Okay, carry on!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bec--congrats to your DH please send of those job vibes this way.

As long as he is away from that negative work environment things wil be better for all. Good luck with his choice
#3 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:00 PM

subbing, happy April to all!

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#4 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:04 PM

Hooray, Bec, for your DH's new job! What great news.

Nothing to report. Yesterday I watched the sky all through dinnertime to see how late I could theoretically run. Having that in my brain contributed to my not getting out of bed this morning again. Hopefully I actually will use our extended daylight time to run tonight. DH has been riding the exercise bike every day this week, which is a major thing for me. He keeps saying how fat he is, but won't do anything about it. I'm beyond thrilled that he's taking the first step.

Maybe tonight I'll be able to brag about my evening run.
#5 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Morning, Dingos!

I could use some for our family. We just found out that two dogs from our shelter were put down because of rabies and I am trying to contact the shelter now to find out our risk. The sick dogs were there the week we were looking/adopting Sassy.
We were there three separate times and each time we visited all the shelter dogs, they licked our hands, etc.. I am just sick.
I also have some pretty wicked needle anxiety and the thought of several shots is sending me into nauseous panic. Ugh.

Sorry to be such a downer! Hopefully I'll have some good news to report by tonight or tomorrow.
#6 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Nemesis - Major but don'tyou have to be bitten with actual punctured skin to contract rabies?

ND - So good to have you here!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#7 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:15 PM

Subbing

Nemesis ~ Oh no!

Bec ~ Congrats to you and Mr. Bec!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#8 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 PM

subbing...

I hope you hear back soon with an all clear Nemesis.

I had a great 8.33 miles this morning before taking the girls to school. I also called the jr high about enrolling ds1 for fall. It makes me all anxious to think about it but it will be fine. They suggested going straight to high school and I explained why I didn't think so the counselor and I both have more work and brainstorming to do.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#9 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM

According to what I've looked up this morning, biting or any saliva in open wounds (scratches, etc..) or saliva in eyes/mouth/nose. So.. Since I have kids that were being licked and don't mind dogs licking their faces.. I am not sure.
#10 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM

subbing

Nemesis - and

Callie, mom to Nora (12/7/05)
#11 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 12:40 PM

Subbing!

Hopefully getting 9 miles in tonight after work.
#12 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#13 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Hi all!

Bec, congrats to Mr. Bec! I can definitely relate to good jobs !

DrJ, don't forget to put me down on the race list for the Irongirl 15K on April 9th.

Had an awesome 6.2 miles this morning...very fast for me. Super hot and sweaty 1:00:27. I needed to push myself and the weather is gorgeous but definitely getting hotter. Did my w1D2 of the 100 pushups afterwards which really hurt.

Going to shower off and take the kids to the pool. Have a great day Dingoes!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#14 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 01:33 PM

Whew! Good update!

The infected dogs weren't out for adoption until the day after we adopted ours, so we wouldn't have petted them or had any contact with them. Good news for us!

Thanks for the good vibes!
#15 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Oh Nemesis, that's terrible. fwiw, I had a few rabies shots, and I know a few others who've done the full course. It's not as bad as it used to be. Still.

Spring break is here. I am trying to figure out whether/how much to work and how to deal with communication on projects. Hm.

Gorgeous weather. We're making sandwich lunch and having cousins' playdate, then I have two nieces for an overnight, and maybe maybe will take 4 kids to a park and run laps around it. Must consult with my sister and nieces before deciding. Otherwise, I guess it's just a yardwork day. Or I'm going to have to kiss and make up with the TM here at home.

Plady, love the thread title.
#16 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 PM

OMG, did I get in on the first page????? This would be a first in a loooong time.

HAPPY APRIL DINGOES!

hippiejennie, I'll be following you shortly... @chickpastor if anyone is interested, although I'm not much of a tweeter, more a re-tweeter.

waiting for my lunch to appear.....and the best thing about working outside my house is that it actually WILL

RR: Ran M and T, skipped yesterday, jury's out on today. It is heartbreakingly gorgeous here and I am trying to skip out on work bc I have to come back tonight (Happy Holy Week!). So am plotting my escape....

