HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1918 Old 09-14-2010, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i made a huge pot of cabbage soup and i love making crepes flled with berries and cottage cheese
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#362 of 1918 Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Flank steak cut into strips sauteed in water and heavy amounts of chile powder, cumin, salt and fresh cilantro. In other words my own version of carne asada. I eat it wrapped up in lettuce. Turkey slices with nutrional yeast and spinach rolled up in one. An easy go to for me. Turkey chile~ground turkey with tomato sauce is hearty and filling. Meatballs~ground turkey with melba toast and seasonings on top of lettuce is great and filling also.
#363 of 1918 Old 09-15-2010, 12:01 AM

I am on VLC day two and was down one pound from the morning I started the gorge. So far so good. Yesterday was kinda rough and so was this morning. Doing okay now, though. I'm doing the injections and I was very surprised how easy it is.

I'm worried about temptation this weekend when I'm home alone with the kids. I'm trying tobe very strict on protocol, so no turkey here. I made sauted spinach and meatballs for my dinner. Yum!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#364 of 1918 Old 09-15-2010, 12:41 AM

Today was my first day of phase 3. I stopped at day 28 as my body was just done...I couldnt stand the idea of eating something else on protocol and was forcing myself to get to the 500cals. To me, that signaled time to end. Almost 25 lbs down....so not bad at all. I will do another round after the holidays.

Nothing I ate on phase 2 sounds good to me right now lol, but at the time, I really loved the cold curry chicken salad for lunch on the go. Beef or chicken curry was good, so was the mongolian beef. Towards the end I really liked some chicken and tomato sauce with basil.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#365 of 1918 Old 09-15-2010, 01:50 AM

Thoughts? My parents are having a housewarming party and it'll be the day after my last shot (doing the 23 day protocol), so it'll still be during what should be my VLCD. The party is close close friends and family, so they are going to get pizza, lots of snacks and there will be tons of alcohol. I'm already fretting about what to do. I want to drink a little and have a piece or two of pizza, but I also don't want to wake up the next day and have gained 5 lbs or something. ACK. Such bad timing. Wonder if my mom would postpone the party for me? LOL JK.

Anyway, VLCD 4 today - I've lost 8 lbs, 4 of which I woke up and found gone yesterday. Sure enough, I woke this morning and I was still at 190.5. I am not worried, being I lost FOUR lbs yesterday. I am just terrified I'm going to wake tomorrow morning and be stalled or have gained. We'll see. I am following the diet quite well, really upped the water and green tea today even and I did an Epsom bath this evening.

It's strange because VLCD 2 I was starving. I also had some mean cravings for sweets. I was nearly in tears because I couldn't have them. Yeah, my cravings are serious for me. :/ Then yesterday I felt hungry but fulfilled after the two meals. Today? Could barely force myself to eat. I don't get it? I knew I had to eat, but food just sounded so disgusting. Very strange!

Are we allowed to talk about where we get our hCG from? I'm not sure? I'm doing the injections. I got mine for $50, but I've read that there are places that offer them cheaper (just unsure of the quality?).
#366 of 1918 Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 PM

I just wanted to say that i cheated the other day but drank loads of water and woke up with a 1 lb gain. The next day i did an apple day and woke up to a 1.8lb loss. So i didn't have a huge gain and i'm totally back on track. When i cheated i paid close attention to how i felt while eating the forbidden food. It wasn't as satisfying as i expected and i realized it was merely a craving and i don't need it again.
#367 of 1918 Old 09-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Avani, it's good that you recognized that the cheat wasn't worth it. That's what I keep in mind - yes, it'll taste good, but once it's gone, it'll feel BAD (both in my stomach and mentally).

Welp, I didn't stall again as I feared I would. 188.5 this morning (-2 lbs from yesterday).
#368 of 1918 Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 AM

Hi I think I checked in on the other thread. I haven't stopped in for awhile.

This is day 2 VLC of my 3rd round.

I've lost 60 lbs on HCG since May--I lost 20 lbs on WW from Jan-May so -80 lbs for me this year.

I seriously walked through the house today thanking God that I found this diet. I've done EVERYTHING and nothing was working.

My first round the loading days were emotionally difficult. I was worried that I was going to undo everything it took me to lose the 20 lbs in 4 months.

