HCG Diet - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 142 Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Pounds and Inches is linked in this thread at least once. That's where you have to start. Good luck!
Thanks! I suppose I'm a bit confused b/c I read on one of the websites posted in this thread to read Dr. Simeon's Protocol. Is the 'Pounds and Inches' the same as his "Protocol" or are there two different publications put out by him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View Post
I'm doing rx sublingual drops from my physician; my MIL did homeopathic drops that she purchased off the internet and we seem to be having very similar results. On some other groups I am on there seems to be a bit of a controversy as to if the sublingual is as good as the injections. As my previous post shows, I'm doing pretty darn well doing what I'm doing
Nice! Did you do the detox first? Or did you just jump in with the hcg? I'm thinking with how crappy I've been eating from our move I really need to do the detox first..hmm...

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 142 Old 07-10-2010, 12:57 AM

Pounds and Inches details the science as well as the protocol-it's everything you need. Hope that helps.
#63 of 142 Old 07-10-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Pounds and Inches details the science as well as the protocol-it's everything you need. Hope that helps.
Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#64 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 AM

Ok guys, I just finished the book and I have to say I broke down in tears a few times. To hear a doctor say what I had been trying to communicate for years was so uplifting!

I've been down to 125lbs at one point in my life and even getting down to that I exhibited symptoms that no one could explain as to why I was holding on to fat. I'm definitely going to be trying this!

Now here is my question. On the website posted for the oral drops it has a phase 1 of a diet then phase 2 starting the hcg. In "pounds and inches" it says to binge eat for a week before you start the hcg. So which one do I do?? or should I just start doing the hcg and do neither?

website I'm referring to: http://hcghomeopathicweightlossmetho...tent/9-program

#65 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post

Now here is my question. On the website posted for the oral drops it has a phase 1 of a diet then phase 2 starting the hcg. In "pounds and inches" it says to binge eat for a week before you start the hcg. So which one do I do?? or should I just start doing the hcg and do neither?

website I'm referring to: http://hcghomeopathicweightlossmetho...tent/9-program
You binge on good fats for 48 hours while taking the the drops. Then after 48 hours (day3) you start the 500 calories.

~Summer~ Married DH Chris Mom to DS  Brendan (12/91)  Jenna DD (6/97) and Ava DD(10/08)  and adding #4 12/2   stork-boy.gif

#66 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

BTW I did not do Phase 1. My mom went to a HCG clinic and she did not do Phase 1.
I did do 3 day detox Epsom salt baths. You can do colon and liver cleanse if you feel like you need it.
I have lost 14 lbs and 12 days with doing Phase 1. SO I think it is a personal choice.

~Summer~ Married DH Chris Mom to DS  Brendan (12/91)  Jenna DD (6/97) and Ava DD(10/08)  and adding #4 12/2   stork-boy.gif

#67 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showurhorns View Post
BTW I did not do Phase 1. My mom went to a HCG clinic and she did not do Phase 1.
I did do 3 day detox Epsom salt baths. You can do colon and liver cleanse if you feel like you need it.
I have lost 14 lbs and 12 days with doing Phase 1. SO I think it is a personal choice.
Did you do any additional suppliments as well or just the hcg? I know the website is going to promote their stuff, but I just want to make sure I have the best chance of loosing weight if ya know what I mean

I have to wait a few weeks before af starts so I may just eliminate processed foods and then go from there....then I can start the drops after af and hopefully loose some weight!

