Dingos Take on 2010 at a RUN - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bec, I am sorry about your phone.

drjen, I hope you get some sleep and a run.

RM, try mytruefit.com though I don't have any real experience it looks like a sizing system similar to the one Guess jeans used when I was in jr high.

I have to get ready for LLL and am sucking up dingo energy so I can go support these new moms.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#482 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Morning, Dingoes!

OK, breakfast is made, kids are up, bags are packed. I magically got up earlier...I wonder whether there is something about working that gets me up earlier. Anyway, I will be going in again today and finishing up the doc, but happily I should have plenty of time to work out hard at the Y first. Word is there will be pizza at the work meeting. Packing my salad before I leave.

The jeans talk has me more motivated to lose the rest of the weight! Of course, then it will mean TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory and St. Vincent, but still.
#483 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 10:44 AM

yoga yesterday via yogatoday.com. it was my first time using the site and I have to say that it might help me figure out my problems finding the right yoga class. Also my cousin who is a yoga teacher in VA is talking about skyping her yoga classes, which might be another avenue.

jeans - for pants i prefer to have very few, but nicer options. IMO it's okay to get spendy jeans if you're just going to have one or two pairs. But right now i don't have an awesome pair of jeans and i'm afraid to go into a jean store and try on. my legs are so short and 'athletic' that it's usually pretty depressing.

Bec - DH cracked his screen at Disney but has been using it just fine.

hour ride scheduled for today, I think i'll try to hit the gym instead of the trainer but we'll see how work goes.
#484 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
bec

No, no insurance. I am not sure such a thing exists for the dropping of precious iPhones.

I have a hard time finding good jeans. I have belly issues, and I need something with a higher rise. I have a high waist, and if I don't want muffin top (and, really, who does?), I need the top of the pant to be at my waist. Sadly, Target doesn't believe me, so pants from them don't fit too well. Most pants don't fit me well. I have a narrowish waist, and larger butt/hips, so you can see my dilemma. Add in the belly skin (courtesy of having a lost a lot of weight and having had a c-section), and you create a bad jeans combo. My MIL, one Christmas, though, got me a pair of jeans. They were Jones of New York brand from Macy's. They were on sale for $85. I was trying to recover from fainting dead away at the price, while MIL was telling me that this was really a very good deal, that I needed to try them on, and to please stop making a scene about it. Anyway, they are the very best jeans ever. They are size 8, make my butt look nice, no muffin top, and make me feel sexy. Well worth the high ticket price!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#485 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post
I was going to ask what makes these jeans so wonderful until I got to a further post that said the Costco price is $100. I get virtually all of my clothes on the 75% off rack at Target. I don't think I've ever spent more than ~$6 on a pair of jeans. I'm feeling all just thinking about a $100 pair! I'm kind of curious to try them on, I mean, for that price I'd look like a supermodel, right?
I am having the same reaction! I had no idea these were that expensive! I didn't know you could spend that much on jeans outside of Rodeo Drive! Well, as far as sizing goes, these are 8s and they are quite loose (in fact right now I'm wearing them over a pair of workout pants and they're still roomy). My favorite all-time pair is a pair of Levi guy-fit jeans which are also 8 but which I have to suck it in to button them. Maybe the more you pay the smaller the size you get to wear? Or am I just being overly cynical?
But, whatever one's comfort zone with paying for jeans, there is something about having really great fitting jeans that makes me feel .

Memiles- I think our area (that being basically everything between B'ham and Tukwila) has some of the best thrift storing anywhere. I've found some amazing deals on great quality stuff and I do often wonder if the people doing the pricing just don't know or just don't care. But it's awesome.

RM - That was quite the supermom schedule you posted the other day!

Bec - Sorry about your phone.

DrJen - I hope your other mother is long since done and snuggling and that you may yet have a shot at a run today!

Okay, I've got one (completely calm and happy) dd off to school and one to dress and get ready. Have a great day dingos!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#486 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Maybe the more you pay the smaller the size you get to wear? Or am I just being overly cynical?\
Hmmmm, there may be something to that! Whatever it is, I'll take it!!! I still can't believe I can get into a size 8 somewhere!!!

#487 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM

Okay, so one of my out-loud New Year's resolutions to my kids was to not spend so much time on the computer when I should be playing with them during the day. Can you see the impact this is having on me? Eek, I'm lost in this thread!

Well, we also went away for the weekend to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday, and I'm not on the computer much there. I didn't run there, either. Now I'm back in the groove, though.

