Running right past February - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mommajb I burst out laughing at your post. And I wonder why they think I am weird at work

Nickarolaberry I have one of those persecuted children and she is only 7. And I quote "the babies get to do anything they want, you love them more than me" 10 minutes later she is sweet as anything I so look forward to the teen years.

to all the Mamas who need it.
#422 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM

oh yeah Kerc..totally measuring. We also got a pitcher full of snow and I had Natalie predict the water line once melted. Then we'll pour the water over a napkin to show the amount of dirt in the snow... She is soooo off with how much it will be. A gallon pitcher full of snow...
#423 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM

mandy~That is SO cool that you're the champ, although I have to admit at the fact that the title is decided not on the course, but by who can ride in the smallest circle.

mommajb~Oy. What a day!

Missoula in the summer...just heavenly! (well, except for the bugs...we don't have 'em here in Colorado ) We've been up there several times...there's a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course on an old Superfund site (sounds weird, but it's really, really cool) that XH and his buddies discovered, so we made it an annual trip to go up there for a few years. Rented a house near Georgetown Lake, golfed, hiked, drank, etc. DS's first plane trip was to Missoula, at the ripe old age of 4 1/2 weeks (in our defense, he WAS nearly two weeks late ). That sounds like it would be a great marathon. Maybe someday!

For whoever was asking about SS and how it usually works, what I've done is to do maybe three or so small packages (one approx every week) and then one slightly bigger package at the end with the reveal. Things I've sent are homemade cookies, gus/sportbeans/etc, old triathlon magazines, a kombucha scoby, fun stuff like candles and notepads, etc. Things I've gotten that I really loved were seeds, a kleen kanteen-type water bottle, tea, a hand-knitted coffee sleeve (like the cardboard ones at starbucks!), soap, chocolate, etc. It doesn't have to be anything big or expensive. I probably spent about $5-10 per package last year. I'm so excited to get going...now I just need to figure out some great things to send to my giftee!

I finally made DS help me pick up the living room this morning so that I can clean it and vacuum this afternoon. Why, oh why, did I put it off so long? It seriously took about 15 minutes, tops, and even with the floor still being nasty right now, it looks 10000x better. Nevermind that the playroom is still a disaster because we just shoved all the toys in there, but at least it's out of my direct line of sight! Next up on my list of to-dos (after I actually finish the living room)...getting stuff organized to put it up on Craigslist. I have a ton of baby gear that I can sell and I really need the money, so it must be done. Not to mention that I have a perfectly good infant carseat that if I putz around much more isn't going to have any life left before it expires, which would just be sad. So, while I would never ever *buy* a carseat on Craigslist, I will put mine up for sale, since I know that it's a great seat, in great condition, and someone could really use it.

rr~It was cold and snowy this morning (although it's sunny and beautiful right now), so we went to the Y. My back has really been bothering me, which concerns me because it usually doesn't last this long when it flares up, so I almost didn't go, but I actually feel a lot better now. It's so weird that running, skiing, etc., doesn't bother it, but sitting on the couch or laying in bed does. Anyway...by the time we got out of the house, I had less than the hour I had hoped for to run, so I got 50 minutes in. It actually ended up being 4.8 miles in 52 minutes, with cool down, so not too bad. I took it easy since I'm planning on running with my friend Lindsay on Saturday, and she's got 10 miles at 9:30 pace on her schedule.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#424 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugmama View Post
A gallon pitcher full of snow...
a cup full of water.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#425 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Way behind, but... Mandy - Way to go

Plady - been thinking about your kitty, any more news??

No FM likely to happen today. A speaker I invited and am hosting tomorrow took it upon himself to rebook his entire trip to come today -good considering the weather, but so expensive I just want to plus it has taken most of my day to reorganize, and now I have to help entertain him tonite instead of and some much needed family time....

