HCG Diet - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 142 Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd also like to say that I sympathize with the struggle to feel good about oneself, and to maintain a healthy and happy weight. I grew up with a mother who has done everything, tried everything, and in the end, has been dealt a terrible hand in this struggle. I do understand the desperation in finding a way to get your body to respond to what you are doing, and what you are so badly trying to achieve, when it comes so easily (and unfairly so) to others. It's not my intention to minimize that struggle. However, physiology is physiology, and the diet industry has been one of the most successful industries of all time...for a reason.

500 calories a day is not healthy. Period.
#122 of 142 Old 07-21-2010, 11:47 AM

stiss...thanks for that. I spent some time looking for that kind of data but didn't search long enough.
As to the source of the HCG, I figured they were gathering it from pee.
#123 of 142 Old 07-21-2010, 11:57 AM

I do appreciate the concern for people trying this. Unfortunately I can come up with a boatload of studies to show things that don't work, do. And, in terms of what it's sourced from? Far more benign than most "clinically proven" medications out there.

So, congrats to those who are having success. I know what I've seen with my own two eyes, and it's not placebo, and it's not starvation. Also, what is missed time and again is that you aren't *living* on 500 calories. That is a starvation diet and has different results if you are *looking* at someone and not reading numbers on a report. Someone who is starving looks drawn, loses tone, faces get gaunt etc. I have not seen, heard of, or read any instances where that was the case with HCG.

However, to each their own! Everyone has a path to walk and I don't ever feel that I know better than the one walking it. We should all feel free to share information, but know that it won't resonate with everyone. That's okay too.
#124 of 142 Old 07-27-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJsmomma View Post
I didn't believe that I would be full on 500 calories but I definitely was.
By the third day, I felt stuffed when I ate.

One trick I did was cut up my meat in tiny pieces so it was a lot to chew;0.

I drank tons of green tea and water too. I used flavored stevia as well.

Emotionally sometimes I wanted to eat more and had to fight the wanting to eat even though I was literally full.

It definitely wasn't as bad as it sounded. I tried not to overdo it though. No exercise and I went to bed way earlier than normal. Which isn't bad because I stay up way too late;0!

I am finishing a complete cleanse and then I will do another round. I did a round of sublingual but this time I'm trying homeopathic drops. \

I have a question.
Do you think I can do a candida cleanse during a round or should I just do cleanses between rounds?
I'm reading this thread totally interested...but I have to say - the things you're expressing, to me, remind me of anorexic-speak (the cutting food into tiny pieces and chewing more to get the effect of eating more, drinking TONS of teas...). I don't see how that can be healthy?
#125 of 142 Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

if you are anorexic, it's not healthy. This is a very specific protocol designed to reset the hypothalamus, so the foods allowed are extremely specific and designed to serve a purpose. Doing this without HCG would be an issue, no question.

That's the thing that it seems people having a tough time with. This is not just about the diet. It's about the HCG *along with* the diet. And, it lasts a short amount of time.
#126 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 10:08 PM

I didn't read through ever post here but I have to say as someone with 60lbs to loose who is struggling to take it off despite changes in diet, more rest, and exercise I sometimes consider the HCG diet as there are billboards up everywhere around here these days, but it is scary to think of adding hormones to the body and honestly as a nursing mother it isn't really an option for me even if I did think it was a good idea.  But as I read through the things that people are saying that is so great about the rapid weight loss and all I wonder why we all don't just jump on the Eat to Live bandwagon as it only has positive things to look forward to.  It is just a lot of comittment I suppose.  Why is this so hard?

#127 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternamariposa View Post

I wonder why we all don't just jump on the Eat to Live bandwagon as it only has positive things to look forward to.

ummm, you should search on MDC alone and see how many people experienced failing health as a result of eat to live long term.

what I like about HCG is that the cal. restriction is FINITE.  it's only a few weeks.  literally.  then you move on to eating healthfully in a conscious way.  it's just a reset.  Eat to Live is a long term, calorie restrictive, low fat, low protein, high fiber diet.   Just sayin'.