Ah, jeans. When my mother-in-law died almost two years ago, her husband asked me and my sister-in-law to please go through her closet and take anything that we wanted. She had probably thirty pair of jeans, most in my size. I took five or six pair and have been slowly wearing them out, then turning them into skirts. When I come across a pair that fits exactly right, it's so nice. I'd definitely save up and spent a hundred bucks for a quality pair of jeans. I tend more toward nerdy corduroy pants, though.

Bec--I'm so sorry about your phone! When I first got a cell phone, I sent it through the washing machine in my pants pocket, and was devastated.

Nic--I have the same breast problem. It's made even more annoying by the fact that my breasts are so small that if it weren't for my nipple problem I could go without a bra altogether. Instead I have some nice barely-padded bras that I like a lot that keep things under control.

Gaye--Congrats on your contest!

Memiles--My mom and I were talking about tattoos in church on Sunday (if my mom were in my generation, she would totally be tattooed), so when we got home I showed her your Facebook picture of your new tattoo. She pronounced it breathtaking, which it is. I hope it is healing well.

I'm back to running yesterday and today. Still stuck at 3 miles on weekdays, unless I can get up out of bed earlier. This morning both kids ended up in bed with us, which is not at all restful. We have a queen-sized bed and our kids are 5 and nearly 4. DD wanted to be in the middle, but DS was already there, so DD was whining that she was too cold, and DS was grinding his teeth..... I should have just left for my run an hour early, instead of trying to fit myself onto the very edge of the bed to grab a little more sleep while the kids thrashed around and whined. Cosleeping with one of the kids is fine. Nights when they both decide to join us, though, are a nightmare.

Okay, looks like I've reached the limits of DS's patience. Plus I have more homemaker extraordinaire work to do--clean bathroom, make beds, plan out dinner, finally pack up the last few Christmas decorations, do a load of laundry. Better get started.
#488 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Jeans: I used to wear expensive jeans, very briefly in my lifetime. For about two years after I met my DH, he picked out clothes for me. It was really great, and then I started gaining weight after I quit smoking and we moved to town. Since then, I've only bought second hand. I got a few pairs of nicer jeans from a friend my size, but I'll be happy to buy new jeans when I lose a little weight. I'm actually heavy enough that I stick to skirts more often than not, because jeans are not very flattering.

Today I am on a new week of my running program, with today's run being Run2, Walk1 (minutes) and the last run of the week being Run4, Walk1. I can do this! It will be great! Right?! My weekday runs are during lunch time (DH is home for lunch) so I only have so much time to get out there. I've been warming up and cooling down inside/around the yard to save some time.
#489 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM

bec~Sorry about your phone! Your jeans post made me (and I'm supposed to be updating IEP's here at work--definitely not something to make you laugh. Oops.)

plady~Woot for your girl coming home happy yesterday!

jeans~Totally addicted here. I need to go through the ones I have and toss some, but that's soooo hard! Do any of you get your jeans hemmed? I have short legs and the pricey jeans are all too long for me. Every now and then I luck into a pair that fits. I tend to find mine at Loehman's. I lurve that store!!!

rr~another gym day. 35 min on the crossramp, then weights. I'm trying to figure out the best way to reenter the world of running without getting injured again. Anyone know of a return-from-injury program?

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#490 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM

Nemesis, you can, and it will be great!

I'm off!
#491 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 AM

All this jeans discussion makes me want to go shopping!

I'm having a hard time figuring out the right winter clothes/shoes options for work. I usually wear dress slacks, but those look really dumb (and get wrinkled) when I tuck them in my snow boots (I change into heels at work).

So I'm thinking I need to switch to just jeans over the winter or else maybe get some sort of rubber pull on boot to more loosely cover my pants bottoms.

Option A does mean a chance to do some mor shopping

Is there something I should be doing different that I don't even know about yet?

I never even thought about this problem before

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#492 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
Nemesis, you can, and it will be great!

I'm off!

Thanks! Good luck with your day, too!
#493 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM
bec

Cali - Sexy high heel boots that they dress slacks can go over?

Nemesis - You totally can and will love it!!!

Ok, it looks like I will be able to get some pool time in, so I'm going to go for a long swim. I'm hoping to do at least a mile!

#494 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
Or, if you want to go a little led zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven.
This is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
My knee feels fine (although numb), but my low back and hips are really uncomfortable. I have a bad feeling that all of my lower leg problems may actually be a back issue. We'll see tomorrow morning, I guess.
Did you find out what was causing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningmommy View Post

Made up my own Lady Cleavage type work out since she really hasn't posted much new since Christmas. I'm getting tired of checking her site and nothing there. So I did skips, squats, weight lifting, abs, pull ups, push ups, etc. then the 1 mile run on the TM. Even a few minutes of stretching after wards.

