Dingos Run, Skip and Jump - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nemesis, linky to your soaps?

was it GMM that also did /does soaps? Just bought zum bar, patchouli scent, mmmmmmmmmmm..... remember when we all bought the rose something or rather that helped in the intimacy department??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the good races wishes everyone! I'm getting nervous for tomorrow. I did discover that there is tracking: http://vermontcitymarathon.org/page....unner_tracking, bib #2893. The race starts at 8am.

JayGee, I did have compartment testing, it wasn't too bad. They numbed me up first so no real pain, some pressure. I hope yours goes well and gives you some answers!

Gaye, love the cake, great job!

My internet is iffy here, but hopefully I'll be back with my time and stuff tomorrow. If not I have facebook on my phone.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 PM

Go, ashcav, go!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 05-29-2010, 11:35 PM

Ahhhh. come and visit. I'm intrigued by the hoola hoop thing. As in I'm sick of my midsection and if I could figure out how to hoola hoop again I might be able to solve that.

Beach day! Beautiful day on lake Superior. Beautiful! 75, light breeze. fabulous.

no running to report

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 AM

ashcav, I hope you have a perfect race day!

I am sore. Spent the rest of the day post-park weeding garden and then chopping down bull thistles. I'm leaving the baby goats with their moms until I end the milk withholding due to deworming. Because I am lazy/tired.

My kids made me lunch (a "tuna salad" sandwich, consisting of tuna and pickles--no mayo or mustard--on ww bread). After we showered, we went to a friend's for dinner. I brought frozen pies and she barbecued chicken, and then we went for a walk while our kids played together at her place.

Best of all, as we drove off, both my kids declared the day great fun and said we should definitely do it again.

Now I am going to take several medications and go to bed. I don't usually, but my SI joint is singing, my finger abcess is throbbing and my hammies hurt from all the squats in the weeds.

At least my pants aren't crabby.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post

What did I miss?

No, don't tell me - I promise to go back and read every post that I missed, but before it's too late, let me wish all you racers (Ashcav, Gaye, DrJen, Geo...anyone else?) the best races ever!

I know I'm hopelessly behind, but I wanted to post quickly to say to everyone in Dingo land! We just got back from a week in Holland, lots of fun, but pretty chilly (if you're used to the beach in SC!). I've got so many loads of laundry, I don't know how it's all going to get done, and I'm off again today to visit the in-laws.

No FM for me for the entire week. Blech. And no sit-ups, push-ups, PT... Just lots of walking (that counts, right?). And lots of french fries. Man, they make good french fries in Holland. But I'm getting back into my exercise groove since yesterday.

Got to dash off to the preschool co-op since it's also my weekend to do laundry there.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 05-30-2010, 08:45 AM

Have a great race today, ashcav!!!

RM ~ I had totally forgotten about that soap !

I love getting up early in the summer when the whole house is still asleep .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Good Morning Dingos,

DH and I had our 10 mile run yesterday. It was awesome all the training really paid off. Feels like a great way to start this new chapter of our life.

I was happy with my time 9:30 min miles. There is a much smaller 10 miler in our town that i would like to sign up but it is much smaller and I'm afraid to finish last. How lame is that.

Have a great Day!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:38 AM

Go racers!!

Modmom, I finished second-to-last among women in a half marathon last summer (around 10 runners). It was still a PR. Go run! Have a good time!

No FM for me today unless I take the kids biking later, which I might. But my weight, which has been about 5lbs more than I and my pants really like, is creeping down, which makes me happy. And I got 4 very solid runs in this week, which is what I need. Yay, summer.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

Old 05-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Go Ashley!

Got a 5 + 1 in yesterday (5 miles running, 1 mile walking). Stomach felt okay, pace was very s l o w. Something's off with me but I don't know what it is . Frustrating.

Today is "father's day" for us as I and the kids will be away for the 'real' father's day...so...probably no FM for me today since dh will want to do all his recreating.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 AM

I am so excited for all the dingos whose pants are happy with them. Mine are not at all pleased. I have been doing just okay on the forward motion front and horridly bad with regards to food. I need some accountability. I am carrying a good 15 pounds my mom feels fills me out but I feel heavy having to carry it around. I feel ready to tackle the issues and get back to levels of both food and exercise that feel good. Dh leaves this week and should be back by the 19th. His absence always means something though I am not sure what this year.