The 1st several days were HARD! After that everything kicked in and I saw I was losing so it got much better.

I did RX drops sub lingual the 1st time and lost 30 lbs in 30 days.

I did a full PH 3 and a full PH 4--except 1 week into PH 4 I stopped weighing everyday and writing everything down that I ate.
Big lesson learned there! I gained 12 lbs. I do NOT blame that on the diet--that was 100% my own fault.

Round 2 I did homeopathic drops and lost 39 lbs in 29 days. I think some of that was that 12 lbs I gained in July--I don't think it was attached too firmly yet so it came off quick.

I did PH 3 for just over 2 weeks.

Round 2 was a dream for me. I was in a groove and the weight just fell off. Ph 3 was so easy. I didn't have to have one steak day.

I'm hoping Round 3 will be the same but you never know.

I'm mostly hoping for a 20 lb loss so I can say I've lost 100 lbs. I still have a lot of weight to lose but for the 1st time in years I feel like I finally have the tools to do this.

Here are some things that keep me on plan.
1. It really works if you follow it.
2. I've tried so hard in the past to lose weight and still struggled. This works and I don't want to mess it up!
3. Putting on my clothes and having them be way too big is a really awesome motivation.
4. I really like having 2 boobs now as opposed to 1

Last week, my husband and I went out to eat. I squeezed into a booth and realized I didn't need to squeeze. I almost cried in my salad!

Some things I do on PH 2

1. Drink ACV--about 1 Tb in 1/4-1/2 glass of water. 1 pk stevia and a big shake of cinnamon--much easier to drink.
2. Drink a cup of tea each day--1 dandelion root tea bag, 1 green tea, 1 mate.
3. Lots of water
4. Cut my food in super tiny bites and put it on a smaller plate. It looks like tons of food!

Ph 3 take digestive enzymes. I didn't do that the 1st time and had to do a steak day. I did it this time and stabilized under my LIW and stayed there almost the whole time.

I've lost 3.6 lbs so far in my 2 days of Round 3 PH 2--mostly what I put on in the load days. Looking forward to a good round.

I "think" this time I'll try 2 weeks on and 1 week off. However, if I'm getting close to the 100 lbs I'm staying on Ph 2
#369 of 1918 Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 PM

"Ph 3 take digestive enzymes. I didn't do that the 1st time and had to do a steak day. I did it this time and stabilized under my LIW and stayed there almost the whole time."

So are digestive enzymes created equal, are some better than others? Can I just go to the health food store and just pick one up?

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#370 of 1918 Old 09-16-2010, 04:51 PM

UberMama...I think you just go to the party and just tell yourself that you are not going to eat or drink anything. It won't feel any different than every other day that is full of temptation. I have temptation every time I feed my kids or leave my house. You just get better at it not bothering you. Maybe take some lemon, water, stevia mixture pour it into a cup that everyone is using and then you will at least have something to hold during the party.

#371 of 1918 Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof5 View Post
"Ph 3 take digestive enzymes. I didn't do that the 1st time and had to do a steak day. I did it this time and stabilized under my LIW and stayed there almost the whole time."

So are digestive enzymes created equal, are some better than others? Can I just go to the health food store and just pick one up?

I think you can just go in and tell them what you want. I just grabbed some at the grocery store;0!
#372 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 10:52 AM

PJsmomma--congratulations on your amazing year so far! After reading up on this for several weeks I am getting ready to take the plunge myself. It is such a complex plan that I keep getting confused about details though, and I am worried I will mess something up! Can you answer a few questions?

1) First, you wrote that you did both sublingual and then homeopathic. Which do you recommend? I would love to do homeopathic but have read on several other sites that they really don't work. But that certainly doesn't seem to reflect your experience. Can you describe the difference and tell me which you'd recommend (and which brand you use??) Thank you!

2) Although this seems like a dream come true right now, my goal would be to lose about 40-45 pounds or so. How many days of Hcg would I need then? It seems there is something like a 23 day plan or a 40 day plan? Does that mean I would do phase 2 for 40 days if I have that much to lose?

3) Before the 2 day loading is there anything else I have to do (like 'cleansing')?

4) For the last 20 years of my life I have been a semi-vegetarian; I eat fish and shellfish but not other kinds of meat. Is it possible to follow this protocol without doing steak/chicken/etc.? Is is possible, for example to use soy crumbles in place of ground beef or would that mess it up?

