X-post--- Raw Cleanse for weight loss and more.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have started a raw food cleanse- trying for 10 days after which I will add in PLAIN cooked beans and LIGHTLY steamed veggies. I feel good so far- this is day 4 - actually yesterday was hard- I was craving sugar BIGTIME- I ate fruit and it really did help..
I am hoping to get back into a healthy eatting mode- more WHOLE fodds and less processed crap- cleansing the pallate feels good- hoping to do this for the whole month of march-
no alcohol, coffee, sugar (except in fruit), flour of any kind, dairy, soy, etc...
hoping a benefit will also be weight loss!!
anyone wanna join in to ANY extent?- what feels good to you right now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 06:26 PM

I also did a 10 day raw diet cleanse in October. It was great! I cheated a couple days when I just could not get warm, but it was steamed veggies or something similar on those days.

I don't think I'm in a place to do this right now, but I definitely would again. It was a good experience. Good luck!

Me and DP, No children yet, but we plan on having kids someday. I'm trying to lose weight and get fit. Ask if I've done my push-ups this week.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 PM

Hi, I'm not sure I could go totally raw with 4 other people to cook for - too much temptation for me but I have done a yeast/sugar free diet a couple of times and really need to get back to it again. I have a terrible problem with sugar addiction, and it really does help to cleanse. So, I'd like to join you if that's ok.

Amy, knit.gifwife to Luishola.gif, Mama to Taye (6), Darius (4), & Mya (2.5)  jumpers.gif and friend of Lola dog2.gif
Awaiting our Grand Finale, Haven Xavier in July 2011 ****5****10****15****20****25****heartbeat.gif****35****stork-suprise.gif
Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM

I am definitely in for no processed food, no sugar other than fruit etc etc etc. I will not go 100% raw though, as I eat primal which has a lot of meat and I do not fancy all my meat raw!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

I am only doing the first 10 days raw- then just no sugar, alcohol (which is HARD for me), flour or processed foods...

sugar has been the hardest of all...
how are you all doing??
Old 03-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2all View Post
I am only doing the first 10 days raw- then just no sugar, alcohol (which is HARD for me), flour or processed foods...

sugar has been the hardest of all...
how are you all doing??
Well, let's put it this way. I'll never bug my husband about quitting smoking again. OMG this is hard. All I want is sugar.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 03-07-2010, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

DAy three was the hardest for me- today is day 7 and the cravings are almost gone..
basically at 6:30 or 7 at night I start jonesing a bit of sugar- last night when it hit I had a LARA bar- 90% raw and only sweetened with dates- IT really did the trick!!!

I find I am sleeping better, not waking with a sore throat or a bunch of mucus and I really really do have more energy despite my extrememly diminished calorie intake!!! I am re-programing my body!!! Feels good mamas-

how you all doing??
Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Update-
day 11-
I added plain beans in my salad 2x last weekend....
other than that ...still raw only!!!
I tried roasted almonds and found that i like the raw ones better.. I would not have said that a month ago!!!

STILL NO SUGAR!!!!!
NO ALCOHOL
NO FLOUR OR GRAINS!!!

how you all doing??
Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

So day 16 and I have managed to stay 99% raw- I added slightly steamed asparagus to my salad last night..
roasted spicy pepper a few nights ago and warm miso soup on Saturday when I was not feeling well.....

that is all, I did not anticipate being able to stay raw for this long!!! Guess I am going to try to finish the month mostly raw!!

Cannot believe I do not miss flour products- bread, toast, muffins, pancakes, etc...
no cravings for alcohol
a bit for sugar in the evenings- not always though- but definately sometimes!

I am managing my work out- 60-90 minutes a day- cardio and strength training...I have lost almost 10 lbs and I am not NOT hungry!!!!

hope everyone is well and strong!!

User Tag List