Anyone starting P90X soon? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 106 Old 06-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies!!! I came to MDC to see if there was an P90X or INSANITY threads, came upon this one.

My son (15 in July) has been wanting the P90X for about a month. I have been wanting to get JB (my partner/husband) the INSANITY workout for many months (probably 6-8 mo) now. They are both pretty pricey for us at this time. However, I did just win two bids on Ebay for two of the DVDs for the P90X.

Before I go spending any significant amount of $ for the box set on either I wanted to get a DVD or two and give them to Dude (my son) for his bday next month. See if he is actually going to do the work out first!!!

I am glad to see that there are many great reviews on this thread about the P90X!!! I love coming here and seeing other 'real ppl' and their views vs reading 'reviews' on another website. Seems more real here, lol, KWIM?

I do have one question though... does anyone have "Before/After" photos? Or photos through out the 90 days?

Thanks ladies, happy working out to all!
#92 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I posted my before and after pics, you can view them here (if it works):

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/mes...ssage/60764137
#93 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellendie View Post

OH.MY.G*D!!!
Really?!?!?! That is what your body transformed from-to in ONLY 90 days?!?!

You are Smoking Rock Hard!

See, now I bought the two DVDs from ebay for my son, but holy WOW, after looking at your photos, I am inspired!
#94 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 AM

Sellendie, you look awesome! Congrats!!!

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#95 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I too was shocked with the results from this program, especially in only 90 days. The crazy thing is that I did not lose a single pound, but I am a few sizes smaller in clothing. I really believe that this program will give great results to anyone that really commits to it. I was pretty skeptical of online reviews too, but I am just a normal person that committed to the program wholeheartedly and saw big changes.

I got involved with a couple threads in the p90x forum on beachbody.com and that really helped me a lot with accountability and motivation. You just have to look past their whole "become a coach" pyramid scheme, which is pretty easy to avoid.
#96 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 PM

Getting ready to start back in after baby #3. When I got pregnant, I had just finished the first round (all 90 days) and was in great shape. During pregnancy, I gained 60 pounds, so i am looking forward to how my muscle memory pans out...

FTR, I still have my "diamonds of gold" [yes, Tony Horton is a lovable DORK], and my strength never really diminished that much. Carrying my 22 pound 6 month old is not even a challenge for me. Had I not done P90, I don't believe I'd be able to say that.

I am excited to jump back in!!!!!!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#97 of 106 Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM

So, I want to know... for those who *did* do this program... how bad did it hurt?
Were you massively sore the next day and did it really hurt/burn to proceed?
#98 of 106 Old 06-22-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy View Post
So, I want to know... for those who *did* do this program... how bad did it hurt?
Were you massively sore the next day and did it really hurt/burn to proceed?
The first week was pretty bad for me. I could barely get out of bed a couple days, but I pushed through the workouts and it did get better after a while. The bad soreness really went away after the first couple weeks, and then a general, almost pleasant, soreness set in.
#99 of 106 Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:

My before looks a bit like yours...and your after--Wowza! Nice work. I remember looking a bit like that in high school...20. long. years. ago.

I am running this week to build stamina for next week's big start.

And, yes, it hurts for a few weeks, slowly dulling to that yummy soreness you will crave!

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#100 of 106 Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy View Post

Hi ladies!!! I came to MDC to see if there was an P90X or INSANITY threads, came upon this one.

My son (15 in July) has been wanting the P90X for about a month. I have been wanting to get JB (my partner/husband) the INSANITY workout for many months (probably 6-8 mo) now. They are both pretty pricey for us at this time. However, I did just win two bids on Ebay for two of the DVDs for the P90X.

Before I go spending any significant amount of $ for the box set on either I wanted to get a DVD or two and give them to Dude (my son) for his bday next month. See if he is actually going to do the work out first!!!

I am glad to see that there are many great reviews on this thread about the P90X!!! I love coming here and seeing other 'real ppl' and their views vs reading 'reviews' on another website. Seems more real here, lol, KWIM?

I do have one question though... does anyone have "Before/After" photos? Or photos through out the 90 days?

Thanks ladies, happy working out to all!
Hi! My before and after pics are on my page. I did not do p90x but I did turbo jam to lose it all. Now I do chalean extreme and will be starting turbo fire.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#101 of 106 Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:

AWESOME! You look amazing!!!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#102 of 106 Old 06-25-2010, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomma View Post
AWESOME! You look amazing!!!
You look great too! Keep up the good work!
#103 of 106 Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 AM

How's everybody doing? I got a bit derailed myself due to some minor family crises. I had to redo a week of Phase 2, but I am back on course, onto the recovery week and will start Phase 3 next week. I definitely fell off the wagon with my diet and am struggling to fix that. However I am glad that Phase 3 is a bit higher carb. When I was sticking to the plan, it was causing me some digestive issues. I don't think I do well with low-carb. I actually lost a few extra pounds when I got sidetracked and started eating more grains because I was finally able to, uh, go, again.

Who's still working it? Done? Contemplating another round?

Altogether I'm down 18 pounds and almost 4 inches off my waist! I am lookin' buff!

Off to do some Core Synergistics.
#104 of 106 Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 AM

hello all! anyone still doing this or anyone new about to start?

i am prepping myself for it.

i finished the 30 day shred and used it as warm up for my workouts and noticed a difference but am looking for something a bit more hardcore.... so .

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#105 of 106 Old 09-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Hi, I'm doing this with dh and we're just finishing up phase 2. I love it! We do it at night after the kids go to bed so it's kind of our time, then we have protein shakes afterwards and relax! I highly recommend it.
Posted via Mobile Device
#106 of 106 Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM

I started with the P90X+. I decided to do the lean and started with Wed. Kenpo. It was really good. I used to be a dancer way back in the day, but I felt alittle uncoordinated. It got better as I went along. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this. All I can say is that I was super hungry when it came to supper tonight. I'm hoping to lose another 10lbs with this program in the next month.

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page