Dingos Run for Turkey and Pie! November Running Mamas Thread - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

#1051 of 1055 Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
Do you mamas think it would be good/helpful to make up a sheet of paper with info on it for the teachers to photocopy and send home with the treats for parents to see?
I'm a pot stirrer by nature but I still think it would be a good idea. I wish I was getting one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
I'm looking for suggestions for a book to read between now and then. 6 yo boy - what are your thoughts?
Harry Potter? I started reading those with dd when she was 5 or 6 and she loves them. My brother was always into the Swallows and Amazons stories about British kids in the lake district doing stuff on their sail boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post
Both my boys got extra stripes on their belts
I got two stripes yesterday too! My testing is on Dec 16 for my low blue. Good luck to you all at yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
a service that I normally charge $200 for I get a bit irked.
I'd definitely spell that out to your supervisor midwife. Maybe she doesn't realize how much you charge or that you don't normally do it for free? Are you talking about drying the placenta and putting in capsules as a sort of energy medicine?

Kerc - Before I spent too much energy getting pissed I'd find out why the other flyer didn't make the cut. Maybe the x-country skiers don't have enough to send home? Or aren't as motivated?

Mommajb - I do hate typos (mine particularly) but I haven't noticed any of yours. I think my keyboard battery is dying though because I keep missing letters somehow. Let's blame it on that anyway!

So, anyone want to make a December thread?

RR: I did a good lower body workout and then swam for 15 minutes. That wasn't so long but I felt wiped by the time I was done. There was a guy a couple lanes over that I just couldn't help myself from trying to race. He had those underwater earphone thingies that I'm now coveting.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1052 of 1055 Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM

My lap is full and the same people that populate my lap dirty my keyboard. I think that explains all muddy thought processes and dirty keyboards.

I am logging my runs on daily mile. Is that what others are using? Any tips to get the most of it or feature you love? I am 'practicing' this month to see if I like it for the new year.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#1053 of 1055 Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM

memiles~I would be very , too. I mean, it's bad enough when people I know volunteer my services as an athletic trainer without asking my permission, but that only takes up my time and energy, it doesn't actually *cost* me money. I'm sorry.

mommajb~I use Dailymile, and I really like it. There are some things that I still like mapmyrun better for, but I'm anal, so I just use both. I like the social interaction, I really like their facebook interface, and I like their mileage tracker.

8 more miles, in the bag. 4 by myself, followed up by 4 with friends. Not too bad, although I wasn't very enthusiastic about it. It's supposed to get really, really for the next few days, so this might have been my last semi-enjoyable run for awhile. I may even have to resort to the dreadmill on Thursday...

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#1054 of 1055 Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM

Memiles, it really does not sound mean of you. I totally understand, having given away a ton more honey than I sold this year. for you.

I've decided to make the sheet and send to the teacher so she can print and copy if she likes. It will be focused on what we do as opposed to what we believe.

I missed lunch today, as well as my workout.
#1055 of 1055 Old 12-01-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

December thread

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page