HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 62 - Mothering Forums

 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1831 of 1922 Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post

Darker and hard. yes mam. I seemed to have gotten the stomach flu today so I'm pretty sure I will finally (and inadvertently) lose the weight that wouldn't budge.



Oh, ew, Avani, I hope you feel better soon!

 

145.0 today, down 0.8. I was hoping for a whole pound to move to 144, but I will take it! If I go 1/2lb down every day (on avg) between now and the 22nd, I will be 10 more pounds down at the end of this Round fingersx.gif


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#1832 of 1922 Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Don't get me started on poop issues.....I've never had such trouble in my life, and I HATE being constipated irked.gif

 

But: darker, yes. A lot less, yes (which makes sense to me, since we're hardly eating anything LOL). Harder, no, not really.....if I go at all, it's almost diarrhea lots of the time, due to the smooth move tea/natural calm. I'm just glad it's "moving" at all eyesroll.gif

 

Usually it gets better right after moving on to P3. So I guess it's just one more thing that's "only temporary" winky.gif

 

I'm down 1.8 today. I do have to say that I weighed in a lot later than usual this morning, so I'm hoping that not too much of this nice loss was due to that fact. We'll see tomorrow.

 

Avani, sorry about the stomach flu. Hope you'll feel better soon. Try to think of the positive side....the weight should really come off with that. redface.gif

 

Maia, I'm going to California. First vacation in years and years, yay biggrinbounce.gif

Actually, not even all the way a real vacation, since DH has to attend a conference for most of the time, but at least we have 4 days family time at the end.....and I'll have all that time during the conference to enjoy Cali with DS. orngbiggrin.gif

Denali is offline  
#1833 of 1922 Old 02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Postif I go at all, it's almost diarrhea lots of the time, due to the smooth move tea/natural calm. I'm just glad it's "moving" at all eyesroll.gif

 

I'm down 1.8 today.

Maia, I'm going to California. First vacation in years and years, yay biggrinbounce.gif



How much smooth move do  you use? Every night?? I'm sure that can't be a good thing. I actually, for the first time in P2 (this is my 4th), am going nearly every day-- just, much later than weigh time, usually around 10am. I weigh around 7am.

 

Nice loss! I was down 0.8. I had half and half today and also 3/4 of an apple, so I don't know what tomorrow is going to look like. Hoping for the best!


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
 
#1834 of 1922 Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't eaten in 2 days..and easily everything that could have been in me came out...but i'm at 142 this morning. I'm surprised I only lost 1.8lbs but i'm way dehydrated too. Anyways, feeling better and super happy to be that much closer to the 130's. I'm staying on P2 until I get to 130. Which will hopefully be within 2 weeks time.

Avani is offline  
#1835 of 1922 Old 02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View PostI haven't eaten in 2 days..and easily everything that could have been in me came out...but i'm at 142 this morning. I'm surprised I only lost 1.8lbs but i'm way dehydrated too. Anyways, feeling better and super happy to be that much closer to the 130's. I'm staying on P2 until I get to 130. Which will hopefully be within 2 weeks time.


Oh, I hope you feel better soon hug2.gif You poor thing. Have you still been taking the drops? You need to get some water in you! Is it staying down?

 

I am at 144.2 this morning, so I did have a 0.8 loss joy.gif I'll take it!

 

I am gearing up for Lent and not eating meat on Fridays. Today is egg salad and pickles, and later will be fish (perch) and...I don't know yet. I am thinking brussels sprouts. After all, they are just little cabbages, right?

 


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1836 of 1922 Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post



How much smooth move do  you use? Every night?? I'm sure that can't be a good thing. I actually, for the first time in P2 (this is my 4th), am going nearly every day-- just, much later than weigh time, usually around 10am. I weigh around 7am.


I don't use it every day, no. Every couple of days, every three days, or so.

