HCG Diet - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wife&mommy I am currently doing HCG for weight loss under the care of a physician (Dr. Eisenstein of HomeFirst) and I questioned him about this same thing. DH and I have been TTC and have been through loads of testing; mine always comes back borderline hypothyroid, high estrogen & testosterone, and low progesterone. His comment was that low doses of HCG increase the levels of progesterone and decrease the other two. By how much I don't know, like I said mine are all borderline numbers but I think it would be worth more research to see if it could help balance you. Good Luck!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM

for those that have done the research... I am just starting to do so for myself... but I'm wondering about (the safety of) doing this while bf.

I have about 80 lbs that I need to lose. I've been doing cardio, weights, moderate caloric restriction for almost 2 months. I've lost a whopping 4 lbs. Yes, I feel better. But, I'm not losing. AND, I lose weight while pregnant (12 lbs with dd1 and 20+ lbs with dd2).

Dd2 is 9 months old and ebf. I'm concerned about toxin release from the fat into my breast milk.

Any thoughts?

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM

For me the biggest issue is that it's likely to affect your milk supply. I am also concerned about release of toxins into the milk. I'd want to wait until the baby is at LEAST a year old before considering something like this. People do it while breastfeeding, but I wouldn't personally be comfortable advocating that with a 9 month old. To each her own though!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM

This is fascinating to me because the easiest time I've ever had losing weight is when pregnant or the first 7 months of pp, while breastfeeding. Once I get my period back it stops.

Will keep this in mind for years from now when I'm no longer pregnant or breastfeeding a babe.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Just wanted to share that I've been assisting several people, one of whom is my mother. She has been trying for my whole life to lose weight. She was a very thin person pre-kids, but legitimately had 40 pounds to lose. Her goal is 140 at 5'7. She has worked with a trainer intensively (for years. she's gotten much more fit, but hasn't lost weight), eaten cleanly (no grains no sugar no refined foods) for years due to cancer, done all kinds of protocols that never worked etc. She wanted to try this.

I just got a call this morning as yesterday was her 21st day, end of round 1 phase 2 and her last weigh in was this morning. She lost 22.4 pounds in 21 days. This is a woman who had never lost more than 5 pounds and always put it back on. She is thrilled, said she LOVED the protocol, felt amazing doing it and felt sad to go off of it. She now knows what it's like to eat to the point of nourishment and not because of boredom. She feels healthy and calm. We'll see where it goes-but it's a very rave review.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 PM

I read most of the link and I am interested in the hormonal aspect since I have hormonal issues (estrogen dominance), however, this is actually a low carb diet with a side of hormones.

It would be cheaper and less fuss to just do low carb if you have not tried it before. If you respond, great. If not, add the HCG and see how it goes.

That would be my thoughts on it.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:41 PM

it's really a totally different thing altogether, though it may look at first like a low carb diet. But as I said before, the best people to do this are those that have tried everything and not had anything yield results. Your point is a good one-low carb is a generally effective way to lose. The problem is once you stop being low carb most of it comes right back. This is aimed at correcting that susceptibility to gain. I would agree though, that low carb (or specific carb, really) is a healthy way to eat.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
So, how are people doing this? I see all kinds of ads on-line, but they are the variety that skeeve me out -- outrageous promises and sketchy research.

Do you have a doctor that prescribes the dosage? I think my doctor would sock me one if I ever suggested a weight loss drug. She and I have a fabulous understanding that less medicine is better.

I am really frustrated with my weightloss though and looking for something that would give me a bit of an edge. I am hugely active -- I teach aerobics, I run, I am very physical and I eat very carefully (no whites, weight watchers for portion control). I still weigh 180 pounds. I am stronger, faster and have more endurance than anyone in my classes and yet I am often the fattest woman in the room.

Panserbjørne -- you are a homeopath? Is this something you do in your practice? And you have seen good results? Any negatives? There must be some drawback...this seems to good to be true.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
50 lbs gone in 2.5 months. I cycle instead of doing rounds. I do 23 injections and the 500 cal diet then I do 10 days of phase 3 (low carb) then back on the injections. this keeps me able to lose weight more rapidly as I don't have 3-4 weeks of phase 3 between rounds but I also don't become immune to the HCG which is why people doing injections rather than sublingually have to do the phase 3.

I got my pharmaceutical grade hcg from a online pharmacy. I went in on a order with my friend so because we load our needles at the same time we don't have to waste leftover supplies. I found various websites for supplies and ordered where the best prices were. we also saved on shipping. I ordered enough supplies to do 200 injections for about $85 after shipping. I am halfway to my goal and still have 3 of the 5 ampules of HCG I bought. I spent about $15 at WM for needles and alcohol prep pads.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post

Panserbjørne -- you are a homeopath? Is this something you do in your practice? And you have seen good results? Any negatives? There must be some drawback...this seems to good to be true.
I am now offering to support people in this protocol and have done so quite a bit over the past few months. I myself have attended seminars and talked to people (not one or two...upwards of fifty) that have done it homeopathically and kept the weight off for years after reaching goal. I don't see any negatives at this point, just that people may need support as it's very emotional. I am a very non-interventive person. My aim is ALWAYS to support the individual and allow them to heal. This is about as interventive as I get-but I think the science makes sense as does the diet. It's a healthy, balanced diet albeit low calorie. AND it's only for a brief, predetermined period of time. It's not lifetime compensatory eating.

I have people who have completed rounds and done beautifully. Nothing long term at this point, but being off for a few months and staying at the same weight eating good quality food more consciously is pretty darned good.

