December Dingos Run Through the Holidays! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gaye - I'm so sorry about your friend. Keeping her babe in my prayers.

Kerc - where in Iowa? If it happens to be Council Bluffs, and you feel like zipping over to Omaha to have lunch with me...

Nic, I have the same problem with dd - tall, long legs, skinny, plus she's really picky about her clothes. Have you tried getting skirts taken in? It might be worth the money - my tailor does really nice alterations, and they're pretty reasonable.

I have no Advent stuff going - I'm always taken by surprise. I'm planning Santa Lucia day in advance this time, though...

Somewhere between 7-12 students are coming for dinner tonight. I think dh is going to need to buy a new lasagna pan. Plus clean the house, since I don't have time.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#122 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 AM

Jo, I'm sorry - I know how special our animals can be...Peace to Mrs. Goat.

Gaye - how horrible, I so so hope that baby Jimmy can fight and be there for his daddy and family. What a horrible loss.

LaLaLaLa - I do the same thing sometimes, I call it a "catch," like it's a catch in my ribs. I don't know what it is, but if I can take a deep breath, it hurts like hell, but then it goes away.

I ran 5 on the dreadmill last night - but dh helped some of it pass quickly by talking to me while I was running.

So, dh wants an escalator from Santa... hmmm have no idea how to gear him away from that, or find something representative...he has occasionally said a robot...but that's it.

I hope to get a quick run in tonight before dh and my's date...
#123 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
So, dh wants an escalator from Santa... hmmm have no idea how to gear him away from that, or find something representative...he has occasionally said a robot...but that's it.
I sincerely hope you meant DS !!!!! An escalator would be cool! Impossible, but cool.

Gaye ~ prayers for baby Jimmy. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Tragic .

DH comes home tonight! And he managed to knock out a whole bunch of Christmas shopping at the BX while he was at Wright-Patterson AFB. Which Dingoes live in/near Dayton again? Looks like it might be on the short list for DH's job search .

The house is a disaster area, so it's time for a quick cleanup before I bring my cakes to DD's school and head to the Y for a dreadmill run (thanks Gaye )!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#124 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
lab

Thanks for the advice ladies. mommajb - I appreciate the idea of input from ds. I've been reading each response to him as I get them. Based on the ladies who ran in hs - it seems as if it is the same workouts. poppywise - i agree that he should be working on other ways. Our team this season was one of the most injured teams in our division.

geofizz - you're funny!

bec - how many miles a day will you run to get in 80 for the month? Yikes!

I'm having a hard time keeping everybody straight so that I can respond!

Does anyone run with a hubby is A LOT slower. How does that work? Hubby and I ran the local turkey trot together and it was a disaster. We didn't speak on the ride home.

I feel like I'm intruding on you folks!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#125 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post
Does anyone run with a hubby is A LOT slower. How does that work? Hubby and I ran the local turkey trot together and it was a disaster. We didn't speak on the ride home.
No, but it's the reverse here. Although our kids are younger so if we run together he pushes the jogger (or double jogger) and I just trudge along. If we go to a turkey trot together we go and he's supposed to meet me at the end. I get my feelings hurt if he runs back and trys to re-run the end with me. We've found it best to do our separate things.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#126 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Which Dingoes live in/near Dayton again? Looks like it might be on the short list for DH's job search .
BBM lives near Dayton, Geofizz isn't too far away either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Kerc - where in Iowa? If it happens to be Council Bluffs, and you feel like zipping over to Omaha to have lunch with me...
way way way northeast.

Geofizz: FWIW I had three different companies tell me that I was measuring wrong when I tried to buy a nursing bra (vs. using a cami style bra). Umm, no. I followed your (different) directions online and came up with the same size each time. Shanti had problems buying bras (opposite problems), but I remember her buying them at a brick and mortar store and talking about some kind of extensive size range they sold there. Might be worth turning in the dingo light and seeing if you can find out some information about it.

