Lovin' the Low Carb in Februrary - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 161 Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No! Not 50 in a row...I think that is the way it is meant to be done...I break it down into smaller sections so I don't kill myself. The last time I did it I did 5 pullups, 10 dead lifts, 10 pushups, 10 box jumps, 10 squats, 10 wipers, 10 clean and press, and 5 pullups...then repeat times 5 sets. I think I could do it the other way, but it would take a LONG time cause I'd break in between doing them and then not be doing anything else. Oh, and looking back at the post on the 300 workout I realized I put 50 pullups twice, it should only be 50 once.

Okay this is one of my favorite workouts from the book:

Circuit 1:
20 scorpion pushups
10 dumbell flys on body ball with crunches
leg extensions (pyramid up with weight) 20 reps, then 12, then 6-8
Jump squats to muscle failure

Circuit 2:
20 decline dumbbell presses (10 on each arm)
15 V cable fly's
20 squat thrusts
20 side lunges

Circuit 3:
Close grip pushups to muscle failure
Plankups (get in a plank, then down to elbows, back up to plank) to muscle failure.
Jump squats to muscle failure
10 One leg squats on each leg
Jumping Jacks for 1 min

Circuit 4:
8 Military shoulder press (heavy)
15 Wood choppers on each side (I use cables)
10 knee tuck jumps
Static lunges with lateral shoulder raise 10 on each side
5 Reverse crunches
Hanging abs with twist 10 on each side

Circuit 5:
30 second sprints, 5 sprints at 9+ mph (perform 5 over 5 minutes).

Repeat all circuits again.
There is no rest while in a circuit, and you can rest 30 seconds between circuits. When I first started this was brutal, now I find that I just take a drink of water and keep going. Plus I tend to add reps, weight, etc now. In the beginning it killed me just to do it.

Try it, have fun, I love it!

food today:

B-coco oil 1 T
handful chicarones
L-Zucchini crust pizza
Baby greens
5 squares dark chocolate
D-Taco salad (baby greens, ground beef, avocado, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce)

Which was all good....except, I did have more chocolate later. I need to get off the chocolate!!! I guess it's about time to break out the journal and figure out WHAT is making me grab it. I was HUNGRY today, so maybe that was part of it.
#152 of 161 Old 02-25-2010, 03:42 AM

Thanks for posting that ryleigh's mama! Today I did squats, rows, chest press and flys, bicep curls/skull crushers, and i KILLED my abs whcih I haven't done in a long time and it felt good.

Higher in the carbs today, and boy did I need it. I feel like a million bucks. I really need to just stick to the really low carb days once in a while but not make it my every day. I used to always eat higher carb the days I have a hard workout, but I tried to stop that, and it really didn't work. It feels really good to me to change up my diet often. Higher carbs on the workout days, and then have a few days in a row of really low carb.
#153 of 161 Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 PM
nym

Wow - you guys are awesome! That was a lot to read and think about and I am going to take that book out of the library. I think tonight we are going to go to the pool, and maybe friday too, and then we will go to the gym. We don't really know too many people here, and we don't rarely have childcare, and we can only go together on days they have childcare at night. It kinda sucks!

My DH and I also don't spend a lot of time together, so he wants me to go to the gym with him and not really by myself (sigh- Its an issue) but Im going to be going to a ball/weight class every tuesday night by myself, Im looking forward to that. Plus, DH and I are hoping to go 2-3 times a week to the gym.

Probably 2 because wednesdays are hard right now, and there is only childcare 2 nights and 1 weekend day a week there. That really sucks!

Anyways - I am super sick with a head cold, I took yesterday off and slept all day, but I'm still quite sick.

Food wise has been okay except for thelarge amount of lemon popsicles I ate yesterday lol. Im going to weigh myself on monday - Im looking forward to that. It's kinda weird. I don't think I have lost any weight, but I don't think I have gained. At least I know I can maintain.
I need to step it up though, I want to lose enough to be out of the 170s in March, I want to start April at 169, Ill find out how many that makes to lose in March on monday

Im craving roasted beets, and braised red cabbage, and a good bloody BBQ steak. I think that might be a plan for this weekend. Tongiht is ginger/garlic beef and broccoli. Yum!
#154 of 161 Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym View Post
Wow - you guys are awesome! That was a lot to read and think about and I am going to take that book out of the library. I think tonight we are going to go to the pool, and maybe friday too, and then we will go to the gym. We don't really know too many people here, and we don't rarely have childcare, and we can only go together on days they have childcare at night. It kinda sucks!