 

Today, apparently all the tea that hadn't worked lately caught up with me, I spent quite a while in the bathroom this morning. Too bad it was AFTER the weighing winky.gif

 

Congrats to the loss! Things seem to be going pretty well for you lately orngbiggrin.gif

 

Glad you're feeling better, Avani. Now make sure you get hydrated again. smile.gif

 

We're invited out for dinner again tonight (another one of those "wonderful evenings" I couldn't get out of.......). I'm bringing my hamburger patty and radishes. But I'm sure it'll be "really fun" again eyesroll.gif

Denali is offline  
#1837 of 1922 Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did keep taking the drops. I didn't want to have to go through loading again. I tried eating a hardboiled egg today and let's just say it didn't stay in. My stomach is churning every time I drink or eat anything. Ugh. I hope it passes quickly!

Avani is offline  
#1838 of 1922 Old 02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View PostI did keep taking the drops. I didn't want to have to go through loading again. I tried eating a hardboiled egg today and let's just say it didn't stay in. My stomach is churning every time I drink or eat anything. Ugh. I hope it passes quickly!


My boyfriend turned me on to that scrambled eggs feel pretty good to an upset tum. They're bland enough. I hope you can feel better tomorrow! At least, try to keep the water in.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View PostToday, apparently all the tea that hadn't worked lately caught up with me, I spent quite a while in the bathroom this morning. Too bad it was AFTER the weighing winky.gif


Oh no! Poor you!

 

I had a TEENY tiny, not even a 1/8tsp taste of the birthday cake I picked up for my son at a specialty bakery. Holy YUM, Batman. I mean...I ate barely enough to just get an idea of the flavor. I need to stay far, far away from that. Yikes.

 

Cross fingers, then, that I don't show a gain tomorrow! I have decided the 19th is my LDW.

 


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1839 of 1922 Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't allow myself a small temptation. It would totally turn into a crime scene. I am avoiding every temptation I can. I'm too close to my goal weight. So i'm at 141.4 this morning. Last night I ate a little bit of chicken and lettuce and it stayed in. Fingers crossed. Basically i've got 11 lbs to go so i'm super hoping I can be done in 2 weeks time. I'm very motivated to get to my goal. How is everyone else?

Avani is offline  
#1840 of 1922 Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post

I can't allow myself a small temptation. It would totally turn into a crime scene. I am avoiding every temptation I can. I'm too close to my goal weight. So i'm at 141.4 this morning. Last night I ate a little bit of chicken and lettuce and it stayed in. Fingers crossed. Basically i've got 11 lbs to go so i'm super hoping I can be done in 2 weeks time. I'm very motivated to get to my goal. How is everyone else?



Grrr, I showed a gain irked.gif That'll learn me, huh? LOL.

 

I was at 145.4, then 145.2, so I'm taking the lower number lol.gif So, a 1-lb gain. Trying so hard to stick to this! I'm so done. I want to be 125 eventually. Maybe even lower. But for this Round I will be happy with 7-10 more pounds off. I have 15 more days, if I can stand it.


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1841 of 1922 Old 02-05-2012, 08:14 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Uff......I've been doing research on the laptop for hours now, and my eyes are gtting really tired, so I'll keep it brief:

 

Hi everyone.....how's the losing going? orngbiggrin.gif

 

Hope the scale was better to you today, Maia.....and Avani, hope you're feeling better and are able to eat again.

 

I had a small loss today, so I was happy.....but then I had to smell the game day snacks all afternoon. I'm not even that fond of popcorn, but boy, does it smell good when you can't have any biggrinbounce.gif

 

 

This morning was pretty stressful, too.....the person scheduled to teach children's church didn;t show up, they didn't realize it in time, and then they literally called us down 2 minutes before all the children came downstairs. Talk about pressure......LOL.....but luckily it was an easy lesson, I had a box with "back up craft material" in the truck, and everything went well. thumb.gif

 

Ok, now off to dinner. I'm having halibut and broccoli tonight....yummy (would be even better fried in butter, though winky.gif)

Denali is offline  
#1842 of 1922 Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post

Uff......I've been doing research on the laptop for hours now, and my eyes are gtting really tired, so I'll keep it brief:

 

Hi everyone.....how's the losing going? orngbiggrin.gif

 

Hope the scale was better to you today, Maia.....and Avani, hope you're feeling better and are able to eat again.