#127 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
When I was in college, the gym had a stair climber that was like walking backwards up an escalator. About four stairs at a time would appear, and then they'd fold down underneath and around the back. I liked it much more than the fake stair climbers. Perhaps this is more of an investment than you'd like to make, though.

The local toy store has little robot bugs at the register for, like twelve dollars. Probably I'll buy one for DH's stocking; he and I joke about robots because he'd love one and I think they are super-creepy.

No run today; woke up with a blazing headache at 3:00, probably from eating far too much sugar yesterday. I baked chocolate cookies, plus my mom brought macaroons with her when she came to babysit. I still feel kind of crummy, so good thing the cookies are all gone.

I found the rib cage thing I've been struggling with; apparently it's a common annoyance: Precordial Catch Syndrome. Not dangerous, and nothing to be done about it. Ouch; I've been dealing with it for days now.
#128 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post
Geofizz: FWIW I had three different companies tell me that I was measuring wrong when I tried to buy a nursing bra (vs. using a cami style bra). Umm, no. I followed your (different) directions online and came up with the same size each time. Shanti had problems buying bras (opposite problems), but I remember her buying them at a brick and mortar store and talking about some kind of extensive size range they sold there. Might be worth turning in the dingo light and seeing if you can find out some information about it.
Um, band size is not 36. I can say that with certainty, given my inability to breathe when wearing 36. Cup size is less than B, considering loose flaps of fabric evident. I'm pretty sure I know the size. The problem is that bra makers don't think I exist. I probably will go into nordies when I'm in San Francisco, though.

LisaM found a 38a online at Target, but since this is for a particular outfit, it covered too much.

JayGee, Dayton is about an hour's drive from here, and yeah, BBM isn't far from Dayton at all. I think the rails to trails might even connect the two?
#129 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Gaye - I'm so sorry about your friend! How's Jimmy doing today? That is just so hard.

Lab - You're definitely not intruding! And it does seem like a point to ponder about the connection between no cross training and lots of injuries. Of course I can imagine that by bringing it up you might have to prepare to volunteer to lead the way or something, or at least that would happen here since it's such a small town.

Jo - How are you doing? I'm glad you got in a good run and that the ground isn't frozen! I remember being there this time last year in the snow!

RR: I got a good upper body workout in yesterday, it's so satisfying to find that I can go up in weight! I took my measurements too to see what kind of progress I was making, I haven't lost a single pound according to the scale (I had for a bit and then it came back) so I was pretty happy to see that since Sept 1 I've trimmed off 3" from my waist and 2" off my bra band! I still have inches to go, my waist to hip ratio is still in the red zone and I'd like to finish off that flab under my belly button but I'm still feeling good about the point of all this lifting.

Zub - I forget how little your baby is but I've found it nearly impossible to start really shedding baby weight until about 9 months. And I agree with the sleep deprivation being a part of it too.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#130 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 AM

snort...yup, ds, not dh!

That said, now any ideas? I like the robot thing...
#131 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Also assuming this is DS....

How about taking him on an outing to a fancy mall, ride the escalators to his heart's content, and go out for a cookie and cocoa?

Come to think of it, I think I did get something very similar like that for Christmas one year.

DD has leveled up again in her understanding of mathematical concepts. This week it is self similarity and series. Still working on adding in the classroom, though. Brushing up on Fibonnoci, Pascal's triangle, and fractals.
#132 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 12:03 PM

Hi Dingos! I have been enjoying reading your posts with my little 8 week squirm worm in my lap. DD is 12 lbs and I think she is probably big enough for a jogging stroller on pavement.

A couple questions for the running mamas -
Anyone have any advice for using jogging strollers with the very LO's? I can't seem to find a thread on this, or much info on the internet for that matter.

Do you have any recommendations for a jogging stroller? I will be running mostly on roads and maybe some packed gravel when DD is a bit bigger. I will probably be getting one second hand on Craigslist.

cheers,
Kate

Kate - Mom to DD - 10/15/2009
#133 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Welcome Kayalana! I have a Bob Ironman and LOVE it-I don't think you should run with the little one until they have good neck control-around 6 months. However, the BOB now has a bar attachment that you can purchase so that you can put your "bucket" in there-still I am not sure if you can run with the stroller with that attachment or if its just meant for walking at that point until they are bigger? You would have to read what the BOB site says-I got mine in early 2005 and the bar didn't come out until the next year.

