Crossfit - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2010, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How did the workout go Jend? I took a full day off and didn't do anything not even a walk. I was at the park all day w/ the kids and that was exhausting enough on NO sleep! Plus, we were busy getting BIKES!! And my friend is supposed to be picking up a bike trailer for me today! I am hoping we can all go riding this Sunday!

Today I plan to run, dh is supposed to be working only til 11:30, so I think it should work out. I think we will do it at the indoor track today since we have a b-day party there anyway- which means running without the kids. I want to do some lifting Sunday since I didn't get to yesterday and of course riding in the evening.

I am down a bit in weight, not officially trying to lose anything but was kind of hoping to lose a few pounds before a family reunion. Funny thing I remember my one cousin saying the last time I saw her that nobody stays skinny after 3 kids, so I kind of want to make sure I am an exception- since now I have 3 kids! Hopefully the upcoming reunion will be good motivation to workout this week! Plus, I have been having fun!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 06:31 PM

Went running last night 20 min total 9 min on/1 min walk- 10 min run. Felt good!

Today I went biking w/ the kids about an hour pulling the youngest 2 in the bike trailer(which makes about 60 pds I am pulling). Went up and down various hills it was so much fun and nice and hard as well. I am still hoping to do some sprints this evevning. I wanted to do some lifting today but don't know that it is going to happen. Thursday I start the local bootcamp classes.

I hope to do :
bootcamp class 1x wk
biking 1xwk
1 endurance run
1 sprint session
1 heavy lift session
2 interval run sessions
2 short bodyweight sessions
5+ leisurely walks-

Sounds like a lot- I am loving being active these days especially w/ the cooler weather- 80 is much better than 100+- let's see what I can actually get done this week though as we are starting back to homeschooling and my family is having a HUGE family reunion and I am supposed to be helping mom- not to mention a friend is coming to stay the night tomorrow!

I would love to hear how all you are doing!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM

Definitely an ambitious plan cruchy_mama! Congrats on getting a bike. I can't imagine pulling two kiddos - sounds like a great workout. I completely understand what you mean about trying to show your cousin that she is wrong about being fit after 3 kids! How do you motivate to do sprint workouts? I am not so great at pushing myself with sprints.

I did that WOD that I posted on Friday. It took my 23:36 to finish and I did scale with all of the subs. It was a tough one! I am always amazed at the times that some people post. On Sunday, I did a 6 mile run. Today is DH's crossfit day. I think I will take today off and try to make it to the 6 am tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 AM

Wonderful job getting the workout done, I was glad it wasn't mine!

re: sprints- I try to make it into a race with either dh or my 6 y.o. it is much more fun and motivating that way! I actually like sprints as well, it doesn't take long and like I said we have fun with them!

I ended up doing some sprints last night and a *baby* CF workout- some squats, pushups and planks. Then I did some regular pushups and worked on pull-up negatives. Today I will be at the park so I hope to get in a bit of a relaxing walk. I ate like a horse yesterday! I was hungry all day- I think making up for not enough calories for all the activity I did this weekend!

Enjoy your day off Jend!

User Tag List