You've heard people on this thread post the negative. You've heard people say it's a sham and doesn't work, and that they've known people it hasn't worked for. I would love to find someone for whom it hasn't worked so I could talk to them. Everything I've read has been fairly clear that if you follow it it DOES work. I think you can negate the positives by not engaging in the behavior modification as instructed. But, even reading this thread, has anyone posting about their experience said anything negative? Yes, it's a small audience and anecdotal but has anyone said, "I did it and it was a crock-I lost nothing."? Everyone who does it seems to get results. That's what I'm paying attention to.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:30 PM

Not sure if I can post a link, but if you google HCG forum - it should be the first or one of the first that comes up. There are hundreds of people posting about their experiences with this diet. There are rarely, rarely complaints about it not working (and when you do read them, you see that they didn't follow protocol). You know how message boards tend to bring out negatives b/c people are more likely to take the time to post when they have a question, concern, or bad experience? I would think that at a forum dedicated to HCG, there would be more negative comments - but there isn't. Just tons of support and positive stories from people who are doing injections, Rx drops, and homeopathic drops. I haven't read of one situation where someone followed the diet to a T and wasn't happy with their weight-loss. In fact, the only naysayers seem to be those who haven't given it a real chance (either through researching talking to others, or trying it themselves).

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Where would you get homeopathic drops?

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
natural food store, ebay, hcg clinic,
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM

there are many different brands so make sure you are getting a reputable one. You can either talk to someone who has done it or check out HCG diet forums. Most do have manufacturers listed as well as people talking about their experiences with each.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Well, I've decided to go for it. My supplies are ordered (injections, not homeopathic) and I'm intending to start loading on my birthday next Friday, if everything is here by then. I've been reading like crazy on the HCG diet info forum and I fell well prepared, I've read pounds and inches through twice now, too. If anyone else is interested, I'd love to buddy up w/ someone here...

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Amazon has them, too.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Panserbjørne I was asking about doing a candida cleanse like tablets I take.

The cleanse I'm doing now--between rounds--is supposed to be a system cleanse. Colon, lungs, liver, lymph. It's Cleanse smart or something like that.

Kevin Trudeau's (?) book mentioned several cleanses to do over a period of time and candida was one of them.

I was wondering if I could take the tablets and do a candida cleanse at the same time I'm on the protocol or if that's just too much going on at once.

Hopefully that made better sense? Or do you believe following the protocol is a good enough candida cleanse?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:27 PM

I have never read Trudeau's information. I just know that he's tweaked the original protocol. Do you have symptoms you are addressing or just doing it because he suggests it? Unless there's a reason for you, I'm not sure I'd agree.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM

I'm really in love with sugar;0!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:34 PM

are you okay on protocol?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Yes I did super.

Oh and with the homeopathic drops is it ok to just do the protocol then phase 3 and skip the "break". I'm wondering if I should do that this next time.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:38 PM

then I'm not sure it's really a major yeast issue or you'd be in misery with the die off. I'd probably just try to eat more fat and protein when you have a craving. You can also look at other ways to manage it (herbs and supplements that are targeted to you.) I don't think much of those boxes cleanses in the interest of full disclosure. But, if you can get through p2 and p3 without detox symptoms that knock you down I don't know that your real underlying issue is yeast.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I got mine from http://hcghomeopathicweightlossmethod.com
Evoke on sale for $21.60

~Summer~ Married DH Chris Mom to DS  Brendan (12/91)  Jenna DD (6/97) and Ava DD(10/08)  and adding #4 12/2   stork-boy.gif

Old 07-08-2010, 11:44 PM

I personally prefer those as well. I've had people try out several brands and these seem to yield the most consistent, desirable results.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Hi Ladies! Today is day 11 for me and I am down 9.1 lbs and at least a half inch from my waist!! It is so amazing to me that my carb cravings are nil. Usually when AF arrives I want chocolate and potato chips. Not so this month. I'm curious to see how this will play out when I am on phase 3 and not taking the drops anymore? Hope everyone else is doing well...

Old 07-09-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View Post
Hi Ladies! Today is day 11 for me and I am down 9.1 lbs and at least a half inch from my waist!! It is so amazing to me that my carb cravings are nil. Usually when AF arrives I want chocolate and potato chips. Not so this month. I'm curious to see how this will play out when I am on phase 3 and not taking the drops anymore? Hope everyone else is doing well...
So you are doing homeopathic drops, not injections?

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I've heard about this for a while but never really looked into seriously doing it. I wonder if it would work for me because the only time in my whole life I have ever really lost weight is in the first trimester of pregnancy.
This is sooo true for me to! I end up loosing 40+ lbs at the beginning of each pregnancy then towards the end it all comes back with major interest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View Post
Awesome!! Good job hun Thanks for pointing me this direction.

So is there a good website to look into the specifics of the diet? This is the first time I've heard of it but I'm really interested in trying it out I have seriously tried everything under the sun and I just keep on gaining more and more! I need to loose a good 120 or so lbs (god that looks horrible, I need to loose a person ).

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 PM

Pounds and Inches is linked in this thread at least once. That's where you have to start. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:28 AM

I'm doing rx sublingual drops from my physician; my MIL did homeopathic drops that she purchased off the internet and we seem to be having very similar results. On some other groups I am on there seems to be a bit of a controversy as to if the sublingual is as good as the injections. As my previous post shows, I'm doing pretty darn well doing what I'm doing

User Tag List