 

I had a small loss today, so I was happy.....but then I had to smell the game day snacks all afternoon. I'm not even that fond of popcorn, but boy, does it smell good when you can't have any biggrinbounce.gif

 

 

This morning was pretty stressful, too.....the person scheduled to teach children's church didn;t show up, they didn't realize it in time, and then they literally called us down 2 minutes before all the children came downstairs. Talk about pressure......LOL.....but luckily it was an easy lesson, I had a box with "back up craft material" in the truck, and everything went well. thumb.gif

 

Ok, now off to dinner. I'm having halibut and broccoli tonight....yummy (would be even better fried in butter, though winky.gif)


I gained a pound, maybe from ds's teenytiny birthday cake bite, and then I took off some, but not a whole pound, and today I stayed the same. I can't decide whether to stay the course or do an apple day. Or a protein day. I'm so, so, so tired of this, but I have 5lb to go until the 130s, and I haven't seen the 130s since like 1996. I *really* want to see that number! Plus, I tend to gain back 5-7lb immediately into P3 no matter what I do, so if that happens this time, I'd be stabilizing (or trying to) right at the numbers I'm at NOW. So, as usual, I want wiggle room.

 


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1843 of 1922 Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm eating little bits now. But last night I got sick again. I weigh the same this morning..140.8..I have 10 lbs to go but i'm not feeling like this is hard right now. Food isn't interesting to me so eating small amounts of lettuce and some meat is easy enough for me. When I see people eating something like chinese food I get hungry but then I try to think about how greasy it would be and how it wouldn't taste good. Busy week so hopefully i'll have some good losses and get well into the 130's!

Avani is offline  
#1844 of 1922 Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View PostI can't decide whether to stay the course or do an apple day. Or a protein day.

 


I decided on apples. I have had one big one so far, and a cup of coffee with half and half. I am so hungry! Oh well.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View PostI'm eating little bits now. But last night I got sick again. I weigh the same this morning..140.8..I have 10 lbs to go but i'm not feeling like this is hard right now. Food isn't interesting to me so eating small amounts of lettuce and some meat is easy enough for me. When I see people eating something like chinese food I get hungry but then I try to think about how greasy it would be and how it wouldn't taste good. Busy week so hopefully i'll have some good losses and get well into the 130's!

Good; I am glad you're feeling slightly better! Sounds like it really kicked your butt, huh greensad.gif

 

I am holding at 144-point-something. Apples today and hopefully break this sort-of-plateau, and then I want to see the 130s, too! I am already "tasting" and dreaming about more food...I know my body is done, but I am not. So ha orngtongue.gif
 

 


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1845 of 1922 Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm officially done with P2. orngtongue.gif

 

Last night I shook my pellets out of the bottle into the lid and discovered that there were just enough for that dosage, then that was it. I do have more bottles but I thought I only have 3 days left anyway, so opening a bottle just for three days seemed not so ideal to me. The pellets stay fresh better when the bottle hasn't been opened, and this way I can open the new bottle at the beginning of the next round.

 

So I decided to stop P2 three days early this time. This round hasn't been that great anyway, so I'm fine with ending it now. If I'd had a few more pellets, I'd have done the full length, but since I ran out, this way is ok with me, too. A few days closer to cheese LOL

 

So today and tomorrow will be two more VLCD days, after that we'll see how P3 goes redface.gif

 

 

Denali is offline  
#1846 of 1922 Old 02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View PostOk, I'm officially done with P2. orngtongue.gif

 

So today and tomorrow will be two more VLCD days, after that we'll see how P3 goes redface.gif

 

Well, good luck then! How do you like the pellets? I have never tried them. I use the drops.

 

I am SO.FREAKING.HUNGRY.

 

I have had two largish apples today, and I also had a can of fat-free compliant beef broth (I needed something savory!) and 2.5 small strips of homemade beef jerky. It's quarter to six, local time, and if I can just freaking hang till 8pm or so, I can go to bed and start over tomorrow. I need protein. I need fat. I need to stop this really, really soon. OH PLEASE, higher power, let me hang till I get to 139. Please.


