Weight Watchers--March 2010 AND what's for dinner? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 03-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yeah week one down! Now, OK, I did all my cheating before weigh-in. Skipped the glass of water I wanted a half hour before, and used the bathroom. But I was down 4.4 lbs! Sure that's just water weight, and I want to go slow to about 1 lb a week from here, but I'm happy and feeling good. I'll feel even better in three weeks when I really believe I'll stick to it and make better choices, but at least I'm inspired at this point.

Some good dinners - Beef roast with brussels sprouts, carrots and onions. Right, so I could only have a little beef, and it wasn't farm raised or healthy in any way. But it, the red wine and Worcester sauce really flavored the roasted veggies, yum! And we tried buffalo steak with baby bok choy. The baby bok choy was delicious. The buffalo steak was gross. I think I'm going to lean more and more vegetarian.

I'm sad that I counted the points for my beloved Cosi salad. Really too many to justify it, especially with bread. Still looking around for good take out and my new favorite foods.

Hope things are going well with you ladies!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#32 of 48 Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok. I am on the weightloss band wagon. I haven't completely decided how I am going to do it. I did pull out my old WW stuff from 2004. It's given me some good guidelines. Tomorrow I am going to make an appointment with a nutritionist (my insurance will pay for it).

So I am subbing here. I have about 107 pounds to lose to goal.

eta - I just weighed. I am done 3.8 pounds. So 103.2 pounds to go!

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#33 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM

Welcome KatWrangler! Hope the meeting with the nutritionist goes well. Any good tips?

The best tip I got from my WW leader when I signed up was to figure out why I wanted to lose weight. I don't have a good answer yet. I have a million answers, but not one I can tell myself when my hand is over the girl scout cookie box.

So I had a tough weekend. Left my Points Tracking book at work and then went out of town. I went off the plan. I was also down about a couple of things. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it, and just go back to building better habits today!

Of the things I ate this weekend cheating that I liked the most? A head of roasted garlic at a wine bar. It was drizzled with olive oil, but I bet I could make that at home and keep it healthy. May try soon!

Back to it, right?

#34 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Can I join? I'm doing WW at home, with the books. Today is day 1. I want to lose 20lbs realistically, 30lbs in my dreams

Do the exercise points count just on the day you exercise, or can you use them any day of the week? I generally only exercise at night, so I'm hoping they carry over!
#35 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
Do the exercise points count just on the day you exercise, or can you use them any day of the week? I generally only exercise at night, so I'm hoping they carry over!
Welcome. You can use exercise points any time during the week. Personally, I don't even track exercise points I just let them work off the weight. However, if the only way you'll exercise is if you know you get to eat more, then definitely track the points.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#36 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Anyone here doing the old Core program? I lost 72 pounds on it and I am thinking of that instead of Flex.

How does Core differ from Simply Filling?

I do have materials form 2004. I just realized it has the Core stuff in it.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#37 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Hello,

I just went to weigh in last Saturday & I finally made Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers! I was up a pound, but within the 2 lbs that they require.

Yay! It was a lot of work for me. I am still struggling, but am determined to track & keep the weight off. At least until I get pregnant again - then I'll have to get back on track with Weight Watchers. It's the only way I've been able to lose weight.
#38 of 48 Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmama View Post
Hello,

I just went to weigh in last Saturday & I finally made Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers! I was up a pound, but within the 2 lbs that they require.

Yay! It was a lot of work for me. I am still struggling, but am determined to track & keep the weight off. At least until I get pregnant again - then I'll have to get back on track with Weight Watchers. It's the only way I've been able to lose weight.
Congratulations. That is totally wonderful.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#39 of 48 Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Anyone here doing the old Core program? I lost 72 pounds on it and I am thinking of that instead of Flex.

How does Core differ from Simply Filling?

I do have materials form 2004. I just realized it has the Core stuff in it.
My understanding is that they are generally the same thing...

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#40 of 48 Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Thats what I get too.

#41 of 48 Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM

Eventhough I am tired (slept terrible...baby slept terrible) I did the Wii fit today. I did 2 step sessions and 2 Hula Hoop sessions. I hadn't done the Hula Hoop session before. That was fun!

#42 of 48 Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM

Yeah, Erinsmomma! Congrats!

#43 of 48 Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM

Hi mamas, I haven't posted here for a bit but I have still been loosely tracking and incorporating many of the lifestyle changes (less cheese, more exercise!) and have been thrilled to see that I still am losing slowly, despite not tracking in a detailed way.

But this week is big news! I didn't think that we would for awhile, due to DH wanting to wait, but he changes his mind quickly and we have decided to TTC #2! My dd is 17 months and for the first 15 months or so DH said he wanted her to be an only. (DD is a wonderfully intense, high energy, sleepless, child… It’s been an exciting journey for sure!) I had my annual checkup yesterday and over the weekend DH just casually suggested that they take out my IUD then... I did! Of course I haven’t been able to sit still with excitement since! I’m so happy to open up to the possibility of more in our family!

Anyway, long story short, I think that I will be stopping WW for now (5 lbs shy of goal!)... Wishing you all the best: yummy food, fun exercise, and losses! And, thanks for the support here!
#44 of 48 Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly View Post
I think that I will be stopping WW for now (5 lbs shy of goal!)... Wishing you all the best: yummy food, fun exercise, and losses! And, thanks for the support here!
Good luck and health to all! The healthy ways of weight watchers should start your next journey off well. Keep up the exercise.

#45 of 48 Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM

Congrats, snuggly! Sunday Crepes is right, your good eating and habits will be great for TTC #2. Good luck and best wishes!

I'm happy my second weight-in went well. Was expecting the worst because I went out of town and off the plan Saturday and Sunday. Being at my in-laws was way too hard in itself to try to eat well at the same time. But I was as careful as I could be, tried to take a deep breath and not worry too much about it, and was good 5/7 days.

Lost another 1.6 lbs! Which is great, because after the first few weeks I'm aiming for 1 lb a week. Want to go slow and let my body adjust. So far so good!

And I'm forcing myself to sit through WW meetings, at least until I make my goal. A lot of time and kinda a drag, but I'm getting to like my leader.

Here's to a good week for everyone!

#46 of 48 Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 PM

Congratulations Snuggly - it took my dh five years to decide on a second kid, you got off light.
#47 of 48 Old 04-01-2010, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

I've been sick the last 2.5 weeks. The past week I seldom had energy to make lunch so would turn to almond butter and jelly sandwiches. (You know, the kind that helped me gain 5 or 7 pounds. The kind that are 9 points each and I only get 22 points a day.) Oh, then I didn't have energy to make dinner so we'd go out for pizza or burritos--12 points each.

I just hoped I at least lost 0.2 pounds this week. Please let it be a loss rather than a gain. I lost 3 pounds. The only thing I can figure is it takes a lot of calories to burn snot.

I've lost 12.5 pounds total. Averaging a bit over 1 pound a week. I am more than 60% towards my guestimated goal (I figure out my goal when I actually get there.) I'm actually a bit nervous about such a large loss. Like, what if it's only water weight so next week I show a gain? Whatever. For now I'm just enjoying it.

Now, if only I could get back the energy I need to start working out again. I was really motivated and doing well before I got sick.

#48 of 48 Old 04-03-2010, 10:15 AM

Down another 2.2 pounds since Wednesday. Down 6.9 so far.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page