HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 64 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1891 of 1918 Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cycled with the previous baby weight http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/content.php?11-Cycling weight and averaged .5/day as well g

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#1892 of 1918 Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Thanks Sharlla, I'll check out that link.

I decided to start p3 on friday so that will make 43 vlcd.  I was hoping to go longer but I'm just feeling done for now and I want to finish on a good note.  I know when I'm mentally not in it I'm much more likely to cheat and I have not cheated this entire round :)

I am planning on cycling for my next rounds.  I'm planning on 30 days vlcd and then 3 weeks p3 and repeat until goal.  Then I'll do a traditional p3 and p4.  Looking at my weight, I only lost 5 lbs from vlcd 30 to 42.  I know 5 lbs is good but it gets mentally harder to stay on the diet after day 30 so I'm thinking why stay on it when the losses aren't so great at the end.

Sharlla likes this.
#1893 of 1918 Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM

Hello ladies, I saw this thread while searching for support for my situation. I see this is kind of old so hopefully someone will come along that has some experience.

I did hcg for 23 days and lost 18lbs. I am in P4 right now and about 2.5 lbs above my LIW which I am ok with for now.

My problem is, I still have had my cycle since I was on hcg. I had it in the middle of my 23 days, it was pretty normal, then when I stopped the injections I had a few days of spotting but nothing major. That was about 2 wks after my regular cycle. Today, I am on day 50 counting from my last normal cycle or day 34 counting from the spotting. I took a pregnancy test last Tuesday and it came out negative so I thought I was clear. However, last wk end when I thought af was due anyway, we kinda did the deed without any protection and I am wondering if that was a bad idea!?!
The real worry came when I discovered some brownish streaking on my panties (sorry-way tmi!) on Sunday. Initially I thought it was af coming and just prepared for that. Well, 2 days later still no af and I feel more tired than normal. My lower back has ached on and off but nothing comes of it.
Is this normal for after hcg? Is it more likely I ended up getting pregnant form the two times we dtd when I thout we were safe? I know I should find out sooner or later but it's really perplexing as my body/cycle is so unpredictable these days!
I really appreciate your help! Thx
#1894 of 1918 Old 07-30-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post

The total is in, 88 lbs gone. Day 1 of phase 3 went well, weight didn't change at all. Hopefully that continues these next 3 weeks

Looking good, lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnrising View Post

Amazing Sharlla!  Did you have any issues with resistance?  Can you share a little about how your round went staying on p2 for so long?

I'm on day 41 now and I'm planning to stop soon for 2-3 weeks and do p3.  I'm going on a cruise :) so I have to stop for a little while.  My plan is to start p2 again when I get back after being in p2 for 2-3 weeks.  I know I probably have 2 rounds until I reach goal weight.  So this next round I want to do at least 30 days (hopefully more like 49) then 3 weeks of p3, and back to p2 until I reach goal weight.  I'm on an hcg forum but most people on there insist that you have to wait x amount of time between rounds and also do p4 so I haven't brought this up over there knowing what the response will be ;)

I have been doing this off and on since September 2010. I am on the avg 40+ pounds down and keeping it there, but it took a LOT of experimenting and failing and f***ing up and regaining a whole lot, and learning, before the stabilization happened.

I am sick to death of even having to do this again, ever, but...sigh...it's how I know how to lose weight. I found a recipe that works for keeping it off, too, finally, and it includes LOTS of fat, adequate protein, low non-starchy veggies, very little fruit, and no starches or sugars, practically ever (if I do it's like...one bite. Really.). There is no such thing as Phase 4, for me. I will very likely never add back in refined carbs. After all this learning and using my own body as a science experiment lol.gif I won't much ever listen to the "wisdom" out there on forums, either. I listened to one very wise mama (mary3mama, if she's still on here at all) who helped and guided me with her own words of wisdom and her own journey. And even then, I took what I liked, left the rest, and here I am. GEtting ready to go on another round 2 (UGH) probably next week, but I keep telling myself, it's only a month, it's only a month, I can do this. AND, I only have 15-20 more pounds I want to get off, anyway (finally! I can say that!), so maybe, just maybe most of that will come off this time and then maybe, just maybe, I can stabilize at that weight. It's ALWAYS been touch and go and hope, for me. Always.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably do an extended P3 (you know, the weeks of P3 plus P4 but don't go off of P3 protocol) and see how you stabilize, then lose more. I found, for me, that stabilization was a BEAST. So now that I've been able to do it, 2 or 3 times, I think I finally found what works for me, but I like staying on it longer just to be sure. Plus, I like eating! lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by splunky View Post

Hello ladies, I saw this thread while searching for support for my situation. I see this is kind of old so hopefully someone will come along that has some experience.

