HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Down another 1.4 lbs.

Total loss on protocol: 10.4 lbs (after 6 days on VLCD)

Maryhippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Down 1lb today! I'm glad the exercise didn't make me stall.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome Sub!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-27-2010, 12:19 PM

The kale chips sound great. Besides kale, beet greens and chard, what other leafy vegetables are ok?

I am down 7 pounds in 8 days
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPie View Post
The kale chips sound great. Besides kale, beet greens and chard, what other leafy vegetables are ok?
I don't have it in front of me, but I think salad greens and spinach were on the original list too.

Is anyone eating tomatoes? I went to the farmer's market today and the cherry tomoatoes looked too good to pass up. I think I am just going to eat them plain tomorrow at dinner.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

Old 07-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I've had tomatoes. I've made burgers and used tomato slices as buns. And the tomatoes in my garden are about to explode, so I'm glad I can eat those.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 07-27-2010, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
I don't have it in front of me, but I think salad greens and spinach were on the original list too.

Is anyone eating tomatoes? I went to the farmer's market today and the cherry tomoatoes looked too good to pass up. I think I am just going to eat them plain tomorrow at dinner.
Yep, salad greens and spinach are both on the list.

I have tomatoes nearly everyday. I LOVE tomatoes, always have.

Made garlic lemon chicken for lunch today. It was fantastic. I didn't follow a recipe, just threw a few things together. Put 100g of chicken breast in a pan added enough water to almost cover it, put in 4 cloves of sliced garlic, slices of half a lemon, cooked on high heat until the chicken seemed cooked, then let it simmer for about 20 minutes on low. By the time I got to it the lemon juices had reduced down to a lemon sauce. I drizzled the resulting sauce over the chicken and the cucumber slices. YUM!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 12:43 AM

I'm so glad you guys started a SUPPORT thread! Just wanted to you guys on!!

I was planning on starting the protocol next week but decided to put it off until my classes start in a month. I don't want to have to get used to a new schedule and a new way of eating!

I have been trying to 'healthy up' my diet though to prep for it! I haven't had the AWESOME weight loss you guys are having, but I'm down 12lbs since last month

You guys are doing wonderful! Thanks for the cookbook link too

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 AM

I'm on day 11 of my menstrual cycle and here is my period again! Thanks, hcg. I suppose I would rather have it every 11 days and be thin than the opposite. lol. It's going to irritate DH more than it's going to bother me.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
I'm on day 11 of my menstrual cycle and here is my period again! Thanks, hcg. I suppose I would rather have it every 11 days and be thin than the opposite. lol. It's going to irritate DH more than it's going to bother me.
I wonder if you hormones are just rebalancing themselves? I've only been on the protocol for a week and it's not time for my period yet. Not sure what to expect...or when really.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
I'm so glad you guys started a SUPPORT thread! Just wanted to you guys on!!

I was planning on starting the protocol next week but decided to put it off until my classes start in a month. I don't want to have to get used to a new schedule and a new way of eating!

I have been trying to 'healthy up' my diet though to prep for it! I haven't had the AWESOME weight loss you guys are having, but I'm down 12lbs since last month

You guys are doing wonderful! Thanks for the cookbook link too
Awesome on the 12lbs Moon!!

Before I started on the protocol I shed about 15 lbs, but they were HARD. There seemed to be very little connection between effort and result. And then just before I started on the protocol I seemed to have hit a setpoint that my body didn't want to let go of.

The only thing I'd say is don't wait! Losing the weight feels so good that I'd start now.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

My first week on the HCG diet/protocol report.

I've shed 11.6 lbs

I'm now more than 24 lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of June. And it feels great!

I know that it is normal for the weightloss to start to slow down by this point in the protocol, and I am prepared for that. But getting more than 11 lbs off in the beginning not only feels great, it is very inspiring and motivating.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 AM

I'm down another # today. -9.8 on VLCD6!

HELLO 170s!!!! I hope I can coast through them to see the 160s! I haven't seen those since before I had my youngest DS (who is 3).

I dehydrated some apples last night (with lemon juice) and am dying to have a few for my fruit for the day. I know it's stupid because they won't have any of the water in them to fill me up. I have them just sitting in front of me while I type. They smell really good.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM

I was wondering about dehydrating apples, but decided against it because I figured the fiber was important?

I'm officially down a size. Cool. Not bad for 10 days!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
I'm down another # today. -9.8 on VLCD6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post

I'm officially down a size. Cool. Not bad for 10 days!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM

OK, so what do you all do when it takes all your strength not to eat something that's off limits? I seem to have hit a wall this evening. This is day 3 of VLCD. I was fine with lunch, afternoon snack, but then at dinner it took all of my strength not to reach out and eat an olive that was on the table (it was build your own taco night for everyone else). An olive almost reduced me to tears. That's not cool.