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1847 of 1922 Old 02-07-2012, 09:38 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I LOVE the pellets. So much easier, you can just shove them under your tongue and keep on talking orngbiggrin.gif

 

I'm not hungry at all......I feel bloated, full, and unhappy that I haven't been able to "go" in a few days. Again. Same as all the last weeks. I'm really, really fed up with this diet-related constipation irked.gif

 

On top of all that, I had gains the last two days. Only small ones, 0.4 each, but still. Usually I always lost one or two pounds on those two last VLDC days (which always gave me a nice little cushion for the "LDW + 2 lbs rule" LOL).....this round, I gained almost a pound. I'm just hoping that it's due to the bathroom-related problems. I double-dosed today, first smooth move tea, then Natural Calm. Something better happen before the weigh-in tomorrow greensad.gif

 

So sorry that you're having to fight the hunger so badly. That's one thing I like about P3: When I get TOO hungry in between, I can go and nibble on some almonds. That really helps me a lot. Too bad there's nothing like that for P2.

 

By the way, how do you make your jerky? I really like jerky, but all the store-bought ones have sugar. redface.gif

Denali is offline  
#1848 of 1922 Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I stalled for 3 days and then had a small gain this morning...the only thing i ate yesterday was a small piece of chicken and some homemade sauerkraut. Not cool. I have zero constipation issues but only because of my stomach bug :(

Avani is offline  
#1849 of 1922 Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View PostBy the way, how do you make your jerky? I really like jerky, but all the store-bought ones have sugar. redface.gif


I get a big roast of eye of round, or some other lean cut of meat, and slice it up in varying thicknesses. Mostly pretty thin. Put in bowl, marinate for however long (at least a day). Marinade varies. Usually some variation of the following: vinegar, garlic powder, sometimes lime juice, stevia, maybe sometimes a splash of hot sauce, Bragg's, maybe some salt. I just got a dehydrator for Yule, and haven't tried it out yet, but I was just putting the strips in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and put in the oven on the warm setting (very lowest) for...sometimes 2 days. Usually about 24 hours or a little more. I think. A pretty long time. I turn them every now and then, and when they are close to done, I blot them on paper towels and keep drying them.

One thing I have learned is don't use oil in the marinade! They don't dry as well and they stay kind of wettish/oily after. Oh, and cut off as much external fat as you can. The fat comes out really icky when dried! Tastes gross, looks gross...no fat in jerky, ugh. Blech.


I store them in an open Ball jar for a good while, then when they are really dry, I can put in baggies.


YUM.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View PostSo I stalled for 3 days and then had a small gain this morning...the only thing i ate yesterday was a small piece of chicken and some homemade sauerkraut. Not cool. I have zero constipation issues but only because of my stomach bug :(


Sounds like we're all having issues. It's been brought to my attention that it's possible, likely probable, judging on my extreme hunger and my weight stalling for a good week, that I have maybe hit immunity and the hcg isn't working anymore. I may transition lots sooner than February 19th because of this. And stay on an extended P3 for like...ever. Even though I haven't got but 20-odd more pounds to go, I think my body is just DONE. It's really wearing on me; I've been doing this on and off for a year and a half.

 

 

 


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1850 of 1922 Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well..I broke a tooth yesterday and haven't eaten at all since. Had an emergency extraction and can only have broth for a few days..wonder if I will lose that stubborn weight now. Maia..I thought that there was no immunity. Didn't Panserborn say that?

Avani is offline  
#1851 of 1922 Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post

Well..I broke a tooth yesterday and haven't eaten at all since. Had an emergency extraction and can only have broth for a few days..wonder if I will lose that stubborn weight now. Maia..I thought that there was no immunity. Didn't Panserborn say that?



Well, I think she did...but Mary has been on this lots longer, I think, and has a ton of experience, and has been more or less my mentor through this whole process, and has read a ton on metabolism and such, since she's lost her 100lb or so. She didn't say I *did* reach immunity; she just said she thought it was possible based on my symptoms.

I did manage to drop 1.2 since yesterday, so now my LDW is going to be touch-and-go. I'm sick as heck right now (major head cold) but I am eating. Today I took drops. Tomorrow I may not, depending on what the scale says. I really am about done.

 

Sorry about your tooth!!! Holy cow, you have been through the wringer lately!