Jaygee, I didn't read what happened but sounds like a major injury and I'm so sorry, mama.

Jo, congrats on the twins AND the holy grail jeans! feeling good in your skin is soooo awesome.

take care mamas.
#17 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
bec

Glad to hear the good doggie news, Nemesis! How scary, though!

Gearing up to head out for 9 miles in a minute!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#18 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Congratulations Mr. Bec!!!! Nothing like a positive, satisfying job .

Nemesis ~ I'm glad to hear that there is no way your family could have been infected. How scary .

mamabeth ~ same old injury that just refuses to get better. Hey, have you read Here if you Need Me by Kate Braestrup? I just finished it and thought of you (as she is a chickpastor). Very interesting reading, I thought.

I met a friend and walked 5 miles this morning. By two miles in the entire lateral edge of my calf from knee to toes was totally numb. Sheesh, can I not even WALK??? Anyway, DH is getting me some personal training sessions with my buddy Walter (Mr. Boot Camp) for my birthday. Maybe some strength training will help, and will at least keep me somewhat toned in the downtime.

And DrJen, while you're updating the race list, can you take me off for whatever I've previously scheduled. Thanks!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#19 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#20 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#21 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM

from VT! the kids and i are on a last minute ski vacation for the first part of spring break. we decided more skiing was in order, after our mt closed for the year. unfortunately, dd and ds are so far apart, skiing-ability-wise that they are testing.my.patience. it's one thing for me to take them both alone at our mt - dd takes the spare cell phone, she knows her way around the mt, and i know she can ski the whole mt comfortably, so she goes off - and about 50% of the time, we meet friends, so there are usually enough kids/parents to split up nicely. but we're having a good time nevertheless - sunshine now, hot tub, indoor pool, and a local movie theatre with great kid new releases - so even if the skiing doesn't last as long as i'd prefer each day, we're still all good. mama decided naps were in order today for all!

this also means no running for me. ah well - had GREAT runs this past weekend, and earlier this week. the weekend was a ten miler at 7:55! and a six at 7:50! i'm baaaaaaaaaack!

jooj - so cool about the poppy-kid-kids and the jeans!
bec - congrats to you all on the job!
#22 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 04:52 PM

Resuming dingo participation here after being gone for a while - it has been a rough couple of weeks, work-wise and home-wise, and I'm a. not running as much as I need and b. not sleeping much either... hopefully Easter break will be an actual break.

Ds turned six yesterday, which is amazing but also makes me wistful for the baby he once was. My parents are in town which I'm hoping will be really constructive/supportive, because I need it...

Really glad spring is here.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#23 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Pen, I hope you get what you need and stat.

kate~mom, You are speedy!

This whole thread is getting speedy. I just can't push it right now, not sure why. I am logging the miles and trying some other stuff so maybe that's it; my body can only do so much at once.

JayGee, how is your leg? Is it still bothered by the walk?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#24 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 PM

I'm here , not running, or working out but it IS spring break week. I will get back into it next week, really I will. I did some squats, lunges, tricep dips and push ups yesterday. counts for something. today I washed the van and rain x the window, the rest of the day been enjoying the sun.
#25 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM

penelope~

Just back from the Y for a swim, picking up my skis and boots (took them in to be adjusted), renting DS's skis for tomorrow, and stopping for milk. It's kuhrazy windy here today...as in I saw a giant tumbleweed flying across the middle of a major intersection. In the city.

DS is testing my nerves a bit. I'm almost regretting taking him with me to Detroit next week. Of course, he DOES get dropped with grandma while I'm actually IN Detroit, so that will help considerably.

rr~2000 yds in the pool. I am slow, but I got it done. I tried to pick up the pace for my last 50, and my feet decided they didn't like it and wanted to cramp, so no go on that.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#26 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
lady!

Bec, such great news! my Dh, as you know, is in a similar position in that he doesn't like his job. It's a miserable time for all, so very glad that your dh has some great choices! And companies fighting over him

Jaygee, I forgot to say that I would LOVE to meet you! NH is only a few miles away... let me know when you're planning on being in the north east. Sorry to hear about the walking Have you tried to row at all?

