HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doesn't too much coffee clear homeopathic remedies out of your system?
#302 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTittlemouse View Post
I drank a lot of water when I got home, but I don't think this made up for the fact that I was dehydrated from work. AND I wonder if taking advantage of the all-you-can-drink-coffee is not going to serve me here. I should probably not be drinking MORE coffee than normal, and I should probably drink less than my usual 2-3 cups. I had 32 oz yesterday! I never do that. I used 2 tsp of raw whole milk. Can I put raw whole milk in my coffee?
So, there were some obvious learning opportunities!
Are you using homeopathic HCG? If so, you may want to cut out the coffee altogether. For some people it may antidote the HCG.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#303 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 PM

up .6 today

Still 15 lbs lost in 15 days...can't complain too much. Yesterday was weird...I was hungrier that usual and had a lot of cravings which I hadnt been

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#304 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 01:13 PM

I would aim for 2 liters of water. When I drink that much, I'm definitely feeling full and my losses were great!

I'm down another .6 lb. 163.8 today. I ate 3 chicken breasts for dinner last night too. LOL.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#305 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 06:55 PM

Yes, clovergirl, that might have been the case. I am not drinking it anymore. Does that mean that I get to load again. Just kidding....
#306 of 1918 Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTittlemouse View Post
Doesn't too much coffee clear homeopathic remedies out of your system?
my general answer is that if you are a regular coffee drinker not usually. However if you are someone that gets a buzz from said coffee, it's more likely. You can try cutting it out and see what happens if you like!
#307 of 1918 Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm down 3.2. I am going to have my cup of coffee, but not use it as an indulgence beyond that.
#308 of 1918 Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Loving hearing about all the losses, ladies.

I'm all set to start P3 tomorrow...went shopping yesterday.

I am so happy with my first phase 2 round but need a break now. So I'll use Sept to stabilize, then after we make a move in October I'll go back for another (hopefully) successful weight loss P2 round.

So excited to eat yummy, healthy fats again starting tomorrow.

Hoping for no 'steak days' but ready if need be.

Maryhippie.gif

#309 of 1918 Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM

Got my homeopathics today, and my moon! So I will be starting in at least 4 days, whenever my moon finishes. Would anyone be willing to post a typical day for them? How many drops? In water or under the tongue? Food examples? Did you exercise? Thanks!
#310 of 1918 Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM

I am SOOOO not an expert and I am only on day 4 of the very low calorie diet (VLCD). I have been taking 10 drops 3x per day under my tongue.
I have been going for walks, staying active, but not working out, because I haven't worked out in months and I don't want to mess anything up. I am REALLY looking forward to it though!

I am not a vegetarian, so I have been eating meat twice a day. I did buy a scale at Walmart for 20.00 and then bought several different meats and fish. I weighed out 100 gram portions and froze them.
There are many recipes online, last night I found a lot on SparkPeople. However, it seems like people go off protocol in many recipes, so be careful or modify them.
It has been pretty easy so far, last night I had a scrumptious piece of steak with swiss chard. The steak did fine in the pan after the chard was cooked, there was no need for oil to prevent sticking. I used garlic, fresh rosemary, acv and salt as a marinade. It was really good. But, I don't know if garlic is off protocol. I just looked and it is not on the list, so forget that!

I tried both the chicken salad and a modified chili recipe that are in the cookbook that is linked on page 2 (I think) of this thread and they are good.
I really love the simplicity of it. I love being able to see how HUGE my thoughts are in regards to eating food and then looking at them and saying, really? Is that really true? I also love challenging myself to drink more water, as it turns out I am a thirsty person. I have definitely been eating for thirst.
Some days I eat my fruit as a snack between meals and sometimes I don't.

I am definitely learning as I go!
#311 of 1918 Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 PM

my chocolate stevia came in the mail yesterday. I have been trying to think of what to use it in...I cant stand orange/chocolate combo so I wont use it in my orange julius that I love...I could use it with strawberries, but I am out right now. Then I remembered something I used to like...a version of egg cremes....basically seltzer, chocolate syrup, and cream. So I used sparkling water, chocolate stevia, and my T of milk Pretty good.