Lab-I am the same as Kerc-dh is much faster than me (and a foot taller!) we start out together in races and then let each other do their own thing-and have a meeting point after the race. For training runs-he pushes the bigger kid-I push the little one -and I catch up-he circles back and gives me a wave if he gets too far and I am not sure which direction he is headed. If its just the two of us running for a training run(hardly ever!)-we usually take advantage of the time we have together and actually run together and chat.

Gaye- prayers for Baby Jimmy and his family.
#134 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 01:09 PM

Hi all!

Kaya, congrats on your little one! I second the recommendation for a BOB. They also have a 'sport utility' version whose wheels are slightly thicker than the Ironman (both are true running strollers with fixed front wheels; the swivel wheel ones are good for wogging and walking but not as great for real running). You definitely need to wait a bit longer for more head control, but there is also a shearling-style insert for strollers called a "Snuzzler" that cozies them up in the jogger. My kids really loved that.

RP and I did a very fast 3 miles today (fast for me....32:04 ) because I was ranting and raving with aggravation at dh and it must have been like I hit the turbo button or something. We have 7 scheduled for tomorrow, so didn't want to do too much today.

But I am . Apparently now dh has to go up to nY next week to deal with some old business from closing his practice there. He'll be gone 6 days. On the one hand I am actually really looking forward to this we have had way too much together time the last few months due to his unemployment and we are used to having very independent styles. On the other hand, WHEN AM I GOING TO RUN?! It would figure that next week I actually have a paying gig to substitute teach, all week. Which means I'll be working when the kids are in school, and will have no one to keep them so I can get out for a run.

WHAT am I going to do?! I don't have a babysitter here. Guess I need to find one, quick. No way I can go that long without running, for sanity's sake, fitness' sake, or marathon training's sake.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#135 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
Hi all!

Kaya, congrats on your little one! I second the recommendation for a BOB. They also have a 'sport utility' version whose wheels are slightly thicker than the Ironman (both are true running strollers with fixed front wheels; the swivel wheel ones are good for wogging and walking but not as great for real running). You definitely need to wait a bit longer for more head control, but there is also a shearling-style insert for strollers called a "Snuzzler" that cozies them up in the jogger. My kids really loved that.

RP and I did a very fast 3 miles today (fast for me....32:04 ) because I was ranting and raving with aggravation at dh and it must have been like I hit the turbo button or something. We have 7 scheduled for tomorrow, so didn't want to do too much today.

But I am . Apparently now dh has to go up to nY next week to deal with some old business from closing his practice there. He'll be gone 6 days. On the one hand I am actually really looking forward to this we have had way too much together time the last few months due to his unemployment and we are used to having very independent styles. On the other hand, WHEN AM I GOING TO RUN?! It would figure that next week I actually have a paying gig to substitute teach, all week. Which means I'll be working when the kids are in school, and will have no one to keep them so I can get out for a run.

WHAT am I going to do?! I don't have a babysitter here. Guess I need to find one, quick. No way I can go that long without running, for sanity's sake, fitness' sake, or marathon training's sake.
I have no idea how old your kids are or your running situation - but what are the odds you can get up early while the kids are sleeping? This worked for me when my kids were school aged but still too small to leave alone. Although - I was able to run in the neighborhood so I didn't have to 'leave'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc
No, but it's the reverse here. Although our kids are younger so if we run together he pushes the jogger (or double jogger) and I just trudge along. If we go to a turkey trot together we go and he's supposed to meet me at the end. I get my feelings hurt if he runs back and trys to re-run the end with me. We've found it best to do our separate things.
This sounds like the best plan - but he gets so irritated that I'm faster than him and he is just plain rude about it. Of course - I agreed to run with him and then just couldn't. So live and learn I guess...... I should be glad he runs with me huh???