I did hcg for 23 days and lost 18lbs. I am in P4 right now and about 2.5 lbs above my LIW which I am ok with for now.

My problem is, I still have had my cycle since I was on hcg. I had it in the middle of my 23 days, it was pretty normal, then when I stopped the injections I had a few days of spotting but nothing major. That was about 2 wks after my regular cycle. Today, I am on day 50 counting from my last normal cycle or day 34 counting from the spotting. I took a pregnancy test last Tuesday and it came out negative so I thought I was clear. However, last wk end when I thought af was due anyway, we kinda did the deed without any protection and I am wondering if that was a bad idea!?!
The real worry came when I discovered some brownish streaking on my panties (sorry-way tmi!) on Sunday. Initially I thought it was af coming and just prepared for that. Well, 2 days later still no af and I feel more tired than normal. My lower back has ached on and off but nothing comes of it.
Is this normal for after hcg? Is it more likely I ended up getting pregnant form the two times we dtd when I thout we were safe? I know I should find out sooner or later but it's really perplexing as my body/cycle is so unpredictable these days!
I really appreciate your help! Thx

Oh, hon, no idea. I'm guessing pregnancy but I haven't got enough experience in that area to say. It only takes once w/o protection, though, and I do know that there is no real "safe time" not to get pg. How do you feel today?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#1895 of 1918 Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 PM

I'm pretty tired. After HCG I had abundant energy (have hypothyroid & adrenal issues) so was crazy enthusiastic about everything!! My vigor and excitement are definitely less and I am consumed with this possibility. :/. I have 4 kiddos already so this would be significant.
Is it normal to have crazy energy after hcg then have it drop?

I should note:after rereading my post, I wrote "I still have had my cycle...." Actually should say "haven't". No cycle yet. Is this normal? Should be on cycle # 2 here in the next day or so. Thx! Think I will test in the morn but am nervous ant false neg if its too early. Do you think it's too early-have no clue how to tell my af would be due to test after a missed period. Make sense?
#1896 of 1918 Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 AM

I tested again this morn and it was negative! So thankful for this! Unfortunately my energy is completely sapped.

Has anyone experienced an amazing surge of energy from hcg (in p3) and then have it plummet back to "normal" a few wks later?
Maiasaura likes this.
#1897 of 1918 Old 08-01-2013, 05:26 PM

I don't remember, sorry!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#1898 of 1918 Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 PM

If you have a lot of energy its probably from clean eating. I always have tons of energy from eating low carb. Then eating wheat and sugars makes me feel sluggish
Maiasaura likes this.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#1899 of 1918 Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Starting another round of p2 :) Today's day 1 of loading so I'm trying to eat lots of fat and also eat anything that I'll miss while on p2

jog.gifkid.gif

#1900 of 1918 Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 AM

Sharlla, you look amazing!

Was it hard to stay on plan for that long?

jog.gifkid.gif

#1901 of 1918 Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDirections View Post

Starting another round of p2 :) Today's day 1 of loading so I'm trying to eat lots of fat and also eat anything that I'll miss while on p2

I'm on Loading Day 2. So we'll be Round 2 buddies! Yay! We can do this, we can do this, we can do this. I had an interview today, so I couldn't eat as much as I planned to. I'm waiting to take my last drops of the day, so there's an hour wasted not eating *sigh*

#1902 of 1918 Old 08-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Yay joy.gif We're going to be hcg buddies!

jog.gifkid.gif

#1903 of 1918 Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Sharlla, you look amazing!

Was it hard to stay on plan for that long?

Thanks. I didn't think it was too bad, esp with trying to eat different things. Maybe if I did strict protocol I would have. I'm doing another round until size 8 are comfortable.

#1904 of 1918 Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Yay joy.gif We're going to be hcg buddies!

How are you doing today? Today was VLCD2 for me. I think I gained like 9 pounds over the last week, with pre-Loading lol.gif and then Loading I think I gained 4-5lbs (included in the 9). I lost 3 from yesterday to today. It's nice not to feel so bloated. I don't know why I stuff myself sick on Loading days, but I do. Gets it out of my system for a good while, too.