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1852 of 1922 Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 PM
 
Denali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Poor Avani.....you've really had it rough lately greensad.gif

 

One idea, for when you get tired of "just broth": Try pureeing frozen strawberries, add a little bit of stevia, and you almost have strawberry sorbet. You should be able to eat it (both for tooth problems and protocol), the cold might actually feel good in your mouth, and the taste is really nice, too. Hope that'll help....and work with your stomach redface.gif

 

Thank for the jerky recipe. I'll give that a try one of these days, too. I did get a dehydrator as well a little while back, but haven't even had a chance to try anything. I also want to make homemade fruit roll ups smile.gif

 

My P3 is going ok. After the first two VLCD days, I added calories by just eating bigger portions, and I've tried nibbling on cheese, a bit more every day. I can only recommend this "Dubliners" cheese from Costco. It's harder than cheddar, but not as hard as parmesan, so it's great for nibbling...and I can tolerate it a lot better than the softer cheeses. I always gain at first when I try Cheddar in P3.

 

My weight has been fluctuating a little (down 0.8, up 0.2...), but I'm still under LDW, so I think I'm doing ok. I have been pretty careful and haven't eaten anything in the morning, then just a had a bit of cheese for lunch, and a big meal in the late afternoon. We'll see how the next weeks go. I'm undecided whether to add yogurt next or almonds orngbiggrin.gif

 

How are you doing today, Maia? Did you stop your P2, too? Sometimes it's better to just make a clean break and concentrate on doing a "good P3"....and then maybe start a new P2 some time later. A P2 that doesn't show good enough results is just sooooo fustrating....the results are what keeps us sticking to protocol, right? I know how bad I always feel on those days tat the scale wasn't nice to me (without a reason), it completely ruins my mood. So when you have to fight so hard for results, P2 is twice as hard as it is anyway redface.gif

 

Well, whether still losing or stabilizing: Good luck everyone smile.gif

Denali is offline  
#1853 of 1922 Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View PostThank for the jerky recipe. I'll give that a try one of these days, too. I did get a dehydrator as well a little while back, but haven't even had a chance to try anything. I also want to make homemade fruit roll ups smile.gif

 

My P3 is going ok. After the first two VLCD days, I added calories by just eating bigger portions, and I've tried nibbling on cheese, a bit more every day. I can only recommend this "Dubliners" cheese from Costco. It's harder than cheddar, but not as hard as parmesan, so it's great for nibbling...and I can tolerate it a lot better than the softer cheeses. I always gain at first when I try Cheddar in P3.

 

My weight has been fluctuating a little (down 0.8, up 0.2...), but I'm still under LDW, so I think I'm doing ok. I have been pretty careful and haven't eaten anything in the morning, then just a had a bit of cheese for lunch, and a big meal in the late afternoon. We'll see how the next weeks go. I'm undecided whether to add yogurt next or almonds orngbiggrin.gif

 

How are you doing today, Maia? Did you stop your P2, too? Sometimes it's better to just make a clean break and concentrate on doing a "good P3"....and then maybe start a new P2 some time later. A P2 that doesn't show good enough results is just sooooo fustrating....the results are what keeps us sticking to protocol, right? I know how bad I always feel on those days tat the scale wasn't nice to me (without a reason), it completely ruins my mood. So when you have to fight so hard for results, P2 is twice as hard as it is anyway redface.gif

 

I tried the dehydrator today. It ROCKS!!! Holy cow, it is so.much.faster. than the oven! But it's noisy. It's a constant loud (to me) hum and it hurts my head. I am used to total and utter silence in here, most of the time. It might not bother someone used to more noise. But man...I could eat jerky all day long. And I have, today redface.gif even on P2.

 

Yes, I am still on P2, I am down to 142.2 thumb.gif But I am sick as a dog greensad.gif It's all y'all's fault! You guys gave it to me! lol.gif

 

I am ready for P3, I am, but I am just hanging in day by day on P2 while I keep losing a bit at a time. I did break the plateau-- I went down 1.2 and then 0.6 and I'm just day-at-a-timing it right now. I know P3 is any day now, probably, but I am still hoping to see that magic "3" where the "4's" have been!