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#136 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseed View Post
Welcome Kayalana! I have a Bob Ironman and LOVE it-I don't think you should run with the little one until they have good neck control-around 6 months. However, the BOB now has a bar attachment that you can purchase so that you can put your "bucket" in there-still I am not sure if you can run with the stroller with that attachment or if its just meant for walking at that point until they are bigger? You would have to read what the BOB site says-I got mine in early 2005 and the bar didn't come out until the next year.
Thanks for your response - I will probably try to go for fast run/walk on pavement with the infant carseat in my carseat framestroller. That might work on a paved rail trail until DD gets a little bigger. As for the BOB, I have been hearing a lot of good things about that one.

Kate - Mom to DD - 10/15/2009
#137 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_My_Babies View Post
Bec - I just had an eye dr. appt, and I found out that my dr and her husband ran the Grandma's last year. I am really hoping that my half marathon goes well so I can join you there!
Oooh, Dingo meetup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post

bec - how many miles a day will you run to get in 80 for the month? Yikes!
It worked out to about 23 miles per week and I'd be done by around Christmas. I'm on track to run about 27 miles this week, so I'm hoping to be done before Christmas!

RR: Zumba and 3 miles of speedwork done!

Abby just informed me that she wanted to change her name, but wasn't able to give me a new name she wanted to be called. Sometimes she can be such a malcontent. I didn't realize how hard it was and what a tough life a 4 year old can have!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#138 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
Abby just informed me that she wanted to change her name, but wasn't able to give me a new name she wanted to be called. Sometimes she can be such a malcontent. I didn't realize how hard it was and what a tough life a 4 year old can have!
Kay told me she wanted a new name too . She wants her new name to be Livvy. Or Katie. Or Anna. She can't decide . And she was really sad yesterday because a boy in her class called her fat. And she's not. At all. But she told the teacher and he got sent to the principals . Just what I need is a 5-year-old with a complex about her body already.

I ran 4 miles this morning at the Y and then jumped on the elliptical to round out the full hour. I'm digging the slow running . I feel like I could go forever.

Welcome new Dingoes! Kayalana ~ hopefully tjsmama and Zubeldia will chime in about their running strollers. I can't remember what it's called, but I know they both love the brand they bought and Zubeldia's came with a baby sling insert for those younger than 6 months. It's been a long time since I've run with a little one, but I was very happy with my Baby Jogger brand stroller.

lab ~ I don't run with DH unless it's purely recreational jogging/chatting. He's not fast. But he plays soccer WAY better than I could ever dream of . Luckily, we both know our strengths and weaknesses.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#139 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM

Kayalana--I started running with DD when she was 2 months with my ped's approval. I reclined the seat (it reclined almost all the way flat) and used one of those carseat head support thingies so her head wasn't bouncing around. Also, I stayed on paved, smooth surfaces until she was like 6 months old.

I have fantasies this time of getting a gently-used Chariot with the infant sling. My old jogger is still in working condition (it's a Dreamer Design), but the number of miles I've put on it are rather evident. I got my stroller gently used from Ebay but it looked like new.

kerc--did you say recently that you had both of your kids in a Chariot 2? I'm assuming they still fit comfortably? I'm thinking that would be super-useful for snowshoeing next winter because DD doesn't snowshoe very long before she gets tired and it would be nice to not have to carry two kids.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#140 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM

So DS had a terrible day in school today. i had a huge voice mail from the teacher and I guess there's paperwork in his backpack that we have to sign because now he has to get professionally evaluated for his behavior problems. I'm at a loss and am completely beside myself. he's not 'that kid' at home and I don't understand why this is happening and I haven't a clue on how to fix it. ugh. i feel awful about it and then i feel awful about crying over this because in the big picture it's not a big deal. but i'm sitting here at my desk .

RR - lifted weights today. but my hamstrings were not cooperating so it was sort of 1/2 arsed. i did do a whole bunch of pushups and planks.

off to go pick up my future juvenile delinquent.
#141 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Mandy.

