Mothering Forum banner

1000 minute challenge AUGUST!!!!! Everybody join - challenge yourself

3K views 88 replies 9 participants last post by  katiedidbug 
#1 ·
So I guess I get to start again!!! I'm on a roll!

Everyone please post your goals and workouts. It really helps!!!

Well - I have to put 1500 again. I've put it down for 3 months in a row and haven't met my goal - so I really need to do it now. Hopefully, I can make it - no vacation and I better not get sick......

8/1 - 55 minute run and cool down. Nice trail run with my hubby then breakfast

55/1500

#2 ·
I'll play this time!
I am coming off what was supposed to be a whole week off. Only I cheated. I worked out Monday, Tues and Weds. Monday, I did heavy squats and other stuff and that mighta been a mistake because what was supposed to have been a recovery week turned into me being sore until Friday. Next time, I'm going to limit my week off to Zumba and walking if I simply must do something.

Okay, on to this week. I am starting a new program. I've been doing Turbulence Training for the last 3 months and just finished up a contest. It's a new program every 4 weeks. So next week, I start a new program. I haven't even looked at it! All I know so far is that the workouts are A, B and C and I plan to do them M, W & F. The lifting takes around 45 minutes and the HIIT takes another 10-20 depending on the program. Tuesday I do Zumba for an hour. So I'm already at 4 hours. I am supposed to work out Thursday but I usually don't. On Saturday, I do whatever while my daughter takes a kid's bootcamp class at the gym. So that's another 30 minutes or more.

#6 ·
I think I'll aim for 1300 this month. That'll be a challenge for me with school & activities starting again, a vacation, and a family reunion in the mix. I need something to hold me accountable!

8/1 - 80 min outdoor run
8/2 - 45 min upper body weights

125/1300

#9 ·
I'm in. I usually workout 4-5 hours a week, but I'll keep my August goal at 1,000, because I have family coming into town and might not be able to get to the gym as much as I would like.

I did circuit training for 60 minutes today, so I'm at 60/1,000.

#13 ·
8/2 - 30 minute run
8/3 - off
8/4 - 60 minute run with about 10 minute cool down

145/1500

#16 ·
8/2 - 30 minute run
8/3 - off
8/5 - 45 minute run with walking (team workout)

190/1500

#23 ·
8/2 - 30 minute run
8/3 - off
8/5 - 45 minute run with walking (team workout)
8/6 - 105 total - 55 minute trail run and 50 minutes yard work sweating bullets
8/7 - 55 minute trail run - same trail

350/1500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.