How/when did you get over the hump? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Every time I start on a new workout plan I get to the "hump"- i.e. when the initial motivator has worn off and the results are slow in coming- and usually give up or cut back. I want to charge ahead this time as my baby is now 7 months and I still jiggle too much! Plus, I no longer have youthful metabolism on my side and barely get any sleep.

Since the holidays I have been working out- 30 day shred/bootcamp/cardio 5-6x week plus some yoga interspersed and long (3+ mile) walks up/down hills every day. I have made some diet changes too and probably won't change that too much more while breastfeeding. I see results, I have lost some mum tum and have been firming some, but as many of you know it comes sloooooowwwwly.

So please help motivate me by telling me your story about you getting over the hump and pushing through! Please brag away!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-14-2010, 02:55 AM

I would start with loving yourself and your body. Whenever you catch yourself critisizing yourself, change it with appreciating your positive aspects. When you come close to the mirror, intend to find some nice things about yourself. When you do that consistantly, you will be inspired to workout instead of trying to push through. Our bodies naturally love to move. But when you dislike your body, it does, what you tell - resists anything that keeps it healthy and beautiful.
#3 of 5 Old 02-15-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieliausmama View Post
I would start with loving yourself and your body. Whenever you catch yourself critisizing yourself, change it with appreciating your positive aspects. When you come close to the mirror, intend to find some nice things about yourself. When you do that consistantly, you will be inspired to workout instead of trying to push through. Our bodies naturally love to move. But when you dislike your body, it does, what you tell - resists anything that keeps it healthy and beautiful.
What you say is so true and I know I have to give in to the fact that these things take time. You give some excellent advice here, I just need to buck up and follow it

Anyone else care to share their positive stories or advice?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#4 of 5 Old 02-15-2010, 09:51 PM

I lost a hundred pounds and have been very fit for a long time now. It takes time, and it's a lifestyle not a diet or quick fix.
#5 of 5 Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM

for inspiration that helps push me over the hump, i find blogs so inspiring (my cousins is amazing! ~ www.344pounds.com). i also love to read runner's blogs that share tips & chronicle their journey while training for races. i also love books, "born to run" made me want to run around the world!!! anyway. that's what helps me oh, i love weight loss shows like the biggest loser too. that probably seems a little weird, but it honestly inspires me.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page