Is it possible he is overwhelmed, sensory-wise, in school?

Some kids (and this is me, even as an adult) have trouble filtering out ambient noise/distractions and it takes all their energy to cope with that, then all of a sudden they just can't anymore. It can come out as aggressiveness, inattentiveness, etc. but isn't necessarily a 'syndrome' (like ADHD or something). I don't know, just throwing a thought out there. I have to work very hard in situations with more than a couple people not to lose it, unless I'm heavily focused on something or it's very quiet.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#142 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realrellim View Post
kerc--did you say recently that you had both of your kids in a Chariot 2? I'm assuming they still fit comfortably? I'm thinking that would be super-useful for snowshoeing next winter because DD doesn't snowshoe very long before she gets tired and it would be nice to not have to carry two kids.
Yes, but walking. IME it's better to have one child in the sled while skiing or snowshoeing. Can you try Gaye's before shelling out the cashola? And FWIW .... if you're running at ~6 months the infant sling can be done away with. We used a towel rolled up to prop Erin up when she was a wee thing.

#143 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
bec

Just wanted to send a out to you, Mandy. Try to take a long view approach. You know he will be adjusted to school in a few years. He will be able to sit and get along with others when he's a teenager, etc.

#144 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:05 PM

jaygee~Dayton is a great little city. I love that area. My best friend growing up was there when her DH was stationed at WPAFB and they really enjoyed their time there. That said, I'm still rooting for Colorado!!!

kayalana~Welcome! I have a Chariot, and LOVE it. Seriously. They are expensive but soooo worth it. Especially if you have thoughts of biking with your little one(s), as it is also a bike trailer. I didn't get mine until DS was almost a year old, but I have several friends who have used them starting around 6-8 weeks for running with the infant sling. The infant sling is really nice, and they're really secure in there. You can sometimes find them on Craigslist, although around here, they're snapped up almost as soon as they're listed. A couple of the things that I like about mine over other jogging strollers (other than being able to use it as a bike trailer): it's totally encloseable, as in no chucking snacks/toys/books/blankets out; it's totally encloseable, so I can take DS out even when the weather is kind of crappy, he's bundled and warm and cozy inside; lots of storage space; breaks down and folds up really easily.

mandy~

real~You're more than welcome to test mine out if you like, but I don't have the infant sling. As mentioned above, I have several friends who DO have the infant sling and really like it. You might keep an eye out on Craigslist. They're almost impossible to find, but I think this is probably the right season to score one.

I learned a few hours ago that baby Jimmy didn't make it. I'm guessing that he may already have been gone by the time I heard the initial news yesterday, as they buried him with Robin today. I got a message from my advisor that they suspect it was an aortic aneurysm, so she really never had a chance.

My running partner bailed on me for the morning. Sigh. Wimped out b/c of the cold. So I was debating whether to go ahead and follow through with the plans to run in the frigid cold at 6:15, or to go to the Y for 12 miserable miles on the treadmill, or to bag it tomorrow and run Sunday morning, when it will be just as cold (or colder) but I can actually wait until daylight. I think I'm leaning toward Sunday. I'm in the middle of baking cookies, making spiced nuts, and making pulled pork for tomorrow morning's holiday party, and I'm already tired.

rr~Spin/pilates class this afternoon at the Y. I decided to test out my lungs and skipped my inhaler (but took it with me, just in case). It seemed to be ok, although I think I've been coughing a bit more since. I'm definitely not ready to give it up for running quite yet.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#145 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayalana View Post
Hi Dingos! I have been enjoying reading your posts with my little 8 week squirm worm in my lap. DD is 12 lbs and I think she is probably big enough for a jogging stroller on pavement.

A couple questions for the running mamas -
Anyone have any advice for using jogging strollers with the very LO's? I can't seem to find a thread on this, or much info on the internet for that matter.

