost us almost $300...which it's clear we're never going to get back. We have a HSA so it's super-frustrating because it's not like insurance is paying a penny at the moment. But, because I needed the meds, we paid the non-insurance negotiated full price which was $200 more. The only plus was that it was still cheaper than the $500 it cost for the IV rehydration at the hospital a few weeks ago. DH is really angry about it all and threatening to write letters to their QI department because he knows how their quality measures work and that it might make a difference. I'm glad he's handling it though.

: to all the Dingos out there with job/kid/school worries.

I had a nice RR daydream while at acupuncture yesterday. I was running, solo, felt great. IRL, not so much. I've lost 9 lbs and if trends continue, will make it an even 10 before hitting 12 weeks (in a week and a half). I can't sit on a wooden surface without it being uncomfortable right now. Perhaps that's "normal," but IRL it's just messed up to not have any padding on my behind--which, formally, was the most well-endowed portion of my anatomy. Thanks for adding me to the preggo list though I'm actually due 4/3...but March would be awesome!

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page