My DH and I also don't spend a lot of time together, so he wants me to go to the gym with him and not really by myself (sigh- Its an issue) but Im going to be going to a ball/weight class every tuesday night by myself, Im looking forward to that. Plus, DH and I are hoping to go 2-3 times a week to the gym.

Probably 2 because wednesdays are hard right now, and there is only childcare 2 nights and 1 weekend day a week there. That really sucks!

Anyways - I am super sick with a head cold, I took yesterday off and slept all day, but I'm still quite sick.

Food wise has been okay except for thelarge amount of lemon popsicles I ate yesterday lol. Im going to weigh myself on monday - Im looking forward to that. It's kinda weird. I don't think I have lost any weight, but I don't think I have gained. At least I know I can maintain.
I need to step it up though, I want to lose enough to be out of the 170s in March, I want to start April at 169, Ill find out how many that makes to lose in March on monday

Im craving roasted beets, and braised red cabbage, and a good bloody BBQ steak. I think that might be a plan for this weekend. Tongiht is ginger/garlic beef and broccoli. Yum!
That's kinda sweet he wan't to workout together though! Mmmm beets! Good luck wtih the weighing!

I have eaten 6 eggs today . And a big ole salad that weighs about 5 pounds! I'm making lentil soup with bacon tongiht, and roast chicken
#155 of 161 Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 AM

That is sweet nym! The whole first year and a half that I worked out at a gym I worked out Fri, Sat, Sun because those were the times that worked for my family to be able to go....so we ALL went together and the kids got to go to the "kid zone" and dh and I worked out. We work out differently though, so we don't really work out together. He lifts heavy, arms and chest one day, shoulders and back another day, legs and glutes and abs another day. Plus he'll run on a treadmill for days. I can only stand inside cardio in short spurts...but I love to run outside a lot, and I could spend all day hiking up the side of a mountain.

Good carb day here.

B- 1 T coco oil
1/2 c raw milk in coffee
L- 2 hamburger patties
1 big huge bowl of greens
D- Roasted chicken
Mashed cauliflour with garlic and onions.
#156 of 161 Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

UGH! just lost a huge post and now I am running out of time!

Nym- you sound like you are doing good and I am anxious to hear how you progress w/ your goals and working out- follow what you enjoy and you cannot go wrong! Hope that you and dh have a blast working out together!

lisamarie- have to tell you that I gave a friend your pizza crust recipe and they loved it! sounds like to me you are listening to your body and what works for you! you know I was big on the if's for a while but since ava was in the hospital and I went several days w/ little food it hasn't felt the same. I have fasted some for religous reasons but not for weightloss. My carbs have been up and down and I am trying not to force it. I have had some of those days as well when I felt I needed more carbs and then when I did I felt like a million bucks, more importantly they haven't led to other binging so I think it was needed. Mine seems to change as well according to Ava as well and how much she eats.

ryleigh'smama- you are sounding awesoem as well! give me a few more months to get back in the swing of things then I want to workout w/ you and lisa your food sounds a lot like mine as well! FWIW I cut out the chocolate for the last 2 weeks and have found for me a bit of good dark chocolate (lc of course) keeps me on better track and curtails worse cravings

reposting feb goals:
anyway february goals for me:
1)Weight- Current- 128.8- Goal-124not weighing, but guessing I have lost a couple of pounds
2)Measurement- waist-current-28.75- Goal-27.5current 28- will hit 27.5 by end of next month
3)Size- current- can fit into pp jeans, but not wear comfortably- goal- wear comfortably more comfortable, with a teeny tiny muffin top, but still a bit ont the tight side- mostly in the thighs
4)Strength-pushups-current 4- goal-15- current 10 w/ decent form- after that they get a bit uglypullups- current-0- goal 1Still haven't put much time on this since Ava was born, hope to finally get back on it next month-plank-goal-1minCan do! It is still very hard at this point but I CAN do it!

