HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1918 Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Yeah but...I eat that stuff, normally. Not all the time, but I do use oil or spray oil when cooking.
The point is, to eat a LOT. LOL. Some sources I've read recommend upwards of 4,000 calories a day when loading.
#422 of 1918 Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
The point is, to eat a LOT. LOL. Some sources I've read recommend upwards of 4,000 calories a day when loading.

OMG! I don't know if I'll be able to shovel that much in. Seems so...wrong!

Maiasaura--I am just as unplanned as you are in terms of what to eat when loading. Some things I may do are to cook lots of pasta, have an avocado salad, make brownies with walnuts with the kids, maybe even a la mode! Yum. Sounds good right about now but I may feel like crap after eating all that.

Well, I got my homeopathic drops in the mail and AF arrived yesterday. I think I read somewhere it is okay to load at the tail end of AF? So if that's the case I can start my loading days Thursday, too.

This thread is a great source of information and support. I am excited to begin this program amongst you all.
#423 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM

kerpav, I know, it sounds utterly insane and so counterintuitive. But we shall see.

Here's my list of possibles for loading:

Fresh bread (I have some left from when I made a loaf the other day)
Pizza
Nachos
Breyer's Raspberry Chocolate ice cream (I have 1-1/2pts of B&J's, cookies&cream and cookie dough-- might just have those, or might search out the Breyer's)
shortbread cookies
Brie
Blue cheese (I have crumbles, might put on salad, or eat with wings)
donuts
CAKE! and icing (have homemade icing in the freezer, bought 1pc of cheesecake, might get a slice of chocolate cake)
Pasta with alfredo sauce (got some at Olive Garden the other day, had upset stomach, it's in the fridge now)
butter
olives (maybe)
mozzarella (have fresh, in oil, in fridge)
plum pudding and hard sauce
deviled eggs (made 16 halves today)
ice cream
Peanut butter/almond butter
coconut shreds
Artichoke with butter
Heavy cream in my coffee
Cream cheese with bagel (bought bagel at Bruegger's today!)
chicken wings
avocado
pork BBQ (maybe)

My stomach is still kind of not cooperating. I've been eating badly anyway, and have put on like 3lbs. I had to live on Pepto the other day. Yesterday was fine. Today looks to be shaping up with more Pepto. Ugh.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#424 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Loading for me was really hard. The HCG made me feel nauseous and i just wasn't hungry. Forcing myself to eat foods out of my normal also were hard. I felt really gross. But i lost a lot of weight my first week. Good luck!
#425 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Ok I need help from seasoned hcg dieters. My husband started eating phase 3 yesterday. He was up 2 pounds today, he freaked out! He did have almonds, low carb shake, and low carb bar. We took those out today after reading not to eat anything processed. I am worried he will gain everyday. He did eat bacon but I thought that was fine too. Help? Tell me what your weight did while on phase 3?

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#426 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM

Oh, Maiasaura, my mouth is watering. I don't even care for nachos but seeing the word made me crave them, haha.

I'm down another 2 today. I'm SO close to the 170's, I can taste it. LOL.
#427 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 PM

I don't normally care about nachos one way or the other either, but when I started that list, I was craving them. I may not end up having them at all.

Wish me luck tomorrow, mamas

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#428 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 PM

Good Luck!!! I am going to have to put off starting till Friday. Got some shopping to do!
#429 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof5 View Post
Ok I need help from seasoned hcg dieters. My husband starting eating phase 3 yesterday. He was up 2 pounds today, he freaked out! He did have almonds, low carb shake, and low carb bar. We took those out today after reading not to eat anything processed. I am worried he will gain everyday. He did eat bacon but I thought that was fine too. Help? Tell me what your weight did while on phase 3?
He should do a steak day today. Anytime you go up 2+ lbs in one day = steak day. Also, he added in way too much stuff on the first day. The first day should be like P2 with larger quantities (IMO). Then the next day add in one new thing. If there is no reaction, then add an additional thing the next day etc.

