Dingos Take on 2010 at a RUN - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nic ...that is hilarious! For your ds it's not, but for adults it's funny!
We have a clipper set. It sounds similar to eksmom and it works great.

I have to pick a tri to do. I need something to look forward to right now, and something to train for to keep me honest. I actually miss swimming, and that's wierd because it was the thing that freaked me out the most when I first began. I do not know where I'm going to end up living right now, but it has to be near a gym with a pool.

Rosetta Stone is awesome! I do actually have it for Spanish, but loaned it out.
Lofty..that is a great gift!

Ultra's...I will cheer from the sidelines for y'all!
#242 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM

Penelope - Thank you! Please, if you don't mind! If anything it would be nice to have an opinion from someone who may not be on the case so to say. :0) Then I can drive the cardiologist crazy with all these outside thoughts/suggestions!! Are you in Washington? San Juan Islands? I am from Tacoma/puyallup... met my husband while he was stationed at Whidbey!

JenLove - I have a sony e-reader. I love it. :0) It's fantastic for travel. However I still buy regular books often. I just like how with my e-reader I can take it with me where ever. Especially if I am going to have kid free time on public transit or at a doctors office.

Runningmommy - Sorry, no I haven't really expressed what's been going on. It's a huge long back story that has compounded into additional problems that now I don't even know what is what. Long story short, he was exposed to TB. So we had to put him on the antibiotics to prevent it from turning into anything serious. A week on the meds he came down with this horrible rash. Took him to a local Polish Ped and he told us it was fifth's disease. Made sense. While there he asks us when was his last ECHO. My jaw drops. Then I remembered at birth they told me he needed one but the results were normal and they told me it would go away. So I relayed that to the Ped. He told me we should have a ECHO done soon and should have had them regularly.

Then we went on to some GI issues. We've been dealing with this for years. His Ped since birth was never concerned and told me it was normal. Then I associated a lot of the constipation and large bm's with potty training. He as completely PT' by the time he was 2.5 but I know boys can take longer for bm's. Well a few months before he turned 4 I had enough and went to the embassy doctor who told me he needed to see a GI. But of course with all the traveling and upcoming moving we had to keep postponing it. He's always had this enormous gut. His Ped back in the States always said it was because he was a toddler and didn't have stomach muscles yet and it would go away. We were suppose to see a GI in the States but our RR got screwed up courtesy of the USMC. So we came here to Warsaw with the issues. I saw the Embassy Doctor as soon as we got here but that is when we found out his PPD came back positive and we had to go down that road. So before we even got to tackle the GI stuff we're seeing this Polish Ped for the rash. He informs us that my sons rib cage is bowing up and outward because of the stomach. Then he points out this huge hernia down the middle of his stomach. How could I have missed that ALL these years. So yeah a GI pronto.

So that's where we're at now. He has a heart murmur that I thought was gone and not a single doctor has mentioned SINCE birth. In addition to this hernia and well the bm issue. Then there is just the logistical nightmare of where we are and how everyone wants to do things their way! Doctors ego's getting stepped on. My husbands command freaking the hell out about protocol which was followed but they're saying my husband didn't. Basically everyone was putting their ego first and my son is just in the middle of it all. It's all straightened out now logistically and appointment wise. But I have been waiting since December 10th to get confirmation of this trip and just to get the answers. I realize heart murmurs can be normal but a hernia down my sons stomach is not and these pooping coke cans bm are just painful to flush. So I know they are difficult on my son.

Wow! I'm really sorry I really went on a ramble there. I apologize in advance. I know there wasn't a need for all the back story but well, there it is.