Thanks so much for your help!
#373 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM

I was down 1.8 today! Feels so great because I have been losing at a snails pace this week. I drank the AVC yesterday pretty strong but the stevia and cinnomon really helped. Does the AVC work for digestion enzymes while on protocol? Made the Kale chips today, I must of done something wrong it was not good.

I am on the homeopathic drops and I have lost 24 pounds in 26 days. My husband has lost 31 pounds in 26 days. My sister in law lost 30 pounds in 30 days. I think the drops work just fine.

#374 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof5 View Post
UberMama...I think you just go to the party and just tell yourself that you are not going to eat or drink anything. It won't feel any different than every other day that is full of temptation. I have temptation every time I feed my kids or leave my house. You just get better at it not bothering you. Maybe take some lemon, water, stevia mixture pour it into a cup that everyone is using and then you will at least have something to hold during the party.
I'm still debating on what to do. I already want pizza so badly, lol. I am not tempted through out the day, don't want what I make the kids for dinner, etc. though. Weird.

kerpav, some sources recommend cleansing, some recommend loading for a WEEK and not just two days.. up to you, obviously. I didn't do any cleansing, just did the loading for two days (SO HARD!) and went from there.

Some vegetarians do this diet. You just have to modify it, of course. See this: http://www.myhcgplus.com/P&I.pdf and scroll down to page 35.

For how much you want to lose, you'd most likely have to do this twice. I haven't looked into how to go about doing this again. Some do it 40 days, some do it 23 and skip 3 weeks and start again. You want to avoid becoming immune to the hCG.

As for me - I'm down another pound today. So 11 lbs in 7 days.
#375 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 PM

Hi y'all!
I just got through the whole 19 pages, though it took me several days

I'm going to be starting this protocol for the first time, next week. I think I am going to do loading days on Thursday and Friday, and start the VLCD on Saturday. Thank you M3M for pointing me this-a-way!

I got my homeopathic remedies in the mail today, and they are patiently waiting for me to start them next week.

I'm glad to be joining you ladies!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#376 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 PM

I blew it. Well, kind of. I did P2 without cheating, 3 weeks of P3 without cheating and I stabilized perfectly. After a few days of P4, while stabilizing wonderfully, I had a binge weekend (birthday party celebrated over the course of 2 days) and gained a TON of weight back. Whoops! I decided to opt back into P2 again early. I could have just done a steak day and then stuck out P4. I know I probably should have, but I couldn't fit into my pants again and was NOT going to move back up a size! No way!

So I'm back! R2P2VLCD3. Give me 100 grams of grilled chicken, or give me death!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#377 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM

UberMama--thank you and congratulations! 11 lbs in 7 days! Wow.

I just took the plunge and ordered the homeopathic drops, along with some supplements. I am so excited and nervous! I think I will try to do it with mainly sticking to fish rather than substituting with dairy because I figure I should get the most weight loss out of this that I can! It certainly will be a dramatic change.

Maiasaura, I did the same thing as you and read through this whole thread before jumping on the bandwagon. How much do you want to lose? I ordered the Evoke drops--couldn't decide which brand to get but saw that highly recommended here. I will probably be starting right about the same time as you.

So glad to be here!
#378 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 PM

SuburbanHippie--How much of what you lost did you gain back during the weekend? I thought on P4 you could add sugars, carbs, etc back in one by one? Well, I admire your determination! And what exactly happens on a 'steak day'? I think I read over this before but can't remember!
#379 of 1918 Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 PM

kerpav, I am lacto-ovo vegetarian and did the diet with homeopathic hcg. For my protein I ate lowfat cottage cheese and eggs (1 whole to 2-3 whites, depending on size). I lost just about 20lbs in a little less then 4 weeks. I would recommend doing the cottage cheese or eggs over the fake soy or wheat based meats; you are eating so little food that it really should be as pure and nutrient rich as possible. If it was me, I would do one meal of fish/seafood (just make sure what you are choosing is on protocol) and then the other either cottage cheese or eggs.
Good luck!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#380 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerpav View Post
PJsmomma--congratulations on your amazing year so far! After reading up on this for several weeks I am getting ready to take the plunge myself. It is such a complex plan that I keep getting confused about details though, and I am worried I will mess something up! Can you answer a few questions?