In other news, I am making strawberry lemonade-esqe slushie later tonight and am really looking forward to it! It's HOT here today.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 PM

Day 3 is about when I started to have some slip-ups. Even though I'm not hungry all this off-limits food just kills me. Like, the kids had grilled cheese today. Oh. My. Goodness. Grilled cheese is one of my favorite things in the world. The night I met my husband I had grilled cheese

Anyway, once you see the terrifying effects of cheating, it makes it not as difficult to stick to the plan. I kind of figured that even with my "cheat" I was still under 1000 calories - how bad could it be? Um, 3+ lbs overnight bad. And everything you read is right - it takes 3 days to bounce back. It's really discouraging to mess up progress like that.

I just keep thinking of how good everything is going to taste when I get to Ph 3 (in about, oh, a month from now. Hello, September!!).

Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM

yes, cheating is very, very bad. lol. one reason you gain so much while loading is because of the HCG. It increases exponentially the amount you'd put on. It's the same on protocol....there's a protocol for a reason. IF you deviate, you gain *even if you are at 850 calories which is still technically starvation* you will gain. The doc knew what he was doing.

I think it's the numbers moving so fast on the scale that keeps most in line. You don't want to sacrifice those 1+ pound losses you wake up to each morning for the first two weeks.

As with anything else, focus on what you *can* have! (Clover, that shake sounds AWESOME!) And know that it's finite. You can do it in just 25 days if you choose....and you've already knocked a few off.

You can support yourself in other ways as well. Just be prepared for lots of feelings to come up as you're releasing. It's truly amazing how we retrace. I don't think most notice it because it happens slowly on any other plan. 5 pounds in a month is different than 5 pounds in 3 days. Since you are losing big amounts...some to the tune of 25 pounds in 25 days it's right there in your face. And if you can't use food as comfort you're going to have to find a different way to respond. That isn't always easy at first since it's often unfamiliar territory.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OK, so what do you all do when it takes all your strength not to eat something that's off limits?
I drink lots of water or tea. I know the craving will pass if I just acknowledge it and let it go.

I made these really awesome muffins for the family today. They are whole grain (white whole wheat and rolled oats) with coconut oil and butterscotch chips. They smelled sooooo good.

Everytime I passed the counter I got a whiff and had to remind myself that I couldn't have even one little bit. And I drank more water.

Generally I have no problem with it. I am truly quite full with the food I am having in conjunction with the homeopathic hcg.

If I am truly tempted (like I was today) I tell myself that it is like an allergy. I am on this protocol to lose weight, yes, but also to find out what it is that doesn't like my body or vice versa. It is an elimination diet of sorts after all.

Later, after I've gotten to a healthy weight, I can explore those things again, one at a time, to find out what doesn't work for me. That is what works for me.

Quote:
Anyway, once you see the terrifying effects of cheating, it makes it not as difficult to stick to the plan. I kind of figured that even with my "cheat" I was still under 1000 calories - how bad could it be? Um, 3+ lbs overnight bad. And everything you read is right - it takes 3 days to bounce back. It's really discouraging to mess up progress like that.
That's the other thing that keeps me on the 'straight and narrow.' I DON'T want to see a gain. I've dropped 11.6 lbs so far in 1 week on the VLCD. Obviously it works. So I have to trust that the other part is true as well, that even a tiny bit of food will cause a gain and that's not what I'm doing all this work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
You can support yourself in other ways as well. Just be prepared for lots of feelings to come up as you're releasing. It's truly amazing how we retrace. I don't think most notice it because it happens slowly on any other plan. 5 pounds in a month is different than 5 pounds in 3 days. Since you are losing big amounts...some to the tune of 25 pounds in 25 days it's right there in your face. And if you can't use food as comfort you're going to have to find a different way to respond. That isn't always easy at first since it's often unfamiliar territory.
Absolutely. Of course homeopathy can be that way too, can't it? Giving us a chance to work through that which didn't get taken care of fully before. It is one of the things I find most wondrous about homeopathy.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM

This may sound kooky, but one other thing that has been helping me push through this, I think, are doing visualizations at night.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Jon Gabriel Method but he has an amazing story. His whole thing is that people who are perpetually fat (and he was 300+ pounds at one point) have their "fat switch" turned on and have to work to turn it off. He actually advocates not dieting at all, but slowly *adding* good foods (if you eat junk) and doing the visualizations minimizes cravings for junk. His book is a great read, and I've been listening to his evening visualizations before bed every night. The visualization mp3 is a free download when you get the book (which I think is about $10 or so)...

