Finally losing weight but now my breasts are depressing me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2009, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the title says it all.

I was a 38D, and now that I'm (finally) losing weight, my breasts are so saggy and flat. They look terrible. (I can't believe I'm sharing this.)

Is there anything that can be done besides surgery? I mean, yes, I can wrangle them into a bra and fold them in such a way that it looks like cleavage (OK, I dont' have to fold them - I'm exaggerating a little - but I feel like that is the direction I'm headed!) but my issue with this one thing is overshadowing my delight at losing some weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM

After 4 pregnancies and losing alot of weight in between the last 2, plus nursing. I have finally figured out that the only thing I can't change are my breasts. I hate mine. I got up to a 40DD and stopped nursing so they went to a 38D. I lost 30 lbs and didn't lose any breast size. You can work the muscles underneath them to help, but it won't help much. I know you want to hear different news, but honestly, I had to just come to terms with mine. Maybe somebody else has a better experience.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM

I remember feeling depressed about my breasts when I was winding down nursing my almost 2 year old. They were wrinkly and weird from all the stretch marks. I looked down and felt like an old lady!! I guess I was young enough for them to bounce back though. When I finally lost the rest of my pregnancy weight they stayed about the same and I did regain a bit of perk. We'll see how they look this time around. I'm nursing my 7 month old and they are nice and round now!! The only difference is that I don't have any new stretch marks.

I suppose you could try some firming creams......if you're not nursing. and theres always a boob lift! I think I'd be up for that somewhere down the line. I'd never get implants because I prefer small ones. I miss my 34B's (I'm a 34/36DD now)

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Ugh me too. I have lost 30 lbs in the past 3 months and feel soo great about my body....except my breasts. They are like deflated balloons They have gotten smaller but they are still big-yet saggy at the same time. It sucks.

I really think I am going to have the surgery. We may try for one more baby next summer so I will wait until after that so it doesn't interfere with BFing but I feel pretty set on my decision to get them fixed. I am not a person who is overly concerned with looks or focused on having the perfect body and lord know my DH is the sweetest and is attracted to me no matter what but this just feels right to me.

Wish I had some advice or something!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 AM

I don't have a good answer for you either. I hate mine. They are full of stretch marks and saggy and wrinkly. I could go on, but you get the picture. I went from a 40D to a 36C. I lost about 55 lbs. I have also thought about the surgery but between the cost (ouch) and the pain and scarring, I just don't think I will follow through with it.

It is something I am trying to come to terms with.

User Tag List