Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Make a list of WHY your goal is what it is and hang it up where you will see it often (your bathroom mirror or fridge or whatever).
If part of the reason that you wanted to lose weight you've already achieved, then think though WHY your goal is to weigh even less.
For example, when I first started out, I wanted to be able to go into a store and buy clothes. I just wanted to a size, any size, and buy pants. I reached that goal long before I got to a healthy weight, but I really stalled out when I got down to a size 14 because it was such a nice, normal size!
(I eventually lost 70 pounds)
I want to be a healthy weight because
* I feel best at that weight
* I have more energy
* I feel more confident
* I want to stay as healthy as possible as long as possible
* I have a lot of cute clothes in that size I want to wear!
* I like setting a good example for my daughters
* I like knowing that I'm doing my best to take care of myself
* I feel sexier
* I like to keep my husband on his toes
I also go to WW meetings, which I find very helpful. I really like the weekly motivation and support. (I'm lifetime!)
but everything has pros and cons