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1854 of 1922 Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Where is everybody?? I was the last poster, over a week ago??

 

My LDW was that day, I think. It was 142.2. I am up to 146...I stayed within range for 3-4 days and then started gaining incrementally greensad.gif I was not doing anything wrong and my carb grams were under 20 a day-- mostly under 5 a day!! But still gained and gained. Today and yesterday I stayed the same, for the first time since.

 

I have not added veggies but very sparingly now and then, no fruit, no cheeses or nuts or any of that yet. Just meat and eggs and butter and coconut oil, pretty much, and fish and shrimp and tunafish. And killer blender Hollandaise sauce yummy.gif

 

My friend figured out that even though heavy cream has no carbs per serving--  a serving is a Tb, and I eat nearly a cup a day of that stuff, some days. And it has 6g (I think) of carb per cup. Oh well-- that's most of the carb I'm getting in a day, lately, but I still think it's probably too heavy from one source. I need to knock back the cream consumption, I think.

 

How are you guys doing?


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1855 of 1922 Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Avani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've just been a mess. My tooth got infected, lots of antiobiotics and pain killers. I am going to start over in a week or so. the hollandaise sounds delish!

Avani is offline  
#1856 of 1922 Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
 
mary3mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Middle Indiana
Posts: 2,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good Morning (where I am anyway) everyone!

 

What a ride it has been! I started this thread *forever* ago and am astounded by the number of posts and views.

 

I've not had an hcg round since, let's see, mid-November, 2011. I've been doing the low carb thing since then.

 

My weight has been stable -- my life excellent, though busy and full and sometimes stressful.

 

I've devoted myself in these last several months to learning everything I can about low carb diet, nutrition and metabolism. 

 

HCG is amazing at helping to get that weight off -- but like any successful weight loss regime, the thing is to keep it off. And that is what I'm learning to do. My metabolism was screwed up or I wouldn't have gained so much weight in the first place -- so obviously I can't go back to eating that way now. 

 

And the 'diet' that caused me to gain weight was *healthy and balanced* if one uses the official government recommendations. I had LOADS of whole grains and veggies and fruit and not very much in the junk food category -- and that was slowly killing me.

 

Now I have loads of healthy meats, fats, oils, cheeses, and leafy green veggies. I have almost no fruit -- the exceptions being avocado and the occasional tomato. 

 

For me 'low carb' living means: low carb/moderate protein/high fat.

 

Wishing good healthy weight & healing/healthy metabolism vibes for everyone. 


Maryhippie.gif

mary3mama is offline  
#1857 of 1922 Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
 
homemademom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mary, thanks for starting this thread. I started reading it a week ago when I found out a friend of mine was doing hcg. She looks amazing.  I've been trying everything to lose weight for the past 8 or so months.  I think baby #5 plus my advancing age (lol) is catching up with me. None of my usual tricks worked (weight watchers, low carb, counting calories). The weight just STICKS to me. I was the same weight at 6 mths pp as I was 2 wks pp.  Then, with my various attempts, I managed to lose 3-5 lbs here and there, but every time it would take MONTHS to get those measly pounds off. I'm going on a trip in a month, so decided I have to do something more drastic. So, hcg it is. It's funny because I read about the diet long ago and thought it was hogwash (redface.gif), but even if it is, it's working for people and I really do feel like a need a reboot/reset of some sort to get my metabolism back in shape.  I was a mess after my baby was born physically and mentally (health problems and lack of sleep really took its toll).  

 

So, I went to a weight loss clinic near me and I started phase 1 today. Dh gave me my first injection (I was too wimpy to do it myself, lol!).  Eating all of this fat is really hard though. I'm trying not to eat many carbs while doing it though because I want my weight loss to be truly fat, not just water.  Any experience with this aspect, ladies?

 

Also, while the weight loss clinic really touted a strict adherences to Simon's protocol, I noticed some differences in their recommendations, like it's okay to eat lean turkey breast and they severely limit the spices you can eat, too.  I think I'm just going to ignore their info and go with what I know. Also, she wanted me to do a 40 day round but my trip is in 20 days, so we're going to split it up.  23 days now, then maintenance, then 23 days when i get back.  Do you think that will be okay? 

