Running under falling leaves - the October dingo running thread - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2009, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Halloween Dingos!

Had power yoga this morning, ahhhh so hard but so good. Then I headed down to the Cape Cod Canal with my boyfriend for a bike ride. I rode his aunt's old road bike for the first time and loved it. It hurt my hands a little since I wasn't used to the handlebars but it was so much easier to go fast than on my hybrid, well duh but then on the way back of our out and back, we were heading into 30-40 mph winds, so it was a lot slower. I definitely need to start swimming so I can do a tri next summer.

Penelope, I hope your dh gets the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
When I ran cross-country in high school, one of the girls on our team wore sneakers with no socks to run. I don't know if I've ever smelled anything so foul. She used to transport them to school in a sealed plastic bag every morning so as not to contaminate anything else.
This reminds me of my figure skates, since I skated barefoot, oh were they gross, so smelly.

Plady, yay for your DD! That's awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Happy Halloween!

We just got home from a nice evening down in the 'burbs at my best friend's house. We trick or treated the whole neighborhood, a BIG step up from last year's quick trip through the culdesac! The kids had a fantastic time, and even were brave enough to go up to the "scary" houses.

I have 12 on tap for tomorrow, but my quad is kind of sore today for some reason, so I'm a little worried. It's not like I'm in any hurry...if it takes 3 hours, that's ok, I just don't want to make it any worse this early in my training. On the other hand, I also don't want to get behind before I've even gotten started.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 AM

DH just accidentally ran over my jogging stroller on his way to work

The entire frame is bent. I think it's done. My own fault for parking it behind his truck after TorTing last night instead of moving all the bikes to get it into its proper spot.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
oh jaygee, so sorry about that...

plady, congrats to your DD!!! I often think about watching ds play soccer someday... it seems like a long way off.

jenlove, how old is your LO?

We had a quiet Halloween as DS fell asleep before we were planning to head out! We did, though, dress him up as a big pumpkin on Friday and a dinosaur last night here are some pics if you're interested.

http://usandpoppet.blogspot.com/

I started week 4 on the couch-5k program. It went well, though I have a sore knee today. I topped it off with a couple miles on the elliptical, a centergy class (yoga/pilates) abd half a group power class (I was worried DS wouldn't take a bottle of ebm.

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
Old 11-01-2009, 11:49 AM

Jaygee, single? you can have mine.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM

JayGee.

Just got back from a very, very sticky 9 miles. This is an 'off' week on my half mary training schedule (basically I miscalculated and started too 'early' so I have a couple extra weeks built in). I only ran Friday, yesterday, and today this week b/c my parents were here and I just couldn't get out. Still, I managed a 16 mile week which isn't awful.

Today the weather was so odd. With the time change we went out earlier, knowing it would get hot really quickly. So at 6 a.m. we started and there was like, a cloud on the ground. Thick, thick sticky fog. Yech. We were drenched before we even ran a mile. You can imagine how we looked and smelled when we got back. First thing dh said to me was 'get thee to the shower!'

Amazing how a good run can be a psychic 'reboot' button though. Man, I needed that.

3 WEEKS TO GO TIL THE HALF MARATHON. I'm getting nervous I won't be able to finish.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Off to go run my 10K (It's a late morning start). My head feels stuffed full of something and my nose is running and my throat is sore. I have no fever, though, so I'm praying I'm just coming down with a cold and not the flu I've been exposed to umpteen times this last 2 weeks.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 PM

PSA: NYC Marathon on www.universalsports.com . My kids have been banned from touching the computer this morning ! Nothing like frosting cupcakes and listening to the marathon. Ahhhh.... . Good times.

I've been thinking about my stroller and maybe its time has come. I've had it since DS was 18 months old (Spring 2003) and DD2 is 3.5 years old now and I rarely run with her anymore anyway. I think I'll be okay without. Sniff. Thank you for the offer, RM.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Go DoctorJen! Have a great race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
PSA: NYC Marathon on www.universalsports.com . My kids have been banned from touching the computer this morning ! Nothing like frosting cupcakes and listening to the marathon. Ahhhh.... . Good times.

I've been thinking about my stroller and maybe its time has come. I've had it since DS was 18 months old (Spring 2003) and DD2 is 3.5 years old now and I rarely run with her anymore anyway. I think I'll be okay without. Sniff. Thank you for the offer, RM.
I'm watching now too, and it's going to be broadcast on NBC this afternoon. Sorry about the stroller.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Go, drjen!

Sorry about your stroller, jaygee.

I'm watching the marathon, too, although I'm trying to get motivated to get out for my 12. It's really depressing that the elites are going to finish an entire marathon faster than I'll get my 12 done. And here's a quote from the announcers: "That last mile was 5:06. That's a very easy, comfortable pace for these guys."

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 PM

My dd is 8 months now. 8 months?! Gah!! :P

JayGee ~ Oh no about the stroller!!!

V had a great Halloween. She had an awesome costume, carved a pumpkin and dug into pumpkin guts, and slept SO good last night.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM
bec

I'm going over to Sarah's to watch the marathon!

Go Jen!!! Have a great race!

No way V is 8 months old!

The girls had a great Halloween. I had too much of their candy, though. It needs to leave the house.

But, I have RR!!! I got 3.25 miles in with the dog in tow. He did great, I did fine. Not too much hacking, and because I was warmed up, it was productive, gunk clearing coughing (I know I can be gross with you guys). I'm hoping to really start ramping up my mileage again. It's been long enough since the marathon, and I need to be burning calories!!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Run, DrJen, RUN!

JayGee, that blows about the stroller.

Toe report: Did the same route that made it hurt last time, concentrating on how the toe felt and where my foot was in my shoe on the steep downhills. And it's fine. Maybe it was a fluke or a sock issue? It's still a bit sore from before but I can tell it's no worse so I'm going with fluke until proven otherwise.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM

November Thread

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

User Tag List