I'm counting down til Friday as well

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#426 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Mandy- way to go single trak champion-that is awesome

Mamabeth-I am going to read The Purpose Driven Life for Lent-have you read it? I am curious about it and a friend said it was fantastic. I thought the 40 chapters supposed to be read 1 chapter a day would be perfect for Lent

Callie-I know this is from way back-I have one of these mei tais from a WAHM-I just love her stuff. I don't know her-just bought one when K was a baby-used it for over 2.5 years with her-and am now using it with G. I have had it now for 5 years- and it is still going great. Awesome mama

RM

The snow has started again I am loving the snow measuring and the snow predicting stuff... I am going to do that with K-need to get the tape measure out to measure over 3 feet of snow though-craziness for this area! We just finished baking double chocolate almond cookies - um...pure sinfulness...way too much baking these days-what else is there to do but sled, cook and bake when there is this much snow on the ground? Made some more sourdough bread yesterday-I am in search of the perfect sourness-hard to achieve-let me know if any of you make your own sourdough and how you get the yummy sourness. I need to search the food forum to see if there is any info there.

I am hopefully getting in my yoga tonight. I feel so much better for it-really I am a calm mama again-with only occasional outbursts Dh and I had a talk the other night-and he keeps reminding me that I "don't want to go down that road" with K-that he sees her spin off when I get a certain tone in my voice...I realize that-and I have actively trying to change it this week-I feel like I am taking steps in the right direction My older dd is like a lot of yours that you have described today-the world is never quite right for her-nor is anything I do for her. So I am trying to be loving patient and calm about it-even when she is screaming at me that I should have started cooking earlier so that she can eat RIGHT NOW-and that it is all my fault
#427 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM

I may be wrong, but I thought an inch of rain = 10 inches of snow? Anyway, glad to know my unscientific guess was close to accurate.
#428 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
DS is driving me crazy.... I'm feeling really frazzled and I'm just popping here to find some

Okay, just a couple of hours to our bedtime.

mommajb you have such an amusing turn of phrase.

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#429 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM

Got up at 4:45 this morning to start week 2 of C25K. It's the same time I always wake up, but if I leave the house before all the kids are awake, I have time to workout. Love how that works out. I feel wonderful all morning, too.

I don't know if I have lost any weight, but I am between pant sizes. My pre-twin pregnancy pants are a little uncomfortable and the next size up are falling down. At least I wear jeans everyday to work, so belts are great!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#430 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 PM

I'm frazzled too. There's a plumber in the basement installing...wait for it...the water softener, so we have no running water. Dd is back to her healthy self (she was SO. MUCH. kinder and sweeter when she was ill), ds is researching a paper on the Internet (which means I have to supervise closely) and dh is now outside, I think. I got about half the snow done with a snowblower that's only half working ...I scrapped it and grabbed the shovel, and I was already pooped from lifting. But I cleared the driveway, and now dh has to do the rest of the yard (the whole turnaround area and entrance to the barn). He's doing barn chores, too, I guess, and I am about to dig into a doc revision that I have been having trouble getting focused on.

I just need to truck through it. Soon it will be Friday.

mommajb, you made the whole thing sound very benign and Mayberry, when in fact he was forced off the road by a plow. I guess it was the least the plow could do...

I love the concept of "outlaws." That is totally how I feel on trips to Africa. Trying to get to the place where I don't care, so I can just roll with it and make something good of the trip, but it is so hard when the airfare alone is a $5000 investment. I want to have at least some "me" time and fun on a $10,000 trip, and every time I don't, I come home sour and bitter.

FB Dingoes, how about providing a note about interests/likes/dislikes/hobbies/restrictions/etc.? I might work on that while I edit.
#431 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM

jo - McMillan thinks much more highly of me than I do with his 3:45 prediction. Adding at least 10 minutes to it is much more realistic. And, yeah, I think for a vacation that costs $10k I'd expect to lay around relaxing and being fanned and fed ambrosia by hot, tanned men in swimsuits. That's ALOT of $$. I don't blame you a bit for feeling sour and bitter.

nemesis - I didn't run in VFFs. I had my eyes on a time goal and wouldn't have been able to do that in them. I wish I had started out in them from the very beginning like you are so I wouldn't have to see my times being effected by them.

mamachicken - I don't think I got a chance to say welcome!