Since then I have grocery shopped, put up said groceries, in the middle of my fourth load of laundry, made dinner in the crock pot, played some wii, showered, cleaned shower, taken out the trash, taken kids to school.

I'm on track for today so far.
Ack! You are so productive! I love days like that.

And who is this mysterious Lady Cleavage? I seriously need some weights in my routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
If I'd had a cane with me, I would have been shaking that at them too. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post
Yeah, I probably will get them. I got two pairs last time they had them and I can't express how much I those jeans. I mean...I *like* my Gap jeans, but the 7's....love, pure love.
Why have I never heard of these jeans? My entire wardrobe (except for running stuff) comes from Costco.

Oh, Bec! I'm sorry about your phone. That totally sucks.

Mommajb, I hope you have a good LLL meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
jeans~Totally addicted here. I need to go through the ones I have and toss some, but that's soooo hard! Do any of you get your jeans hemmed? I have short legs and the pricey jeans are all too long for me.
same problem here. I have a couple of pairs set aside for hemming, though this is the first time I'll ever try it. I thought it would look silly because of the different thread color, but they will save the thread from the original hem and use that somehow if asked. Not sure how that works, but from what I have seen, it looks like the original hem. I'll report back once I get it done.

No real FM to report today, except for running up and down the hill while sledding with ds. I have a cold and my sinuses are killing me, so I'm just biding my time until I can go to bed.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#495 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM

rm~I *still* don't really understand how the sizing works. The first time I bought the 7 jeans at Costco, I bought two pairs that looked about right, took them in the bathroom to try them on and then immediately returned the ones that didn't fit. I buy a 30 in the 7's, and I typically wear a 6 or an 8 in other brands. I also have the problem of much smaller waist than hips, but these seem to fit me pretty well in that department, although a belt is required.

towson~I have the same problem...I have short stubby legs, so I have to have most pants that aren't petite (and I'm SO not a petite in any other way) hemmed up. But even paying $10 to the tailor across the street for hemming, these are WAY cheaper than in the store!

It's supposed to be a gorgeous day here today, almost 60! I'm going to take advantage of the warm-up to test out the new skirt I bought to wear on Sunday, and if it gets delivered before we need to leave, the top. The original tank top I bought is ok, but I didn't love it, so I bought a different, t-shirt style top. We'll see.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#496 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thanks for the and support for yesterday, dingoes.

I ended up doing not one bit of work It was a day of comedy of errors, and both dh and I impressively managed to keep goo humored about it. We'd arranged a day so that I could work, dh could work, one of us would be with ds and I'd also manage to workout and get ds to his 6 month wellness appointment. Well, Sunday night ds began what I think is a growth spurt. What good timing! So little sleep, missed workout, drove ds 40 mins to appointment only to find I'd gotten the wrong time So I drive home because I don't know how to kill 3 hours with no supplies with me, arrive home and ds had had massive blowout in his nappy requiring a bath.. a quick lunch and back to POrtland for appointment. Fortunately dh makes it (because I'm meant to be working at this point but want to be there for ds's shots) and we arrive home for dinner... Oh well. Last night sleep was even worse. 3 hours - most of it before midnight - and I dragged myself out for a run before dh left for all day meetings because I knew i'd be panicking about not having done ANY work yet and classes begin next week. Mercy. Still, dh and I are managing to find the humor in all of this, and so that's good...

And I did say no to this extra work, and feel good about doing so. I just can't imagine how I'd cope with trying to come up to speed on huge, contentious issue on 3 hours sleep.

Dh and I have this very intricate planning system we're trying to manage so that ds spends more time with one of us than nanny - so far we've kept to the plan... umm, not once. I'm sure it'll eventually help. Right?!

mommajb, glad you're feeling a bit better

Bec, dang, so sorry about the phone

Jean talk... I dress so appallingly in terms of things fitting. I really hate shopping so I go into a store, pick out anythign that might fit (always erring on the much too big) and take it home and hope for the best I inevitably have jeans that are miles too big. My shop of choice right now is Loft. I wear their petite sizes so that when they hang off my hips the bottoms don't drag on the floor!!

Mandy I have rather athletic legs too...

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#497 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
Hmmmm, there may be something to that! Whatever it is, I'll take it!!! I still can't believe I can get into a size 8 somewhere!!!
My theory is that the designer brands sand the brands that like to pretend that they are designer (IE Gap and Old Navy, think commercials for days and lots of different cuts available) size you smaller. If you smile when you look at the tag you are more likely to go back. I've found that the less image conscious brands (levis, etc) size a bit bigger.

