Does anyone need a weight loss buddy? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2010, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMama View Post

According to my schizo scale, my naked weight puts me at the BMI the IVF clinic wants me! But only if they accept half inches. And only if their scale is EXACTLY the same as mine and only if I'm naked. But that is not the point. The point is that I GOT TO MY FIRST LITTLE GOAL!!!! 18 lbs down! 1 yr of IUD damage+Divorce-stress-eating down.

Next mini goal = 8 more lbs. I'm going for baby steps here!
WAY TO GO! Woohoo! Keep going-your baby steps are making good progress!

ColwynsMommy: Thanks for the recipe-it looks so healthy and yummy! Sorry, I was thinking you had said c-section-my brain's a little fried lately!! Not sure what the domperidone is for but my old antidepressants really shot my weight up. I'm on Lexapro now & it's been fine and working so I'm glad for that.

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM

got weighed by the trainer at the gym yesterday... down to 229. was 234 when I started going 1.5 months ago. while it is slow going, I know that I'm building muscle and losing muscle. I'll be getting remeasured next week - so hoping for some inches lost.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Hey!

I weigh in at 310 and desperately need to loose weight. There are a lot of reasons I'm this big (medication, poor eating habits, not enough exercise) but the point is that I'm ready to make a change. Today is just the first day in those changes, though. Well, technically yesterday was. I went grocery shopping and didn't buy any pop or chips.

There are a few changes I've made in the last few weeks. I no longer eat in the middle of the night (that was a hard thing to curb) and I want to stop eating in the evenings. I know that will be just as hard as not eating in the middle of the night but I'm confident that if I can do one, then I can do the other. I'm going to start by eating healthy things in the evenings and then wean myself off of it altogether.

I've decided that I'll do a brisk 30 minute walk on my treadmill every morning after I wake up. I did that this morning and I feel fantastic right now. I had to keep encouraging myself to keep it up. It was hard. I wanted to quit and go watch the morning news! Technically I could do both as I have a small TV in my room... would just have to angle it so I could see it from the treadmill (I live in a small apartment so rooms have to do double duty!).

I really want this to become a habit. My cousin always has said "If you aren't slightly intimidated by your exercises, you're not exercising". I feel silly that 30 minutes on a treadmill each morning has me feeling intimidated but... *sigh*

You guys have a great weight-loss community here. I hope its ok that I'm just jumping in.

Thanks a bunch.
-Dee
Old 07-04-2010, 05:16 PM

I am so nervous to weigh tomorrow. I am under 200 as of last monday, I am just hoping that it wasn't some kind of fluke. I exercised 4 times this week, but only 1 was kick-my-butt exercise. So we'll see. I've been taking it easy on the eating...trying not to eat late and stay away from the ice cream. I am going to try not to pig out at the BBQs today. Wish me luck!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:19 AM

I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 196.8 lb - a loss of 4.2 lb!!! This is actually the lowest I have been since the baby was born. Just think, only 61 lbs to go.

I kept up with the exercising all week. I biked 3 days, ran/walked 3 days (I started back at my learn to run program) and swam 1 day. I'm a little worried how this week is going to play out because it is freaking hot out! Already this morning it is above 30C and it's only 6:22 am. I'm thinking exercise first thing in the morning or at the end of the day when the sun is starting to go down. I'm hoping to add some strength training and ab work as well. Maybe I'll focus on that this week instead of the outdoor cardio.

I also started myself a new little challenge, so if anyone wants to join me let me know. I mapped a route across Canada from the most westerly point (Haines Junction, YT) to the most easterly point (St. John's, NL). It's about 7850 km. I'm going to see if I can exercise my way across the country. See if I can lose the weight before I make it all the way across. So far I have "travelled" 78 km between all my cardio. That means I am halfway to the first stop, which is Whitehorse, YT. I haven't quite figured out how many km strength training or a class would be. But so far I am having fun!

Hope everyone had a good long weekend. And that your goals are met.