Mandy - go you! Congratulations!

p'seed - I'm so glad to hear that you're having a better week and that you're getting your yoga in.

callie - roasted cauliflower = delish! Even DH liked it and he usually can't stand cauliflower. Of course, no kids liked it, but I wasn't holding out much hope for that. Thanks for the recipe!

This is embarassing...but it never ceases to amaze me that ya'll enjoy all that snow. Every single time someone mentions it I start to feel sorry for them and then as I continue reading I see that they're all like . I just don't get it. Does not compute.
#432 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
(I think this is ITB anxiety, and not thinness anxiety or anything else, so it should be pretty easy to clear up? maybe?)
?? What does ITB mean in this case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post
rr: <yesterday> Surf City half marathon in 1:47:07. I'm mostly ok with it.
How did I miss that you were doing this? I think that is an awesome time! Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Why when nobody is hungry enough for a banana or a piece of toast before school do they want pancakes this morning?
Seriously I get those mornings too and I'm always like
I'm glad your dh is okay, isolated and proven wrong but okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake girl View Post
This is embarassing...but it never ceases to amaze me that ya'll enjoy all that snow. Every single time someone mentions it I start to feel sorry for them and then as I continue reading I see that they're all like . I just don't get it. Does not compute.

So Kitty update: It sounds like Ninj was chased off or frightened enough to jump off the second floor balcony railing all the way down to the first floor. He shattered his left elbow (and as it turns out there is also a hairline fracture in his right humerus) into so many pieces that the vet couldn't do much to fix the joint at all. He did try to screw together the broken end of the humerus and hopefully it will heal to be the same length as the other side. If the joint never heals enough to be used they'll fuse it all together so that it works like a peg leg. But the vet said he had a great attitude and came through the anesthesia with no problems. He's going to stay at the vet's until we gt home in the hopes that all that calm isolation will help him recover more completely but it does sound like he's a long way from being fine. We haven't told the kids anything and I think that may be helping me deal better too actually. But I still wish I could be there and it's breaking my heart to think of him in pain. This is the cat that I sleep with all snuggled into me more completely than even my babies and to not be there now is just painful.
But, I'm confident he's in good hands and the staff seems to like him so hopefully he'll get real love and affection in addition to competent care.

RR: TKD class today. It was good and sweaty but can I just say for the record that Diva cups and martial arts are not a match made in heaven?

That cauliflower sure does sound good. I used to roast mine with bacon and cream. Not heart healthy but sooooo delish!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#433 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Oh, Plady, I hate that. I feel your hurt just reading it. Wish you could be with Ninj.

I have full-body-and-mind irritation syndrome again. I think I may have discussed this here before. When all of the sights, sounds and experiences of being, right here and now, in my house with my family, make me insane. This could be PMS-related. It usually passes quickly but makes me want to hurt everyone in my path. I typically don't act on it.

On page 6 of 8...
#434 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
Oh, Plady, I hate that. I feel your hurt just reading it. Wish you could be with Ninj.

I have full-body-and-mind irritation syndrome again. I think I may have discussed this here before. When all of the sights, sounds and experiences of being, right here and now, in my house with my family, make me insane. This could be PMS-related. It usually passes quickly but makes me want to hurt everyone in my path. I typically don't act on it.

On page 6 of 8...
I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. Don't have it today but definitely experience it on an all too regular basis.

I haven't run since Friday but have been working out in ways that have made me sore, sore, sore, sore, sore. I'm walking like an old lady. I'm still feeling the weirdness in my hip so I'm going to try to get to see the chiro tomorrow.

This evening is Courtney's class speeches. Every kid has to give a 2-3 minute memorized talk about their commitment to avoid drugs and alcohol to their entire class+families. I'm trying not to bug her about it but I know C is really nervous. Any good Dingo vibes to give her strength and courage would be greatly appreciated.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#435 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 PM

SS is so much fun!! I'm having a grand time scheming and buying already!!

Jo -

Zub - You can make it til bedtime...

Snow - Sometimes I miss it... most times not. I would be heart sick without it at Christmas though.

Plady - How did it not register that you weren't with your kitty. D*mn. Bigger than before.

