Dingos are all Barefoot Marathoners! April Running Thread - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#811 of 815 Old 05-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do have a birth story! I went to the gym instead of running outside, thinking that it was a faster transition if it was one of those "drop and run" births. Turns out that it was- I took off my clothes to get in the shower, the phone rang, I put clean clothes back on my dirty body and headed out. After I got there, she had the most peaceful birth I've seen in a long time. No muss, no fuss, barely a peep from mom or baby the entire time. Best of all, I was home in bed by 11!

Today was supposed to be the run, but the rain is torrential and I'm feeling a bit sore. So I'm trying to convince myself to head to the gym instead, and will then take the girls to get color streaks put in their hair for a Relay for Life fundraiser, to the soccer store 45 minutes away for a uniform fitting, and will somehow figure out how to get some laundry done. Good times.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#812 of 815 Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 PM
bec

Sounds like a lovely birth memiles!

DH had a vas 6 months after Abby was born, and I get those little gas bubbles on occasion. I try to imagine it's a baby that I get to just enjoy the little kicks and none of the unpleasant parts of pregnancy. It is a bit more romantic than just taking tums. Like Jo with her 2, I am complete, full and happy with my 3!

JayGee - Congrats on finishing up your parties!!! On to the next stage of life!

There was so much more I wanted to say, but the sieve that is my brain can't remember them!

FMR: I rode my bike to the gym, did strength, and elliptical, rode home. There were about 50 things going on there, so no parking available. I felt very smug for riding my bike, until I remembered that I had to go back to the gym for swim lessons. I only had to bring 2 kids to lessons (Emily had a birthday party to go to), so I got the trailer hooked up (actually, got dh to get the trailer hooked up), and rode back to the gym with 80+ pounds of kids for their swim lessons and back. I feel pretty good about that!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#813 of 815 Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM

Checking in after a great 12m run.... I didn't hit the pace I'd envisioned, but it was about 9:55m, which for me for 12 is speedy. And it was hot and I was slightly short of water, so if it's cooler and I have equal mojo for my half in two weeks, I should PR - maybe by as much as 7min. I did stop my watch when I used the toilet, but I figure it takes longer to use a flush potty and wash hands than to zip into the porta potty!

I'm really happy - it was totally what I needed, a good long run before my two halfs, plus I discovered that a running skirt I picked up has the perfect back pocket for a gel or two. Awesome. And I've reminded myself of all the key stuff - gel, hat, sunscreen, water/gatorade, etc. Feeling really good. Except for my feet.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#814 of 815 Old 05-01-2010, 06:26 PM

I finally got an order in at the vibram website for a pair of Flows! Finally! So excited!

I hope I love them.

I did a slow and short bike ride today, and hopefully will run tomorrow again. Today is housecleaning/catching up and being lazy.

A good friend is selling her house and just got her offer on another place accepted. It's awesome, and I wish I were not jealous. Just outside of town on 3 acres. Ah. I'm searching for contentment in the life I have, but sometimes I wonder if that keeps me from working harder for the life I want? Oh, well. The housing prices are way out of whack compared to the local economy/job pay so we are nowhere near ready for house buying. Or farm buying, as the case may be.

I am so jealous/bummed/irritated that I was considering a quick run this afternoon. Yesterday's run was just so beautiful and refreshing... I should probably go before I tackle the dishes and dinner...

Mel- wow, are you running again already? Or just working out? I hope your knee continues to feel better!

bec- I am always amazed at how harder I work pulling the kids. It's like I forget or something...
#815 of 815 Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

May Thread

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page