Loftmama - We were suppose to do Zanzibar but then Zambian airways went under and took our money with them. I'm actually on track to go back to Kilimanjaro with some folks there from the Lusaka Embassy. I don't know if I'll make it though and the flight to get back is so expensive!! Your kids will love it. Our son was turning 3 and then turned 4 before we left and it was just the best experience for him. I mean what kid says "Not another Hippo mom, or insert what ever animal we saw plenty of". We were nervous he wouldn't enjoy the safari rides but he did and we enjoyed the lodges ourselves just as much! I would love to do something similar to what your DH did, pre hubby/kid. Maybe even with the hubby if he wasn't attached to the damn MC way of life. LOL Take your kids. It'll be so worth it. People in Africa are just different. Whether locally born or not the attitude and lifestyle there is just amazing. I can see why so many missionaries go and never come back.

rr : 2.5 miles in 20F and did it without stopping. Came home and my thighs were turning purple. MUST get cold weather gear. I'm fine 1-2 miles but the last 1/2 mile was torture. I felt so cold. At least I know the rest of my body is warm, it's just the thighs!!! I am 9.85/500.

I may be absent for a bit we leave tomorrow afternoon and not sure when I'll get internet again or how long I'll be in Vienna. Maybe it can all be nothing and I can enjoy the paid trip to a different country! I am bringing my new Canon 7D with me and hoping to get a few good shots!

Michelle (26) - the bean counter, wife to Chris (30) - USMC, established in 2000 with the greatest gift Connor (4) joining us in 2005!!
#243 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Michelle, I'm in Nebraska. Sigh.

I'll PM you.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#244 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Michelle, I'm in Nebraska. Sigh.

I'll PM you.

I'll have to go back and see who it was that I saw SJI on the sidebar and Whidbey being talked about. LOL

Michelle (26) - the bean counter, wife to Chris (30) - USMC, established in 2000 with the greatest gift Connor (4) joining us in 2005!!
#245 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
I'm going to buy a clippers this week. It will be cheaper and less complicated if I just learn to do it myself. Any recommendations on what to get/not get (bearing in mind I have never cut anyone's hair...ever).
Considering the alternative, I guess you gotta laugh.

I cut DH and DS's hair with clippers. We got a cheapish brand at Target and sent in for a $5 rebate, so I think the whole thing cost less than one haircut. I use scissors over the ears, and otherwise just buzz DH, and DS gets buzzed going straight up (not following the head). Pretty easy. Bangs are a bit harder, but the key is just getting the kid to stay still. Videos work for that. We started doing it as a time saver, since DH's barber was taking an hour. It's cheaper than cheap. Looks fine.

DD's ortho appt was a non event, after the impressions were done. She got spacers put between molars for a few weeks, and the torture device goes in two weeks for now. No gum for the foreseeable future. <gasp> I'm not sure how we'll cope. Gum is how we keep DD from eating through her clothes. DH is instructed to ask for "heavy work" chewing alternatives.
#246 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
Plady--Holy cow, did you really do the snowboard/Vcrunch workout? Last week I didn't get to run in the morning, so I decided to check out Lady Cleavage and see what she was all about. When I saw her doing that workout, I was like "yeah.... no. Definitely not." I did some Jillian Michaels Shred thing instead on TV, which was much easier.

Sipping free hot chocolate and listening to live music while watching hundreds of Christmas trees burn on the beach sounds like my kind of an evening. Can you imagine the smell?
Thank you for making me feel far more buff than I am and that evening sounds divine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
mommajb, mamabeth, Gaye, and other "maybe" ultra Mamas ~ I am SO with you. I love to run trail and if I can ever get past my injuries, I'm registering for a 50K, as a "starter" ultra. Yeah, I know I've never even run a marathon. But I want to .
You're one spunky dingo JayGee

CFG - You did say 50 miles! Dang! I was all like "Oh whew, they all mean 50K like that's no big deal but then you go and reiterate MILES! I can't even think that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post
i love hearing about the ultra plans. i have only done one half (for which i trained poorly, in '06), but have big things in me yet.
There's the dingo attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post
Plady, walking around SMA with a baby on your back is an AWESOME workout for the lower body. Those are some totally serious hills!!!!
THanks, I'm banking on that one for today because I never did make it to the track. By the time we got home from the Tuesday market (big once a week deal) Alison needed to nap so dh went and I stayed home and read this mostly sad but awfully familiar book, An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination. Maybe it was weird timing to read a book about stillbirth as we're back where it all went down and a month away from the day but since I'd started it I wanted to finish. And I wanted to be done with it, it was giving me my old recurring dreams about me letting my baby slip under water and away from me and I never jump in to save her and then always wake up feeling like a total a-hole. Super blech.
But on a funnier related note, tomorrow is Three Kings Day and the tradition is to make a cake with a baby (Jesus, that Jewish kid) in it and whoever gets the piece with the baby throws a party on February 2, Wendy's b'day. So I'm talking about this with CHiara and she gets all excited that if we do the cake with just us one of us is guaranteed to have to throw a party and we can make it a birthday party and she can invite all her friends. And I'm all and and and all at the same time imagining what her little girlfriends would make of that.