If the almonds have salt on them, that could be part of the gain. A LOT of people have a hard time with almonds. They cause many people to gain. The low-carb prepackaged food is a no-no in P3. They claim they're healthy, but we know how that goes. I can bet the bar probably has some sort of starch in it (the shake may too). The bacon was probably okay, assuming that it was sugar free.

Just remember P3 means no sugar & no starches.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#430 of 1918 Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks Suburbanhippie, that helps. Yes he had salted Almonds and I wanted him to do a steak day but when he weighed an hour later he was only up 1.2 so I hope that him eating today will be ok. I like the idea of eating what is on protocol and just adding one thing at a time. I have not read that anywhere but it feels less scary. From what I have read I was concerned about him not eating enough calories. And the protocol says anything you wish except sugar and starches. They didn't have the chemical problem we do back when the protocol was written that makes things different now. Phase 3 is scary...I hope my husbands weight does better tomorrow.

#431 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 10:22 AM

182.4lbs this morning.
Loading Day 1, 1st day homeopathic drops.

Why haven't I had heavy cream in my coffee before? It's NOMMY

So the BEST ice cream shop in the world-- they make their ice cream right on the premises-- re-introduces their "fall collection" today: molasses gingerbread, and pumpkin
I am so going there and getting a cone!

I have already had two chicken wings and half a Bruegger's bagel with full-fat cream cheese. I have a pound of bacon on the stove. I'm having fun at the moment, but I think I'll be wobbling sick by nightfall
I should do all the "fun foods" now, while it's fun. Except I don't like overly-sweet sweets for breakfast

How's everybody?

#432 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Down 1.6 today! AF also finally arrived, I was seriously thinking about doing another pregnancy test. My total today is 27 pounds in 33 days. I have one week left on VLCD and then I am on to phase 3 which after watching my husband totally scares me! He was up again today so he is doing a steak day.

Does anyone know if he should do ACV on a Steak day or leave it out?

#433 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM

Mommaof5--congratulations!! That is wonderful.

Well, I decided last night to just begin with Phase 1 today. I've had a bit of anxiety about it (probably that's pretty normal) and I don't want to put it off any longer, so here I am! Maiasaura, I am right here with you

However, I realize now that I have some very basic questions!

A) What dosage should I take for the homeopathic drops? I took 10 drops this morning, just what was recommended on the bottle. Should I do that, or more?

B) I put the drops under my tongue...is this the right way to take them??

For loading I have started with 2 full fat yogurts with walnuts mixed in for breakfast, and coffee with half and half. After the 2nd yogurt I felt kinda queasy! Now I have to figure out lunch, snacks, dinner.

My weight this morning: 171.6. Ugh. I can't wait to begin seeing some results from this, I am so sick of carrying around this extra weight (I'm 5'2").
#434 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Loading for me was really hard. The HCG made me feel nauseous and i just wasn't hungry. Forcing myself to eat foods out of my normal also were hard. I felt really gross. But i lost a lot of weight my first week. Good luck!
That's what I feel like, too. Thanks, on the luck; I need it! I posted on my other board that it feels so counter-intuitive to be eating like this. I hope I see big losses, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerpav View Post
Maiasaura, I am right here with you
YAY!

Quote:
A) What dosage should I take for the homeopathic drops? I took 10 drops this morning, just what was recommended on the bottle. Should I do that, or more?
That's what I'm doing. 3x per day. Nothing by mouth 30m before or after dosing.
I made the mistake of brushing my teeth 1st thing this morning, and realized I had to wait an hour for coffee

Quote:
B) I put the drops under my tongue...is this the right way to take them??
Yep. Hold them under there as long as you can. For me, that's not very long, but I tried. I put the drops in a spoon, first, so I can see what I'm doing as I pour them, and so I can take them all at once.
I am carrying the spoon and bottle of drops around with me in a baggie, if I have to go out.
Thankfully, though, my ds is out of town and I don't have to go anywhere, till 3pm tomorrow.

