HCG diet SUPPORT thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
First ... 7  8  9 10  11  19  59  ... Last
Fitness and Weight Management > HCG diet SUPPORT thread
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 11:55 AM 08-17-2010
Yesterday I added a sort of melba toast...I took the bottom of an arnold sandwich thin and toasted that. Yesterday was MUCH better! And I had a loss of 3.2lbs

mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 12:11 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
And I had a loss of 3.2lbs

clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 12:19 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:
Yesterday I added a sort of melba toast...I took the bottom of an arnold sandwich thin and toasted that. Yesterday was MUCH better! And I had a loss of 3.2lbs
Awesome, Nicole!

I'm down .4lbs today. I'm nearing the end, I think I'm going to do today, tomorrow, and Thursday with HCG. Then be able to start phase 3 on Sunday. We'll see...
clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 01:54 PM 08-17-2010
Just wanted to add that I think I am entering PMS land this morning and it is NO fun. I want chocolate and fat. I'm snapping at my kids and my whole body kind of feels on edge.
I'm going to put some flower essences in my water now and try to ride it out...
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 02:11 PM 08-17-2010
ooooooooo, fun. You can do herbs if you have them too! I can't see motherwort hurting anything.
clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 02:47 PM 08-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
ooooooooo, fun. You can do herbs if you have them too! I can't see motherwort hurting anything.
Don't mock me, lady! Didn't you see the part where I said I was on edge?!? : (Don't worry everyone, PB and I are friends IRL. She can take my abuse. )

I'm planning on making the green chocolate shake tonight for dinner. Hopefully it will take care of the chocolate craving... gotta get some spinach first though.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 02:57 PM 08-17-2010
Don't make me come over there! (I'd have sent some with you last night had I known! I just got a gigantic bucket-lol.)

Seriously though, I have a formula I mixed that's a blend of motherwort/passiflora/skullcap/hypericum/tilia that I use one day per month. It's a savior! I started doing it Matthew Wood style recently (a few drops in some water) and it's just as effective. I wouldn't abandon it during protocol. It's also when I use most of my impatiens, beech, willow and cherry plum. LOL.
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 09:51 AM 08-18-2010
Another 1 lb loss for me today, VLCD day 29. I am seriously loving these big numbers! I've lost 10.2 lbs from last wednesday to today (wednesday).

Feeling really, really good too. No starvation here!
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 12:04 PM 08-18-2010
Last night was rough....but I am pretty sure it was mostly because of my headache. When I get a headache I feel like I am starving...even if I just ate a huge meal...so couple that with the fact that I really was fairly hungry, and I was miserable for a bit. But once it went away I felt much better.

Loss from yesterday is 2.3
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 01:16 PM 08-18-2010
Quote:
Last night was rough....but I am pretty sure it was mostly because of my headache. When I get a headache I feel like I am starving...even if I just ate a huge meal...so couple that with the fact that I really was fairly hungry, and I was miserable for a bit. But once it went away I felt much better.

Loss from yesterday is 2.3
Great loss!

Headaches are completely normal early in P2. I've read/heard that it is your body getting adjust and your body releasing toxins that might be contained within the stored fat.

I had a all-over headache for 2 or 3 days in the first week of my round.

Drink even more water, take epsom salts baths and maybe have some detox tea.

greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 01:26 PM 08-18-2010
I get headaches/migraines A LOT! I found a homeopathic remedy that was working wonderfully and I hadnt had one for about 8 weeks, which is like a miracle for me. Last week they started a bit again and I was so scared that doing this diet they would come back all the way. Last nights wasnt really that bad...but it stressed me because I am scared they will turn that bad again, if that makes sense? But it went away before bed and wasnt there when I woke up...so that is really good. Usually the last several days.
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 01:31 PM 08-18-2010
Quote:
I get headaches/migraines A LOT! I found a homeopathic remedy that was working wonderfully and I hadnt had one for about 8 weeks, which is like a miracle for me. Last week they started a bit again and I was so scared that doing this diet they would come back all the way. Last nights wasnt really that bad...but it stressed me because I am scared they will turn that bad again, if that makes sense? But it went away before bed and wasnt there when I woke up...so that is really good. Usually the last several days.
I understand. I've had migraines since I was 16 and was worried what this metabolic process would do. But so far in these 4 weeks on the protocol I've had no migraines.

I had a few headaches early on, like I said, but they were mostly subdued with tylenol.

I still get 'weather' headaches, the one's that come on because of rapid or dramatic barometric pressure changes, but they are not migraine level.

Lots of health/medical issues improve while on hcg...maybe your headaches will too.
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 10:16 AM 08-19-2010
-2.0 today

VLCD day 30 = -30.2 lbs

Now within 3 lbs of my pre-baby-weight goal.
clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 04:50 PM 08-20-2010
Last night was my last dose of HCG and... I made it to my goal! Weigh in this morning shows a total loss of 21lbs in 25 days on HCG! YAYYYYY!

I'm looking forward to starting phase 3 on Sunday and starting to plan meals for myself. My protein options are still limited (vegetarian) but I think I'll be able to manage. I'm planning on eating lots of eggs, some cheese/full fat plain yogurt, and a small amount of nuts/seeds. We'll see how it goes!
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 05:08 PM 08-20-2010
YAY!!! And you're not counting loading, right? Even though you're ON hcg it's not a weight-loss part of it, so really you only need to count the VLCD's.