Anyway, all in all it was one of those somewhat icky dirty white days and I felt all discombobulated and antsy, not helped at all by not running I'm sure.

Mochelly - I'm from SJI and I'm also a Penelope IRL. But I don't know anything about cardiologists in Germany. I'm so sorry your son is going through all this and for you too, there's just nothing worse than not being able to help your child immediately.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#247 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 PM

for some reason I'm all off track here,

Jo~did you go back to work?

Plady~did you move back to Mexico?

mochelly~thanks for bringing me up to speed. your family has been through so much! glad to hear that you are finally being allowed to make some headway and pray that you have answers and healing soon for ds.

Nic~wow, that is a funny conversation. i would do clippers too, it's not that difficult to learn. if I remember correctly the last hair cut your son lost one of his sideburns, then you get this kook.

DSD finally called the new therapist, and I am hoping she starts with him next Tuesday. I am curious how that will effect her and life in general. Okay, off to do some more research on her disorder.
#248 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM

What? Jesus was Jewish???? that is fantastic. people say the weirdest stuff.

CFG, where are you again? Are you near one of the biggies? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to say...I just forgot. I think katemom ran the JFK and it's supposed to be a good "beginner" ultra. There's also a few near me, the StumpJump (which would be a B#$% because of the climbs, but really pretty), and Pine Mountain 40 mile. Wow, now that I'm looking at a calendar there are a million 50Ks all of a sudden. Crap. in a good way.

ETA: http://www.blueridgerelay.com/ drooldrooldrool

I'm almost as "fast" now as I was shod. relative term, of course. I have noticed I'm faster in VFFs than barefoot, but whatever. It's been 6 months so I guess that's normal.
#249 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM

RM, no, I didn't go back to work. I did pick up a freelance gig (which I hope wraps up fast), but I am working on the novel that's been in progress for the past 5 years. Almost as long as I have been running. Go figure. So now, because I have had some reasonable success setting and reaching running-related goals, I am setting eerily similar writing goals. Something along the lines of "work out daily, write daily," and "at least 20 miles and at least 5,000 words a week." It's intense, but if I don't do both these things before the ground thaws, they may never happen at all. And 1) I can't afford to not get a grip on my weight; and 2) If I don't write this thing, I will truly and forever be disappointed in myself.

mochelly, wow. Good luck, mama. I don't have any advice, just

Nic, we had a Wahl and dropped it and replaced it with a cheapo, and it's still running fine. I do dh's hair, and sometimes he does ds, sometimes I do. Either way, thing has long since paid for itself. Dh is kind of vain, so I have to use a lot of the thingies, like #1-4. I use scissors around the ears, at the front, on the sides, and to blend between 3 and 4. Go for it.

I'm captivated by ultra talk, too. Maybe someday, like in another couple years. I need to get into wicked shape first.

Plady, reb had a bday party for Rainey and Grace. It was her dd's idea.

So, since tomorrow is my classroom day, I need to decide whether to work out early or late...and as you might assume, I am leaning toward late. 10:00 is a great time at the Y, I learned today, but that's when I am in the classroom. So, it's either 8ish or noon, and noon is the lunch hour crowd. S'pose I could wait until 1230 or 1ish...