#128 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

Eat to Live is a long term, calorie restrictive, low fat, low protein, high fiber diet.   Just sayin'.

Not necessarily. I followed Eat to Live for 2 months (this was 5 years ago) and lost about 30lbs and have never gained it back. It made me realize that eating healthy, whole foods makes me feel good. I never anticipated staying on the program long-term. I also didn't consider it low protein as legumes were "allowed" in unlimited amounts.

I've been interested in the hcg diet for a while. My aunt and uncle did it, but I don't really think they needed it. I never noticed any change in their physique. I certainly can't argue that it works for some people, though.

#129 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 PM

I don't consider beans protein.  just about any nutritionist worth their salt will tell you that beans are processed as a starch/carb, not a protein.  That doesn't mean they don't HAVE protein.  It means the break down and utilization of said macronutrients are different.  I think if you do well with them they're great though.

I'm glad it worked for you, and used for a finite time is the best case scenario IMO *so long as you feel good while on it.*  That's always the key for me.  And if you add in fat and protein it's a great plan.  But then it's no longer Eat to Live.  It's a low-ish carb diet with lots of phytonutrients.  That I can get on board with, no question.

#130 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 11:37 PM

I've never heard or read anything negative about E2L outside of the fact that it is hard to do.  My sister had great success with it, better than any other diet she has tried actually.  There are varities of plans too though.  The lifetime plan is a bit more flexible and includes some fats, lean protiens, etc.  I think it is a great way to track down any offending foods too as it naturally supports a much healthier digestive balance than the standard american diet.

#131 of 142 Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 PM

for those it works well for, it works.  I'd just say (for any diet plan) to make sure you're evaluating along the way and if you see or feel concerning things to pay attention to them.  There's been a good number of people here that have tried it and been really miserable and had declining health.  The appropriate thing to do in that situation is to change course.

Yes the lifetime plan has a bit more fat and protein, but again-not everyone will thrive on that.  It's a matter of not sticking to ideals, but seeking health and not having prejudice as to what that looks like.

My personal experience is that it made me miserable and I DIDN'T have the brains to stop and listened instead to Dr. Fuhrman.  My experience is far from unique.  I know several others in real life that were taken off it by their docs when their labs got squirrely.  All I'm saying is be informed and listen to your body.  Use a program as a guide but don't dismiss your personal experience if it's not working for you.  That goes for ANY plan.

#132 of 142 Old 06-11-2011, 05:59 AM

One plan isn't going to be right for every single person.  I did HCG, lost 40 lbs and have stabilized perfectly.  I felt great on it, I feel great now, and I am so glad I gave it a try even though I thought it sounded crazy. LOL  

My main problem was a serious sugar addiction that included soda, that I had tried so many times to curb and just couldn't.  My weight was spiraling up b/c I could not get off of it and I had to do something drastic with strict rules.  The HCG diet reset not only my hypothalamus (and I am totally convinced that happened) but also my internal hunger detector and sweet tooth.  I couldn't do that just by trying something new.  I had to do something major with big weight losses to keep me motivated.  I'm now eating healthier than ever and feel better than ever.

homemademom likes this.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#133 of 142 Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 AM

I have a friend that did this diet too and she lost like 20 or 30 pounds, it was the last bit of pregnancy weight that just wouldn't budge for her and she kept it off without exercising regularly even.  I am really intrigued by this idea of a systemic reset.  I feel like that could be such a great thing for me.  I have never struggled with my weight or energy level this much before.  In high school, which was only 7 years ago, I lost 30 pounds over a summer pretty easily with diet and exercise.  After my son I lost 35 of the 40 I gained.  But now I am just stuck.  What are the "rules" about HCG and nursing though?

#134 of 142 Old 06-11-2011, 09:48 AM

depends on how old the nursling is.  I say under 2 and I would wait.  no need to risk your supply at that stage.  There are, after all a minimum of 23 days of calorie restriction.