I was down .6 this morning so still loosing but missing those big losses lol. And while I am actually quiet happy with the meals I have been making (and I am actually pretty picky!) I cant wait to get to phase three. I am fantasizing about coconut flour lol

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#312 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Hello Ladies! I am so excited to find this thread!

I am on day 11 of HCG oral drops and I am need some serious support and help. I am down 13 pounds since I started but I am stuck. My husband is doing this with me and he loses everyday he has lost 17 total. But I on the other hand only lost the first few days. But I am really only down 5 pounds when I don't count my gorge days. My husband and I were on a low calorie liquid diet before we started this. In the manuscript Pounds and inches it tells you to not diet for one week before starting and to eat to capicity. So we did that and I gained 8 pounds that week! So to me I have only really lost around 5 pounds if I don't count that weight. Anyway I did great for the first few days and now since about day 6 I have not really done much since that day. I hear all of you say it came off so fast in the beggining. Well I feel like I am in the begginning and it is already hard. I did an apple day two days ago. Lost 3 pounds yesterday but then today I was up .6. I prepare all of our food and I should be losing if my husband is. I know he will lose more than me and all that because he is a man. But I can't figure out why I am so stalled. I should start my period in the next few days. I was diagnosed with low thyroid and high testosterone before starting this. I am not on thyroid yet because the manuscript says to not do hormone replacement. I was going to start my thyroid in phase 3. Any help out there??? I have not cheated. The closest thing I have done to cheating is I cooked lots of chicken breasts that were frozen and did not measure them and just judged by size if they were 3.5 ounces. I am back to measuring again. I just don't understand! Help me!

Tricia

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#313 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Are you on day 9 of the vlcd then? I would say 13 lbs is very good for that. Stalls and a bit of ups and downs are normal. I had a 5 day stall, did and apple day and lost almost three lbs. I beleive I went back up again the next day but have been loosing again since. I am definitely not an expert as I am only on vlcd 18 myself, but for me the journey has definitely been up and down fast and slow.

Maybe others could help if you posted a typical menu for a couple days?

#314 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM

I having been taking drops for 13 days. I thought I didn't count the days of gorge just vlcd? Yesterday I had the following.

chicken salad

3.5 chicken
1/2 apple
1/2 of lemon's juice
1 celery stalk
cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
salt and pepper
stevia
grissini breadstick
I had that for dinner two and then another small apple.
Water 48 oz of water

Monday: Apple day
No water

Sunday:
Herbal Tea in the morning with Stevia

3.5 chicken
1 med onion steamed
1 breadstick
1 apple

Water with 1/2 lemon's juice and Stevia

Dinner

3.5 Lean Steak
Onion grilled
breadstick
(Thinking two onions in a day is to much calories?)
Water with lemon and stevia
Late night snack: apple

Total water 72 oz.

I will log some more in the next few days. I am in love with the chicken salad so I will probably eat that more. I probably will drop the breadstick. I don't love it and could live without it.

Tricia

#315 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Well you take hcg the days you gorge so I thought you meant that was your total amount if days on drops, not the vlcd. Regardless, it's still averaging over a lb a day.

Hopefully someone who actually knows what they are talking about will respond soon lol

#316 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Hi, welcome! I am new to all of this too, but I have read on other forums repeatedly that you do count the loss that you gained on your loading days. Also, when all is said and done the daily loss averages out to .5 lbs/day. You are ahead of that right now.
It is normal to have ups and downs, and probably why Dr S. told people not to get overenthusiastic!
You had the unique situation of already being on a diet before loading which is why your gain during loading might seem high to you.
#317 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM

mommaof5, I agree that it sounds like your losses are within range. The average for women is between .5-1lb, but that is over the entire period of phase 2. I did phase 2 for 27 days and lost 20lbs. I did have some ups and downs and some stalls but in the end my loss wound up right in the middle of the average for women.
And yes, you do count what you gained while loading into your loss numbers. So in that case, you are a bit ahead of the game.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#318 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM

Ok need help with some things you have discussed but have not heard of?

What is ACV?

Why and how are you detoxing? I am using the sight DIYHCG and they don't cover any type of detox.

Thanks for your encouragement! I just have to be patient!

Tricia

#319 of 1918 Old 09-01-2010, 03:14 PM

apple cider vinegar
#320 of 1918 Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM

Lost a pound today! Hate to get to excited because I lose and then the next day I will be up a few points. This has been an emotional roller coaster. This thread is a life saver to give me perspective. What do you tell people about what you are doing. I am reserved to share with others. It is not popular here in my area yet.

