If losing weight slowly is best... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
then I'm great at this! I'm going so slowly that I've completely stopped and even started to move backwards.

Ugh.

Any tips for keeping up the motivation? I always start strong when I attempt weight loss/fitness goals, but then I lose my patience/motivation/energy and end up worse off than I started.
#2 of 4 Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 AM

I did great at first, losing 20 pounds betweek December '09 and April of this year. Then I stalled out until the end of July. I was tired of working out all the time and staying the same weight, so I joined Weight Watchers three weeks ago. I've lost a little over a pound a week since I joined, so it looks like I'm getting back on track.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#3 of 4 Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Make a list of WHY your goal is what it is and hang it up where you will see it often (your bathroom mirror or fridge or whatever).

If part of the reason that you wanted to lose weight you've already achieved, then think though WHY your goal is to weigh even less.

For example, when I first started out, I wanted to be able to go into a store and buy clothes. I just wanted to a size, any size, and buy pants. I reached that goal long before I got to a healthy weight, but I really stalled out when I got down to a size 14 because it was such a nice, normal size!

(I eventually lost 70 pounds)

I want to be a healthy weight because

* I feel best at that weight
* I have more energy
* I feel more confident
* I want to stay as healthy as possible as long as possible
* I have a lot of cute clothes in that size I want to wear!
* I like setting a good example for my daughters
* I like knowing that I'm doing my best to take care of myself
* I feel sexier
* I like to keep my husband on his toes

I also go to WW meetings, which I find very helpful. I really like the weekly motivation and support. (I'm lifetime!)

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-11-2010, 03:40 PM

My way of getting motivated is motivating others to stay healthy. I know that I need to keep working on my health and fitness if I want to be able to help others.

The biggest thing that has helped me to stay motivated is having good motivational buddies. You can find a workout buddy online or choose a friend that lives close to you. Just find someone who won't be afraid to tell you that you need to get your butt moving!!

I'd love support------>

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page