I portioned out and cooked a bunch of chicken breasts and steak a week or two ago, so they are all ready in the freezer to just thaw and eat. Today I had chicken salad (just chicken and mustard and a bit of salt) with sliced fresh local tomato, and then I had steak with cucumbers and pickles. Didn't heat up anything. Was too hot today.
Also I made an egg salad for tomorrow or whenever.

I'm wobbly with all the water! A gallon a day, plus a 20oz bottle, plus coffee. And sometimes tea.

#1905 of 1918 Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post

Thanks. I didn't think it was too bad, esp with trying to eat different things. Maybe if I did strict protocol I would have. I'm doing another round until size 8 are comfortable.

How do you alter the protocol?

jog.gifkid.gif

#1906 of 1918 Old 08-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

How are you doing today? Today was VLCD2 for me. I think I gained like 9 pounds over the last week, with pre-Loading lol.gif and then Loading I think I gained 4-5lbs (included in the 9). I lost 3 from yesterday to today. It's nice not to feel so bloated. I don't know why I stuff myself sick on Loading days, but I do. Gets it out of my system for a good while, too.

I portioned out and cooked a bunch of chicken breasts and steak a week or two ago, so they are all ready in the freezer to just thaw and eat. Today I had chicken salad (just chicken and mustard and a bit of salt) with sliced fresh local tomato, and then I had steak with cucumbers and pickles. Didn't heat up anything. Was too hot today.
Also I made an egg salad for tomorrow or whenever.

I'm wobbly with all the water! A gallon a day, plus a 20oz bottle, plus coffee. And sometimes tea.

I'm feeling good today.  Yesterday was rough.  I had the worst headache, that usually happens to me on vlcd #1.  I also was so sleepy!  I've been peeing like crazy, probably getting all that water weight out.

That is so smart to precook chicken breasts and steak.  I'm going to have to do that.  I was just going to bake a chicken breast for lunch but then I looked at the package and I bought chicken thighs instead :(  I put one in the crock pot with an onion so I can blend it and have some soup for dinner.  I'm going to go to the store today and buy some chicken breasts.

One thing that I'm doing different this round is I'm not weighing myself.  I get really focused on the number and I don't like feeling elated one day and depressed the next.  I've done hcg a few times so I know what foods work well for me and what don't so I'm just going to keep doing what works.  I'm going to pay attention to how my clothes fit and just try to enjoy the process without stressing.  I might weight  once in a while, but I'm not sure.

How are you doing?

jog.gifkid.gif

#1907 of 1918 Old 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDirections View PostHow do you alter the protocol?

I would guess "altering the protocol" would mean maybe eating different veggies than are on the list, or mixing veggies/having more than one at a time, things like that.

Quote:

I'm feeling good today.  Yesterday was rough.  I had the worst headache, that usually happens to me on vlcd #1.  I also was so sleepy!  I've been peeing like crazy, probably getting all that water weight out.

That is so smart to precook chicken breasts and steak.  I'm going to have to do that.  I was just going to bake a chicken breast for lunch but then I looked at the package and I bought chicken thighs instead :(  I put one in the crock pot with an onion so I can blend it and have some soup for dinner.  I'm going to go to the store today and buy some chicken breasts.

One thing that I'm doing different this round is I'm not weighing myself.  I get really focused on the number and I don't like feeling elated one day and depressed the next.  I've done hcg a few times so I know what foods work well for me and what don't so I'm just going to keep doing what works.  I'm going to pay attention to how my clothes fit and just try to enjoy the process without stressing.  I might weight  once in a while, but I'm not sure.

How are you doing?

I'm well, thank you! VLCD3 and I was at 149.8 this morning. I was at 154-point-something on VLCD1 so that's good; I'm happy with it. I want to be like 135 before this round is over! I think that's probably manageable.

I forgot, are you doing, what, injections? hHCG? I'm doing hHCG. This is like....hmm, my 4th time through, or maybe 5th; I have been doing this off and on since like 2010. I have learned a LOT along the way! I know that in 30 days I will probably stall a couple-three times. I don't even bother waiting to see if it's 4 days-- if I weigh about the same, or gain, for 3 days, I do an apple day.
I don't even claim to figure out why apples work during P2, but if I have as much as half an apple at once during P3, I gain. Too carby. Who knows.

Be careful on the thigh. Thighs have lots of fat compared to boneless breasts. Don't eat the skin. But you know that, right? Until you're in P3, anyway. Then go to town with the skins!

