5 pounds by Earth Day (or you pick your goal) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wasn't sure if anyone started a new thread.

My last goal was 5 pounds in 5 week ending today. I joined the Y and have been working out like crazy. I was didn't loose weight until yesterday,lol. The scale finally went down 2 1/2 pounds. FINALLY! So I did not hit my goal but what can you do? You do your best and the scale does what it wants.

So I am re-setting my goal for 5 pounds in 5 weeks. Earth Day is on the 22nd so I will shoot for that. I was 168.5 at the scale at the Y. 163 sounds really good. Hopefully by then I will be able to comfortably wear my wedding ring again.

I have a big party for my mom's 60th Birthday on the 3rd and Easter party on the 4th that are going to be road blocks. Plus I will be away from the Gym for those days (out of town trip) I need to figure out how to get past that.

Set you goals and lets keep each other motivated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 03:49 PM

Yup, I am joining this too! I will weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I lost anything from 3-1 (109lbs). I am aiming to do 30mins of exercise per day and trying to consume less sugar. I would "like" to lose 1lb a week until I get to my goal, I know that 5lbs by Earth day may be hard though as it seems that last 1-2lbs is the hardest.

My goal for Earth Day is 105lbs.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM

I will join you! I have quite a lot to lose (40lbs)

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM

I'll join - I'm hoping to get down to a solid 185 by then (i'm hovering around 189-191) Warmer weather means i'll be able to ride my bike more- and walk with the kids, that along with wanting/craving lighter foods should do it.

E Veg*n Mom to ds 6 : dd 3
Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome welcome!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 AM

I'm in again! I'd like to lose 4 by Earth Day and 10 lbs in all. Last month wasn't great-actually gained weight. Spring is here and I think with the weather getting better and the 30 day shred, I'm going to lose something. I'm also cutting back on sugar and grains.
Not sure what my starting weight is. I'll have to check that out tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansmummy View Post
I will weigh in tomorrow morning and see if I lost anything from 3-1 (109lbs)..
Ugh, so I weighed myself and I am the same! That is discouraging but I have not put alot of effort into the less sugar, but I have into exercising so I am kinda shocked that I am the same.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:53 AM

Okay, I'm in. I am about 10 weeks postpartum and well, I'm not sure what my ultimate goal is. I know I'll feel human again when I've lost 10 pounds. I am vegan, and I am cutting carbs and sugars. I am working out hard at the gym several days a week, but I'd like to make it a solid 7 days a week of some kind of exercise. And I'm just trying to eat less, but I'm breastfeeding and it's hard to know how much food is enough and how much is gravy, so to speak. And I picking up inspiring tips from the Skinny B**ch books. So... here I go!

Rachel, mommy to Ella (10/19/06) and Kaia (1/4/10), wife to Michael . Just another vegan, attachment parenting, homebirthing, UU & Buddhist, CLWing, bedsharing, vegetable gardening, Bay Area crunchy mom!
Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I had In-N-Out yesterday. Yikes. But I had planned on it so I was very careful the rest of the day and still was within in calorie range and fat grams range for the day. It was so so good. The hard part was stopping. My kids only ate half their cheese burger and my typical response would be to finish it off. I had a cheese burger with no sauce (only katsup and mustard)and 1/2 of an order of fries.

It is hard for me to work out on the weekends because I can't go to the gym. I need to hop on my treadmill big time. I did great the rest of the week and went a total of 15 miles on the Elliptical. BUT I only did a full body workout on the weights once.

I am looking forward to next week.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:46 PM

I am in- recently lost almost 10 lbs on a raw cleanse-

I WILL NOT GAIN IT BACK..
still alomost 10 lbs to my ideal weight..
I work out really hard too.. sometimes I just do not lose the weight...
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM

I'd like to join. My weight right now is 148 and getting down to 143 sounds great! My ultimate goal is 130.

I need to work on drinking more water, not snacking late at night (no eating after 8!), and going to the gym every morning.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm in. I've lost 10.6 lbs in the last 5 weeks and want to keep up the rate of 2 lbs/week. I'm exercising 6 days a week and keeping to 1500 calories/day. I have a lot to lose, but I'm dedicated and feeling great.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM

It is Monday and I am hoping the start of weight loss!
Today I plan on walking 30 mins and going to my 1 hour yoga class.
I am going to cut out carbs after noon as well starting today, this is what I did last year and the weight seemed to come off much easier.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Morning, everyone! I've been starting really lightly, I'm so out of shape and haven't worked out in so long. I've started doing a 30 minute session of yoga every morning. I'm also trying to cut out sugar, although I didn't do too well yesterday. I weighed in this morning and am at 179...I was 180 this weekend. My ultimate goal is 135.