As for sizing, you really have to try them on. Different styles in the same brand fit very differently based on how they are cut, especially for those of us with booties and athletic thighs.

Oh, and please don't tell DH about my jeans. He spends $20 on the Costco house brand jeans and thinks he's splurging because they aren't on sale. I'm ok keeping him that way as it balances our budget, right?

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#498 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towsonmama View Post
Anyone know of a return-from-injury program?
I know a few people who've had success with the Pfitzinger plan.

bec - Stairway To Heaven It's funny you mention that because that super-tough mountain ultra I was looking at last week calls the last portion before you get to the top 'The Stairway To Heaven'. At the very top they have a lady dressed as an angel playing a harp.

nic - how ironic that you only have that problem now after moving somewhere "warm".

My waist is way out of proportion (smaller) from my hips, too. I always, always, always have to wear a belt to cinch up the extra fabric. Hmmm, maybe in the $$$ jeans I wouldn't have to? Now that might just make them worth the price...I can't get these dumb jeans out of my head.

rr: scrapping my run today because the top of my foot has been hurting ever since running The Mountain on Sunday. I'm thinking the name needs to be El Diablo for now since I'm angry that it's hurt my foot. &^%@#$ mountain.
#499 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Thanks, cfgirl! I'll check it out...

Mama to three crazy, wonderful kiddos: dd1--12/2002, dd2--3/2005, and ds--3/2006

#500 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM

We have a diagnosis! One that actually makes sense!!! New doctor thinks I partially tore my hamstring, down low where it attaches to the fibula, on the downhill final leg of that %$#& relay last May. As it healed, it created lots of scar tissue which compressed the peroneal nerve, causing the numbe feeling down my calf. Because my hamstring doesn't hold my fibula where it belongs very well, the fibula tends to get "stuck" causing pain along the outside of my calf. In the past, I had good luck with fibular mobilization because that got the fib back on track, but because the hamstring didn't heal well, there isn't anything much to hold the bone where it belongs (especially when running). SO, for the next 3 weeks I'm having ART on my hamstring 2x a week. He did the first session of ART today and I can already feel a difference. All the hip/back/butt issues on my right side are from compensating for the left leg issues. He watched me walk for about 5 minutes and said it was like my body couldn't wait to get off that left foot . I am very confident about this guy. He's very highly recommended by lots of people in the running/triathlon community and really took the time to fully listen to my history, examine me, and explain what he thought the mechanism of the injury was. Seriously, my appointment lasted almost a full hour. Big !

Jeans ~ I wear Levis. Mens 28x28 505s. Yes, I really am built like a 12 year old boy. How sexy.... .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#501 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM

Just back from my run! That was tough. Whew! One of the last run intervals, I had to walk a little sooner than I was suppose to. Otherwise, I did all of the running I was suppose to. But man.. that was tough. I don't know how I'll make it to the end of the week!
#502 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
But man.. that was tough. I don't know how I'll make it to the end of the week!
One foot in front of the other, step by step...that's how you'll make it! You can do it! And before you know it, you'll have run the entire distance and not even given it a thought!

#503 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 PM

Holy moly, you guys. I have money to pay bills because...

I finally sold the 3 1/2 place settings of silver I got for my wedding 14 years ago, never used, and never could (or intended to) complete the set. My mom insisted I register for this stuff, I at her and then put it away in a chest somewhere. I just remembered it the other day and we are stressing because dh hasn't gotten paid yet and the bills are due.

So I did some research online and took it to a reputable place here (jewelry store, not pawn shop) and because silver is so $$ per ounce right now, I did Very. Well. Holy moly! I should call and thank my mom for what I thought was a completely useless gift (I mean, who registers for sterling silver anymore?!) but I'm afraid she'll freak at me for selling it.

Phew! We can buy groceries for a couple weeks too, and then hopefully dh will start getting paid and we can breathe again. I hope.

So, PSA: if you have any stuff lying around in the precious metals department and don't use it/want it/need money, now's a good time to sell! Who knew?!

Back to your regularly scheduled running...

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#504 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Nic, I'm glad you guys have groceries, but....that sucks to have to sell stuff. hoping your dh finds a job very soon.

I have just a sec, we are planning a lot for the year for work and it's been crazy with meetings and such! But I did get to run outside yesterday, dodging the snow (although VFFs have decent traction, who knew?) for four miles while dd was at dance class. it was great! totally needed it. tonight I start our running bible study again (you all might remember it from last year) and there are over 20 women signed up! not sure the Starbucks will fit them all, but we'll see how it goes!

take care mamas, will try to catch up tomorrow.
#505 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 05:09 PM

RR! I ran! Finally, a real run! I ran 3 miles at the track with my friend in exactly 35:00. And so it begins. Again.