#68 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM

just about everyone I know just does Simeon's protocol. That's just the 48 hours of binging with drops then the 500 calories for 23-42 days. Most just stick with what the good doc suggested. On the boards/forums/seminars etc. that's I've read/attended for the most part that's been the case as well. You can choose to do other things to augment the protocol, but it's not necessary for weight loss.
#69 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 01:39 PM

http://besthcgweightloss.com/hcg-wei...does-not-work/

This is a good site, and this part talks about bit about Trudeaus weight loss cure so I thought I'd post it.
#70 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 02:31 PM

Has anyone who's using this protocol struggled with HG during pregnancy? Seeing as it's a "pregnancy hormone", I'm concerned that it might actually induce HG symptoms in me.
I know I need to read the links, but too sick to really process scientific data atm.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#71 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM

For any of you ladies who have already been through a round...is weight gain at some point normal? I got up this morning and am up almost two pounds!! I have been steadily losing between .5 and 1.5 lbs a day (today is day 12) and so am freaking out a little bit. Nothing in my diet or liquid intake was different. Any ideas?

TIA

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#72 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 03:08 PM

yes it's common. My input would be to stick RELIGIOUSLY to the diet as outlined by Dr. Simeon. ON top of that drink large amounts of water (this depends on your weight...but I loosely say aim for more than a gallon.) What happens during this process assuming you are following it to a "T" is that in the exchange within the fat cells you are likely at a point where you have circulating fat and cells full of water. This can result in a "gain" if you are looking at the scale. Keep drinking to flush that water and you should see a decent drop. IT may take another 24-48 hours, but after this people can see anywhere from a 1-5 pound loss in just a day or two. What you will likely notice is that you are having more output than usual.

The other potential issue is if you are about to begin your cycle. If so, the same information applies. It's just water retention and will be released.

Of course this is all assuming that you are following Simeon's protocol and not one that is set forth by a clinic. Those are the instances that I have seen and heard of people failing. I'm not saying you are doing this, just putting it out there. Many clinics/doctors/books etc. have "tweaked" the protocol. I would strongly advise anyone to simply eat the foods in the quantities that he put forth.

JR-I have two that have and the answer is no. This is a TINY fraction of what would be circulating in your system during pregnancy. Especially if you do the homeopathic version. Even the injections and sublingual versions are teeny tiny quantities in comparison to pregnancy.
#73 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
http://besthcgweightloss.com/hcg-wei...does-not-work/

This is a good site, and this part talks about bit about Trudeaus weight loss cure so I thought I'd post it.
Thanks for the link! It confused me even farther though b/c I was looking into getting these: http://hcghomeopathicweightlossmetho...-hcg-2-oz.html

to start the diet and on the website you posted it says that anything labeled 'homeopathic' doesn't contain any actual hcg.

Where did you guys get your hcg from??

Quote:
For any of you ladies who have already been through a round...is weight gain at some point normal? I got up this morning and am up almost two pounds!! I have been steadily losing between .5 and 1.5 lbs a day (today is day 12) and so am freaking out a little bit. Nothing in my diet or liquid intake was different. Any ideas?

TIA
Which hcg are you using??

#74 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Where did you guys get your hcg from??

I order rx HCG from yourhcgdiet.com - I'm planning on starting injections this Thursday! Homeopathic hcg is like all homeopathics, it contains a very, very diluted amount of hcg.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#75 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
JR-I have two that have and the answer is no. This is a TINY fraction of what would be circulating in your system during pregnancy. Especially if you do the homeopathic version. Even the injections and sublingual versions are teeny tiny quantities in comparison to pregnancy.
Thanks, PB.
One more question.
Do people follow this protocol using just the homeopathic hCG? Needles freak me out.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#76 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 08:07 PM

panserbjorne: Thanks so much for the info; looking over my food log the past few days I think I might have been slipping in the water department. The funny thing is that I just ended AF...I showed a loss every day during. Weird. I am doing a program with a doctor but it is Dr. Simeon's protocal exactly, just with some accountability weigh ins and bloodwork throughout to show how you are getting healthier. Thanks again!!

MFG: I am using rx sublingual drops. This is something I was confused about at first. If I am correct I think you have the option of injections, rx sublingual drops, or homeopathic drops. Good Luck!

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#77 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

TIA
Try the Epsom salt bath. It helps with plateaus. I did not gain but stalled for 2 days did the bath and lost 3 lbs.

3 c Epsom salt
1 c sea salt

ONLY 20 min for 3 straight days.