Finally started back w/ working out this week. Did my first heavy lifting since Ava was born. Squatted the bar to start, wanted to do some deadlifts but she didn't cooperate! Did some sprinting one day, longer yoga session one day(been doing a little every day), hiit circuit one day and I cannot remember what else.

Food has been pretty good but a few digressions at the end of the week. I see now as the protein got lower I reached for some carbs, silly me I know better!

Still working on loving myself! I saw a women in church today who had a baby around the same time as me and she is about 5 pounds or so smaller I would say and I felt a twinge of jealousy- terrible I know! Then I thought how silly is that! Other than my thighs being a bit bigger than I want the rest of me I am pretty pleased with and you know I had a baby just 3 months ago now! I worry that people will look at me and think I am a failure if I don't get back down to the same size I was like now! I worry when people look at me they are thinking oh, yep, now she is letting herself go. Silly again. I was brought up w/ my mom and she had a very narrow view of acceptable weight and size. I am currently am fitting in my 2-4s but they are too tight and I am worrying about being too big. My dh thinks I am rockin' hot and I am worried about that at times and worried about other people. I really need to remember the absurdity of that when I have one of those crazy thoughts.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#157 of 161 Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Crunchy I'm so happy for you!

I feel awesome. Been super busy with kids, eating as needed, not too much at a time, some carbs as necessary....and I FINALLY decided I NEED to just remain at a size 2/26 and not keep trying to stay or get back to a 0/25. I have quite a big butt and DH I think probably likes it, and it's basically a difference between eating whatever I need/being satisfied and happy vs pretty much having to half starve and run all the time .

IF I were you I'd haul out all the pants that are WAY too tight, and maybe keep any ones that almost fit perfect because if you workout things wil sort of shape a little more anyways.

Seriously what is up with the double zero size 00??
#158 of 161 Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Good for you as well! And ya for junk in the trunk! ! have never been a zero myself- . My jeans now that I am in are my smallest and they are just A bit tighteer than I want- lots of room to improve on strenghth though! good luck this week ladies!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#159 of 161 Old 03-01-2010, 01:26 AM

You ladies are doing great! I do the same thing, just one more size. Just 5 more lbs, etc. I am 5'5" and weigh 130 and am a size 4. My bones fit in a size 4, I can wear some size 2 jeans...but they are from the "bigger" brands, IYKWIM. I honestly could probably lose 5 lbs, but I would have to starve too, and I think I'd still be a size 4.

I am happy with myself when I don't weigh though. I have a friend who is a size 0, and two nieces that are 00. If I'm not thinking about the numbers...I prefer my size 4 booty.

Have a great week!
#160 of 161 Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleigh'smama View Post
You ladies are doing great! I do the same thing, just one more size. Just 5 more lbs, etc. I am 5'5" and weigh 130 and am a size 4. My bones fit in a size 4, I can wear some size 2 jeans...but they are from the "bigger" brands, IYKWIM. I honestly could probably lose 5 lbs, but I would have to starve too, and I think I'd still be a size 4.

I am happy with myself when I don't weigh though. I have a friend who is a size 0, and two nieces that are 00. If I'm not thinking about the numbers...I prefer my size 4 booty.

Have a great week!
Oh dear god thank you for telling me this . I like the comment on the "bones." It's SO true. Besides me butt, and skin, there's not much fat around my middle, so I think the 2 is just perfect. There's pretty much NO way possible to have a butt AND be a size 0 unless you are like 5 foot tall or less Looking back at last summer, my butt was MUCH smaller. Really I think I'm totally happy FINALLY. I JUST got rid of 2 pairs of size 0 pants, which I really shouldn't ever try to wear. They used to fit great, then slowly started getting too short in the rise and I realized the main difference is that with the bigger butt you need more rise, and the size 0's are ALWAYS way short in the rise. I am actually your same size about. I'm 5'5, and 127 or 128. I was fighting for a while to stay at 125/126, but I realized how hard it is, and the little that I gained is more muscle and the NECESSARY fat.

I'm eating almond butter and bananas smashed together with cinnamon right now because if I don't have somethin sweet I will not make it till tomorrow LOL.

I think I'd just totally rather have a booty and some muscle tone. Though I really do wish I could re-inflate my boobs.
#161 of 161 Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 PM

Okay, I will move into March after I quickly reply to you Lisa and let you know that I could use some inflation too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page