One thing I am pleased to report, though, is that I think I am improving. I am getting a wee bit faster, and I'm pushing my endurance a little.
#250 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabelle View Post
Nic ...that is hilarious! For your ds it's not, but for adults it's funny!
We have a clipper set. It sounds similar to eksmom and it works great.
Actually ds was unfazed and even funnier...he was wearing his 'I SANG IN THE CHABAD CHANUKAH CHOIR' sweatshirt, which on the back has...a huge menorah. Could we be wearing more of a "HEY LOOK I"M JEWISH" sign? (it was unintentional...that is his 'extra' at preschool and he basically swam in mud today so he had it on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningmommy View Post
Nic~wow, that is a funny conversation. i would do clippers too, it's not that difficult to learn. if I remember correctly the last hair cut your son lost one of his sideburns, then you get this kook.
Yup. You'd think I would have learned by now to just do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeth View Post
What? Jesus was Jewish???? that is fantastic. people say the weirdest stuff.

Whod'a thunk it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
Nic, we had a Wahl and dropped it and replaced it with a cheapo, and it's still running fine. I do dh's hair, and sometimes he does ds, sometimes I do. Either way, thing has long since paid for itself. Dh is kind of vain, so I have to use a lot of the thingies, like #1-4. I use scissors around the ears, at the front, on the sides, and to blend between 3 and 4. Go for it.

One thing I am pleased to report, though, is that I think I am improving. I am getting a wee bit faster, and I'm pushing my endurance a little.
Okay...wahl, or something else. Check.

on the getting faster and stronger thing! Yay!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#251 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Speaking of Ultras.....CORNFLAKE GIRL and MAMABETH...

This guy trains for ultras by running to work... which was 25 miles ONE WAY.

ultraguy in SF

Although I have to say, only coffee for breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch has me seriously questioning the guy's humanity. Who does that and commutes 50 running miles? <--faints from hunger

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#252 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
ETA: http://www.blueridgerelay.com/ drooldrooldrool
Ohhhhhh.... I would so be in for that. It might kill me and I would definitely need closer to the 12 person team than the 4 person but ohhhh... I would love to do that.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#253 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppywise View Post
Speaking of Ultras.....CORNFLAKE GIRL and MAMABETH...

This guy trains for ultras by running to work... which was 25 miles ONE WAY.

ultraguy in SF

Although I have to say, only coffee for breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch has me seriously questioning the guy's humanity. Who does that and commutes 50 running miles? <--faints from hunger
Redwood Shores to Daly City?!? And dude, and Mission/E Market ain't flat.

Bailing on RP again. Snow and wind just aren't my thing. Even less than the treadmill.
#254 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
l

I'm almost as "fast" now as I was shod. relative term, of course. I have noticed I'm faster in VFFs than barefoot, but whatever. It's been 6 months so I guess that's normal.
I am dramatically faster bf/minimalist in that I can run this way, and I couldn't while shod.
#255 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM

I'd love to do an Ultra someday, after I get a few marathons under my belt ideally. I'm a few chapters into Born to Run right now and loving it. I also want to go out and buy some Chia seeds now.

rr: 5 miles. Calves were soooo tight and painful for the first 2 miles so I stopped and stretched out as much as I could and the next 3 miles were much better and faster. I can't wait for my massage and ART at PT tomorrow. I'm going to miss PT when I'm done actually. I need to start being consistent about doing the exercises out of PT so that my calves/shins keep healing.
#256 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 PM

1 hour and 30 minutes on the trainer tonight. Watching Mallrats, which i believe is a very funny movie.

Needed to work out some anger tonight. DS did not start off the new year with a good day at school. Another call at work. I feel that he's just being a jerk, there's nothing really wrong with him other than he's enjoying causing problems. His teacher is worried about him falling behind in school work as he's spending all of the lesson time out of the classroom for misbehaving.

So, after reading him the riot act about his behaviors I explained that when he doesn't do school at school, he has to do it at home. And set him down at the table for some reading and writing and so forth. I'm just so sick of this. I feel like a failure and am really unhappy about it. Add to the fact that this is a small town, everyone talks and I'm not excited to be the social pariah because my kid is a jerk in kindergarten. Honestly. The only thing that makes it less bad is that I WOHM, so I don't come into social contact with the rest of the world that often. Apparently other parents are moving their kids into other classes because of the ruckus that my kid is making. I really don't know what to do.
#257 of 1354 Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 PM

Mandy. I love Kevin Smith... I'm working up the courage to someday show some of his work to students. I'm not sure Clerks II will ever make the cut, though.