Do you have any recommendations for a jogging stroller? I will be running mostly on roads and maybe some packed gravel when DD is a bit bigger. I will probably be getting one second hand on Craigslist.

cheers,
Kate
I used to have a double BOB and LOVED it! DH backed over it and I was SO mad. I had an extra sort of cushion in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
So DS had a terrible day in school today. i had a huge voice mail from the teacher and I guess there's paperwork in his backpack that we have to sign because now he has to get professionally evaluated for his behavior problems. I'm at a loss and am completely beside myself. he's not 'that kid' at home and I don't understand why this is happening and I haven't a clue on how to fix it. ugh. i feel awful about it and then i feel awful about crying over this because in the big picture it's not a big deal. but i'm sitting here at my desk .

RR - lifted weights today. but my hamstrings were not cooperating so it was sort of 1/2 arsed. i did do a whole bunch of pushups and planks.

off to go pick up my future juvenile delinquent.
How difficult. Maybe there is someone/something triggering it at school. What does he say about it?

tjs: It IS cold!

We are in Moab and it is super cold! We are running a 10k tomorrow that cost over $35 and then we find out there are over 1,000 people running it and that there are no chips! Rip off! DH is running with the GoBug stroller thing and I am just running. He beat me at the Turley Trot by 30 seconds with the things so I am hoping to beat him tomorrow.

We have been traveling and I ran all of 5 miles this week after running 50 last week and 48 the week before. Darn! I was on e such a roll!
#146 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 PM

So sad for baby Jimmy and his family.

Nick, I am glad you found the menorah.

Geo, wish I had some solution for your bra problems.

Mandy, I second Nick's thoughts on all the stim at school. It's worth looking into. But it will get better.

Things here are all right. Buried poor Tooba with dh last night. My mom came today and besides groceries, I got little done. Working on planning dd's and my niece's co-bday party (a mock formal) with my sister, which is a fun thing.

And suddenly, it is below freezing. It doesn't matter whether it comes in October or December, winter is always a shock to my system.

Between running and digging yesterday, I was pretty sore today. Then dh and I did some insane furniture moving (hauling an extremely heavy dresser--because it is too large to fit up the stairwell--up a ladder and into the house via the second floor balcony door), so tomorrow I may or may not be OK to run. Going to try.
#147 of 915 Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Robin and Baby Jimmy. What a tragedy, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Three miles on the dreadmill. Not very much fun, but done. The same mileage and the same pace outside feels so much easier, I just can't get out of my head while staring at the wall.

I think I'm going to pour a glass of wine and go take a bath.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#148 of 915 Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 AM
bec

Jimmy and Robin. How utterly tragic.

We took the kids to Pizza Hut (they had those BookIt free pan pizza deals for reading), and then to the lighting ceremony for the tree in town. There were a bunch of really cool fireworks, and the kids were mesmerized. But, man, was it cold!

Rest day tomorrow, but I have a birthday party to go to (and shop for), and girlscout meeting to prepare for Sunday. We're starting a building/architecture try it. It's the way I am going to introduce the bridging ceremony to them (they will be moving from Brownies to Juniors at the end of the school year). I have had the idea that they would build their own bridge to cross! So, we're going to talk about the ceremony a bit, as well as the try it. I'm excited. I love it when ceremonies and the symbolism in them can also be put to a practical use!

#149 of 915 Old 12-05-2009, 02:08 AM

lab - DH is a lot slower than me but he is not at all competitive and doesn't get all bent out of shape about women running faster than him. We're doing a half on Sunday and he'll probably finish an hour after me. Yikes, that sounds like a lot of time, good thing he doesn't care!

Gaye - so horrible.

Mandy -

bec - building a bridge for the bridging ceremony is awesome!

We're leaving first thing in the a.m. for our annual kid-free trip to the Vegas half marathon. I'm so excited! I just wish it didn't start at 6 a.m. Oh, and while I'm at it, I wish it wasn't so cold, too. But it's all so fun it doesn't matter. Ciao, dingos!
#150 of 915 Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 AM

Go, cfg, go!!! Run fast!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page