HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
random question...I know you are allowed a tablespoon of milk a day....is there a reason this couldnt be yogurt? Maybe in a smaller amount?

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 02:54 PM

ok I'm gonna do this! Seeing your successes makes me think this could work If nothing else at least it will hopefully jumpstart me on a grain free diet...which is something I know I need to do! I'm sure I will have more questions...thank you for being here. Oh I do have a question now...where did you get your scales to weigh the meat? How much do they cost?

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
congrats! So, curious if anyone has noticed any other pleasant side effects with HCG? There's a few that I hear often and some I've experienced...just wondering...
loose bowels, insomnia and crazy, weird dreams.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 08-09-2010, 03:38 PM

I have no idea about the milk/yogurt thing. I don't drink the milk.

I got my food scale at Super Walmart in the kitchen gadget aisle. It was $19.97 (I just found the receipt in my purse today lol). I love it! I can almost gauge now how much 100 g is. I get pretty darn close, but I always measure anyway just to be sure.

I'm proud to say I'm having an emotional rollercoaster day and I did NOT eat my feelings! If you care to read the whole story it's in the mental health section. Anyway, usually I would get really upset and treat myself with ice cream or chips or something else bad in order to make myself feel better. Today, I didn't even have the desire to do it! This diet has really caused me to alter my feelings towards food. It's like seeing it in a whole new light.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post
ok I'm gonna do this! Seeing your successes makes me think this could work If nothing else at least it will hopefully jumpstart me on a grain free diet...which is something I know I need to do! I'm sure I will have more questions...thank you for being here. Oh I do have a question now...where did you get your scales to weigh the meat? How much do they cost?
Yay!
I got my kitchen scale at Target a few years ago...I believe it was less than $25, may have even been in the $15-19 range? It weighs up to 11 lbs in either ounces or grams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
I'm proud to say I'm having an emotional rollercoaster day and I did NOT eat my feelings! If you care to read the whole story it's in the mental health section. Anyway, usually I would get really upset and treat myself with ice cream or chips or something else bad in order to make myself feel better. Today, I didn't even have the desire to do it! This diet has really caused me to alter my feelings towards food. It's like seeing it in a whole new light.
Awesome!! no emotional eating on a turbulent day!! That's an accomplishment.

Oh and as for the milk/yogurt thing? I don't know. According to the protocol you can sub fat free cottage cheese for a protein. If you had yogurt it would need to be fat free and plain...so no fat or sugar and you'd have to calculate that in to your daily calorie total. Not saying it is a good idea or not...because I don't know.

I don't have the tbls of allotted milk just because I have no need...don't drink coffee, don't like milk in my tea. I've just in the last few days stopped eating the melba toast as I am wanting to be dairy, grain and gluten free entirely. So far so good!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
This diet has really caused me to alter my feelings towards food. It's like seeing it in a whole new light.
That is what I am hoping for most of all. I think I want to skip the melba toast too because I don't think i like it and i am afraid it will be a trigger for me. Do i need to substitute something to make up the calories? or do you think i can just skip it?

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I'm always over 500 calories if I eat everything on the list. I'm close when it's just 2 meats and 1 fruit. Maybe because I'm using ground beef (I'm sick of flank steak). Do you use Fitday.com? I track my weight and log my food there.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 AM

I'm up .6 today. I knew a gain was coming. I haven't had a BM in days. Plus, my period is due tomorrow, but who knows if that will happen. It's so wacky now because of the hcg. I see Smooth Move tea again in my future. Natural Calm hasn't done a thing for me unfortunately.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 AM

how much are you taking?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm down 1.4 this morning, which is good because I stalled for most of last week.

Today I'm doing a buffalo chicken salad for lunch and fajitas w/ flank and onions for dinner.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Oh and as for the milk/yogurt thing? I don't know. According to the protocol you can sub fat free cottage cheese for a protein. If you had yogurt it would need to be fat free and plain...so no fat or sugar and you'd have to calculate that in to your daily calorie total. Not saying it is a good idea or not...because I don't know.
I don't think I'd start w/ yogurt, but that's just me. Simeons said vegetarians could use cottage cheese, but they shouldn't expect the same results.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Coming back out of the woodwork to post my results of the last several days.