LM
Old 07-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darling_deedee View Post
Hey!You guys have a great weight-loss community here. I hope its ok that I'm just jumping in.
Welcome!
It can seem like such a long haul, can't it?
Make sure to set mini-goals for yourself, like ____ pounds per week or month. It is easier, IMHO, to get one's head around that than the end goal.

Yay! for eating healthier.

Have you determined what your caloric needs are for the day? I ask because a pound of fat is approximately 3500 calories. If you know what you need and simply cut that by 1,000 calories a day, then by the end of the week you've cut 7,000 calories which can equate to 2lbs of fat. That helps keep me focused. Cutting back 1,000 calories a day isn't hard, for me, at all and doesn't leave me feeling starved or deprived. I just remember to eat lots of veggies (a whole head of broccoli has only like 150 calories) that bulk up the stomach, fill me with nutrients, but don't fill me with calories.

Also change your food associations (don't do things that usually lead to you eating) if you are having trouble with cravings. If you normally eat while watching tv at night, for example, you can take up a hobby (mine is knitting) that can keep your hands and mind occupied so that you can't munch.

Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneMarie View Post
I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 196.8 lb - a loss of 4.2 lb!!!
Awesome!
Was that a 1 week loss?

I agree, the heat has been dampening my enthusiasm for exercise. I've moved my activities to the basement and that seems to be working out. Sure, it is nice to walk outside and breath in the fresh air...but dehydration and heat stroke aren't fun...so basement it is.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, I weighed myself this morning and I was up a pound. Not surprising considering how I ate over the weekend. Ugh.

I'm trying to figure out how to fit exercise into my day. With four kids who are 6.5, almost 5, 2, and 2 months, I have zero time. Plus, I hate the heat. I could go to the mall and walk, but I'd have to walk at my kids' pace. I'd love to get a treadmill, but space is really tight. We're moving things around a bit and hopefully sticking our dresser in the closet, which will free up a little space, but I don't think it'll be enough for a treadmill. I'd probably have to get rid of my monster of a desk, but that would involve buying another desk to replace it.. ugh. I'd want the treadmill in my bedroom but right now my bedroom holds a king size bed, a crib, a night stand, a long dresser, a huge desk, and a smaller desk. It'd be awesome if I could wear the baby while I walked on a treadmill, but I don't know if that's really safe..

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies, I'm trying to get back on track. I keep losing and gaining the same 3 pounds. I'm so tired all of the time (I'm sure that's from a poor diet and poor exercise habits) that I don't feel like doing anything. I did go to the doctor yesterday to get labwork for my thyroid rx and he is going to check lots of other things to see what I am deficient in. Maybe the results will give me the motivation I need to do something. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I hope everyone has a good week!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM

got re-measured this morning.... and... nothing off the arms, thighs, hips (51.5 inches), chest (38.5 inches above the bust). 2 inches off the waist - where I'm already disproportionately smaller (34.5 inches).

sigh. Keeping on keeping on. food diary starts tomorrow.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 AM

For those of you who've lost this week, either pounds or inches, Congrats! Way to go!

For those of you who've gained, Hang in there and Keep going!

As for me, my birthday was Monday. This week I: started filing bankruptcy, got the foreclosure letter from the attorney and have officially kicked dh out as of this coming Monday. Needlesstosay, I ate ALL but one piece of the birthday cake I made for myself. Not really feeling guilty with everything going on but definately Not getting near a scale! Giving myself some time to adjust before trying to set a new goal.

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 PM

I am back and need to get back on track. My dad has been here for 2 weeks and while I try to make healthy choices at restaurants, it is dang near impossible to do it all the time. I ate too much candy on top of it. I think I am going to get back on the No Sugar No Flour plan. It is so hard to do it, but it helped me so much before. I have been better today, but not perfect. Tomorrow I start with it completely!