Quote:
For loading I have started with 2 full fat yogurts with walnuts mixed in for breakfast, and coffee with half and half. After the 2nd yogurt I felt kinda queasy! Now I have to figure out lunch, snacks, dinner.
I didn't really "figure out" anything...except what to have on hand. I'm not doing meals. I just put stuff out on the counter and I'm noshing on it throughout the day. I have deviled eggs, chicken wings (which I'm way over already), and bacon.

I have already eaten so dang much today, I'm queasy, ugh, but it's 2pm and I have a long way to go till bedtime. Lots more food I can cram in, I'm sure.

Quote:
My weight this morning: 171.6. Ugh. I can't wait to begin seeing some results from this, I am so sick of carrying around this extra weight (I'm 5'2").
I was at 182.4 this morning. I'm only 5'1". I can't wait, too

Today so far:
something like 8 chicken wings
half a big bagel with full fat cream cheese
a bunch of bacon (1/2lb?)
couple of deviled egg halves
donut with custard filling
a creme horn (ew, but the filling was good)
slice of cheesecake
2 large cups of coffee with heavy cream
2 pc Hershey's chocolate (2 squares from one of those giant bars)
about a dozen almonds
1 Andes chocolate
about 6 chocolate covered espresso beans
2 shortbread cookies

Ugh, I'm so...full. I can't believe how much I can stuff into myself :Puke

#435 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Y'all seasoned ones:

Can I wait awhile for more food, or do I have to keep cramming it in all day?

#436 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 PM

Cram honey, cram.

Whoever said they are putting your dose on a spoon, please don't. directly in the mouth.

I'm 5ft5 and down to 135. Is that a good stop weight? How do I know? In all honestly I've never weighed this little except for maybe 8th grade. I've had many kids and my body is pretty wrecked from 13 years of straight breastfeeding so i'm not fully sure of what a good healthy stop weight is. Does that sound weird? I fit comfortably into a size 4. I want a healthy weight that i can easily maintain and not end up like my mom she is 5 ft 2 and at least 200lbs. So unhealthy.
#437 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Whoever said they are putting your dose on a spoon, please don't. directly in the mouth.
That's actually recommended by the manufacturer of this homeopathic hcg. It's a way to make sure you are getting the right dosage. Frequently, from what I've read, people can't really see/tell how many drops they are getting and usually end up taking too many drops.

I tend to look in the mirror when I dose, so I can both feel and see the drops going in.

Maryhippie.gif

#438 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 05:05 PM

That is very interesting. My understanding of homeopathics is that you don't want any contamination it can interfere with the homeopathic. I would think a spoon could fully do that.
#439 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 06:23 PM

FWIW I have all my folks put the remedy into a glass of water. No one takes it directly in the mouth unless there's an emergency. HCG is not really any different. It will still work as long as you're not putting it in your coffee.
#440 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
It will still work as long as you're not putting it in your coffee.

That was a good one

Hmm. Well, I'm not sure I'd be able to dose myself correctly if I just tried to put it under my tongue, mirror or not. But maybe I'll try it tomorrow morning. I just read this after taking my last dose of the day, on a spoon.

By "dosing correctly", I meant the procedure. Not sure if I'd be able to see the drop coming out, or feel it, or count correctly. Which is why the spoon. But maybe I'll try it the direct way, in the morning.

I did manage to poo a couple of times, so I know that, so far, all this fat isn't stopping me up, thank the gods. I doubt I'll be able to eat much more today, though. I'll try.

After I posted last, I think I had...hmm, more wings, a couple more deviled eggs, about 1/3 pint of B&J's full fat ice cream (14g per serving!) with Hershey's syrup, and more coffee with heavy cream.

I'm so....heavy. I feel so heavy. Blech.

#441 of 1918 Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM

So I don't have to put it under my tongue then??

Ugh! I have so far eaten today:
2 full fat yogurts with handfuls of walnuts
a brownie with walnuts
a chocolate chip cookie
2 cheese quesadillas with avocado
noodles with veggies and peanut sauce

Can I stop here for the day?? I have no idea how many calories this adds up to. Feeling really bloated though. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Avani--I think it sounds like you have gotten down to a very comfortable weight! I totally hear you about your body feeling wrecked from years of bf & motherhood. Congratulations on your weight loss; I bet you feel great.
#442 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Yes, under the tongue.