Ds is acing all his placement exams but even with near perfect scores we are running into issue where he has to take certain math classes not just a number of credits in mathematics to get a high school diploma in our state. The bummer part is that as 7th grade comes to a close he has completed those classes . We are still working to find a good solution with the school. At least we are conversing and they are willing to see him as an individual. In general I/he/we feel excited, welcomed, and accepted here.

If the gym is open I'll go lift this afternoon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Go, Ash, go!! Looks like she is through the half in 1:59:40!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:38 PM

She's smokin! Go Ashley!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 05-30-2010, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
In other internet forums that could sound particularly skeezy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View Post
I was happy with my time 9:30 min miles. There is a much smaller 10 miler in our town that i would like to sign up but it is much smaller and I'm afraid to finish last. How lame is that.

Have a great Day!
Lame! Who cares? If you really think you're the very last person on the course just pull some dramatic limping out as you cross the finish line. Seriously though, it's so cool that you and your dh ran together, that's really special.

It's fun to track AshCav, and I know a girl from HS who's also running it. She's the one who made a comment about my marathon time on FB that could have been read as snarky so I'll admit to tracking her with some interest.

I hope everyone who isn't racing is having a nice holiday weekend. We went to the bowling alley yesterday which we'd been saying we'd do some rainy day ever since we first moved here. It was fun and then a bunch of off-islanders came in and that was fun because they were so clearly not from around here it gave us that little satisfied 'we're locals' feeling.
Then last night I took C to the Tacoma Youth Symphony Orchestra and that was great. It's so nice to have that kind of thing coming to the island, I just love it here.

Geo and DrJen - Have great races tomorrow!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Old 05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
bec

GO ASH!!!! She was at 13 miles at 1:59:40!!!! Great time!

I had the mini "tri" (in quotes because I only did the swim) this morning. I did the 600m swim, and cheered everyone else on in the bike and run (as well as guarded the transition area). It was a great swim, and, I'm happy to report that I beat the pants of the hyper competitive, snarky comment making lady. It felt good in a not very charitable way. Anyway, it was also a confirmation for me that I have gotten a lot faster in the water! Now just to get me back on the bike and run!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Ash hit the 20 mile marker in 3:10:12!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Ash hit the 20 mile marker in 3:10:12!
Thanks for the tracking updates. Go Ash!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM

Go, ash, go!!!

My little man is FOUR today! How the heck did that happen?!

Of course, he's being alternatively sweeter than sweet and whinier than whiny.

We're off to a birthday breakfast, then I think we're going to go for a hike!

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 PM

4:10:47 I can't wait for her race report.

to Tyler!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 PM

Wow, ash! Awesome!

Smilies from DS:

Old 05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
bec

AMAZING, Ash!!!!! Way to ROCK that marathon!!! I can't wait for the race report!

Happy Birthday, Tyler!!!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Happy birthday Tyler!

Way to go Ash! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
She's the one who made a comment about my marathon time on FB that could have been read as snarky so I'll admit to tracking her with some interest.
Thanks for admitting that, cause I would totally do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
It was a great swim, and, I'm happy to report that I beat the pants of the hyper competitive, snarky comment making lady.
Go Bec! Gotta love a little payback.

Mommajb: Wow, that's great that your DS is doing so well & the school situation feels welcoming. That means so much! I'm actually feeling so much better about my DD's school since we didn't get in to the magnet we had applied to. They had been so dismissive of her year abroad and homeschooling. Now we are talking to the other high school, and they have been very encouraging and positive about her.

Nick, I hope you are feeling better.

Modmom, I'd totally do the 10-miler. And I bet you won't be last, but even if so, most of the people watching are probably pretty impressed by anyone who can run 10 miles!

I just went out for my first "run". The whole thing consisted of me and DS on his bike taking a nice hour-long outing, 5 minutes of which was me running. It was not so great. The knee is not ready. It was generally achy/twingey, and I stopped when I felt that the twingey part was becoming sharper and more focused in one area of my knee.