Anyway, I do believe that there is a mental component to being heavy (at least for me) and I think this technique is working well for me in tandem with the hcg protocol.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Alright, I made it through the evening (the strawberry lemonade slushie really helped!). Today is day 6 for me. This morning's weigh in showed a loss of about 7lbs from the weight I gained after the loading days, 5lbs from where I was before starting. Not bad!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Alright, I made it through the evening (the strawberry lemonade slushie really helped!). Today is day 6 for me. This morning's weigh in showed a loss of about 7lbs from the weight I gained after the loading days, 5lbs from where I was before starting. Not bad!
Not bad at all!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-29-2010, 05:41 PM

I'm down a pound today. Yay!

Made a pretty tasty strawberry soda - sparkling water, strawberry puree, couple drops of water. I think it would be good in popsicle form, too...

Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Great job, ladies! I'm down 1.4 lbs today for a total loss of 10.6 lbs! I'm wearing a shirt today that I haven't been able to wear in over a year. That feels amazing! My wardrobe is quickly expanding. All the things I thought I would never be able to wear again are quickly becoming the "right" size.

As far as cheating, I haven't yet. Well, one day I ate both my melbas at once and that caused me to only lose .4 lbs. I guess that is a bit of a cheat. It has been easier for me because my sister is also doing the diet with me. She lives with us so it's like having your best friend there to help encourage (and also have food fantasies with ). It was hard for me while driving today to not pull over at a Taco Bell or McDonalds. I wasn't hungry really, but seeing them is like a trigger for me.

I know that the first 10 days of the VLCD are hard. Those are the "test." I know if I can make it through them (I'm on my 6th day today) that I can do the whole round just fine. It does get easier day by day. Day 3 was REALLY hard for me. I felt lightheaded and sick and wanted to eat fast food like it was going out of business permanently. I drank a ton of water and that really did help. I've been going to bed early too to avoid staying up late and having those late night cravings.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:53 PM

I had a 30 min debate with myself today whether a grassfed hot dog (100g, of course) would be okay. I decided it wasn't. Two weeks down, 4 more to go!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I had a 30 min debate with myself today whether a grassfed hot dog (100g, of course) would be okay. I decided it wasn't. Two weeks down, 4 more to go!
I'd have said 'not' as well.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 AM

So, I'm just curious...

How long will this round be for everyone? I'm planning on doing a 40 day round, myself.

How many rounds do you think you'll end up doing? I'm pretty sure I'll do at least one more round after this one, but I am planning on doing a full Ph 3 and Ph 4, at least for the first round. I've read that skipping these two phases can lead to sagging skin and also helps to ensure that the hypothalamus resets and stabilizes.

I really wish I'd found this method years ago; I can't believe the results that it's possible to get.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How long will this round be for everyone? I'm planning on doing a 40 day round, myself.

<snip>

I really wish I'd found this method years ago; I can't believe the results that it's possible to get.
Me too. The results are awesome.

I am only in the first few weeks of Round 1, Phase 2. I don't know how long I'll be doing P2 at all. I'm in it for at least 6 weeks unless my body says differently. I'll gauge the length on what my body seems to need.

I'm intimidated by P3. It is a lot of work to figure out how to keep your weight from going more than 2 lbs in either direction and what foods you need to eat/avoid, and what quantity of calories you need to do so.

P3 is even more important than P2 for long term success.

Maryhippie.gif

Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Me too. The results are awesome.

I am only in the first few weeks of Round 1, Phase 2. I don't know how long I'll be doing P2 at all. I'm in it for at least 6 weeks unless my body says differently. I'll gauge the length on what my body seems to need.

I'm intimidated by P3. It is a lot of work to figure out how to keep your weight from going more than 2 lbs in either direction and what foods you need to eat/avoid, and what quantity of calories you need to do so.

P3 is even more important than P2 for long term success.
don't let that intimidate you, it's really not as hard as it may seem! If you have hidden sensitivities it can be more challenging, but you do find those out fairly quickly. If you are paying attention (FOOD JOURNAL) these things are identified quickly. You'll do great!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
don't let that intimidate you, it's really not as hard as it may seem! If you have hidden sensitivities it can be more challenging, but you do find those out fairly quickly. If you are paying attention (FOOD JOURNAL) these things are identified quickly. You'll do great!
Thanks! There are a couple of ladies over on the Skinny Me forum that are at the early-stabilizing part of P3 and I have been watching what they've been doing. I know that it is doable and when the time comes I'll jump in and do it too...it just seems way harder than the straightforwardness of the P2 protocol.

I'm now down 12.8 lbs since starting the hcg protocol.
That's nearly 25 lbs down since beginning of June.

And what's really awesome and important is that I feel great. I have good energy levels, good mood, and I feel flexible and well.

I'm losing inches on my hips and thighs and waist and upper arms and all my clothes are fitting differently and all of this is happening without feeling hungry or deprived or weak or any of the things that people expect when they see the diet.

Maryhippie.gif

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing
User Tag List