I discovered that I am not a klutz when trying to dose directly under the tongue, in the mirror. So I will do that when I am home, and use the spoon if I have to dose when I'm out somewhere.

Had an upset stomach most of the last half of the night. I had to sleep semi-upright because of reflux (which I never have, so attributed it to the hugely full-of-fat stomach), then woke up to a raging poo-fest this morning Sorry if TMI, I know it's gross, but as moms, we all know that poo is an indicator of what's going on internally, not just when we're babies!

So after an hour or so, this morning, I was able to eat. Here was breakfast:

2 deviled egg halves
3/4 of an avocado
Half a pkg of bacon (forgot if the original pkg was 12 or 16oz)
Half a Bruegger's Everything bagel with a ton of cream cheese
A 3oz dessert thingy called Toasted Almond. Sort of like a puddingy cheesecake. 290cals, 15g fat. YUMMY
2 large cups of coffee with heavy cream

I am STUFFED already, again :Puke Tomorrow is going to be utter relief. I know a couple days into this, I'll probably be wishing it was Loading again, but right now, I can't wait NOT to eat.
I never thought I'd hear myself say that

#443 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Tomorrow is going to be utter relief. I know a couple days into this, I'll probably be wishing it was Loading again, but right now, I can't wait NOT to eat.
I never thought I'd hear myself say that
My sentiments exactly! For breakfast, which I was not at all hungry for, I had a long piece of french bread with butter and cheddar cheese, and a vanilla yogurt.

I just went shopping and got some greens, broccoli, tilapia, shrimp, egg whites, apples, grapefruit, and strawberries in preparation for tomorrow. Can't wait to have a lighter feeling in my tummy.
#444 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
My sentiments exactly! For breakfast, which I was not at all hungry for, I had a long piece of french bread with butter and cheddar cheese, and a vanilla yogurt.

I just went shopping and got some greens, broccoli, tilapia, shrimp, egg whites, apples, grapefruit, and strawberries in preparation for tomorrow. Can't wait to have a lighter feeling in my tummy.
OMG, cheese bread, great idea! I am waiting for the timer to go off, to take Dose 2 of the day, then set the timer again for 30m.
Then for lunch I am having leftover salmon, fettucini alfredo, and butternut squash with butter, and maybe now some cheese toast

I have a TON of apples as we went to the orchard on Monday. I don't usually get huge ones, but this time I did because I read in lots of places that you can have BIG apples!
I got two grapefruits, which is 4 servings. I need some strawberries but I'm going to wait till the grapefruits run out. Someone on another thread I'm on gave me an idea for grapefruit smoothies! Or, rather, grapefruit slushie-ade Grapefruit, ice, water, stevia, in the blender...sounds SO like a plan

Trying to plan the next couple days of meals. I think tomorrow is going to be nothing for breakfast but tea and water, which will be a huge relief from stuffing myself.
Then mid-morning/early afternoon probably chicken and cabbage, apple and melba, then dinner will maybe be fish and, oh, I dunno, tomatoes maybe, or cucumber.

I think I'm going to do a lot of the same things over again until I get sick of them, and then switch them up. Like,for example, raw cucumber till I can't take it, then maybe marinate them in vinegar or something.

I am going to take advice I've heard and not have two of the same things in any given day. Two different fruits, two different proteins.

I have LOTS of melba toast, but I found grissini at the poor store I hadn't heard of it before, nor knew where I might find it.

Does anyone know the servings of melba toast compared to melba "rounds"? Does one follow the serving sizes on the package? Or is it just ONE toast or ONE round?

#445 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 PM

I just realized I think I'd like to buy myself some thong underwear

I've been wearing bike shorts for underwear for so long, to keep my thighs from rubbing. I realize they may always rub, but maybe not as much...one can hope. It's been so long since I could wear real underwear under a sundress.