No running since I've been back from Sedona and the race. Tomorrow!!

My butt needs a kick to get ready for my family to arrive on Saturday for Val's big birthday!!!! I can't believe it's been a year...

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#436 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 PM

plady~ for you and Ninj. When will you be home and able to see him?

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#437 of 1121 Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 PM

Gaye - We won't be back until the 25th and we won't be able to see him until the next day.

coming toward Courney tonight.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#438 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM

Good (early) morning, Dingoes!

No workout for me today, I just wanted to thank you all for the good vibes. Apparently they worked, because I am hitting the road today to pick up a car. It is a few hours away, but really.. In North Dakota, pretty much everything is. So a friend is coming with and we are going to hopefully be bringing home a new (to me) car!

Thanks for listening to me bitch and moan about our car situation!
#439 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 08:22 AM

Nemesis~I'm getting all excited reading your post! Yay!

Plady~my heart is aching for you and poor Ninj. Can't wait to hear you have him in your arms.

RR: going to do it today, for reals. I mean it. no, really, I am.

Kids finally have at least a delay today. We've been dumped, upon dumped with snow since Friday. Surrounding schools were all cancelled yesterday (475 cancellations!) BUT not ours. While that is nice we should still get Monday off, I'd rather not drive the kids to school in this.

Cornflake~ you are crackin' me up with your snow comment. I'd rather live in a warm year round climate, but am here in Indiana with my family (extended too). I like to look at the snow, and if I had warm clothes I would like to play in the snow too, but wouldn't miss it if we didn't have it either. It does make me appreciate the other three seasons that I love, and it is fun to look forward to those.

up an hour before my alarm every day this week, you'd think I would have worked out yesterday....ahem. Going to get a bite to eat as stomach is rumbling then come back to tell you all about my potential jobS.

Lisa
#440 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Jo s I am right there with you on the irritation-all-over-feeling. When I get to this point breastfeeding for very extended periods (i.e. all night and day) is so hard.

Nemesis, hope you're back soon with a nice story about the car - and pictures, too

Plady s

Loved the pics on FB, memiles. Looks like it went beautifully

Thanks, Jenlove Well, what a nightmare night. DS came down with a fever, which probably explains his fussiness the night before which extended into the day and ALL of last night. He would sleep for minutes out of sheer exhaustion and then he'd be back up. I am so tired i could cry. DH took him downstairs at 4am and I had 2 hours sleep. I probably pieced together an hour of extremely broken sleep before then.

I had a run planned for this morning, but that will obviously not be happening as my body feels pretty awful. Trying to decide what to do with poor ds....

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#441 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Feel free to skip, nothing to do with running...
Work: So friends on FB have seen some of this (although with the new pages, maybe not ). I finally stepped foot into our finances, and was disgusted with what I saw. We have been in better financial situations. So around this same time our church bulletin puts out a need for volunteer and paid staff for it's new coffee shop (inside the church). Our church has 3,000 weekend attendees (most are members) and its CLC (Community Life Center=gym) has 8,500 members right across the street. So anyway, I inquired about paid staff as they needed night and weekend workers (when dh would be home from work to care for the kids). They tell me that the have all the paid staff they can have right now as they just opened but as business picks up will be hiring so I could learn the ropes as a volunteer in hopes of being hired. Great!

I post on FB to anyone local to go to the coffee shop so that they have more business and can hire me. A church friend (who JUST opened a coffee shop a few months ago about 3 miles from my house) tells me that she is hiring for nights and weekends. So, my plan (around the snow!!) is to apply there too in hopes of getting a paid job soon.

So, back to church coffee shop, I fill out an application and volunteer for 3 hours the very next day. He tells me that I have risen to the top of the "to be hired from volunteers" list and I'm getting excited that this is working out. Then throws me a curve ball telling me that hired personell will be also expected to work volunteer hours and that's difficult for people to understand some paid and some unpaid hours. WHAT??