#135 of 142 Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 PM

My daughter was 2.5 when I started HCG and I felt fine about it.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#136 of 142 Old 06-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternamariposa View Post

I have a friend that did this diet too and she lost like 20 or 30 pounds, it was the last bit of pregnancy weight that just wouldn't budge for her and she kept it off without exercising regularly even.  I am really intrigued by this idea of a systemic reset. 

That's exactly why I did E2L. I don't even know if the hgc diet was around at that time. It was 5 years ago. I didn't want to diet at all while nursing, and I knew I was finished having babies. I wanted to lose about 30 lbs. I felt the best I've ever felt while I was doing it. I didn't find it difficult at all. It seems like many have success with the hcg diet too, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

I don't consider beans protein.  just about any nutritionist worth their salt will tell you that beans are processed as a starch/carb, not a protein.  That doesn't mean they don't HAVE protein.  It means the break down and utilization of said macronutrients are different.  I think if you do well with them they're great though.

I'm glad it worked for you, and used for a finite time is the best case scenario IMO *so long as you feel good while on it.*  That's always the key for me.  And if you add in fat and protein it's a great plan.  But then it's no longer Eat to Live.  It's a low-ish carb diet with lots of phytonutrients.  That I can get on board with, no question.

I've been vegan for 3 years and have been healthier and felt better than I ever had. No more cycles of depression, and I rarely even catch a cold. I know that some people really suffer health problems on such a diet, though. You just have to figure out what type of foods make you feel good. I would say that the majority of my protein comes from beans and whole grains (eaten together) and nuts/seeds. I avoid wheat as much as possible. I find that it makes me feel a bit sluggish.  I'm not good at limiting calories. Not at all.

#137 of 142 Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Okay, I am interested in this HCG diet. Where do you get it and is it prescribed?  How long do you have to be on the 500 calorie a day portion?  When do you increase from 500 calories per day?

#138 of 142 Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM

Do you think you can get immune to HHCG drops?

I've lost to a certain point and have at least 40 lbs more to lose and it's not budging.

I've been using D140 should I try evoke or another one?

#139 of 142 Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 PM

Hello my name is Jennifer and I was going thru reading these posts on HCG and urs caught my attention...can u plz give my the name of the online pharmacy u use to get ur HCG injection from...plz and thank u!!!

#140 of 142 Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 AM

Just found this group today and definatly needed a support thread to try HCG. I'm looking for information as well during my research and have questions. Looking for online pharmancy info, local doctor in the Melborne Fl area, read in a post that forum leader has a store to purchase items (that info would be fabulous), someone mention about Dr. Eienstien, and is it easier to do alone or under a doctors care. Are there support groups that meet outside of the forum? I was on the yahoo groups forum but THIS ONE is SOOOOO much better and clearer to understand..

Thanks in advance for all the great information. Learned more here than on the yahoo groups...

#141 of 142 Old 10-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Hi all,

just found this thread...

Would y'all recommend this to a 38 yro, female (me wink1.gif), exercise on average 3-4 times per week, eat 'well' (lots of veggies, oatmeal, green smoothies, brown rice), addicted to sugar (ice cream, dark choc), have had flare ups with emotional eating, and have around 35 lbs to loose.  Oh, and i had adrenal fatigue 2 yrs ago, I feel better/less tired all the time now but would describe myself as more tired than the average person.  

I'd love your in put.  And major congrats to those who've found a comfortable place with their bodies and food!!!!! You're an inspiration to me!

Thank you!

Cari

#142 of 142 Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Anyone actually done the whole system not just do the drops...from Nutri-DYN?

My chiropractor is recommending the system that includes 2 bottles of the hcg plus homeopathic, 1 bottle detox, 1 bottle thyroid, 1 canister dynamic fruits and greens (we use this already and love it!), 1 package ketone strips, diet guide and they are doing weekly testing at the chiropractor to check all levels.  And for the reset phase 1 bottle trim tex homeopathic, 1 bottle crave curb, 1 bottle humanofort 1 bottle omega (we already take these too!) 1 bottle multi caps (we take these as well). 

I'm just wondering with all the added nutrition and testing from my Chiro if this is a better/safer program than just buying the drops online and doing it yourself without the added supplements?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page