 

Also, will your body naturally stop shedding weight when it gets to its natural stopping point? 

 

Anyway, you have all been such a help and inspiration. I'll be posting here for support.  BTW, I'm currently at 153 lbs and I'd like to get to 130 for sure, maybe 125.  *Any* loss before my trip will be wonderful!


I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
homemademom is offline  
#1858 of 1922 Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Well, I am traveling, and while it is awesome to see my sweetie after 2 months, I put on a freaking 0.8 yesterday and now I am at my highest since LDW. My LDW was 142.2 and today I weighed at 148.4 greensad.gif

 

This is my 4th time through, and I do this every time. But this time I have been absolutely vigilant. And VERY low carb, except for yesterday, which was 61g of green beans and apple. I probably had about 2c of beans and 1/2 an apple. Damn. I am so upset; I seem to be the ONLY one on here who does not stabilize no matter what I do. I do NOT want to be in the 150s again and I do NOT want to do another round till like...summer! Freak! What do I do???

 

Last 3 rounds I was really indiscreet, and I gained like 15lb every time. I have been so good this time greensad.gif How do I get these 6lb off without going back into P2? I am only in my 3rd week of P3, about 2 weeks 4 days or so into P3.


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
#1859 of 1922 Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
 
homemademom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I'm sorry, Maiasaura.That must be so frustrating!  Your story has been so inspiring to me while reading this thread, so don't give up!!  A couple of thoughts that you may already be addressing, but are you eating your carbs WITH protein and fat in the same meal? Also, is your overall calorie intake low enough? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Well, I am traveling, and while it is awesome to see my sweetie after 2 months, I put on a freaking 0.8 yesterday and now I am at my highest since LDW. My LDW was 142.2 and today I weighed at 148.4 greensad.gif

 

This is my 4th time through, and I do this every time. But this time I have been absolutely vigilant. And VERY low carb, except for yesterday, which was 61g of green beans and apple. I probably had about 2c of beans and 1/2 an apple. Damn. I am so upset; I seem to be the ONLY one on here who does not stabilize no matter what I do. I do NOT want to be in the 150s again and I do NOT want to do another round till like...summer! Freak! What do I do???

 

Last 3 rounds I was really indiscreet, and I gained like 15lb every time. I have been so good this time greensad.gif How do I get these 6lb off without going back into P2? I am only in my 3rd week of P3, about 2 weeks 4 days or so into P3.



 


I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
homemademom is offline  
#1860 of 1922 Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by homemademom View PostI'm sorry, Maiasaura.That must be so frustrating!  Your story has been so inspiring to me while reading this thread, so don't give up!!  A couple of thoughts that you may already be addressing, but are you eating your carbs WITH protein and fat in the same meal? Also, is your overall calorie intake low enough?

 

It IS frustrating. My story is inspiring? Really? How so? Thanks, though!

 

I ate my 1/2 apple by itself, with a couple pieces of jerky after. I ate the green beans with the wings. Two whole wings, which would be 4 wing sections if they'd been split apart. Why?

 

My calorie intake? Low enough? headscratch.gif It's usually roughly 1700cal a day. Yesterday I can assure you it was probably much lower than that, being that I was traveling and I forgot my dang breakfast on the road!

 

Today's intake was roughly this:

 

~plenty of cream in my coffees (3 cups of coffee?) and a bit more that I whipped with stevia in a babyfood jar for a whipped cream treat

~a chicken thigh

~two eggs, with about 2Tb of sugar free mayo for egg salad

~bottom round roast for dinner, with butter

~a hot dog (compliant) cooked in butter

~about an ounce of very sharp cheddar

 

I think that's it. Can't remember.


Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/31/01)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maiasaura is offline  
Reply

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 13,970

26 members and 13,944 guests
Beemo3780 , BirthFree , cadence.clair , Deborah , girlspn , gizzypeach , katelove , Lea Martin , lisak1234 , Mabi , MamaNika , manyhatsmom , mary10 , Michele123 , moominmamma , Motherof3already , pgu2017 , RollerCoasterMama , samaxtics , shantimama , Skippy918
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.