You are AWESOME!!!! Now get ready!
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 05:08 PM 08-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
Last night was my last dose of HCG and... I made it to my goal! Weigh in this morning shows a total loss of 21lbs in 25 days on HCG! YAYYYYY!

So exciting!
clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 05:16 PM 08-20-2010
Quote:
YAY!!! And you're not counting loading, right? Even though you're ON hcg it's not a weight-loss part of it, so really you only need to count the VLCD's.

You are AWESOME!!!! Now get ready!
Yes, 25 days on HCG/VLCD. It actually worked out perfectly. I ran out of HCG last night and my period showed up too.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 05:22 PM 08-20-2010
oh for the love of pete. Well, in very short order you get to eat. And if it becomes unbearable you can always go rogue.
clovergirl's Avatar clovergirl 05:25 PM 08-20-2010
Quote:
oh for the love of pete. Well, in very short order you get to eat. And if it becomes unbearable you can always go rogue.
I think I'll be OK actually. Once it starts I'm usually fine, it's the couple of days of PMS prior that I get cravings. Although I did treat myself to a cottage cheese/strawberry/cocoa shake for lunch... without any spinach. I didn't want to taint the chocolate.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 05:30 PM 08-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View Post
I didn't want to taint the chocolate.
that was awesome.
SuburbanHippie's Avatar SuburbanHippie 05:31 PM 08-20-2010
Great job hitting your goal!!! Phase 3 is awesome! You'll love it!

My only advice is make sure you're eating enough calories once you're past the 2 days of 500 calories/no drops. If you eat too little, your body can go into starvation mode and you may gain weight. I personally have stabilized fabulously, but my sister can't stabilize to save her life.

If you have any stomach pain from eating fats again, you can take digestive enzymes. I haven't needed them, but again my sister needs them just to get by.
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 05:39 PM 08-20-2010
woo hoo congrats!

I am down 10 lbs now and am very pleased.

I am starting to feel pretty good and am getting into the swing of things. I still think I will only do around 30 days this round as I dont want to burn out and cheat. Lots of parties, possible vacation, etc all coming up in september and october, and then the holidays...I am going to wait til the new year most likely to do another round.
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 08:17 PM 08-20-2010
What are your thoughts on using coconut oil on phase 2? I assumed a big no no but have seen many accounts and sites of people using it with wonderful results....even eating chocolate delight?
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 08:20 PM 08-20-2010
Quote:
What are your thoughts on using coconut oil on phase 2? I assumed a big no no but have seen many accounts and sites of people using it with wonderful results....even eating chocolate delight?
In Phase 2? Wow I'd be really surprised. That's really high in fat (good fat, I know) pretty much the same amount as olive oil.

Coconut oil, as I understand it, is great for Phase 3.
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 08:42 PM 08-20-2010
I know...but a lot of people were claiming because its speeds up your metabolism its ok. It was interesting as saw it several places...usually when chocolate delight was mentioned
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 08:45 PM 08-20-2010
I wouldn't. It is thermogenic, but as was said, I'd be looking for that on p3 and 4. For me, though this diet isn't *hard* I'd not want to sabotage myself.
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 08:50 PM 08-20-2010
Thanks
ALittleBitCrunchy's Avatar ALittleBitCrunchy 09:28 PM 08-20-2010
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie, just introducing myself. *waves*

I'm currently on day two of VLCD. I'm doing homeopathic drops for the hCG. So far, it's going well. Bad headache last night but an aspirin cleared it up. Everything else has been going smoothly.

SO...not much to share but wanted to jump in
greenmagick's Avatar greenmagick 09:44 PM 08-20-2010
Hello!

I am day 6..so not that much further ahead
mary3mama's Avatar mary3mama 09:14 PM 08-21-2010
Quote:
woo hoo congrats!

I am down 10 lbs now and am very pleased.

I am starting to feel pretty good and am getting into the swing of things. I still think I will only do around 30 days this round as I dont want to burn out and cheat. Lots of parties, possible vacation, etc all coming up in september and october, and then the holidays...I am going to wait til the new year most likely to do another round.

You might be surprised by how little you are tempted to cheat once you get further into your round.
I was at a birthday party today and I realized that the cake (normally something I'd obsess about getting) didn't even appeal to me, neither did the sodas or the potato chips. I felt satiated by my protocol food and the water I'm drinking continuously. Most people I've heard from say that the first 10 days are the toughest in terms of hunger and cravings. I'm on day 32 now and it is so routine for me to eat what I'm eating and not want more it's easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittleBitCrunchy View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie, just introducing myself. *waves*

I'm currently on day two of VLCD. I'm doing homeopathic drops for the hCG. So far, it's going well. Bad headache last night but an aspirin cleared it up. Everything else has been going smoothly.

SO...not much to share but wanted to jump in

I'm doing homeopathic hcg as well. I'm on day 32 and have lost more than 31 lbs already.

I had headaches the first few days on protocol but just took tylenol and drank even more water, assuming my body was both releasing toxins and adjusting the the 'new reality'

Looking forward to your losses!
Tags: Hcg Diet 800 Calorie Protocol Second Edition , Weight Loss Apocalypse Emotional Eating Rehab Through The Hcg Protocol Hardcover , Eat Pray Hcg Lose Weight Fast On The Hcg Protocol And Keep It Off By Gaining Peace Of Mind , Health Healing
First ... 7  8  9 10  11  19  59  ... Last

Up