I will try I'm not the expert yet

1) First, you wrote that you did both sublingual and then homeopathic. Which do you recommend? I would love to do homeopathic but have read on several other sites that they really don't work. But that certainly doesn't seem to reflect your experience. Can you describe the difference and tell me which you'd recommend (and which brand you use??) Thank you!

I really feel very comfortable with the homeopathic drops. I don't know if I can say what I use on here? Send me a pm and I can send you the link.
I didn't feel so comfortable with the RX, but it worked. As long as the homeopathic works for me I'm sticking with that though.

2) Although this seems like a dream come true right now, my goal would be to lose about 40-45 pounds or so. How many days of Hcg would I need then? It seems there is something like a 23 day plan or a 40 day plan? Does that mean I would do phase 2 for 40 days if I have that much to lose?

It's hard to say. Everyone's body responds differently. You may have to do 2 rounds. I have a LOT to lose (not as much as before!) and so it's a lot of abnormal fat that is coming off. You may take a little longer because you don't have as much fat to release as I do.

I did a 30 day plan then a 29 or 28. I have to be honest that I really need a break right about then.

3) Before the 2 day loading is there anything else I have to do (like 'cleansing')?

I did a system cleanse between my 1st and 2nd round and a liver cleanse between my 2nd and 3rd. I was giving up so many bad foods and nutra sweet so I felt a cleanse would be beneficial for me.

4) For the last 20 years of my life I have been a semi-vegetarian; I eat fish and shellfish but not other kinds of meat. Is it possible to follow this protocol without doing steak/chicken/etc.? Is is possible, for example to use soy crumbles in place of ground beef or would that mess it up?

I don't think you should use soy crumbles--soy is beans=starch.
I think some vegetarians do this. Did the link posted help?

Thanks so much for your help!

You're welcome thanks for your kind words. I'm just so thankful I've found something that is finally working!
Good luck!
#381 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
SuburbanHippie--How much of what you lost did you gain back during the weekend? I thought on P4 you could add sugars, carbs, etc back in one by one? Well, I admire your determination! And what exactly happens on a 'steak day'? I think I read over this before but can't remember!
You have it right. In P4, you add back in sugars/starches in slowly to see what your body can tolerate. I did fine for the first 5 days and could tolerate rice fine. I didn't want to eat bread and was scared to eat potatoes still. lol. Then came birthday weekend extravaganza which consisted of white flour with breakfast (biscuits & gravy), popcorn at the movie, and a TALL Long Island ice tea with chicken tenders & cheese fries after the movie. I blew up! I gained back over 5 lbs from those things over the course of 2 days. I still then did 2 days of loading with drops. And topped off at about 6 lbs over LDW. Granted, I did lose 5.8 lbs after my first VLCD day. So it basically erased it, but I still felt terrible for just letting myself get out of control.

As far as steak days go, you're supposed to do a "steak day" in P3 or P4 anytime you go 2 lbs over LDW in one day. Most people don't eat all day and then have the biggest steak they can find for dinner (salt & pepper only to taste). Some people also add an apple in with their steak dinner. I felt so defeated (by myself) that I couldn't muster up a steak day. I just went right back into P2. I'm down 2.3 lbs from LDW now and am back on track!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#382 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 09:12 AM

I am on VLCD6 and am down 5.8 lbs. Had a couple of hard days hunger and headache wise, but yesterday was good. I recognize that I am detoxing from cutting out sugar and most caffiene. Didn't sleep much last night and only had 0.2lb drop this morning.

I'm only about 8 lbs from my goal!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#383 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Maiasaura, I did the same thing as you and read through this whole thread before jumping on the bandwagon. How much do you want to lose? I ordered the Evoke drops--couldn't decide which brand to get but saw that highly recommended here. I will probably be starting right about the same time as you.
I would like to lose about 50lb altogether, but on this first round I'd be honestly happy with 15. I haven't been able to get below 180 yet! I got down to 179.6 last week but it was a fluke, I think
I got Evoke drops, too. So how much do you want to lose?
So start your loading on Thursday and let's be hcg buddies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
And topped off at about 6 lbs over LDW.
I'm down 2.3 lbs from LDW now and am back on track!
What is LDW?