K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

Old 03-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
It is Monday and I am hoping the start of weight loss!
Absolutely!!!

The weekend wasn't too great. I had a hard time staying away from sugar! I did get in some good exercise though. The week seems much easier for me as far as not eating/wanting baked goods. Here's to a great week and another pound gone!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am in!!!!!!!

I started this morning at 188 -- I have about 50 pounds I need to lose (eegads).

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM

I'm in this month. I haven't lost any since last month, but I haven't gained either. I quit exercising, I don't know why. It seems like one day I'm scared to succeed and the next day I'm discouraged because I'm not making progress. It's terribly self defeating! Tonight though I'm going to go home and do my walking/jogging. I packed healthy snacks for today at work too! My goal is 4.5 pounds by Earth Day, that'll get me to 245.

Me and DP, No children yet, but we plan on having kids someday. I'm trying to lose weight and get fit. Ask if I've done my push-ups this week.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 AM

Today went really good! Did 30 mins on treadmill plus about 20 min walk with my son and played at the park. Did not eat carbs after noon either.

I did not get to my yoga class as my mom and I go together and she was too tried. We will go on Wed night.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 AM

I'm in!

I must start tomorrow because today... I made myself a home-made batch of buttercream frosting
Old 03-23-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I got on the scale a few days early. (I weighed 4 days before) I am down 1/2 pound. I will take it! It is finally going in the right direction even if it is only 1/2 a pound. I am now 168. I want to be about 135.

I did 4 miles on the Elliptical and lower body on weight machines.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 AM

cadipooh- that is awesome!!

Today went pretty good again, got in 30 mins on the treadmill even though I really did not want too.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

doriansmummy good job on working out when you didn't want to. That is hard to do!!!

4 miles on the Elliptical and upper body workout on weight machines.

There was a lot of really buff men working out today. I was not comfortable doing the weights while they huffed and puffed next to me. It was hard to ignore my inner voice that was whispering "you know what they are thinking. They are thinking 'what a joke, who is she kidding. Why even bother'" I had to close my eyes and repeat "I am doing this for myself. I am doing this for myself" lol. I made it through.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 AM

Congrats on working through that Candipooh!! Sounds intimidating. Although, it's likely that if they did even notice you they were admiring your effort, I bet.

How is everyone else doing?

I signed back up for Sparkpeople, mostly to try to get a sense for how many, and what type of, calories I'm consuming. I came in within their suggested amounts today! Was excited for that.

Me and DP, No children yet, but we plan on having kids someday. I'm trying to lose weight and get fit. Ask if I've done my push-ups this week.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 AM

Great idea! I'm hoping to lose some weight with yoga and walking. Also cutting out white flour and sugar. I currently weigh 200...my ultimate goal is 135 (I'm 5"8). I have a pretty long way to go, but whatever. Gotta do it sometime, better now than never!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM

Morning, all! I weighed in yesterday and I am down 3 lbs. already. So excited! I've been doing really well with Yoga every day and I am changing my eating habits. Yesterday was a really good day as far as eating went. I had to go to a fast food restaurant with my mom and I resisted the call of crap and I had a salad with grilled chicken and no dressing and water. I start the 30-day shred today, wish me luck!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM

Great job, inkslinger! You'll love the 30 day shred.

I didn't get exercise yesterday or Monday. Today is a snow day so hopefully I'll get in the 30 day workout and get outside with the kids!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM

I did not get in a full work out yesterday, but I did get in a 15 min walk (8 incline) on the treadmill and we did walk quote a bit at the park yesterday too.
Missed my yoga class again as my poor mom is still sick with her cold.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Never ever weigh yourself while on your moon cycle. Just don't even bother. I did and am up three pounds.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
Never ever weigh yourself while on your moon cycle. Just don't even bother. I did and am up three pounds.
Do not worry about it, I did that before too and wow is it a downer. Just remember it will all go away. Hugs.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks doriansmummy. I just hope it doesn't take three weeks for it to go,lol.

16 miles total on the Elliptical this week. Upper body weights once, lower body weights twice. It is really hard to get to the gym on fridays but I need to go and work my upper body and hopefully get another 2-3 miles in.

I really don't get why I am not loosing more. I understand that when you first start to build muscle that you might gain a little weight but the increase in metabolism *should* help you to eventually start loosing more. I am doing great with the sparks people recommendations.

Ugh. I want this weight gone!

I have one week till I head to Utah for a family party. I really wanted to be further along in my 'journey'.

User Tag List