Penelope 2

kate-mom you are speedy, speedy!!

mommajb, what did you do differently to fuel?

Mel and Poppy, you are so lovely both of you! It sounds like you had a fun time meeting.

A busy week here, and no FM except for a yoga/pilates class. I saw my chiropractor today and he is really helping me keep my body less injured, and he's also very good about making me feel better He told me to quit the negative self-talk when I told him I wasn't very good at doing the exercises he showed me He also talked me out of running another half marathon next week. But, I am thinking of doing this:

http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/

I was contemplating the half iron man. What do you think? Is this nutty? I don't really work over the summer (except research) and DS will still go to the nanny's for a few hours a week. Also, DH is going to cut down his hours at work so that we have more of an 'anchor' at home (thank you Jo and Nemesis for that concept.. it's really helped us reach a couple of decisions) - so I will have lots more time.

I woke up in the middle of the night for the trillionth time, and felt sort of cross that my entire life right now feels as though I go from responding to different people's needs all day and all night long. I feel like I am losing myself. I realized that the half marathon training - however infrequent it was - has been a way for me to keep a part of myself separate from the bedlam. Even just thinking about it and planning it has been very therapeutic, so I thought a really big goal - before the semester begins again, would be something to keep me sane.

But maybe I'm insane, actually, to even contemplate this!

Would love your thoughts

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#27 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks, Zub, someone else here is responsible for the term, but I think Nemesis and I were able to give real-life examples of how it plays out. And fwiw, dh mentioned quitting my job again yesterday. I guess it is time to ratchet it down again for summer.

I had the suckiest 5 miler in a long time. It suuuucked. It was between 75 and 80 out there, mid-afternoon, peak heat and out I went into rush hour traffic on the highway. Also, my iPod was pulling my pants down and a lot of people are burning brush so breathing wasn't great. I averaged 11min/mile and I walked a lot. Afternoons are really hard for me. It was my only window today, though, and I decided that today, a bad run was better than no run. Plan for tomorrow is to go out in the morning.

But somehow I also have to squeeze in shearing 13 sheep with dh. He's turning soil again, and we might have a fire and roast marshmallows tonight.
#28 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM

Nemesis--I'm so glad you don't have to worry about rabies anymore; what a stressful thing to have to think about!

I did manage to sneak out for a run this evening, which was nice. It was great to get out there in the sun and the warmth. I wore shorts! Only ran my short 3.2, but that was my own fault for not dragging myself out of bed this morning, and not making more time this evening to run longer. This weekend I hope to get some longish runs in, as the weather should be good.

Gotta go; Survivor is almost over, which is my cue to call my parents. Back later, maybe.
#29 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Thanks for the hugs. I found out today that a half marathon I'd hoped to run in May sold out - I'm totally kicking myself for not registering earlier. But I did register for two others in May, so I'll be fine, but I'm still annoyed with myself.

My parents are here and are cleaning, which is helpful, and I get a couple of days off of work for Easter, so I'm hoping to run and clear my head and get stuff done.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#30 of 815 Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM

bec, for your dh's new job!

mommajb, nice run! Good luck with ds heading to school. I hope the counselor listens to you.

Nickarolaberry, nice speedy run!

Nemesis, I'm so glad you don't have to worry about rabies, whew

JayGee, . I'm so sorry about the injury and how it's affecting so much of your daily activity.

kate~mom, sounds like a nice vacation. Enjoy skiing! You are sooo speedy!

Penelope, . Sorry you didn't get into the half you wanted.

RM, enjoy spring break!

zub, glad the chiro appt helped! The tri looks good, I want to do one sooo badly but I can't afford a gym membership with a pool right now for swimming.

Jo, yuck on the crappy run. That's hot and I'm sure the smoke didn't help.

La4, glad you got out for a run! It was gorgeous out this evening.

rr: 9 wonderful miles, it was beautiful out and I enjoyed my run so much. Except for the boys who insist on honking and making me jump while I run. Seriously, grow up. I hate it and it startles me so bad.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page