I just received an email from church friend coffee shop owner, that she needs to hire and train someone by THIS Saturday, would I call her if interested!!! Please send me good vibes and prayers that this is the right thing to do and that it works out well. Thank you!!
#442 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 AM

Plady, good healing vibes to your kitty. (ITB means IT band - my mother was a little unnerved by the physical therapy I needed this fall, because 30 years ago she tore her ACL in a skiing accident and gained 30 pounds... yes, seriously. She was convinced that my IT band problem was a Serious Injury that would limit my mobility, or something. She's perfectly intelligent, just... a little self-focused.) (Sooooo complicated, mothers are! )

Zub, This too shall pass, just hang in there. Poor babe.

Nemesis, yay on the car! Solid transportation makes life so much easier!

RM: hmmm, I'd back away fast from a job that wanted some paid, some volunteer time. That sounds to me like they want to pay their employees half the stated rate, yk? Sounds like the church friend coffee shop is run more like a business and might be a better choice. Plus, coffee! on the finances, though - ours have kept me up nights for months.

Jo - at your description. Hopefully it is PMS and the world will be restored to its proper balance in a few days.

We got kid valentines ready last night - straight from Target, nothing especially crafty about them, but I'm just letting the dream of handmade valentines go, y'know? Maybe the kids and I will make some this weekend, but not for their 50 respective classmates. We are ready for their parties, and they each have what they need, so that feels like a small victory.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#443 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 AM

RM, It dos sound like the world is helping you just when you need it. I too would stick with the paid job. I do understand volunteering at church but that situation sounds sticky-icky.

Jo, feel better this morning?

We have another snow day but I will use it to write names on the pre-packaged junk candy we bought for valentines. Do you feel better Penelope?

nem, enjoy the new to you car! that it all works out well.

I made it to the gym this morning to lift. I am not really pushing myself, more just going through the motions so I would like to find some moivation there... Unless weightlifting is just about going through the motions maybe? Speaking of snow, I haven't even looked at the car yet. Dh got home after dark (why is that safer?) and it is out this morning.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#444 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM

RM, I hope it works out exactly as it should for you. Truly.

We ended up having a doozy here. I did great with my work stuff and handling the kids in spite of it, but then dh came in and we had a long and ugly , and then ds awoke puking in the middle of the night...which, thanks to some stupid choices dh made, resulted in my now having two big beds' worth of barfed bedding, plus a sleeping bag, two sets of jammies and the bathroom to clean from puke. (Seriously man, ever heard of a pail? )

And a meeting scheduled for this afternoon that I won't make. So, since neither kid got any sleep, both children will be home today, and maybe or maybe not I will schlepp them to the laundromat to wash huge, thick, heavy puffy comforters. Guess who's getting no FM again today?

And then Mr. Smartypants took out his little car, as if doing me some great favor by leaving me the van for the load of laundry (it is THAT big), and proceeds to get it stuck. In the driveway, which has drifted back over to 10-12" in places. So I just finished clearing that.

Now I'll be calling the school, and calling work, and trying not to eat every edible thing in sight to spite myself.
#445 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Oh Jo . Your DH needs a dingo group . Ugh.

RM ~ that church friend coffee shop job sounds just perfect . Hope it all works out.

Nemesis ~ enjoy your new car ! What kind did you find?

Another snow day.... sigh. Okay, it was fun the first few days, but now the excitement of staying home from school is wearing a little thin. I'm dragging the entire crew to the YMCA this morning, since the children's center is open for the girls and DS can suck it up and read or play his DSi while I run. I've promised the girls I will let them play with trays of flour this afternoon (they love it, I loathe cleaning it up), and we'll probably sled again as long as we can stand the -6* with wind chill that is predicted. At this rate, my kids will be in school til the 4th of July .

DH has started putting in job applications ~ so far, he's got apps in in Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. Keep those fingers crossed that he gets *something*!

I made homemade Larabars (except they're Laraballs ) this morning for the first time. Dates and almonds ~ . DD2, who likes nothing, ate 2 of them for breakfast .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#446 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM

zub ~ We need a Dingo commune in times like that. Give Raf a snuggle from us and a whisper in his ear to feel like his old self real soon.

jo ~ What a night, mama! I hope they get better soon!

nem ~ What kind of car did you get? Glad you found you that fits your needs.