And jeans. I would love to wear jeans. I wear stretchy pants ALL.the.time. I'm 5'1" and right now 183lbs and even when I was 130, jeans weren't all that comfortable because I am so short, that they ride up to my boobs when I sit down.
Now that they have lower-slung styles again, I can wear them maybe!

Oh-- for those of you that lost a bunch of weight already, especially you larger-endowed women-- how much boobage did you lose? Was it more in band size or cup size?
I have these gorgeous VS bras and I really don't want to give them up...but OTOH, I would rather be smaller A 40D on a 5'1" woman that's a correct weight would just look silly

ETA: at least, I think it would look silly on ME. Some of you probably are built like that and look just fine

#446 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Maiasaura ~ Well, a grissini stick is 20 calories (some say 40). I'd see how many calories they say the toast is and then compare it to a round. If it's 50 calories and a round is 100, then eat half, of course. Just an idea.

I'm a 36 G almost an H. I've definitely lost some boobage, lol. But not enough to require a smaller cup size, yet. I am not overflowing in my bra though, thank goodness. My pants are a size 16 and look terrible on me now, so insanely baggy. But I can't afford to go buy 14's and then need 12's (which would be nice, but not good on the wallet) just 2 weeks later potentially. I'm definitely losing it a lot in my butt and thighs.

I'm apparently at a stall of 182 lbs (I'm 5'8"). Not sure if it's AF related or not. I've been hovering here since the 21st. So apple day it is! I'm so anxious to get into the 170's..
#447 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 PM

Mmm..that grapefruit slushie sounds yummy. I'll definitly jot that down for future reference. It's going to be tough for me to not eat the same proteins in a row since I am a lacto-ovo (fish eating) veg. But I'll give it a whirl.

I am sick sick sick of loading. This is not nearly as enjoyable as it sounds.

Maiasaura, I am a 38 DD--sounds like we have a similar body type. Short and curvy!

Speaking of the Grissini, I didn't find any at Stop and Shop this morning and I am kind of thinking of just doing without since I really don't want to tempt myself with crackery carbs (kind of a trigger to overeat for me). Is this okay?
#448 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 PM

kerpav, the grissini or melba is not a must have. I only eat one grissini every other day or so. It's a treat for me. But a lot of people just don't eat them!
#449 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 08:38 PM

I don't use them except if I make meatloaf or meatballs. I crush them and add them to the meat
#450 of 1918 Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
Maiasaura ~ Well, a grissini stick is 20 calories (some say 40). I'd see how many calories they say the toast is and then compare it to a round. If it's 50 calories and a round is 100, then eat half, of course. Just an idea.

Feeling silly, now

Quote:
It's going to be tough for me to not eat the same proteins in a row since I am a lacto-ovo (fish eating) veg.
You are actually not a veg at all. You are a pescetarian (sp?). Lacto-ovo veg's are people who eat no meat at all (as is the def. of veg) but do use dairy and eggs.

Quote:
I am sick sick sick of loading. This is not nearly as enjoyable as it sounds.
Right? I am glad I was warned how not-fun it actually is, and I ate most of the "fun" foods early yesterday, so it was still fun while I ate them. I knew it would get way un-fun, but I really had no idea HOW un-fun.
I've been stomach-sick and so, so overfull for two days, nonstop. I can't WAIT for that to be over.

Tomorrow morning the real adventure begins!
Up, dose, potty, weigh, measure, take photos.
Then tea.

Meals will I think be chicken and cod. Vegs will be cabbage for one and maybe asparagus for the other, or tomatoes. Fruit will be apple and half grapefruit.
I've already put my gallon water bottle on the counter, and my tea. I have half a quart of iced herb tea in the fridge.

I threw out the rest of the heavy cream, and gave away a TON of loading foods I didn't get to. And the weird part is...it was like "good riddance"!!

Srsly, if I see chocolate again it will be too soon. I know there's something wrong with me if I'm saying that!!

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page