My kids' school is cancelled for the fourth day (not in a row) tomorrow. I might just go on strike here.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#258 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 AM

lala - thank you for the hot buttered Cheerios idea. I'm all about the butter too and these are SO delish!

poppy - I can't figure out how that guy is so big and buff on just coffee and the occasional cottage cheese lunch with all that running.

mamabeth - I'm in SoCal. I have no idea if I'm near any of the biggies, heck, I don't even know what the biggies are! The idea of an ultra only got under my skin recently after reading BTR. I did look briefly today and found this 50 miler in the hills nearby where I'm starting to do some running. It might not be the easiest course for a first timer but you could stay at my house.

rr: 5 easy on the TM, barefoot since it was just a recovery run.
#259 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM

mandy, I might look at it a different way. These problems are new this year. If was handling life well until now and there was no foreseeable reason to hold him back then his teacher is not doing well by him and if he is being allowed to disrupt the classroom she is not doing well by the other students. She may be doing her best and be a lovely person but their styles are not meshing. One little boy cannot be at fault for "all this" out of the blue. I hope for everybody's sanity the situation is better understood soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#260 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Good grief, Mandy. That sounds bad. Has the eval been done yet? I'm with mommajb, though, the key to this situation is the school. He's fine at home. He spent time in daycare and preschool without problems. He's learning fine. The school is the change. Is the teacher clear on that? Have you observed the classroom?

I had another thought on this in the middle of the night. Does he have any signs of allergies? Are there any animals in the room he might be allergic to? Something else he's reacting to in his environment?

Doing the work missed while at home seems like an appropriate consequence for bad behavior, but it seems clear to me sitting here looking in from afar, the problem is with the school, structure of the day, classroom, or teacher. Not your kid.
#261 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 AM

Yawn. DD2 was up most of the night with a cough. I "slept" with her on the bathroom floor, with the shower running. Dumb cough. DH barely slept at all and has decided to cancel his trip to Dayton, where he was scheduled for a federal resume writing workshop.

Mandy ~ I have to say I agree with mommajb here. DD1 has two boys in her kindergarten class who can be very disruptive, but the teacher has gone out of her way to come up with ways to help them with their behaviors and the social worker is very involved in the classroom. Now DD comes home and tells me, "K had a great day in school today!" or "J didn't have to go to the principal's office today." Like she's all happy for them for behaving well . What is the teacher doing to actually help him change? Sending him out of the room is not working, it's just putting a band-aid on the issue. I really hope things improve for you both.

Ultra-pondering mamas ~ I picked up a copy of Trail Runner magazine last week and they have their annual calendar issue with EVERY trail run/race of all distances listed for the entire year. Mommajb ~ check out Dances With Dirt in Gnaw Bone. They've got distances from 13.1 through 100K (including the infamous 100K relay I did last year) and the race is in Nashville/Brown County State Park. Hmmmm... if we can get enough Indiana/Ohio Dingoes together for a team, maybe we can do the relay .

Huge snowstorm headed this way tonight and tomorrow, so I'm heading out for another sled or two today. I fully anticipate school cancellation tomorrow.

RP (that would be my Running Plan ) ~ 45 minutes on the trainer this morning and my first endurance running class tonight ! I can't wait!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#262 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Abs and PT done last nite

Plans for a short run today

Mandy - for you and DS

Nic - oh my goodness, bless that hair stylists heart
Where is it that you moved? (not Florida by any chance??)

mochelly - and for your trip

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#263 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM

CFG - that race looks cool. I used to mountain bike in that area when we lived in san diego and I think I know exactly that 8 mile climb.