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM

Can I join? I just calculated my weight on a BMI thing and it came upto 33 and anything past 30 is obese

I really need to make changes. I have just cut out soda (for the hundredth time of trying to ) this week, and started having a bowl of porridge with raisins and sunflower seeds for breakfast.....but Im always craving bad stuff and Im not even hungry I just want to eat

Also I've been TTC my second child for 4 months with no luck, and wondering if my weight has something to do with it. I was much lighter when I concieved my dd who is now 7 years old.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 AM

Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM

I am back on line after being computer / internet - less for a week. Let's just say 8 month olds and mobile internet sticks don't mix well.

I am very proud of the fact that I am keeping up with the exercise. I have been out biking, running and swimming almost every day for the past 2 1/2 weeks (only missed 2 days so far). I wish I could say I was doing as well with the eating.

I had an awesome drop the first week of exercise - 4.2 lb followed by 0.4 lb this week. Not sure why such a big difference. I was doing almost exactly the same thing. I'll wait and see what the scale brings this week. Would love to make it to 195 (2 lbs away). That would make it officially 10lb since the baby was born.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Hey there! Can I join? I could really use some support losing weight, and think you all have a great system going. This week I have become serious about shedding some pounds. It really hit me when I was at my OB/GYN office, and got my weight checked. I knew I had put on some pounds...but, didn't realize I was THAT heavy.

For the most part, I eat a very healthy, whole foods diet...sometimes the portion sizes get me. Also, I tend to eat at night when I shouldn't. So, this past week I have increased my protein majorly, decreased my grain consumption, and have been exercising whenever I can fit it in. Total exercise a day would be between 35 mins-1 hour. It is so hard to get the motivation and fit it in our daily routine, however, now that I'm doing it...I crave the workouts. Just those simple changes have already made me feel better. Eating a protein filled breakfast really helps me get going, and keeps me full. I love it!

My weight now: 166
My overall goal: 130
My motivation: To be the healthiest I can be for myself, my son, DP and our future baby we would like to conceive after I get myself back into shape.
My mini goal: Continue to watch portion sizes, decrease bad carbs, increase protein and keep on moving and grooving with some good exercise.

I'm looking forward to meeting my weight goals, and seeing all of you do the same. Here's to good health...

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Hi ladies. I'm still here. Just wanted to let you know, I cleared out some of my past posts. Nothing about this thread particularly. I'm just trying to minimize my online identity. It's a privacy thing. Keep up all the good work!!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM

A little more than frustrated this week. Ate relatively well, but not great. Managed to get out and exercise 5 days for a totla of 67 km of running, biking and swimming. How is that I managed to gain 0.5 lb?

This sucks!

LM
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM

LynneMarie, sorry you are frustrated this week. Hope it gets better! 5 days of exercise this week is awesome! Good for you!!

Today is a good day. I've really been trying to focus on getting into shape, but haven't been able to exercise as much as I would like to. I really need to figure out how to do it with my toddler attached to my leg, or get up at 5:00 am to be by myself. If all goes as planned, I am going to start working in a daycare at a local gym 4 hrs every other week to earn a monthly membership there! Yippee. I tried it out yesterday with my son, but he was less than thrilled to be there, so hopefully it will get better.

Foodwise, I've done pretty well. Went out for a beer with DP the other night, and he got some fries...I had to try a few. Moderation. I watched my friends DS today, and she gave me some of her produce from her CSA, so we have lots of veggies to choose from! Looking forward to getting out tonight we DS to get in a good long walk, maybe try an exercise video in a while.

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneMarie View Post
A little more than frustrated this week. Ate relatively well, but not great. Managed to get out and exercise 5 days for a totla of 67 km of running, biking and swimming. How is that I managed to gain 0.5 lb?

This sucks!

LM
I really think that weight loss is mostly what you're eating, though exercise does help a little. Are you keeping a journal of what you're eating? Do you want to share so we can help you adjust it?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to check in and say I'm still here. I was really hoping this was the time for me to finally do something about all of this weight, but life has just been so stressful lately and sadly eating is how I deal with stress. I just don't know what to do to get back on track.

User Tag List