Now I want a nap .

Mel - Cleavage Lady is Zuzana of bodyrock.tv. She posts these intense workouts and does a video montage of her doing the exercises and it's just pure fitness porn, but the workouts are good. And hard

Nemesis, you'll just do it and I wouldn't be surprised if they got easier as you go.

JayGee - That sounds like a really thorough exam! How awesome to be feeling on the right track at last!

Nic - for wedding silver!

Callie - What do your colleagues do? I don't know nothing about no dress pants.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#506 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Thanks, guys. I know it'll get easier. I was really surprised at how hard it was today. Maybe it's just an off day.

Nic, way to go! Although, I would love some sterling silver flatware. I came across a 61pc set at a thrift store for $40 a few weeks ago, but somebody bought it by the time I had gotten the ok from DH and come back. Oh, well.
I'm glad you got some extra money. That always feels good.

I am on my way out the door to put in more job applications. Looks like I'm down to Kmart and fast food joints. *sigh* There isn't much for evenings/weekends around here.. and since we are in desperate need of a car, it has to be within walking/biking distance. Which is the whole town in the summer, not so much in the winter.
Wish me luck!
#507 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM

May I just rant at Mother Nature for a moment?

We are in the midst of record setting rainfall this week. Yesterday, my planned run day, was torrential so I suffered through the punk kids on the indoor track and slacked off a mile from my plan.

Today, although gray, it's not raining. A drop. Every forecast was for no breaks till Friday. I'd have broken the self imposed knee protection rule and ran 2 days in a row, but when I walked into the Y it was raining! I swear, I go in that building and the rain magically disappears!

Sigh. What do you bet tomorrow it rains again, then is dry on Thursday when I'm in clinic?

Nic, Yay on the sale. I have two place settings of nice china (registered because DH wanted it, but our family isn't exactly the type that gives gifts that expensive), as well as a set of Homer Laughlin antique cup thingies and a bowl from my mom (umm, what the hell?) that I keep thinking should be listed on ebay.

for the job situation, Nemesis. Your perfect job is out there just waiting for you!

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#508 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM

jaygee~ for the new diagnosis. It *sounds* reasonable to me. I really hope this is the answer for you!!!

Hmm, wishing I had registered for flatware that I could sell...I'm pretty sure the china wouldn't get me much, if anything.

I got a panicked call from my best friend on my way to drop DS off at school, so here I am, sitting at her house, watching her kids (who are currently engrossed in a movie). Her nanny has strep and she has a staff meeting at school that her administrator was laying a guilt trip on her for potentially missing. It's all good, she promised to buy me dinner. Luckily, XH was set to be the helping parent at school, and he was willing to keep DS until after dinner time. I should feel bad, considering I'm leaving in two days, and I won't see DS for 4 days, but I really don't.

rr~4 shockingly hard miles. Taper madness, anyone? Holy cow. Ok, so there was a killer headwind for the first two miles, but still...well over 11 minute pace for 4 miles. Yikes. The good news is that I my skirt and the new top that I just ordered to go with it, and it got the seal of approval from all my friends, so marathon outfit is taken care of.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#509 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
bec

Hurray JayGee!!! I hope this means quick and easy relief for you!!!

Nemesis - Congrats on making it through! Remember, some runs are just hard!

Gaye - Do you remember the 4 miles as I was tapering that I could only run half of? You're going to ROCK this marathon!

FMR: So, I went to the gym to swim today. I haven't been feeling the running love in the last few weeks (probably because of the cold, and anti-treadmill feeling). But I got to the pool, and in an hour, I swam 47 laps!!! That is 1 mile and 600 meters! WOOT!!! I'm so proud of myself! That's the farthest I have ever swum before.

I also got my phone fixed.

#510 of 1354 Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 PM

JayGee, for a diagnosis. I hope you have a way of decreasing the scar tissue. Good luck!

Plady, way to get back to the running! I am right there with you, darling.

Gaye...are you nervous? I stank like a skunk before my first marathon.

Nic, abundance is right around the corner! G!d willing!

memiles, don't ask me how I feel about the weather these days.

I was complimented at least 5 times today. By that many people. I work because I am a narcissist. I should have some downtime by Thursday, and then it will pick up again Monday and be hard going for a week...but it should quiet down again in time for dh's upcoming trip out east. Shwew.

I ran 5k on a tm, then did 25min on an elliptical, and then walked another mile at 5%. Good workout. I LOVE that I can get in and workout before going to the office, and still meet the bus in the afternoon. Let them spoil me.

It does mean packing and carrying a lot of bags, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page