Make sure you drink plenty of water. I found that after the baths I felt like I was drinking salt water.

I agree with making sure you are drinking enough water I notice the biggest lost days are when I drink the most water.

#78 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 PM

I only work with the homeopathic. No needles.
#79 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
ive had some gains during p2. one time i had diet dr pepper and anther i ate onions. there are some things i can eat an some non protocol things i do eat and still lose. i make a blueberry/strawberry smoothie with cocoa powder and fat free powder milk and have one daily
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#80 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
oh thank goodness! I don't think I could do the needles...

#81 of 142 Old 07-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I thought that might be your answer.
Thank you!

#82 of 142 Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:

to start the diet and on the website you posted it says that anything labeled 'homeopathic' doesn't contain any actual hcg.
IT actually is not entirely true. Most preparations do contain HCG, just in a very small amount. His main argument is that classically, that's not how homeopathy works. IN that he's correct. It's a homeopathic preparation and therein lies the confusion. However this isn't being used homeopathically-it's being used clinically. Not all homeopathically prepared substances are homeopathic. Some are used as isodes, some are used for tautopathic situations and other still can function as drainage remedies. I know that's probably more than you want to know, but there is an actual basis for this.

There are people that correct thyroid imbalances with homeopathic iodine-there's nowhere near enough iodine in that remedy to correct a nutritional imbalance, but yet...it works. This is very similar. You can check out forums and see that people who have done injections and homeopathic often report that they have the same success, but feel more comfortable on the homeopathic version. I can make none of those claims but I've certainly read them!
#83 of 142 Old 07-12-2010, 12:19 PM

What about exercise?
I read Pounds and Inches but (unless I read to fast and missed it entirely) didn't see anything about whether or not participants were advised to exercise or not while on the hCG protocol.

I watch calories for weight loss but I do aerobic/cardio exercise 6 days a week for fitness. Yes, I realize they are related, but that's how I look at it. It keeps me motivated to keep up my cardio work even when the scale doesn't seem to be moving.

Anyway, what's the protocol with regards to working out?

TIA

Maryhippie.gif

#84 of 142 Old 07-12-2010, 01:21 PM

you can continue your routine, but not start a new one. You may find that you need to scale back or add more protein based on your activity level.
#85 of 142 Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 AM

The more I read about this, the more it seems like a promotion of an eating disorder. Sorry to those that enjoy it.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#86 of 142 Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM

My understanding is that eventually, you can add back in whatever you want, but you weigh in daily so that you know right away if something causes a gain. And dairy and fruit you add back in (slowly) after you finish injections. After 3 weeks of that you can add in sugars and carbs in Phase 4.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#87 of 142 Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM

exactly. There's daily weigh-ins for pretty much life so that you can monitor your situation. This allows you to identify problem foods, caloric intake, activity level etc. and be mindful. If you gain more than 2 pounds then you are encouraged to "correct" that by going phase 3 (no starch no sugar) until they come off again. So, for instance if every time you added soy you gained more than two pounds you'd know that it was an issue for you. You'd have something to do about it and you would be very clear that it wasn't the healthiest food for you-so you'd approach it sparingly.
#88 of 142 Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
The more I read about this, the more it seems like a promotion of an eating disorder. Sorry to those that enjoy it.
no need to feel sorry for me
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#89 of 142 Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 AM

I am at day 10 using the homeopathic spray and have lost 13 lbs. I couldn't be happier with the protocol. I miss the variety of food but not the quantity.

~traci

~Traci, wife to DH 4-88. Mom to 3 homebirthed sons, 22,20&17

The Blue Door Farmhouse & traci.mymomentis.biz

#90 of 142 Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci mom23boys View Post
I am at day 10 using the homeopathic spray and have lost 13 lbs. I couldn't be happier with the protocol. I miss the variety of food but not the quantity.

~traci
Awesome! Good job Hopefully I'll be right there with you once Af decides to show. I never thought I'd actually be looking forward to af!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page