#321 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 AM

you are doing great, and everything people have posted here is correct. It's an average of .5 per day for women ON hcg. You DO count the loading days on which you are taking hcg, but you don't count the final two days of the VLCD off hcg.

Plus, please please please remember that the manuscript is called pounds AND inches. You don't just lose weight, you lose actual inches. Often when you are not seeing numbers on the scale move, they'll move if you are tracking with a measuring tape.

Not only that but never compare yourself to a guy. They average 1 pound per day, the metabolism is very different from women.

Keep up the good work, folks!
#322 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 09:43 AM

There are HCG forums that are really active, you google HCG forum. I had a HUGE loss yesterday and today was a pretty big gain, but it made things even out and I actually feel better about it.
I need to buy a new scale, I am having issues with mine and after the past 24 hours I am no longer able to put up with its quirks. I knew this day would come eventually!

I haven't measured and I haven't taken pictures!!! Hopefully today.

I am loving the simplicity of my meals. I poach just about everything along with a veggie, it is so easy. Yesterday was "sweet and sour day" I added lemon juice, acv, a little stevia, and some spices to my poaching and it is really yummy.
#323 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 AM

you can see how this can be adapted to be an extremely spiritual experience, yes?
#324 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM

I'm subbing here, planning to start in the next week or so along with my best friend and DH.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#325 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM

You are so lucky to have a friend to do this with!
#326 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 02:51 PM

I completed my two load days. It was harder then i expected. The hcg made me feel naseous and not hungry at all. I had to force myself to eat and i felt yucky eating so much fat. I had a slight headache the second day but it went away. I didn't gain any weight on the load days. Then my first day on the VLCD was ok. It was a bit difficult for me. I did feel hungry and trying to figure out how to cook some things were puzzling. What does everyone use to cook veggies with. Is water and steaming or grilling the best? We can't use any form of oil right? So no Spray on stuff? I used the apples for breakfast and mid afternoon lunch. I have to do alot of running around, getting kids to/from school, activites and i'm in school full time so the lack of focus is a bit hard. I drank around 4 litres of water. This morning i was a bit weak and shaky. After the hcg kicked in i was better and then i had an apple. Heading towards lunch so hopefully that will help. I lost three lbs so far. Any ideas with the veggies and cooking? Thanks!
#327 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 04:49 PM

I just use water! hth
#328 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM

veggies...I steam or grill usually...or do a salad.

I have been doing a LOT of curry...so i will add spinach (or if going off protocol a bit, some people are ok with broccoli) while I cook the meat. I also love two of the chicken salads from the hcg gourmet cookbook...both have apples and celery...one is curry as well. Or, I also really like grilled onions with meat or doing the meat fajita or taco style and using lettuce as the wraps.

20lbs down so far....on VLCD 20.

I thought I was up a pound this morning....I woke up a bit earlier than usual and weighed then...was thinking of doing an apple day. Then, about an hour later I hopped back on...was down 2.2 from the morning weight and 1.6 from yesterday!

#329 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Thanks, i'm not so great at seasoning things. Without using coconut oil to fry things i feel lost. Almost done with day 2. It was easier today but i do feel spacey. Less hungry. Hopefully weight loss check in the morning is a good one! I'm only looking to lose 15-20 at the most. Hopefully it will happen quick enough and then i can do some stabilization of my weight.
#330 of 1918 Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Oops - added myself to the list and then forgot to check back!

I'm on day 18 and have lost 18 pounds. My goal is 40 in 40 so I'm really happy. I would be further ahead but I sabotaged myself last weekend and it took 5 days to get back under that point. Learned my lesson on that!

Anyone else amazed at the energy? I'm in the 'too fat to exercise' mindset because, seriously, moving that much weight is hard. I have been going crazy for the exercise though! Today, I walked 22,000 steps!! I'm really happy that I'm feeling so great. The SparkPeople forums seem to be anti-exercise, or rather, new exercise, so maybe it's just me but I get antsy without the work outs.

Anyhow, hello again and welcome to the newbies on the diet

WOHM to DS11 and DD9, both T1Ds

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page