One thing I found that really helps me-- if you can find compliant broth in the soup section of the store, you don't have to make your own,and I find that making meals as quickly and easily as possible during P2 is the easiest route for me. It's hard to find compliant broth, though. I have had to shrug sometimes at broth that has, say, carrot in it. I try not to, though. I don't like to take chances with starches or sugars.

See, you ARE learning. You already know how it goes with weighing too much, for you. Whatever works, mama!

#1908 of 1918 Old 08-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Here is what I had today:

Egg salad, made with 1 egg + 3 whites, a mixture of Dijon and Spicy Brown mustards, with a tinybit of onion chopped up, salt and pepper. Side of hamburger dill pickle slices.

93% (I think 93) beef patty, cooked like a hamburger, with garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. Eaten plain with a tiny shrimp fork. Then cabbage, about 1/4 head, chopped and steamed, then added to a can of beef broth, with a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper. Oh and a tiny bit of flaked red pepper.

2 cups of coffee, black (ew, but if it's good and strong I can handle it).

A gallon + of water.

4 strawberries, with stevia.

#1909 of 1918 Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I've followed this thread from time to time. Congratulations to all of you who have followed the diet and succeeded. I've been reading up on it as well. Just read Dr. Oz's study he completed about the HCG protocol, although his patients got HCG injections or a placebo. I really wish he'd done a group who received sublingual and another who received homepathic drops. 

I just bought  Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Through the HCG Protocol after seeing @mary3mama recommended it to someone. 

Who's doing the diet now? Would love to hear how it's going and if you;re doing injections, sublingual or homeopathic drops

#1910 of 1918 Old 10-24-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

I've followed this thread from time to time. Congratulations to all of you who have followed the diet and succeeded. I've been reading up on it as well. Just read Dr. Oz's study he completed about the HCG protocol, although his patients got HCG injections or a placebo. I really wish he'd done a group who received sublingual and another who received homepathic drops. 

I just bought  Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Through the HCG Protocol after seeing @mary3mama recommended it to someone. 

Who's doing the diet now? Would love to hear how it's going and if you;re doing injections, sublingual or homeopathic drops

I am, well...I'm working on maintenance and this is my....hmm, 4th or 5th round? in the last 3 years. It's still an up-down thing. I'm not good at maintaining, but getting better at it and doing the dance. I've kept off most of my weight, but if I am not vigilant every.single.second, I gain. I started this journey at 184 or so, 3 years ago, and I'm at 143. I was down as low as 137 this past time. I usually gain at least 4-5lb before I can level off and maintain. I'm up just slightly from that, which I have to watch for, because a half pound up doesn't seem like much, but then that becomes my "new normal" and it can creep up before I know what's going on!
I do the homeopathic.
I don't ever go out of P3 anymore. No starches no sugars EVER. Or, very VERY rarely, like a couple times a year, if that.
Mary3mama is awesome.

#1911 of 1918 Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Administrator

@Maiasaura that's great! Do you have a goal weight? Or are you just working at keeping it in this range? When you level off and maintain what is your diet like? 

Would love to hear where @mary3mama is at now. And @Sharlla too. :love 

#1912 of 1918 Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:

@Maiasaura that's great! Do you have a goal weight? Or are you just working at keeping it in this range? When you level off and maintain what is your diet like? 

Would love to hear where @mary3mama is at now. And @Sharlla too. :love 

Um...hmm, not really. I'm only 5'1", and almost 54yo and frankly, I'm happy at 142, but, I want wiggle room. When I was in my 20s and 30s I was in the 120s, and I could do that. I could really get away with double digits, but I'm not the sort to be that small, nor do I want to be. I am not counting on getting below 130, but I want to maintain this weight through the holidays and then maybe do another round in January or February. I HATE doing it anymore. I'm really tired of it. But I'm also tired of thinking about weight all the damn time, y'know? We'll see.

Mary is being the mom, I guess. She's a home school mom and a knitter and I guess she's busy doing that. We were HCG buddies through my early journey, and we've kind of left off after both of us got the bulk of weight off. I'm still on FB with her, I think! She got off over 100lbs in a year or so of HCG. I don't know how she's doing now, weight wise. I think she crept up a little, too, not sure.