OK, so that brings me to my new idea. I think I will *not* run any more until I'm done with the ACL reconstruction, or until I have discussed it with my doctor in the states (whenever I get around to finding one). I get mixed messages from the doctors I've seen here, ranging from don't run at all to run carefully (whatever that means!). Also, I definitely don't want another injury to happen and disrupt our lives again.

I think I'm going to swim as much as I can and work on improving.

Oh, and to all of you missing your DHs, I totally feel that pain, too.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
Old 05-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Congrats ashcav!!

tjsmama--happy birthday to your little man and good luck tomorrow! Beat my time from last year, ok? I'll be thinking of you.

Good luck to everyone else out there racing!

We decided we're going to head to the mountains early tomorrow instead. DH was so tired he went to bed at 9 last night. It gives me time to weed the garden, get to the library (via jogging stroller!) and run an errand before we go at least.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
Old 05-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Congrats to all the Dingos racing today. You guys rocked it!

I feel like I'm so far behind in everything I'll never catch up. From my FB update:

Birthstorm 2010 Final Tally: 13 days, 5 boys, 2 girls. 113 working hours plus about 20 hours drive time. Four hbacs, several reminders to never judge a birth before it happens, and my first solo catch. Who could ask for anything more?

In that time, I managed to run twice, plus get to the gym 3x. I also managed to pick up a lovely cold from the doula at the 42 hour birth, which has taken advantage of the fact that I have no immune system when I'm totally sleep deprived, so today, with a long day in front of me with absolutely no plans, I can't stop sneezing or blowing my nose long enough to consider some forward motion. Tomorrow, right?

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM

Holy moly, Ash! That's SMOKIN fast! Way to go!

Now can we dissect the course together? That was my marathon, oh...13 years ago!

It's time for me to find and prepare for another race. I'm mouldering away here and losing fitness for lack of focus. Gah.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

time Ashcav! You did great! And you totally smoked my snarky old-classmate
Thank you!

Bec - Yeah baby, nice!

Our day has been all about cleaning and a little bit of dd1 trying to get the hang of bike riding - again. I'm finding it really hard to not be disappointed that it's taken over 2 years of 'learning' and she still doesn't feel comfortable on a bike. I know it's not about me. It's not about me. It's not about me. It's about her finding the joy right? It'll happen. Today we were trying with her going down a tightly mowed hill with her seat really low so she could put her feet down as necessary but she just can't seem to get the handlebars still and then all the weaving throws her balance as soon as she slows down a bit. <sigh>
It'll come. I just have this dream of a family cross country bike tour, but I guess Alison would need to be a little older than 2 anyway.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 AM

Thinking of fallen vets today, feeling really privileged.

for ashcav and or own ND! What a hot day for a marathon in WI!

Looks like it is starting to cool down today. Last week of school, dh comes home tomorrow, and then I am back to being home FT until fall. I am so ready. I've asked for about 10 hours of WAH per week over summer, but if that doesn't pan out, it's OK.

I ran 4mi yesterday in the park after 5mi the day before. It is a good setup. Managed to run faster yesterday and finished the run with some fast strides, but today I am sore. Taking a rest day, or maybe will walk/hike a little with kids. Going to visit friends and try to shear some fairly wild little sheep. Wish us luck.

Also, it looks like my finger abcess is out of control. I am starting to think staph infection, so tomorrow I'll try to get in to see a doc. It's really painful and outrageously swollen. I drew a line around it with a sharpie to see if it's getting worse. Index finger, right hand. Like the only finger I really, really need.

Great day and good running, Dingoes!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:01 AM

Jo, that sounds bad, like cellulitis maybe. You need to get to a doc right away to have it checked.

Had another run yesterday, ran 4, walked 1 (ish). Somehow I just lose my mojo in the middle. I guess it could be because of hmmm...the heat? the fact I don't want to eat much beforehand because of my stomach troubles? Yeah, probably.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM

Hi y'all! Just in time for the June thread, right?

we had an awesome week of camping near Savannah. SO much fun. If any dingoes ever want to make the drive, the campground is totally worth it. GORGEOUS, spanish moss everywhere, beach 30 min drive away, great seafood. Oh and $23 a night. I really need to spend more nights in a tent! I did run and hike a decent amount, too.

must go get stuff for our new chicken coop! woo hoo! Happy Memorial Day, y'all. Happy to live in America.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:43 AM

June Thread

User Tag List