So, on Friday 8/6 I weighed in at .2lbs less then the day before. Saturday morning also showed me down another .2lbs. Then Sunday morning, I gained back those .4lbs, which was very, very frustrating as I haven't cheated at all. Monday (yesterday) showed no movement at all. Then this morning I was down 2lbs!

I only have a week of so left, so I'm hoping for no more stalls. I'm down about 14lbs, and would love to lose at least 4-6 more. Wish me luck!

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
how much are you taking?
I'm doing 1/2 tsp still. I should probably up it.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I'm doing 1/2 tsp still. I should probably up it.
Oh yeah, thats a tiny amount! Take at least 2tsp. If nothing happens, take 3tp the next day. You'll be glad you did!

Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Oh sweet lord, 2 tsp worked. Too well. Definitely going to try 1 tsp next time. lol.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Well, now you know.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Well, I'm glad it worked! I do 3 tsp every night and have for years...love that stuff! Sounds like 1 tsp would be better for you right now!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM

Down 1lb today. Yay!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM

it's just a matter of hanging in there! Way to go, mama! Admit it, this sounded NUTS a few months ago!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 AM

and you seem to be getting out of bed earlier....
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM

I still kind of think it's nuts.

I've had some early mornings the past couple of weeks, this week in particular I have somewhere to be by 10:30 at the latest every day. Today is no exception. Off to a crazy day...

Old 08-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Down 1.4 lb again today! 2 weeks left of VLCD for me!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Rock on, ladies! You guys are doing great!

After my poo-stravaganza yesterday, I am now down 1.6 lbs. I'm going to start trying 1 tsp daily of natural calm and hope that keeps things moving. I don't want to wait until it's all backed up again. lol.

Total loss so far 22.2 lbs!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Total loss so far 22.2 lbs!

Maryhippie.gif

Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Today I pick up my Rx....tomorrow I start loading

I am still kind of anxious about the whole thing...normally I plan and research much longer...but that is an issue. I never get around to starting that way!

I need to order a cheesecake from my favorite bakery lol

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 08-11-2010, 09:58 PM

I researched it for months before I jumped in. My initial thought when I heard you only eat 500 cal during P2 was "I must have heard that wrong. There is NO way!" I first heard about it from Dr. Eisenstein. I'm on his email list and he was constantly sending updates on his weight loss. I was shocked at the numbers! So I watched/listened to his webinar on it.

I still waited several months before I decided to do it. (I probably would have done it sooner, but I ended up unexpectedly pregnant and then had a m/c). I did some more research after that happened and was like LETS DO IT!

The rest is history! You'll be so glad you took the plunge! The results are nothing short of amazing!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 AM

Down .8lbs today. That's 16lbs total in 18 days. Not bad, considering I am doing this as a vegetarian.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

-20.6 lbs in 23 days on VLCD
-33.2 lbs total

One thing I'd like to add to all that we've discussed here, especially for those just thinking about it or in the early days of the protocol:

Quote:
Your weight loss may not be linear and that is ok...it doesn't mean you've done anything wrong.
I've been up and down this last week and had to trust the process, which is hard after the early days of watching the pounds come (seemingly) melting off.

peace, mamas

Maryhippie.gif

Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM

It is hard to see the scale start to slow down. Today I'm up .2 lb. I did 1 tsp of NC last night. Obviously 2 tsp is where it's at. I have to make sure to time it out perfectly today so I have a couple hours available if you know what I mean.

I had a small cheat last night. I ate 145 g of flank steak instead of 100 g. I also had Bragg's liquid aminos (which I never usually have because I avoid soy that isn't fermented) and I went a little hog wild with it. I'm chugging the water today so hopefully I can flush it all out.

Tomorrow is my last day of drops. This weekend I'll be at my ILs house suffering through birthday cake, brats, cheese & crackers. With no drops to keep me going, I'm REALLY afraid I'm going to crack. DH is already helping me mentally prepare. He's helping me plan out my meals and stuff. I know my ILs are going to be all "why are you on a diet?" I just plan on telling them I'm on an elimination diet to help find out what I'm allergic to. That's really not far from reality. I know I have food sensitivities (eczema).

Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
Down .8lbs today. That's 16lbs total in 18 days. Not bad, considering I am doing this as a vegetarian.
That's great! Congrats!!!

Tags
Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing
User Tag List