Ultra-wannabes - there's a 50m and 50k in southern VT in late september called, oddly enough, the Vermont 50. It's supposed to be a classic. I'm hoping to do the bike version this year.

school crap - thanks guys. this is really hard on me. I wonder if the school is disciplining him at all, or just talking about feelings. Sometimes I think a tough talking to by the principal might push him in line. ugh ugh ugh. they're doing some video today and the eval is tomorrow. hopefully i'll have more clues next week.

headed to work, then home to finish packing and then off to GA for a few days. I'm not planning on 'racing' my race on Saturday unless the temperature picks up. My feet will get frostbite if I'm on my bike for 50 miles in 32* temps. But I will ride some and hang out with friends.
#264 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM

Mandy ~ I hope you find answers and solutions soon, mama.

JayGee ~ or for you today!

I did a yoga is yummy video this morning (I'm loving this routine), and now I'm off for a day of errands and packing.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#265 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM
bec

I could bike 50 miles (I think).

But, I do think that running a 50K would be doable. I totally fall into the after 26, what's another 4? category.

Nic - That is hilarious and infuriating at the same time. I'm glad that the other stylist was able to add a smidge of intelligence to the experience.

Mochelly - Oh, mama, it sounds like you have really been through the wringer with your son. I hope you are on the right track now, and can get him the treatment he needs!

Mandy - I have to agree with the others about your son's issues being the school's problem, and that their strategy for dealing with his behavior is not acceptable. I would be furious if I found out my child was being isolated so much that it was starting to affect their schoolwork. Sounds like a vicious cycle.

I was going to go to zumba and run a bit this morning, but I am feeling so tired and run down. I'm going to play hookey and stay home instead.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#266 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Man this thread moves fast! I am off MDC for one day and I am 2 pages behind. If I only I could run so fast. Going back to read now. No running yesterday, but I did shovel snow and I walked to the bus this morning.
#267 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochelly View Post

I'll have to go back and see who it was that I saw SJI on the sidebar and Whidbey being talked about. LOL
plady? Also named Penelope IRL. To add to your confusion she's now in Mexico.

Hi everyone. I skied for just over 30 minutes yesterday but my brain wasn't there. I think it was kind of like I was on a treadmill and just trying to get through. Then today: wake up with a post-nasal drippy kind of sore throat. Joy. My basic plan is to ski consistently 3 days a week and add distance on the fourth.

On a personal note .... we had the twice-yearly adjustment to dh's workload yesterday and it wasn't as bad as we feared. for small victories. And for people taking history at the three community colleges dh works for.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#268 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 PM

I am up to post 235 and now I HAVE to do some work.

Gaye - so glad you have heat!

Nic - Great story. People are so funny sometimes. I am not Jewish, but I live in a very Jewish area so it seems so weird that people would have no idea.

Back to work!
#269 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM

RR: Completed this work out today from bodyrock.tv, no time for running. I thought I had to take DSD to interviews all day today so I showered and got ready, only to have her tell me later that her bf is on his way to get her to take care of it. Don't get me wrong, it frees me up a ton, but would have done things a little differently had I known. Ahh, kids.

Fingers crossed that she gets one of these jobs and can get her own car soon. Until then, I'm taking her to and from work, in addition to the rest of life. It's good though as she is doing well.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC: I left pork loin out on the counter for several hours after shopping (second time I've done that!!), when I found it I put it in fridge. Should I throw it out or use it???

Mandy, my heart goes out to you. My son has learning issues at school due to ADHD and I'm constantly having to advocate for him where I feel that having a plan in place (in writing) and having talked to teachers numerous time through the year would have these things working well by now. Hope you find answers soon!
#270 of 1354 Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM

I am enjoying looking at all the Ultras.....I guess I need to see how this marathon goes before I lose my mind! But the relay....I think we need to make a plan to make it happen, even if it's a two or three year plan! I would also be in for the 12 person, bc then I think you run a total of 16 miles which seems do-able.

Mandy, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. With all our issues with dd this fall, it seems that switching to a different (more structured) environment did the trick. She didn't come up "positive" for anything but I'm pretty sure she has some mild sensory issues (as do we all, I guess!) that came out when she was stressed. Hoping you find some answers soon, that is so hard.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page