How much snow is everyone getting?

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#447 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Kristina, If one of those jobs comes through you can just move and not re-enroll the kids in school until fall.

I am taking Alice and Charlotte to the gym this morning when I work my shift. Alice's friend that refuses to stay home alone yet will be there and then take her home for an afternoon of fun I hope. Charlotte is the trouble maker. Helen is in charge of watching Linus watch a Thomas video while poor Ian shovels some more. She is to call him in if Linus moves or has more snot than she can handle. It is possible as I found myself in that situation this morning and now have slip covers to wash. (jo) After that he got held down for a neti pot rinse at which point I noticed all the crud stuck to his eyelashes. Poor boy, maybe he caught it from zub's lo? Theses darn viruses know no limits.

In any event it is another snow day. If they bake today it will be no bakes or a jump start on birthday cake for Saturday.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#448 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Nemesis--Hooray for a new car! It's such a great feeling, to step into a car that you've just bought. I hope it's everything that you were looking for and it will last for a very long time.

Jo--I'm so sorry you're having such a rough day. I hope your little one is feeling better and you're able to get some rest today. And I hope your DH straightens up and finds ways to be helpful, instead of pseudo-helpful like with the car.

Runningmommy--Definitely go with the paid job! And once you get good at the coffee shop stuff, you could be a really valuable volunteer for the church. It seems a better idea for a volunteer thing to be purely volunteer, instead of some volunteer and some paid--I'd be afraid I'd feel resentful about the paid vs. unpaid hours and wouldn't be able to get past that to do a good job. However, if I choose to volunteer and it's MY choice that I'm not getting paid, I'm good with that. Oh, and I worked for awhile at a coffee shop that DH's family owns, and it was fun. I hope you'll like it.

Zubeldia--I'm thinking of you and hoping for good health. You've had a rough winter.

Okay, things are less frazzled in my mind today.

Our appointment with DD's plastic surgeon went well. I didn't get lost (man, I love my GPS!), managed to make it to the office in time, and the kids were pretty decent even though we waited half an hour in a not-very kid friendly waiting room. DD picked up a book that was all about the details of plastic surgery. Lots of pictures of kids with cleft lips, burn victims, and some pictures of surgeons in the midst of surgery with their hands covered in blood. Eek. I had to do lots of reassuring talking about surgery and blood and anesthesia and pain medications..... I think DD is okay.

We head to Florida on Saturday--hooray! I feel like things are under control and I'm ready to head out. When I get there, I'll dive back into running and get some calm into my life again. I'm strongly considering not even bringing a computer with me, as that will give me more room for books in my carryon. I should spend some time figuring out what's available for free on the Kindle, which I have but have rarely used.

Okay, off to clean the house. I'm just trying to keep relevant here while I wait to run again.
#449 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM

JenLove, I think we're done now but for flurries/snow showers over the next several days. Damn groundhog. I'd say we got about 6-7", but it's cold with high winds from the west so the drifting is what sucks.

I paid bills and filed our taxes, so at least I did something productive with the time. I started puke cleanup but haven't done chores yet. Dh called and might come home early, and if so, I'll be able to go in for my meetings (and sneak in a workout maybe?). Of course, just got another little chunk added to my pile. Thanks, office intrigues! :sarcasm

So, might have all but the biggest comforter done by the time he gets here, and I have already rinsed off the worst of the grossness. (hi mommajb! )

Zub, baby fevers suck. Just make it to Friday with me, OK?

My eye tic has taken over about a third of the right side of my face.

OK, looks like I'm expecting a 10A phone call, so better feed those sheep before the day gets out of hand.
#450 of 1121 Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Wow so many snow days! We have had hardly any snow this year. Last night we got about 5cm which to date is our "big" snowstorm of the year.

Zubeldia ~ hope the baby is feeling better and you get some rest

RM ~ that you get the job you want

Jo ~ If it makes you feel even remotely better my dh probably would have done something similar. He seems to lose all sense when dealing with stuff like that.

Got in 3 miles this morning. There was a bit of walking in there, but at least I dragged my butt out of bed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page