Weight Watchers--August 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 135 Old 08-29-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
Are you vegetarian?
Yes. Those cookbooks have great vegetarian recipes in them. I can't vouch for the meat recipes, though some of the books have them.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 135 Old 08-29-2010, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sunday, I'm a vegetarian too.

last week we joined e-mealz.com. We get a weekly dinner menu and shopping list. We were stuck in a really bad food rut, so this past week we were all so excited to try some new recipes. I went on etools, and added the weeks recipes in the recipe builder to see how many points they all were, plus I was able to play around with them a little to make them a healthier. I loathe meal planning and grocery shopping, so this subscription to emealz has been such a treat. Tonight is zucchini boats stuffed with quinoa and brown rice.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#123 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

I considered one of those meal plans before and ended up just doing my own planning. How do you like the one you're doing? I wish they had a vegetarian WW.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#124 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 AM

-2.4 for week one! Feeling good!
#125 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
shayinme

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#126 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I wish they had a vegetarian WW.
(A little bit confused),

The WW program looks like it would be easy to do as a vegetarian. You don't even really have to modify it, just use vegetarian sources of protein for the lean protein checks.

#127 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everybody! Congrats, welcome and s all around. Just back from vacation. It was fun, fun, fun. Too much fun as you might guess. So now I've got a ways to go before my free September WI, but I'm motivated. I think.

Got back on the rowing machine this morning and that was wonderful. Off to a good start anyway.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#128 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post
(A little bit confused),

The WW program looks like it would be easy to do as a vegetarian. You don't even really have to modify it, just use vegetarian sources of protein for the lean protein checks.
I was referring to the www.e-mealz.com menu plans. They have a WW option and a vegetarian option but they don't have a vegetarian WW option. Sorry I didn't make a better reference.

#129 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM

Just popping in - here are some blogs & recipe sites I like that list WW points:

http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/

http://www.laaloosh.com/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

http://www.dandtrecipes.blogspot.com/

This doesn't list WW points but is awesome:

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#130 of 135 Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 PM

Sunday, I was wishing the same thing regarding emealz.com. I chose to go with the vegetarian plan. I like it okay...it's not exactly food I am used to making. Several casseroles, things I have never made before....but so far all the recipes have been pretty tasty. My dh (who is not vegetarian) has really enjoyed them, I think he was pretty sick of my cooking. Points wise, most work out to be 6-8 points, which I think is pretty good. Once I go to the recipe builder on etools, I am able to subtract or substitute things to get the points lower. So far, there is hardly any use of processed foods. It's only week two, but I feel much more energized to shop, save $, and cook. And that change has been worth it so far.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#131 of 135 Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 PM

I found this article on the WW site and wanted to share. It's about dealing with a week where the scale show the number going up rather than down.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=33071

#132 of 135 Old 09-01-2010, 01:34 AM

Ok, after a terrible flu and company--I am officially starting this over tomorrow (I really gotta quit doing this). Weigh ins are saturday and I missed last week so I very curious to see where I am at. Wish me luck. Im am READY to lose this last 10 lbs, so ready!
#133 of 135 Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM

Heres what I ate yesterday...
I need feedback, nothing fills me up and I end up being hungry and therefore always snacking.

English Muffin-2
Peanut Butter-1 (very small amount)
1/2 cup oatmeal-1
1/2 banana-1

apple-1

english muffin-2
turkey meat-1
1 pc cheese-1
honeymustard-1(tiny amount)

popcorn-2
english muffin-2(I know, lots of these today. I'm on a kick)
peanut butter-1

1/2 can soup-1

Right here I was at 17 and have 26 daily pts. Then...I went for ice cream and Mexican. The ice cream was a huge scoop and I didnt eat much of my mexican meal because I filled up on chips and Salsa. Besides the ice cream mexican part..any ideas how I can feel more full during the day. I feel like I am never satisfied.
#134 of 135 Old 09-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lovemore! Of course you're not feeling full, you go through the day with no real meals. It's like you're nickel and diming yourself to hunger - and then ice cream and chips. I totally understand and have been there too. And your food choices are nearly all high point / low volume, so are hard to keep to your points and fill up on.

I avoid mexican food, it's all high points. Maybe fajitas are ok, but only if you have the will power to avoid the chips.

Although it seems counterintuitive, try larger meals. And stick to filling foods - mostly veggies and lean proteins. Put a can of tuna on a bed of greens. Roll that turkey up with dijon mustard in a lettuce leaf - and get a good portion of it, say 3 pts. Try berries in cottage cheese.

Most of your points should come from green diamond foods.

You might also try the simply filling technique. It might really work for you, or at least be a good start.

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#135 of 135 Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to start a September thread.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page