Here is what I have learned about weight: If we've been fat, our bodies want to STAY fat. It's a huge struggle. If it were easy, everybody would be smaller. The other thing I have been learning on my journey is how to love myself AS IS. It's hard, but God/dess don't make junk, and I have to know that I am just as lovely and loveable as everybody.

Dunno what Sharlla is up to.

#1913 of 1918 Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing @Maiasaura. I've struggled with weight all of my life as well. I'm tall so it's a bit different but it's still a struggle nonetheless. 

So, do you feel that for you doing the HCG protocol has not reset your metabolism as it is purported to do? 

#1914 of 1918 Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing @Maiasaura. I've struggled with weight all of my life as well. I'm tall so it's a bit different but it's still a struggle nonetheless. 

So, do you feel that for you doing the HCG protocol has not reset your metabolism as it is purported to do? 

Reset...I dunno. It's been so long since I did my first round. I really don't remember what it says it's supposed to do :lol I know I get weight off rather quickly that way. Not nearly as much as the first round. Now it's about 1/2lb a day, I guess. And it can come back really quickly if I'm not vigilant.
I think people are snowed by "I can get weight off really quickly and then go back to my old lifestyle and things will be different"-- nope. IMO it doesn't work that way at all. For me, it was a whole huge lifestyle change, but the realization of that came slowly for me, and with many mistakes along the way.

One time, it was 3 days into P3, and I threw caution to the wind and had one measly cup of Campbell's bean with bacon soup, and a grilled cheese sammy on good bread-- I put on 3lb overnight and kept gaining till it was like 15lb in a week or two. Live and learn.

I can't have starches or sugars at ALL, anymore, and sometimes it's sad, but I don't dwell on it. My life is different. I eat hundreds of calories of fat in a day, and I'm good with that. I eat chicken skin, I can have deep fried food (as long as it's naked-- no flour or coating), I can have butter and olive oil and coconut oil and coconut meat and avocados. Occasional nuts. I'm learning about what my body handles and what it doesn't. My diet is rather restricted, but so what-- I've come to acceptance about that shrug.gif
BTW, thank you for fixing the smilies :)

#1915 of 1918 Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Administrator

What happened to all the HCGers? I did really well on my first round but sunk back into old eating habits and put half of my weight loss pounds back on. :( Thought I'd stop in here and see how everyone's doing with their weight loss and if any new HCGers had joined in, hoping for a motivational push. :D Where is everyone??

#1916 of 1918 Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:

What happened to all the HCGers? I did really well on my first round but sunk back into old eating habits and put half of my weight loss pounds back on. :( Thought I'd stop in here and see how everyone's doing with their weight loss and if any new HCGers had joined in, hoping for a motivational push. :D Where is everyone??

I'm still here, and I'm an HCGer for life, now :D

I don't do P4. I live on P3 forever, and I don't ever plan on adding white carbs (starches and sugars) back into my diet. YAY, it is finally a lifestyle! WOOHOO!!! :joy I've done some 5 rounds, I think, in the last 4 years.

My "habit" now is to stop at about 4lb above LDW before I level off and maintain. I'm up about 3lb from that, even. I started this whole mess some 4 years ago at like 185lb. I'm at 141 today. It's been a journey, lemme tell ya. I think if I left it alone, I'd probably gain teeny bit by teeny bit (over 6 weeks I might gain a pound or two, which becomes the "new normal"-- like the frog in the hot water, y'know?) and honestly I hate this dang diet now, but at least I know how to take weight off, and mostly how to keep it off.

Hang in there!

#1917 of 1918 Old 05-08-2014, 12:27 PM

I'm thinking of doing a third round of hHCG...

After two years, a few bouts of illness and reintroducing grains (and being accidentally glutened a few times) when we took DD2 off gluten, I'm weighting more than the starting weight of round 2.:(

I'm waiting for my DD1 to call me to announce the birth of my first grandchild (she left for the Birth Center around 6:30 this morning) and I want to be a healthy Mamie.

Will come back here if I actually do it.

Valérie   
#1918 of 1918 Old 05-08-2014, 02:08 PM

Wow I've been gone forever lol the baby in my pic is almost 6!

I still blog hcg recipes occasionally. My blog took off and has a lot of FB followers so I know there area HCGers out there! It's www.myhcgcooking.com

I haven't been on hcg since April 2011 after I lost 40lbs. I didn't keep it all off but I didn't gain it all back either. I eat mostly Paleo with a little bit of rice and sometimes sugar but not like the old days, ha.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page