I'm sorry you had this experience. But I have to say it's a learning experience for all of us!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#384 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 11:52 AM

This week wasn't so great for me. I was ovulating which is my toughest craving time. I cheated one day and gained a lb and then did an apple day and lost 2 lbs. Then i held steady at the same weight for three days without any cheating. Then i cheated again and gained a lb and now i am back on track but have been at the same weight for two days. I know that probably sounds confusing. When i ovulate i am in severe pain for at least 3-4 days. My lower back feels like it is breaking in two and my right side hurts. I get really bloated and have strong cravings. So all week basically i was hurting and then i cheated and felt worse but now ovulation is wearing down and i feel much better. I have 9 lbs total to lose at this point and i am on day VLCD17.

I'm down a total of 14 lbs right now and was three pounds lighter at the beginning of the week. Hopefully i can stop dropping again because i am fully commited to no more cheat days! I did meet my goal of getting in the 130's so i have strong incentive to keep going.
#385 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 05:09 PM

Joanna, that's great. Congrats.

Maiasaura, LDW is last dosage weight and LIW is last injection weight. See this.

Avani, I hear you. Cravings are soooo bad for me as well. It sounds like you had a pretty good week even with a minor cheat thrown in. Congrats on getting into the 130's!

As for me.. down another 2 this today. That's 13 lbs (VLCD 8 today) so far. I'm 185 today, and itching to get into the 170's. I'm 5'8", so I don't want to lose that much more, as I begin looking frail below 160. I'm still unsure if I'll just do this one round and call it good or do another injection round.
#386 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 05:17 PM

I was up .4 today. No surprise, anytime I have a big drop I go up a little the next day. My husband stopped taking dropps today and will enter phase 3 on Tuesday. I have to say phase 3 is way more scary than phase 2. There is compfort in phase 2, I feel like phase 3 is uncharted scary waters. I guess the key is weighing everyday and doing steak days when necessary. I am also scared to be doing phase 2 alone. So glad for this forum it will help me not feel so alone!

#387 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 07:55 PM

OK so I think I get it. I have lots of time to figure it out, though!

I am going to load, I think, on Thursday and Friday. Then start VLCD on Saturday. I've done a bunch of shopping already, and portioned out a bunch of meat and chicken and fish and put them all in the deep freezer. I have a feeling though, that with ds and me, that's not going to last all that long.

I think I'm going to let him have ramen and pizza and stuff, sometimes, while I do this

I am toying with the idea of those flavored stevias. Did someone say you can have selzer on this diet? They have flavored stevia on sale this month at the HF store. Chocolate raspberry
I do NOT know how I'm going to give up coffee for three weeks. But I have to. I simply cannot have coffee without half and half, or just one Tb of milk but tea, I can drink that w/o lightener, so I guess...sigh...tea it is.

I'm going to detox hard, off of sugar, though, I think

#388 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Not sure about seltzer. A good resource (if the answer can't be found here) is MyHCGPlus on Facebook. "Like" their page, ask a question and they are some of the most helpful people. I know water, tea, coffee, broth.. is okay.

I'm only 8 days into VLCD but I was anxious to compare my stomach to the before pics that I took. So, this is only 13 lbs difference (I think I've lost a LOT from my bottom, so I didn't think there was much if any loss in my stomach area). I can see a small difference around my navel. I think maybe my lovely skin pouch isn't hanging as low now either? Maybe I'm just wishing that though! Haha.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...1810198185.jpg
#389 of 1918 Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 PM

OMG, UberMama, YES there is a huge difference!!! You can really tell. That's only 8 days in?? I'm so there. I can't wait. I should take side photos, too. That didn't even occur to me. Great idea, and fabulous loss there, lady!

So...broth? What kind, how is it made? Because I have beef base and chicken and vegetable bases, and they all have starch and stuff in them, and sugar. I would LOVE to have broth on this diet.
How does one get broth w/o all the additives?

#390 of 1918 Old 09-19-2010, 12:33 AM

Maiasaura ~ I am honestly not sure. I so far haven't looked into the broth, as I don't have much interest in it. I only drink it straight when I am sick usually and can't handle textured food well. I'd say try that MyHCGPlus page on FB, I am sure they'd know. I've asked a number of questions myself over there. :P

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page